LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Coffee Enemas (everything you need to know)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Coffee Enemas (everything you need to know)
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They remove toxins in the body like a glutathione push does.

http://www.raw-wisdom.com/coffee-enemas

http://www.drfranklipman.com/coffee-enemas-not-such-a-crazy-idea/

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/02/a-brief-history-of-coffee-enemas/273076/

http://www.drlwilson.com/articles/COFFEE%20ENEMA.HTM

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/florida-couple-addicted-coffee-enemas/story?id=18433235

[ 07-08-2014, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: Catgirl ]

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They're awesome!

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, helped me tons! And cheaper than glutathione, too!! I drank whey protein twice a day to be sure I had enough raw ingredients for my body to make the glutathione the coffee enemas encouraged.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too will ditto that coffee enemas helped me a lot. It's suppose to detox the liver.

I also was doing colonix when I was too toxic to cope since I had a horrid time detoxing. But yes, it's a great way to remove the crap out of your system in more ways than one.

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daphnesmom1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39433

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daphnesmom1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can someone please explain how you make an coffee enema? I am so afraid to put coffee up my rear end, but I keep hearing these great things. I need more information!

Thanks.

--------------------
"Yeah, I miss me too."

Posts: 234 | From NY originally registered in 2008 | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daphnesmom1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39433

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daphnesmom1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh nevermind, I didn't see the links posted. Sorry

--------------------
"Yeah, I miss me too."

Posts: 234 | From NY originally registered in 2008 | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for posting these. I was just going to inbox you regarding this. Thanks!
Posts: 631 | From the south | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnny_broadway
Member # 14854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnny_broadway   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ugh, just started coffee enema's every day and I feel horrible. The first night I had a couple of dreams (I usually don't dream). Now, severe brain fog... I have a feeling my body just doesn't detox well.
Posts: 30 | From Las Vegas | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Sorry to hear that Johnny. You may have an electrolyte or mineral imbalance. Most lyme patients are low on minerals (KPU). Have you tried castor oil packs to detox?

--------------------

Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Johnny - back off, the restart again slowly. I had no issues whatsoever, but we are all different. Maybe in your case too much of a good thing is too much.

Are you taking good binders to help capture the toxins that are circulating?

Like Catgirl says, definitely stay on top of your electrolytes. And take in extra fluids also.

Feel better.

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a fantastic thread. Up for those who are on the fence about coffee enemas.
Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
opus2828
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15407

Icon 1 posted      Profile for opus2828     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you do them if you have amalgam fillings? And can you use decaf?
Posts: 581 | From CT | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Greta, :)

Opus, yes, you can do them even if you have amalgams. I think one or more of the links above talks about why people shouldn't use decaf (can't remember).

--------------------

lymeboy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
will coffee enemas draw out heavy metals like Glutathione?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Coffee enemas dump glutathione into the liver which then cleans toxins out out of the body (die off, etc). By themselves, I don't think coffee enemas pull heavy metals out (binders will though).

--------------------

Messa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Messa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you do coffee enemas if you don't have a gallbladder? And should they be used a carets in time frame apart from meds/abx?
I read in the first link that you should do them after bowel movement.

Posts: 415 | From USA | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Messa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Messa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you do coffee enemas if you don't have a gallbladder? And should they be used a carets in time frame apart from meds/abx?
I read in the first link that you should do them after bowel movement.

Posts: 415 | From USA | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

I think you can still do them (found this link re Gerson therapy). You may want to reduce the coffee a little.

http://curezone.com/forums/am.asp?i=1554322

I do them 2 hrs from meds, sometimes 3. Yes, it is nice to do them after a bowel movement, but if you recently took meds, I wouldn't do them until later.

[ 09-04-2013, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: Catgirl ]

--------------------

Catgirl
Member # 31149

http://www.butterbelle.ca/nutritional-balancing/im-addicted-to-coffee-and-no-i-dont-drink-it/

http://www.mygutsy.com/the-ultimate-liver-detox-coffee-enemas/

--------------------

Messa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38065

What kind of water? Can I use tap water that has been filtered?
Messa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38065

Also exactly how do you guys clean the bag and hose? I've read that people are using peroxide.
birdie67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for birdie67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLND told me to use distilled water
Posts: 486 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up for Ellen.
Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Did a salt water enema. Then followed with a coffee enema as per the instructions in raw wisdom.

Wow! And Yuck!

But I got a strange headache immediately after the enema.

Any suggestions as to why, or what to do to avoid a strange headache afterwards?

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Maybe you were dehydrated from the salt and/or you killed some stuff. Try doing just coffee (I always feel better afterward).

I also make sure I'm hydrated when I do them or my body absorbs some or all of the second enema.

--------------------

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Bump.

--------------------

droid1226
Member # 34930

Icon 1 posted      Profile for droid1226     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
coffee enemas have been the single most important factor in me being functional again. i can't stress it enough. it took doing them for a few months every day for me to realize the benefits.

my dr did an amino acid/glut activity test and the it showed 5 x's the amount of glutathione activity in my liver than when i was paying 250/wk for glut pushes and i was on 2000 mg which is a huge dose.

these should be done daily. people don't because they already have diarrhea, are afraid of the caffeine intake(doesn't affect you like drinking it), or just think it's gross. it's not. it works great.

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/droid1226/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Posts: 1181 | From ohio | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Droid, really great to hear that about glutathione- I've been wanting to purchase Pure Encapsulations new lipo glut in pill form,

but it's $$ with cold shipping. I've been doing daily coffee enemas now for a week, cannot believe the 'gut clearing'

I thought I did a good job of that with Oxy powder and glycine enemas over treatment, but, not so! The coffee enemas are quite revealing.

I would like to think my glutathione is being raised- thanks for posting your results.

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

http://gerson.org/pdfs/How_Coffee_Enemas_Work.pdf

--------------------

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Bump.

--------------------

dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for bumping this thread, catgirl. I would like to follow.
Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

You're welcome!

Just want to say that for anyone who has tried coffee enemas and the 3 tablespoons didn't work for them (detox issue?) they may want to try a weaker strength. I tried just 1 tablespoon of coffee and still felt good.

--------------------

lymenotlite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymenotlite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do people use dark roast, light roast, or medium roast? Apparently light roast has the most caffeine but I don't know whether that matters.

There is now cold coffee but I doubt that that pertains.

Posts: 705 | From WA state | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

I've used all three but couldn't really see that much of a difference between them. That said, I usually buy the organic light roast.

--------------------

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Bump (I'd be lost without these).

--------------------

Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NO, NO, NO!!!

It made someone I personally know with lyme MUCH WORSE.

She was not this lady mentioned in the link below, but for those considering trying a coffee enema, please read:

http://tinyurl.com/q4f2n2h

Mind-gut connection = caffeine releases acetylcholine - alpha brain waves (which is why it helps us to wake up when we drink coffee in the morning).

This takes the cake!

http://tinyurl.com/d4h7j5q

Increase alpha brain waves with this instead:

http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Factors-Stress-Relax-Suntheanine-Chewable/dp/B000OEPAH0/ref=pd_sim_121_4?ie=UTF8&dpID=41VXqxXrQXL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR93%2C160_&refRID=1SSRDJ F9JXQKRVM482X7

Chew 2 tablets - does not taste bad. Works fast.

Multiple benefits include gamma-delta T cell help, reducing amyloid beta, etc.

I'm not kidding.

[ 11-08-2015, 07:40 AM: Message edited by: Marnie ]

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Sorry to hear about your friend Marnie. We are all different. For me they are awesome, kind of like Droid's experience above. Dr. K recommends them for parasites too.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement