LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » PARASITE WARRIORS SUPPORT THREAD (Page 22)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  29  30  31   
Author Topic: PARASITE WARRIORS SUPPORT THREAD
Ames
Member # 43292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ames     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just started parasite drugs. Any advice for die off or what kind of side effects can I expect. Tomorrow I start ivermectin and pyrantel - can't remember the rest of the name of it. It's the 5 drug protocol of dr k's. I'm nervous about the high dose especially of ivermectin - 48 mg a day and I'm under 100 pounds.
Posts: 2 | From California | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone, I have nearly finished wading through this thread and am at present partway through a course of Hanna Kroeger wormwood combo, with one extra clove capsule per day.

In the past I have taken Vitaklenz (years ago) and Humaworm (no longer ship internationally), courses of Dr Clark's Store oil of oregano, Clarkia.

For my general treatment, I am on Cowden Support programme (over a year on it) and supportive supplements, probiotics, ACS200 silver in small quantities every other day and alternate between zeolite (Cowden's or ACZnano) and Biopure's Metalsweep (formerly Microsilica). I am also using the iMRS mat for eight minutes every other night. Some of the Cowden herbs and other supplements such as Pycnogenol also have anti-parasite qualities.

So far this is rather a punishing schedule and I have been in a pretty poor way, but then, I was in a poor way before I embarked on the iMRS to help me to detox, and the latest parasite and metal chelation attempts. I just needed to change my approach. I remember that one person with Lyme always had at the end of his/her post these words of wisdom:

'If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.'

I am looking forward to joining in here, thanks.

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also wanted to post a link to a lyme and parasite-friendly bread recipe that I have recently been making:

http://deliciouslyella.com/almond-quinoa-pumpkin-seed-bread/

The recipe says buckwheat or brown rice flour, but the original that I follow was the same quantity of quinoa flakes. I use whole quinoa because I can't get the flakes at the moment. I do put the whole quinoa in the blender (it doesn't alter it much!). I also add a little more water to the recipe because of using whole quinoa. This is a pretty low carb bread, without eggs, gluten, dairy, yeast, sugar or other allergens.

After you mix up the dry stuff and have left it to soak, the mixture looks very unpromising, but the finished result is rather yummy, i think.

For parasites, there are loads of pumpkin seeds in this loaf, as well as some flax and psyllium to help cleanse you whilst you are treating.

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ames, some people do well on that dose, and some people need a lower dose (me). You will find your dose after you try it. As far as die off, I sometimes feel sick (putrid) when they are dying (after a few days on the meds). Remember to take binders away from everything. Also, coffee enemas really help to get the toxins and worms out of your body.

Ukcarry, awesome you are treating! Coffee enemas will help you feel better (great for detoxing--cleans the toxins out).

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gmb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be taking an ABX break in a few weeks to do another two rounds of Coartem. I have a second package of Parastroy I have been holding off taking since on a Rif/doxy/Plaquenil protocol since last fall. My first Parastroy package went OK last October with no noticeable difference.

Does anyone have any comments on taking Parastroy and Coartem together. My LLMD is cautious about taking any other ABX while on Coartem. Of course I'll be taking my normal supps and probiotics thru the two rounds of 5 days ON, 7 days OFF pulses.

comments?

Thanks

gmb

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ames
Member # 43292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ames     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cat girl, thank you:) I started with one 12 mg pill this morning and figure I will work up slowly over the course of a few days. I' already have a headache and am tired from one pill. Getting to 4 a day may be difficult. Need to try the coffee enemas- just a little afraid of them because of my pelvic floor issues.
Posts: 2 | From California | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Folks a Humaworm question... I am be owning very constipated on this stuff which is odd since it has senna in it. What do people do with this?
Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmarie725
Member # 43094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmarie725     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone--

I'm starting to realize and understand finally that I most likely do have parasites because of symptoms and everyone being so helpful giving me info.

Something happened this morning (that I realize has happened a few other times) and I wanted to see if this, too, could be caused by parasites. It seems so strange.

While I was laying in bed, I literally started feeling the sensation of the bed shaking (sort of subtle). Or maybe it felt like my body was sort of moving. Different from the typical inner-vibrations.

Has anyone felt this before? Parasites again?

Posts: 75 | From Chicago, IL | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CD57,

Are you doing the cleanse that Humaworm suggests to take with Humaworm? Also, make sure you are drinking plenty of water when taking herbs. A warm water enema could be very helpful in releasing dead and dying toxins from the lower colon.

Salt/c was very helpful with keeping things moving and also parasites were leaving quicker. They can't stand the salt. The combo of the salt/c and herbs packs a bigger punch.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
P.S.

Artemesia has many different strains.

Artemesia Annua is an antimalarial, probably prescribed for babesia.

Artemesia Absinthum is usually the strain used in antiparasitic herbs.

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

gmb,

Not sure about taking Parastroy with Coartem. I would check with your doc. On another note, one round of antiparasitics whether herbs or pharmas, is not nearly enough and tx has to be consistent. It can take several yrs to get rid of parasites.

Gael

[ 02-20-2014, 02:43 AM: Message edited by: glm1111 ]

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

ukcarry
Member # 18147

Thanks, Catgirl. I must say that I have been reading about coffee enemas for quite some time now, but have not yet plucked up the courage to try!

I have also considered colonics for years and would probably have given it a go if there was a local practitioner .

One thing that has always concerned me a bit was the suitability of enemas and colonics if you have a leaky gut.....does anyone know?

gmb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gael,

Thanks for input. I know one round of Parastroy is not enough. That's why I purchase two kits the first time I tried it last Oct. I had little to no reaction to the first 21 day course, and yes I did include Salt/C at same time. I have been on Salt/C pretty much all year at (1)tsp 2x/day.

I have no serious parasite SX, just want to cover all bases in my overall co-infection treatment plan, and see if this is what is holding back Tx progress. I know Coartem is a "dirty" drug with many cross-reactions, as is Rifampin, so timing of my next dose needs serious consideration and risk/reward analysis.

Thanks again for your insite.

later

gmb

I'm not realy sure

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Question again: Humaworm says not to take probiotics while taking Humaworm. However, I am on abx with it and need to take probiotics. How do people handle that?
Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

I missed that. Not sure why they say that unless the herbs kill the probiotics. I drank lots of kefir and ate yogurt with extra probiotics when taking herbs and still do.

Didn't interfere with killing the parasites, but I was also doing salt/c. I would stay on the probiotics if you are on abx. I always took probiotics with kefir and yogurt to make sure they got past the stomach acid.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ukcarry, I don't tolerate colonics very well (leaky gut) but the coffee enemas are no problem for me. I feel much better when I do them (worth it!). [Smile]

CD57, I take probitics whenever I use humaworm--not at the same time though (no issues).

[ 02-20-2014, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: Catgirl ]

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Member # 18147

Thanks for the encouragement, Catgirl.
Catgirl
Member # 31149

You're welcome. :)

--------------------

Catgirl
Member # 31149

This is fascinating (How parasites manipulate us):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-26240297

--------------------

ukcarry
Member # 18147

Funnily enough, i spotted that this programme was on and watched it last night. It was interesting, though we never found out for sure whether the presenter had visible evidence that his self-implanted tapeworms (via cysts) had been successfully killed and eradicated.
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. That was an interesting article Catgirl! Thanks for sharing. I must say, I can't imagine injecting myself with parasites for the sake of science!
Posts: 2367 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Thanks Catgirl! I believe it. They are much more intelligent than we realize. Dr.K. always said that they control our emotions.

If this guy new what we knew about the damage they cause, I think he would think twice about ingesting anymore eggs!!

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

CD57
Member # 11749

Does anyone know what happened to Maya12?

Question re the parasite thinking in this, and the ILADs communities: can parasites actually BLOCK the other Lyme and co's treatments from being successful?

We treat me for 3 days for an infection (like bart), and seem to get some progress, and then it STOPs. I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, back in the thread. I need to get past this block.

On Humaworm, day 7. Other than clearing up of acne (YAY!) and one night of drenching sweats and a little burst of anxiety.....I have not seen any "activity".

My sx are encephalopathy/DP/DR, anxiety/wired/OCD, cycling teeth/jaw pain, eye pain, twtiching/crawling scalp and ears (my glasses actually move on my ears from the movement), hand tremors, drooling, stabbing pains in head, insomnia. I know parasites are likely not responsible for everything on here but probably blocking the other treatments from being effective.

SLML
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42986

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLML     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CD57 - Thanks for posting on how you are doing with the Humaworm - I am curious to see how you do with it. Side note - are you taking antibiotics too? I am on antibiotics and considering adding in Humaworm at some point.
Posts: 123 | From Washington State | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

yes I am on Zith and Septra.
CD57
Member # 11749

Update: Day 7 of Humaworm, now extreme irritability with voices and lights and bad thoughts. Just took CSM as I can't do enemas (don't have that kind of time to devote to myself).
glm1111
Member # 16556

Can you get a colonic? You are def herxng and killing these suckers, but releasing the dead and dying toxins from the lower colon will help a lot.

Forgive me if I asked you this before, but can you do salt/c? Just a low dose 1/4tsp each for 2 days,made them let go and caused a mass exodus.

Drinking lots of water when taking herbs is also important. Getting rid of the parasites will help to tx the other infections because the parasites hold onto and protect the bacteria.

Gael

[ 02-22-2014, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: glm1111 ]

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

SLML
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42986

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLML     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CD57 - Sorry it seems to be making you feel so crummy. Sounds like it must be getting at some stuff. Also, thanks for getting back to me about if you were on antibiotics are not. I have humaworm on my to-do list but have been putting it off because I am on antibiotics and didn't know if people could combine them. Thanks for keeping us posted on your progress. :-)
Posts: 123 | From Washington State | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Good idea Gael as I am incredibly constipated. Ugh! I will see if I can get one.
glm1111
Member # 16556

CD57,

May be a good idea to hold off on the herbs until you can get cleaned out. Same thing with other meds. Anything you take will just sit in the colon and make you more symptomatic.

If you are on any pain meds and keep taking them while constipated it can be dangerous. What about the salt/c? It can help with constipation.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gael, have you seen this one?

[Big Grin]

http://assets.amuniversal.com/2b2b6bd0fca50130186b001dd8b71c47

Sorry, I know this is a serious thread, but I couldn't resist, haha.

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carol, thanks for the laugh. We all could use a little humor in our lives [Wink]

CD57, there is something I ordered from Biopure (through Greenandhealthy.com - cheaper!) that really helps to keep me 'cleaned out' and it also gently chelates heavy metals. It is called METAL SWEEP. It was formerly called microsilica.

I love this stuff. I take only 1/3 of what is suggested and it is amazing. Makes me feel much better.

I sprinkle it on a large potato chip or cracker in between meals once a day. I do not take it as suggested by mixing with water. But I do drink plenty of water throughout the day.

I know it is expensive, but the amount you get will last you months if you take it in the smaller dose I use. It is really effective. I hope this helps.

Posts: 2367 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

I Love humor and a good laugh. It has pulled me out of some dark places. BTW, Laughter is the best medicine since it stimulates the white blood cells and boosts the immune system.

Thanks for posting Carol!

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

mlg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cd 57 I would add sonething like grapefruit pectin or psyllium husk with water. Your symptons seem to be parasitic. Anti-malarials and anti-parasitics with heparin and herbs crypto rotate with art.
good luck

Posts: 640 | From CA | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Mig what antimalarials and antiparasitics have you taken with good results? I have tried Ivermectin (nothing), Alinia (nope, or maybe?), Tindamax (worked great for awhile), and Mepron (pulsed MWF 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off).

So weird.

Truesun
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truesun   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick question. Does Salt/C treat Babesia? I have been pouring out parasites with no relief in my breathing. I think Babesia might be behind it. Please let me know if anyone has used it successfully for this or if I need to add something else.

Thanks Truesun

--------------------
Misdiagnosed for many years. Treated for many things besides the real issue. Lyme diagnosed April 2008. Parasites diagnosed recently. Past to both my sons. Trying to remain hopeful and thankful.

Posts: 144 | From Ohio Valley | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

The antiparasitic herbs plus Digestive enzymes (Super Digestaway by Soloray) helped me tremendously with breathing. It is suggested to take digestive enzymes even in between meals.(antiparasitic as well) Enzymes also helps kill mycoplasma.

I have seen other posters state that salt/c helped babs, but I would also add the herbs. Warm water enemas help.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

mlg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CD57
I did 7-8 montgs straight of snti-malarials. Zithromax and mrpron. Detox withb juices, infrared sauna, pemf, etc. Albenza + zithromax + paragone with colinics 2-5 day cycle. Ivermectin with same b recipe as above. Alina had moderatively good results. Clindamyacin +quinine is also good.

Posts: 640 | From CA | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmarie725
Member # 43094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmarie725     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi everyone...so i know parasites can cause muscle twitching, but does anybody know how they cause it or why that happens?
Posts: 75 | From Chicago, IL | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinnick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twinnick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dmarie725:
hi everyone...so i know parasites can cause muscle twitching, but does anybody know how they cause it or why that happens?

I'm curious of this too, I get minor muscle twitching...and it comes and goes. I can have a good week with hardly no twitching, then a bad day where my eye twitches throughout the day.

I'm wondering if I should attack parasites. Can I do it while I'm on ABX? Is there an abx that goes after all parasites? Are there herbals I can buy from my local vitamin shoppe to get me going? How long do I treat?

Posts: 153 | From Midwest | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Member # 18147

I get eye twitches a lit too, but I always linked them with metals.
twinnick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twinnick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crap...

..what should I do first? Parasite detox or metal detox?

Posts: 153 | From Midwest | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

The parasites carry metals in their coats, so you can take something like chlorella to take care of the metals while you are doing parasite tx.

Also take something for candida such as probiotics, kefir and coconut oil since candida and parasites go hand in hand. Parasite tx has to be continuous and is not just a 1 mos deal. Extra cloves kill the eggs.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

dmarie725
Member # 43094

So does the twitching happen because of the metals the parasites carry? Or could it happen because they are creating magnesium deficiencies? My doctor told me to take regular Epsom salt baths to see if it helps with the twitching and it makes it less intense...doesn't stop it but reduces a little. So I wondered if maybe the parasites were creating deficiencies, which would cause twitching?
twinnick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43163

What all does wormwood rid the body of in regards to parasites if I take that with my babs tx?
ukcarry
Member # 18147

It can't be related to magnesium deficiency for me because I take a wellabsorbed form of magnesium(mag. malate) twice daily.

The Hanna Kroeger combo seems to be doing a reasonable job at contolling candida. I have had to use the bathroom more since I have been on it, though haven't noticed obvious evidence of parasites (I know that many are microscopic anyway). I am using the HK capsules along with extra clove and when I complete 2 bottles of the Hanna K combination, I intend to keep the cloves and move onto Rascal, also by Hanna Kroeger. Will revisit the combination product after a gap to avoid using wormwood continuously for a long stretch.

The Hanna K doesn't seem to have affected my massive bloating and discomfort wearing a bra past midday: any ideas?

mlg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35383

Catgirl,

From your post on Feb. 20. I wonder if we all have most of the parasites. Some have higher loads and some have lower loads. Some have very active infection, some don't. (higher active infection more bugs smell your sweet blood and bite you).

If we lower the load and boost the immune system and our immune system will keep these infections in check...just thinking

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Mlg, I agree. [Smile]

As far as parasites manipulating us (link posted on Feb 20), I noticed several months ago that I didn't test well for anti parasitic stuff the week before the full moon (when they are most active). I think the bugs want to live and influence my energetic testing (just mazes me).

Their ability to affect us reminds me in some way of the movie, Avatar. There is a whole other universe going on inside us. And a whole other universe on the outside too (energy).

[ 03-03-2014, 01:47 AM: Message edited by: Catgirl ]

--------------------

glm1111
Member # 16556

Catgirl,

Parasites are MASTERS at survival. It's a matter of strategy and outsmarting them

Example: when they wander outside the digestive track, drinking milk or eating cheese (which they love)baits them back in and then you have to hit them with antiparasitcs and or salt/c to kill them.

They have been around for a long time and have learned how to survive when attacked. It IS amazing.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

dmarie725
Member # 43094

I'm really becoming more and more interested in the topic of parasites as I learn more. From what I've learned, tons of people actually have parasites, even if they don't know it.

Why is it some people will develop actual physical symptoms and others won't at all and will never know??

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Dmarie, I already answered this (or a version thereof) for you in the pm you sent me. Maybe my answer wasn't what you are looking for?

Western medicine hasn't really embraced the subject of parasites, so no money is being spent on WHY some people develop physical symptoms, much less if people even have parasites.

Conventional medicine considers the possibility of humans contracting parasites (especially in the US) extremely rare (ridiculous). They think parasites are mostly in third world countries only. That's what medical professionals learned from their text books and mentors, so that is all they know. They are stuck in their old belief system. That and the lab tests are pitifully inaccurate.

Are you treating yet?

--------------------

dmarie725
Member # 43094

Hey Catgirl...

Sorry, your answer was very helpful I just think you were explaining how traditional medicine is terrible at diagnosing or even accepting that this is common. I was just curious as to why say 2 people have parasites, one may develop symptoms and the other may not (since apparently most people have parasites, but not everyone develops symptoms).

Just trying to understand better. I have not started treating yet. I have my doctor follow up later this week to discuss what to do. He will have my test results (though those don't really matter since most likely they will be negative even if I'm positive). We will be discussing empirical treatment and what to do.

My test was through Metametrix. I've heard all testing is flawed, but that this lab is at least better than a traditional hospital lab?

glm1111
Member # 16556

Bringing this thread up for the 184 guests here this evening to revue, in case anyone hasn't considered parasites as a problem in chronic Lyme.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is anyone using DE for parasites?

When is the best time to take it? With meals or away from meals?

At bedtime or during the night when the parasites are active?

Posts: 1916 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Dmarie, not sure why one person develops symptoms and one does not (we are all different). I hope you start treating soon. [Smile]

MannaMe, It hits one celled parasites. It is a helpful tool in your arsenal to fight the battle. That said, I need more than this stuff. Parasite herbs & salt c combined work better on me (or parasite meds). DE is a good binder to take along with all of these things (but away from them).

I don't think it matters when you take it. I take it at least 2 hrs away from meds/supplements though.

--------------------

Catgirl
Member # 31149

quote:
Originally posted by ukcarry:

The Hanna K doesn't seem to have affected my massive bloating and discomfort wearing a bra past midday: any ideas?

I get this too (discomfort wearing a bra). I don't know what gets rid of it, but keep on treating.

Have you tried combining Hanna K (or any herbal product) with salt C yet? It made a difference for me as far as expelling parasites. The salt/c will help your adrenals and flush your system too.

--------------------

Catgirl
Member # 31149

quote:
Originally posted by glm1111:
Catgirl,

Parasites are MASTERS at survival. It's a matter of strategy and outsmarting them

Example: when they wander outside the digestive track, drinking milk or eating cheese (which they love)baits them back in and then you have to hit them with antiparasitcs and or salt/c to kill them.

They have been around for a long time and have learned how to survive when attacked. It IS amazing.

Gael

You are so right Gael! [Smile] I've baited them in with cheese or something sweet before and the herbal products work much better whenever I do this.

It's truly incredible what parasites will do to survive (just like us, they dodge whatever is trying to kill them).

--------------------

ukcarry
Member # 18147

Hi Catgirl, I am not confident enough about my blood pressure, which has been spiking.....otherwise, I would consider trying some Salt/C.....funnily enough the Lymestrategies site was one of the first I became a member of when i was finally diagnosed.

I have a reasonable amount of Himalayan salt on my food. How much Salt/C do you take?

GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've read the bra irritation is a fungus/yeast/mycotoxin thing. As could be the bloating.

I read the post in here, "The salt/C and the parasites keep pouring out of me."

Yes, me too.

I stopped when I started a bunch of new prescription meds. Partly as I was worried about the new meds, partly because I could not believe the amount of 'things' constantly, for three months, non stop in the toilet.

Gael brought to my attention that doxy kills larvae filarials, so I am back onto salt/C today to get the parent filarials.

Yuck.

They're tenacious devils.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

I understand (blood pressure).

Mine spikes sometimes too but sometimes it spikes even though I haven't taken any salt/c. I think in my case it's a POTS issue. Sometimes I take salt/c and it actually goes down.

I take anywhere from 1 to 4gms of each (salt and c) depending on if I'm on meds, and/or how many meds I'm on. The more stuff I'm on, the less I take (too much for the kidneys).

--------------------

GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UKcarry-I started to feel results with 1/2 tsp sea salt and 1/2 tsp of buffered vitamin C.

I really saw results (yuck!) at 1 tsp of each, daily

I made it into a sports drink and sipped it throughout the day. (Squirt of lime juice and some stevia drops)

Drank coconut water, and filtered plain water in between.

I made it up to 2 tsp of each, but really, I think I could have even stayed at 1 tsp of each as I saw things in the toilet at that dose.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Member # 18147

Thanks, Catgirl and GretaM. If I can keep the bp down, I may start a low dose.......i had a 24 hour bp cuff only a couple of week ago, so need to build up confidence again first!

Re bra discomfort, I have had it, to varying degrees, for a few years now, but it is particularly bad at the moment. Funnily enough, I didn't notice it as much when I was on antibiotics a few years ago, so maybe it isn't a yeast thing with me.......i do get some yeast issues, though .The HannaK wormwood seems to help yeast.

Tomorrow I will be moving on to Hanna K's Rascal (keeping the cloves)...... Does anyone else have experience of Rascal?

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Greta, that makes sense (fungus/yeast/mycotoxins).

That's amazing how many parasites you are eliminating (right on)! Most people don't even know they have them.

--------------------

GretaM
Member # 40917

Well, if I ate grains or twiggy things, I would assume they were undigested food bits, but I don't as I do not digest grains, seeds or legumes well.

So...

Yuck.

UK-Haven't tried Rascal-but I love Hanna K products. Looking forward to reading about your experience with Rascal. [Smile]

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Ukcarry, I've taken rascal and wormwood at the same time before (no issues), then binders in between to catch the toxins from the die off.

--------------------

Catgirl
Member # 31149

I know it's gross, but out is better than in.

--------------------

ukcarry
Member # 18147

When I have given the wormwood a little break, I intend to combine the two as well, Catgirl, then perhaps do two weeks of Dr Clark's oil of oregano, as I haven't touched that for a while.
glm1111
Member # 16556

About the bra discomfort. I have literally had parasites exit from both breasts in the form of scabs. This didn't happen until several yrs into the herbs and salt/c. I did have rashes come out from under my breasts first.

These parasites are insidious and have invaded all of the organs, brain, tissue and cns. That's why it is important to STAY on antiparasitics for a long time and do maintenance as Hulda Clark says FOREVER!.

Some of these parasites (roundworms) lay 200,000 eggs a day. If just one egg is left, the cycle will start all over again.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

ukcarry
Member # 18147

That's interesting, Gael. I was wondering about parasites with this symptom.

I used to get a lot of scabs under the scalp at the back of my head, but no longer. Now I keep getting scabs amongst the eczema patches across the top of my back. They bleed briefly, scab over, occasionally disappear, then reappear. Unfortunately, it's a hard area to examine closely yourself.

Catgirl
Member # 31149

quote:
Originally posted by glm1111:
About the bra discomfort. I have literally had parasites exit from both breasts in the form of scabs. This didn't happen until several yrs into the herbs and salt/c. I did have rashes come out from under my breasts first.

These parasites are insidious and have invaded all of the organs, brain, tissue and cns. That's why it is important to STAY on antiparasitics for a long time and do maintenance as Hulda Clark says FOREVER!. Gael

Wow, Gael, you made my jaw drop! it blows my mind what these things can do (thank you for posting this)! It is truly inspiring to me when you tell us that this didn't happen to you until several years into salt/c and herbs! [Smile]

I'm sure it's too hard to for conventional medicine to fathom though. They are stuck on the evidence based medicine model (behind reality). It works for insurance companies, not most patients.

--------------------

glm1111
Member # 16556

Your Welcome Catgirl!

I am going to one up myself and tell you that I had three (3) decent sized fierce looking scabs emerge several mos ago where my boyfriend pulled a fully engorged tick off my arm in the late 70's. This is seven yrs after taking the herbs and salt/c everyday!. I was shocked to say the least!

It appears that the onion theory as in healing Lyme is like peeling all the layers of the infection back to it's origin is true.

Stay positive everyone and be persistent even when it gets a little rough. It will be worth it.

Hope this info helps with some insight for everyone.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

ukcarry
Member # 18147

Goodness, Gael: that must have been a weird experience!

Did the boyfriend get ill from pulling the tick off you?

glm1111
Member # 16556

He was bitten as bad as I was daily. He had a cabin in the woods, and back then no one knew about Lyme. I am sure he was infected at some point. He was always picking engorged ticks off of the dog. Nicest relationship and boyfriend I ever had, but turned out to be the deadliest.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

dmarie725
Member # 43094

Hi guys...my MetaMetrix stool test for parasites came back negative. It's really discouraging because I was hoping for a for sure answer as to what's wrong. My doctor said we can still treat empirically. What do you think the chances are of parasites still being the issue even with these negative results? [Frown]
jlcd1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlcd1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I restarted the salt/C a few weeks ago, saw them exiting and then did a stool test. I put a worm in the container and it still came back negative.

I was so surprised. And it was very discouraging. But i can see them, almost everyday. So that is my encouragement now.

Posts: 908 | From Albany | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  29  30  31   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement