LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Is this Babesia?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is this Babesia?
Rivendell
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rivendell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been treating Lyme and Bart, using herbal tinctures along with Zithromax.

My LLMD wanted me to stop the Zithromax to see how I do.

Now I am so weak and fatigued, brain fog worse. Can't hardly get out of bed until later in the afternoon when I sometimes start to feel a little better. Sleeping is worse.

But this is what makes me think Babs is involved.

I'm feeling tipsy, weak, having trouble getting my balance, even when my blood pressure is in the noraml range. Also I've had a little nausea.

But not really night sweats or chills.

My tests for anemia have always been normal, but haven't been tested lately.

Can you have Babs and still have a normal red blood cell count, and no night sweats?

The tippy stuff was going on even while on Zithromax, its just gotten worse. (I had forgotten to mention this to the LLMD.)

Anyway, those who have had Babs, does this sound familiar, or must the sweats and anemia be present?

(I should say we have been relying a lot on tinctures because of the acid reflux I have been getting from antibiotics.)

Posts: 1358 | From Midwest | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xrunnerx2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39306

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xrunnerx2012     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have Babesia Duncai. I don't have night sweats, however, at night it has to be cold for me to fall asleep (I've always been like that).
Posts: 251 | From Baltimore | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband is treating babesia. He has no night sweats.

He does have the tipsy feelings & FATIGUE, nausea.

Posts: 2252 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rivendell
Member # 19922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rivendell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks xrunner and MannaMe

And I guess when they say it is like peeling an onion, they (experts) mean that as you treat one infection, then the others that have been submerged come to the surface?

Posts: 1358 | From Midwest | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jupiter76
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 37697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jupiter76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Rivendell,

I fehlt like you do 4 years ago. Azithromycin didn't do much. I started with clarithromycin which gave me signifikant herx reactions. Best for the brain was flagyl i.v. But this kann hiev you heavy headaches if you Hit something. I also have Good experiences with the pure tetracycline, not doxy.

Now i felt improvement with praziquantel. Still not well.

[ 05-22-2013, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: jupiter76 ]

Posts: 185 | From Germany | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rivendell
Member # 19922

Thanks jupiter

Anyone else with Babesia feel terrible all morning and early afternoon, then improve and come back to the living in the late afternoon and evening?

All the symptoms I mentioned hit me early and then diminish in late afternoon and evening.

Don't go away, but improve - sometimes greatly improve.

That is what is confusing me so much.

(I am making sure I eat enough protein because I am hypoglycemic, check my blood pressure which isn't low - unless I stand too, too long- so don't understand why morning and early afternoon?)

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rivendell, that sounds like adrenal fatigue to me...

My husband usually feels worse mornings and evenings, with the middle part of the day feeling better.

He is taking his herbals to treat babs at breakfast & supper. So that could be why he feels worse then.

Posts: 2252 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RC1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31923

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RC1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking Adrenal fatigue too. They have a saliva cortisol test, that is the most accurate way to test. I had low DHEA, I started supplementing...big difference.
Posts: 845 | From Northeast | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Babesia microti causes the drenching sweats. Babesia duncani usually does not, but you can get hot flashes.

How are you sleeping? If you want to oversleep, that sounds like babesia. If you have insomnia, it sounds more like protomxzoa, which also causes vertigo and ataxia.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rivendell
Member # 19922

I've wondered about adrenal fatigue too!

I've been drinking green tea, which I decafinate myself per Dr. Weil's technique, but was thinking maybe some caffeine was still getting through and beating up my adrenal gland, so I am going to try decafinated green tea that you buy in a store to see if that is better.

Can't do without the green tea, though, or I feel much worse. Coffee doesn't help me. It is something in the green tea.

But, I'm still tipsy in the afternoon, so not sure adrenal fatigue would do that.

Maybe it is both Babesia and adrenal fatigue.

As far as sleep. Sometimes I don'tsleep well and other times, I need to sleep a lot.

Thanks

Rivendell
Member # 19922

Also, I get fatigue after exertion, any kind of exertion (mental, emotion, and physical), but the worst is after exercise.

Physical exertion really makes me sick, and it can take days or weeks to recover.

I had the diagnosis of CFS for years, and this symptom was known as Post-Exertional Malaise, which was and still is a mystery to CFS.

I have been hoping Lyme and Cos are behind it, but just can't seem to make it go away.

I tried DHEA years ago (I've been sick a long time) and it didn't help, but maybe it would now. My body has been through menopause.

munchin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38744

Icon 1 posted      Profile for munchin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have babesia. I am sick all day but late evening I feel much better too.
Posts: 137 | From New england | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kern33
Member # 36267

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kern33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have experienced it many times, started feeling bad in the morning or at lunchtime, throughout the day, being almost ok again by nighttime. 99% sure that it is babesia.
Posts: 78 | From Germany | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rivendell
Member # 19922

mumchin and Kern33 thanks so much.

Your similar experience with babs helps me realize I might be on the right track.

Are your treatments helping? I sure hope so.

I have an appointment ina couple of weeks with the LLMD and hopefully we can explore Babs.

Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rivendell, we are all different, so babs for one person is different for someone else. Some people don't even get the sweats. Anemia, I'm not sure. Perhaps your issue is parasites and/or babs or protomyxzoa related.

Balance issues were babs on me, and my brain fog was from babs or protomyxzoa (maybe they're cousins). I had more symptoms than this but none of them really improved much on babs meds/herbs alone.

As soon as I started treating for parasites though, my babs/protomyxzoa got better. I think Dr. K has it right, people should be focusing on parasites (and heavy metals) right from the start. IMO, these are keeping patients from making progress.

Don't count on a test to prove you have them. Tests for parasites are incredibly inaccurate. Check out symptoms on Humaworm's website.

You can easily test yourself for protomyxzoa by eliminating arginine (meat) and fats from your diet for a few weeks. Check out info on Dr. F.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kern33
Member # 36267

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kern33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
rivendell, I feel my treatment (mepron/zith) helps. I think if you have had it for a long time it may be tough for the first 4 months or so. Nevertheless it is really a tough road for me, I am 5 months into treatment now. Would love to find something that could relieve me when babesia flares (I just had 16 symptom free days but now feel worse again).

P.s. I have had pretty clear babesia symptoms (air hunger, jaundice, rage, typical flare-cycles (3-7 days). I also had a regular occuring strange tingling in the belly area where the spleen is located (lower left side), this is actually the only symptom that is gone totally, other symptoms have reoccured.

Since treating babs, I am normally experiencing the tingling sensations in legs, chest, upper arms and back when I flare. It feels as if it is in the tissues, not in nerves or muscles-sorry for writing so much [Wink] .

Posts: 78 | From Germany | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rivendell
Member # 19922

Did the mepron cause depression? I am really afraid of that.

I will probably be taking herbal tinctures along with zithromax, because I have such problems with acid reflux when taking antibiotics.

Also the herbs for parasites cause a relux that is horrible.

The beyond balance herbs are alcohol free, which helps a lot, but still cause problems.

I may be resorting to a Rife machine before it is over.

Thank you both Kern and Cargirl, and hope the Babs and parasites go away for good. Hope the tingling stops.

Oh, one of the tincures I take has some parasidal herbs, which I water down a lot before swallowing to prevent reflux.

munchin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38744

Icon 1 posted      Profile for munchin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aside from the taste I have not had any trouble at all taking mepron.
Posts: 137 | From New england | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only feel ok at night, too. However, my cortisol is too high, so in my case, it's not Adrenal fatigue.

I know what you mean about the Post-exertional malaise. I wish the Lyme and CFS Drs would all work together.

My husband had Babesia duncani and didn't have night sweats. He had a dry cough that only went away with Babesia treatment.

I couldn't tolerate Mepron. I only got worse and worse, so my LLMD doesn't think I have Babesia.

Who really knows what on Earth we have. This is all so confusing.

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xrunnerx2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39306

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xrunnerx2012     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do any of you who have Babesia have chronic head pressure that comes and goes??
Posts: 251 | From Baltimore | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ctone
Member # 38779

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ctone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can Babesia cause tinnitus?
Posts: 40 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kern33
Member # 36267

hi runner and ctone,
I do have head pressure but only occasionally, must add that I have never been a vulnerable person to headaches n stuff.

I have tinitus when babesia flares, but it normally only lasts for few seconds but it def. happens.

Rivendell
Member # 19922

Thanks all,

Lax Mom, when I was tested, my cortisone was too high also, but that was many years ago.

I've started adding whey protein powder and feel a somewhat better. Some of this might be hypoglycemia, which I have.

But still pretty out of it in the morning and first part of day, (brain fog, weak ) Also a little tipsy. But it is better than it was.

It is probably a lot of things. Also might be the reactivated Epstein Barr that showed up on my test last fall.

All of the different complications make it over-whelming after a while.

Thanks everyone.

Rivendell
Member # 19922

About head pressure, when I first started treating lyme with herbs, while waiting to see LLMD, I had a lot of pressure in my head.

It made my think the spirochetes were ggoing further into my brain to escape the herbs.

But don't really know what was causing the pressure.

I don't have that anymore.

betty1939
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for betty1939     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi xrunnerx2012 -

I have babesia microti, I have had the head pressure since the first few weeks of becoming ill.

I notice that it increases when I am treating for babs, lyme, or bart.

Currently, I am on treatment mostly for babesia and I definitely have a terrible headache with head pressure.

Also, I notice when I am herxing on abx that I get even less sleep despite using melatonin/lunesta.

--------------------
Lyme IGG/IGM positive 12/08
Babesia Microti IGM positive 12/08
Hemobartonella positive 1/11
mycoplasma 6/11

Posts: 162 | From Ohio | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jupiter76
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 37697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jupiter76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone taking Mepron 2x2 spoons without significant herx reaction??
Posts: 185 | From Germany | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigimac
Member # 33353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigimac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i too have babesia d., I get hot flashes but don't usually sweat too bad. The head pressure comes and goes. I also feel a bit better in the afternoon and at night.

RC1 can you tell me or pm me what kind of cortisol test you did and can you do it without a Dr.?

Posts: 1534 | From Greensboro NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement