LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Muscle tone

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Muscle tone
iluvrain
Member # 40055

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iluvrain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How commom is loss of muscle tone in lyme patients?
Posts: 66 | From Memphis | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a question for the board called
Medical Questions.
Go to the pull down menu at lower right.
Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Winni
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36772

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Winni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have lost all muscle tone. Outside of not feeling well. I dont look well. I am so sad, I worked hard to look good previously and I think for my age, I looked pretty darn good. Worked out with a body builder friend and tons of cardio...

As I first started to get some indications of being ill (4 yrs prior to Lyme diagnosis)I noticed that I did not progress like i thought i should and could never hold onto the muscle tone, it would literally be gone in a matter of a couple of weeks.

Now I have nothing.. Jello and weakness. This makes me very sad. I can barely carry groceries without hurting so bad 2 days later.. Just like i did a full hour of weights. UGHHH.

Sorry to rant, just a very sensitive topic for me.

--------------------
Winni

Posts: 150 | From Nebraska | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kat1777
Member # 39231

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kat1777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD says that muscle wasting (and pain) are symptoms of Babesiosis. Since I don't have those symptoms (or a few other major ones like night sweats), he doesn't think I have Babs.
Posts: 90 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Winni
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36772

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Winni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have Babs and Protomyxzoa Rheumatica. Makes sense.

--------------------
Winni

Posts: 150 | From Nebraska | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gmb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've also lost considerable muscle mass, and babs is my biggest problem.

I would do more weight training and Pilates routines to help rebuild my arms, but have had a PICC for 14 months that prevents repetitive lifting.

Hopefully the PICC will be gone real soon. Treatment fatigue is taking its toll.

gmb

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
koo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30462

Icon 1 posted      Profile for koo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Winni, you sound exactly like I was. I ran, worked out 7 days a week, in awesome shape especially for my age. Then poof.

I honestly think it is due to the adrenal issues. I also barely had any human growth hormone. Not enough cortisol + no HGH = muscle wasting.

Treating the lyme has slowly improved this issue.

I have to share something funny and laugh though. I have a FB photo from my daughter's wedding. My hair and makeup was professionally done so I looked pretty good. The photo was before I got into my formal dress and I was just wearing a sleeveless sundress. My arms look SO thin, I really notice the muscle wasting, my face and neck look thin. All the comments were "you look awesome". Too bad it wasn't a healthy thin.

Posts: 478 | From Third Coast | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Winni
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36772

Koo, yes we are sharing exactly he same issue. I used to be able to push my work outs to achieve muscle mass (more tone) today I am lucky to walk on a treadmill! Hang in there, we will show em' [Smile]

--------------------
Winni

tdtid
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since I was totally bedridden for 9 months of treatment, I had serious muscle wasting. Mine wasn't due to lyme as much as I didn't have the activity in my legs while unable to walk.

I did do a special kind of physical therapy with a naturopathic PT person and after about a year, I did have all my muscle back, but it can get pretty crazy.

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluelyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What was your treatment of babs?

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1538 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread is over 2 1/2 years old.
Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nomoremuscles
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nomoremuscles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've lost tone and muscle mass. It came much later in my illness. It does not seem to be from Lyme and co's, but rather from my gut being messed up. But who can be sure. At this point, I think most of these immune reactions are gi related.
Posts: 844 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement