LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter




The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive


The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » praziquantel (biltricide) question

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: praziquantel (biltricide) question
treeinatree
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38613

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treeinatree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am suspecting parasites in the liver/GB and wanted to try a nonherbal med. Got praziquantel, but didn't notice the total amount was far less than a usual human dose. It looks like the usual dose of praz/biltricide is at least 1250 mg for an adult. I took 70 mg in a first dose and there is 105 mg remaining. Not sure if I should go out of my way to get more tomorrow, or if this is a blessing in disguise to go slow.

Has anyone had results from a low dose?

tree

Posts: 146 | From South | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sillia
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sillia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I first tried Biltricide I took a quarter of a tablet, which was 150 mg. The next day I saw evidence of success, and I didn't notice any side effects, so I increased my daily dose to 300 mg. Yes, this would be considered a small dose. I did this for 10 days, then I switched to other meds.

I plan on doing another cycle of it, increasing the dose slightly, say to 600mg once a day, unless I get side effects or bad herxing. I thought this med was very beneficial--it seemed to bring out parasites I hadn't seen with other anti-parasiticals.

The worst herxes I have ever had were from anti-parasite meds, so I have learned to start SLOW, and not to push it too hard. If you're seeing results, that's good, keep it up. If you stop seeing results, maybe increase or change the med.

The PDR recommended dosages are not intended for treating lyme patients! They are usually much too high, at least initially.

Posts: 261 | From Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treeinatree
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38613

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treeinatree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks! I'm pretty sure 175 was slightly too small a dose for me, but nothing wrong with a slow start. And a double-check for results before proceeding. [Smile]
Posts: 146 | From South | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you just tickle the parasites, they will retreat and hide where it is much tougher to reach them afterward.

It is also not beneficial to start treating parasites and discontinue too early.

They are very smart and do anything to survive.

Energetic testing to determine the right agent is most helpful.

Some of the effects of treating parasites results in release of toxic metals and one has to prepare for that with binders to avoid redistribution.

It is not the dead parasites that give us a problem, but the toxin that they put into our system when they are expiring. Binders and colonics, several in a row, are very important.

Parasites in our body will never let us get well, especially if there are too many of them.

It is important to learn everything one can before treatment. Dead parsite corpses in our body are not a good thing. Enemas, colonics, binders, again and again.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treeinatree
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38613

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treeinatree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How quickly would one see the results of the metals they carry? I experienced foot and leg numbness soon after taking the first dose. It is a familiar recurring symptom for me but was unusually strong. I don't know if it was a sensitivity to pesticides, something the parasites released, or unrelated.
Posts: 146 | From South | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tree, the heavy metals usually move into the lower body portions, lower jaw, reproductive area, and feet - because they are heavier than water and spcific weight.

Parasites are known to harbor the toxic metals in their coats and as they die, the metals are also released, but still in the system until the clear out with binders, etc.

That is exactly what happened to me and only after I did serious metal detox and more parasite cleanse with MMS did the swelling of my calves, ankles, etc. go back; the numbness is receding and I can walk without pain again.

Please do not wait that long. Read some of my posts and of course everyone else's talking about parasites and toxic metals.

Best to you.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
   

Quick Reply
Message:

HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins
   


Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:


Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3


The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations. If you would like to support the Network and the LymeNet system of Web services, please send your donations to:

The Lyme Disease Network of New Jersey
907 Pebble Creek Court, Pennington, NJ 08534 USA


| Flash Discussion | Support Groups | On-Line Library
Legal Resources | Medical Abstracts | Newsletter | Books
Pictures | Site Search | Links | Help/Questions
About LymeNet | Contact Us

© 1993-2020 The Lyme Disease Network of New Jersey, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Use of the LymeNet Site is subject to Terms and Conditions.