LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Week 5 treating KPU - Need Encouragement

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Week 5 treating KPU - Need Encouragement
DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaveNJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
always looking for a guidepost....so week 5 treating KPU with Core and i can't beleive how miserable i feel. My body aches, both legs have charlie horses despite magnesium, wicked head pressure and major fatigue.

anyone have a clue when it gets better? the detox baths and coffee enemas help but neither has alasting effect. i am struggling to get through the work day...there have beena few moments where it has lifted but that does not last.

i knew this was going to be tough and as a symptom this is not the worst but after close to three weeks straight of it i am getting worn down.

Dave

--------------------
On my journey to wellness - One day at a time.

Posts: 989 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane2904
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane2904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Dave,

Sorry you are feeling so miserable. Not sure how many Core you are taking? Perhaps reducing the dose might help.

Do you take the binder that is recommended? I think it is Microsilica(sp)?

Hope ones with experience will come along.

I wish I knew something that would help you. I have been watching your posts as our daughter needs to address KPU.

Hope you get over the hump soon.

Posts: 1357 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Dave,

I would definitely back off. No need to try to push thru if it is wiping you out this much. (Think of it as a marathon, not a sprint.)

The encouraging news is that you can see something is happening. You are replacing all the necessary minerals that have been lacking for a long time. But pull back so you don't tire yourself out too much.

Also, don't forget this time of year is a challenge to all of our bodies. I have been particularly exhausted.

Hang in there. You are on a good path.

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sillia
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sillia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had to stop this protocol, as I was getting severe symptoms that seemed like they could be toxic metals. In other words, it was working but I couldn't handle the process. (A few months later I temporarily added the zinc back in, and developed the symptoms again, so I'm sure it was connected.)

I'm taking abx ongoing, and really if you look at Dr. K's procedures he's not giving this treatment to people at the same time as antimicrobials (at least that's how I understand what I've read). In other words, he treats the KPU before the lyme. Doing both at the same time is just too much.

I looked at my multi-mineral and saw that there is a little zinc in it. That may help over the long term. So for now I will proceed very very slowly on anything that may jostle loose more metals. I'm thinking of that as a 10-year process or longer.

If you want to continue I'd try cutting the zinc in half to start with. Or more. Your symptoms do sound like metals overload. You are doing the right things to counteract this, but if you're still suffering you have to back off.

Posts: 261 | From Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, Dr. K does treat KPU often at the same time as giving antimicrobials. This all depends on individualized testing, of course.

Since these mineral deficiences take years to treat, there does need to be overlap where infections are treated simultaneously.

I am currently on Core as well as his famous Lyme Cocktail.

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anuta
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22646

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anuta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How many pills are you taking? I believe that someone is doing energetic tests for you, But the quantity of pills suggested by energetic tests is not always the quantity that your body can easily tolerate. so start slow.

I had to back off in the beginning from 4 to 3 pills , then stayed on 3 for 3 weeks, and then continued to increase since my energetic tests were saying I have to take 7. After that everything went very well, I actually felt better than ever. Binders are MUST!
I was taking DE. chlorella and all kinds of homeo detox.

I would back 0ff a little until you tolerate well, stay on this dose for a while and then increase.

Posts: 443 | From Montreal, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, wasnt aware that KPU treatment could make someone feel like this. Are you sure it isn't infection related? I always wondered how everyone evaluates this. I tend to think everything is infection.
Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimmie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimmie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My experience with treating KPU is very much the same. When I was only taking 2 a day at week 6, I thought I was relapsing. I started having myoclonus again and severe pains. I took a couple days off for detox then resumed. the process took a few weeks to work through but now I take 4 a day with minimal side effects....just a stronger immune system.

Treating KPU is a no pain no gain kind of therapy.

Hang in there!

Posts: 747 | From Utah | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaveNJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks everyone for the input. i amd taking chlorella twice a day as we all as Byron white detox 2 times a day. and yes i am energetically testing. i was on 2 pills for 4 weeks and 4 for the past week.

i am going to double up my detox over the weekend and then decide what to do next...i have been sick for so long i just want to power through..

its really is amazing that i am going to work everyday...not thye give out medals but an normal person would be in bed. but i refuse to give in.

Dave

--------------------

Posts: 989 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave , this may have nothing to do with the issue but chlorella makes me EXREMELY ILL . I have tried it several times and do not know why , possibly an allergy . I even tried taking a tiny bit and ramping up . I read some people can not tolerate it - do not know why . I almost feel like have been eating or breathing toxic mold when I take it .

Because of the benefits, I wish I could.

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

I cannot tolerate chlorella because it contains sulfur. I have issues processing sulfur (methylation issues).
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kimmie -- you had similar symptoms to disease with treating KPU? that is fascinating....I would think I was relapsing too, but you weren't?

Is the end goal of KPU a stronger immune system?

Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

tested for the sulphur thing and i'm fine...taken chlorella in the past no issue. This is all metals ...i have no doubt.

just another saturday on the couch...been to the sauna, empson salt bath...now just going to chill.

Dave

--------------------

kimmie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimmie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CD57, I think based on my research the goal of KPU treatment is to open detox pathways and improve the immune system. Once the immune system kicks in its not pleasant. I had to stick through treating and believe I was not relapsing....I was using photons and treating KPU and I kept telling myself I would pull through and I did thankfully.
Posts: 747 | From Utah | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do you know metals are a problem?

I am curious. I had tests for metals and the tests showed no problems. What kind of test did you have ?

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

all of my testing in energetic testing using Autonomic Response Testing.

--------------------

GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CORE only replaces the missing agents needed to detox. If you have and are holding toxic metals of different kinds you will still need agents that specifically address metals, such as DMPS, DMSA, HMD, Cilantro tincture, or any others that mobilise the metals wherever they are hiding or hanging out. CORE does not do that.

Your doctor should test you for the correct metal detox agents. They vary depending on thet type of metals and locations. CORE removes the obstacle of KPU/HPU and probably the lack of these minerals, etc. caused you to accumulate more toxins as your system became more incapable.

Many people are also allergic to mercury/lead etc. and Allergie Immun is what finally helped many to start Pull up some of my posts on AI - I cannot give you any links because I lost my harddrive and all my backup info - hope and pray not permanently.

It is the most important work you are going to do, because with a body still loaded with metals
healing is not happening.

Make certain that you address parasites because they are the keepers of metals and doing similar damage = Dr. K. calls them for that reason "the knights in shining armor".

All has to be done together because all take up housekeeping together = microorganisms, parasites, metals and other toxins. That is where ART shines because it enables your doctor to put a number of agents together into one program.

We seem to forget that everything in the body is connected, and if you kill a parasite you have to have the correct agents on board to deal with the toxins the parasite held before some of its remains are digested again by us. If we don't, we simply create more chaos.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

Gigi,

thanks...i'm all over this. many of the above supplies came on Friday and i will be starting in about 2 weeks. Firts amalgams come out...only 7 so not so bad.

i did some major detoxing this weekend so i'm sane right now.

i'm sure i will have some more rants as i move forward.

Dave

--------------------

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Dave, KPU is tough. No question. First I went through detox. Then I went through retracing of viruses. I thought to myself many times, "Why get better from Lyme if all the retracing and detox is going to keep me sick?"

It's worth it. The body works hard to achieve health and sometimes it feels like you're going backwards. Reading about "retracing" and "healing crisis" helped me through those times. It helped me to understand what was happening in my body.

I'm allergic to chlorella, but that showed up on ART testing.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

Six,

always good to hear from you....the one thing i cant seen to pin down is roughly how long this will last. That would be my only compliant with the protocal is that its somewhat new and ist really hard to find info about what others experience.

on the flip side i worked real hard on detxoing all weekend annd i feel a lot better today.

Dave

--------------------

Igor's mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Igor's mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had many of the same experiences that everyone else reports. I started detoxing with chlorella, then started Core, had major reactions, had ot back off, and now finally on four a day, with minimal effects. In the meanwhile most of my symptoms and infections according to ART testing have come back with a big resurgence in parasites. I tested badly to chlorella and now taking a pectin based binder. I aslo tested well for green clay and trying to find one as a binder that I can take internally. So far only found one to use washing my face. I use my photons for killing and also frequently use a plain and sometimes infared sauna. Try backing off occassionally to detox. Not sure its good for your body to "power" through all the time. Sometimes the body needs to reset itself, rest, recuperate. I think if you listen to your body it will tell you what it needs.

--------------------
Igenenex + IGM 18, 23-25, 31, 41, 66, FL 1953, bart, babs, erlich, c diff. Dox 10/10,11/10-5/11 Mino, Buluoke,plaq (2/10) zith (3/11-5/11), Paragone, Flagyl, Ivermectin, Paromomycin, Ceftin, Nystatin(4/11) mepron (4/11-)BW A-L , A-Bart, A-Bab.

Posts: 254 | From Virginia | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DaveNJ:
Six,

always good to hear from you....the one thing i cant seen to pin down is roughly how long this will last. That would be my only compliant with the protocal is that its somewhat new and ist really hard to find info about what others experience.

on the flip side i worked real hard on detxoing all weekend annd i feel a lot better today.

Dave

I'm glad to hear you're feeling a bit better.

I think part of the problem is that it will be different for each person dependent on the level of toxins and how much the immune has to fight once the toxins are cleared out.

And with today's environment/food/etc. we're never really done detoxing, unfortunately.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement