LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Why do people call babs the great dementor of pathogens?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why do people call babs the great dementor of pathogens?
Maya12
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 36392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maya12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it because it messes with your head so bad and makes you feel insane and angry and inhuman?
Posts: 1632 | From Canada | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maya12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can babs make you very agitated and suicidal?
Posts: 1632 | From Canada | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sillia
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sillia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know the answer. I think all of these infections affect the brain. These symptoms will improve with treatment. Are you seeing a LLMD?

Do you have someone there you can talk to about your symptoms? You are not alone, many people have gone through this. It's not you, it's the disease, so hang in there and keep at it. Getting well can take time and persistence. Small steps, little by little, you can do it.

Posts: 261 | From Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I called it that because of the way it affected me mentally and emotionally. It was like my soul was sucked out of me. Bart did that too but in a different way. I had no motivation with babesia; complete apathy.

It can make you very depressed and people can become suicidal especially when they first begin treatment with mepron. You need to tell yourself it is just temporary and cut back on medication if things get too bad.

You will come out of it. I remember one day when I suddenly felt complete joy hearing a bird sing and seeing the sun falling through the leaves. Life will come back to you. It is just the disease making you depressed and you can beat it.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Hey sillia and neff thank you so much for saying this, and neff did you also feel confused and out of it too with babs and like you were so emotionally messed up that you were going insane? I just feel like I have no soul , personality or connection to anything that is me , I feel like I have completely lost myself.

And how long did it take you to start feeling better on babs treatment? Or to feel joy and connection to self again?

It just scares me cause I was doing quite well back in aug sept , had been treating since April, and then it all went bad again.

Do some have set backs like this and still eventually get better?

I did stop treatment for about a month once I was getting bad again thinking it was a herx and wonder if I let everything come back.

Maya12
Member # 36392

Can anyone tell me what emotional sx they have had from babs and also have some had good times only to get way worse again for a while and then got better again?
Maya12
Member # 36392

Anyone ever feel slightlyanic with babs tx?

I don't know if it is truely even mania, it is strange because I start to feel slightly more happy but then I get feeling more hyper agitated and then I get scared that I am too happy but also can't connect with just feeling happy and calm and contented like I used to. Is this totally nutts or just the bugs messing with my head.

Is this more like OCD? Or

Does this sound like mania?

Will I ever just feel happy and content like normal again

Can anyone relate to this

It's like certain emotions coming alive but they are too strong and scare me

Maya12
Member # 36392

Funny thing is I never really had this manic type feeling till I started treating babs, do and dr yes but not like this and have no personal or fam history of bipolar

I do have kpu though

nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I felt the way you describe. I had to force myself to do things because nothing mattered. It was not a weepy depression. It was defeat, complete despair, no reason to care.

I treated babesia duncani for 9 months, first with mepron and zithro, then with malarone zithro and rounds of coartem. The coartem helped a lot.

Things will lift. You will have a little more energy in your body and your spirit will follow.

It is such a horrible place to be that I am on guard against it all the time. It marks the beginning of a relapse so I pay a lot of attention to how I feel.

Treating protomyxzoa helped me recover almost completely so don't leave it out.
Protomyxzoa causes the same depression and anxiety as babesia. You know when you have switched over to it being dominate when you can't sleep well.

If I was treating babesia again I would not use the large amounts of fat recommended for anti-malarial drugs. It might eventually kill the babesia but it sends the PR into overdrive.

I would take malarone without the fat, cut my dietary intake down to 15 grams and pulse LipoPhos EDTA twice a week. Lipophos has essential phospholipids (fats) that the cells crave. This gets the EDTA into the biofilm protecting the pathogens, where it breaks it down allowing the drugs to work better.

As phospolipids are extremely good for your body taking LipoPhos has no negative effects. The EDTA also chelates heavy metals and it will not get into the saliva so it is safe to use when you still have amalgams.

The only problem is it is expensive. EDTA chelates some minerals too so you should only take it twice a week. LipoPhos works better when combined with vitamin C - like grapefruit juice. A really powerful combination that is over the counter is Artemix, LipoPhos EDTA and grapefruit juice.

If your doctor has you on drugs to treat other infections and is just adding in some parasite drugs, try pulsing stromectol. It turned things around for me along with the low fat diet. I take the LipoPhos EDTA now to try to manage without the drugs.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Hey neff , thanks for your reply , I do appreciate the suggestions and think I will start cutting out some fats.

With this hopeless dispair did you ever have thoughts like you were too messed in the head to ever get better and that you were just too far gone to ever be yourself again?

Maya12
Member # 36392

Hey neff did your brain fog and drunk feeling get worse before it got better when starting babs treatment
robbiem
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robbiem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear of your troubles with the dreaded Babs.

Do know that it does get better, but it can definitely make you very manic, suicidal and angry as hell.

When I treated with Mepron/Zith, I had insane levels of anger well up out of no where, and my entire head would feel as though it was vibrating like crazy - especially when dealing with difficult people!

I hit a point in my treatment where for me i knew I was done with the rx's, and only wanted the natural way. That was 2 years ago.

I went on Byron White Formulas for Babesia, and it made me a raving lunatic -- I did not sleep for days, I did nothing but cry, felt completely suicidal, disassociated and just downright crazy and scared.

It turned out my dose that I was taking was way too high --

After my LLMD heard my describe what I was going through, he said that it might be more advantageous to stop focusing on the Babs/Lyme/Bart and step back and start with the so-called bigger guys, parasites.

He put me on a formula for that, and although I am still pulsing/treating and it is a slow process, I have to say that I agree with Gigi, Gael and Tammy --- parasites seem to be the root of so much of what we are all struggling with...

Have you considered treating for them? It just sounds to me like it's time for a switch, and take a break from hitting the Babs.

Also -- sounds like alot of Neurotoxins hitting you HARD. Are you taking any binders as you are making matters worse instead of better by treating and not also utilizing binders as well -- something unfortunately that many of the LLMDs do not push, IMO.

I hope you can take a break -- btw -- when i backed off of treating the Babesia, all the nasty mental stuff and insomnia subsided within a few days, so do not lose hope.

Posts: 192 | From New England | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is the zith and biaxin antibiotics that gives me dark despair. Malarone was a walk in the park. The side effects of these drugs are mood disturbances. Fortunately, these meds clear within a few days after stopping.
Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in it and have bartonella, exposed to tularemia, ebv, mycoplasma pneumonia. Not sure what causes it but it's hell to be in this mind.

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Hey Lyme in Putnam have you ever thought of treating parasites or babesia

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement