LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Odd After flu Symptoms

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Odd After flu Symptoms
Silverwolf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi <<<<< Lyme Family >>>>>,

Since I, had the flu,mid May for several weeks, I am now having s sore tongue[I wake up w/ it] with small blisters.

Also my lower back right side below lung area is hurting,and a flare of IC symptoms. I still get an occasional deep cough out of the blue,and tire more easily than before.

I'm wondering if the sore tongue and backache are just part of this flu or??? I'm not real sure what is up. Also some abdominal tenderness/indigestion is happening.

Any tho'ts?

Puzzled Silverwolfi

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jus' me, still trying to get used to time zones.

Please if any have tho'ts/suggestions on after flu symptoms i asked about ? It is puzzling to me. I don't often get a sore tongue, and I wasn't taking antibiotics so not sure if that part could be thrush ???

Thanks for any input !

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering if it could be thrush too. Hope you feel better soon!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Lymetoo >>>>>,

Thanks for the input, As an adult I've never had thrush that I know of, most likely I had it as an infant. I know i have a yeast problem anyway.

If i can't get it to stop.I have a blood test this week,and a Dr.appt. end of the month,I can have them check.

My mother had thrush, after chemo treatments for Wegener's disease/granulomatosis, and a friend of ours used to get it while taking ABX .

Thanks for the 'feel better' wishes, this flu seems to be taking a very long time to subside.

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Silverwolf:

Also my lower back right side below lung area is hurting,and a flare of IC symptoms.

Also some abdominal tenderness/indigestion is happening.

If the back pain is in the right place, it might be kidney pain.

Here's a diagram showing the location of the kidneys.

http://health.rush.edu/HealthInformation/graphics/images/en/10170.jpg

For the abdominal indigestion, make some kefir.

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< CarolinPA >>>>>,

Thanks for the kidney pic' link!!!

That is aprox. where the pain is, just below the pic' arrow. The lung on the rt. bottom lobe is damaged too [botched surgery],so sometimes it is hard to know what is up.

A friend gets kidney stones,and I mentioned that kicked in the back pain feeling I've been having.That's what happens to her. So I am hoping it isn't that.

I've doubled up on my cranberry caps,it is helping a little,but not as quickly as I'd like.

As to the kefir for indigestion,I'll have to do a search,to find how to make it. Store bought is way way to sugary for certain.

Thanks for the tho'ts and the link!!! I greatly appreciate it.

Oh oh, I just had a small bit of watered down half and half in my GF cereal snack, and I don't think the U.T. area likes it ,burning IC issues . Aarrgghhh... well payday I'll be finding an 'Almond milk'.

I should have tho't of that as casein in the dairy is like gluten. Guess I'd better research some more on good supplements and foods for the brain... brain fog brain drain can be seriously disturbing... sigh...

Jus' sighing Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silverwolf, I have had the same thing since having a cold/flu about 2 months ago. A dry cough that comes out of nowhere, and crippling fatigue, tiny blisters on my chest, face and left hand. Interestingly enough, (I pulse Tinidizole, 1 week on, 1 week off), the weeks ON the tinidazole the cough and the blisters go away. Before my Lyme dx, my left side of my body was most affected. (Nerve damage and partial paralysis on the left side of my body from Lyme). I wonder if the blisters are my body's immune reaction to newly released (de-cysted)spirochetes? And it happens to be on my left side and my face because that is where most of the neuro problems are? Anyways, good luck getting better.
Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< GretaM >>>>>,

Sorry to hear you've had this bug too,not fun. Interesting that the Tinidizole seems to help.

There are no LLMD/ND's here near me, so right now I am doing mostly supplements and research to help ease problems.

My worst problems are usually on the rt. side of my body, even most of the tongue blistering,and one on my chin.

Right now, we are fighting an ant infestation here,biting red ant type...that isn't helping things.

Sure hope you get to feeling better soon.Thanks for the tho'ts , and well wishes!

Jus'Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Mini update, well drat ... I tho't my tongue was getting better... it's blistering up again.

Well at least the ice water tastes good...sigh...maybe my tongues knows[oops: tongue knows..does a tongue have a nose...?] I'm having a blood test tomorrow... aw well I'll just keep eating careful,and maybe a bit more bland.

Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Maryinvt2
Member # 37822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maryinvt2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pineapple makes my mouth and tongue tingle. Just a thought. Mary

--------------------
If you could get up the courage to begin, you have the courage to succeed. David Visott ~

Posts: 56 | From VT | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi there <<<<< Maryinvt2 >>>>>,

I suspect that w/ probable thrush, even w/ thinking things were getting better, that I should have skipped the lovely little helping of diced tomatoes w/ garlic and such in them.

TxCoord was trying to find something tasty to go w/ our brown rice and a bit of chicken. It was tasty and pretty as well...but my tender tongue and mouth might not be quite ready for that.

It is a good tho't tho' because the acids in the tomatoes and pineapple could both make mouth/tongue tingle or sting a bit. Thanks for the input!

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

aMomWithHope
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aMomWithHope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silverwolf,

Did you ever find out what was causing this?

I was very ill in mid-January -- most likely the norovirus bug -- and a few days after feeling somewhat on the way to recovery, my tongue felt "weird" -- almost swollen (but not), almost burnt feeling, and tongue was white (but the two doctors I went to quickly dismissed it as NOT being Thrush, though I still believe that is what it is) --

My tongue/mouth are still not feeling quite right, so any thoughts/suggestions would help.

Thanks!

Posts: 648 | From northeast | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< aMomWithHope >>>>>,

Didn't find out anything official, But i do believe it was thrush/yeast. Still have yeast issues and another bout of 'flu' last Sept., and yet again getting over a 'flu, mine was mostly respiratory w/ diarrhea too.

I'd check w/ a pharmacist, if it keeps up, there may be over the counter ant-yeast meds [er..uhm... anti- yeast...arrgh not ant.]

I'm checking on a tip about OTC Diflucan, to see if they happen to have that, next time I am strong enough to go shopping w/ hubby.

One of my friends also got something? Throat pearls? they helped numb tongue and throat a bit. I think that was OTC?

Do watch for any actual swelling of tongue,lips and such. That could be a sign of a serious allergic reaction to some medication,or food.

Hopefully some others may come along w/ better info'.

May the Lord's healing love rest on you! I do hope you are completely over the virus, and soon!

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the OTC Diflucan is only available in Canada. Not sure, but it's VERY pricey. Like $18 a pill!!

There is a probiotic called "Pearls" .. it's not all that great, I don't think. I've heard good things about Align, but it's not cheap either unless you find it on sale.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
delljen
Member # 25090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for delljen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silverwolf you said,

I am now having s sore tongue[I wake up w/ it] with small blisters.
and
Also my lower back right side below lung area is hurting

These things happen to me when my liver is stressed and toxic.

I would get blisters on the tip of my tongue, many of them and they were painful. At first I thought candida/thrush and did everything I could to help treat candida and the blisters still flared up.

They were so painful and annoying that I just googled and researched over and over until I came across someone that said that their tongue blisters were from a stressed liver. They said that they put castor oil packs on top of their liver and with a heating pad over it for a hour a day, four days on and three days off for 3 weeks. By the middle of the second week my blisters went away and did not come back.

However, if I feel any tingling on my tongue or if my tongue starts to hurt I start doing packs again.

This idea helped me. May help you too?? Good luck.

Here is how I made the C.O. packs http://altmedicine.about.com/cs/dietarytherapy/a/CastorOilPack.htm

--------------------
Lyme, Bart, Babs D, FL1953
I am just sharing my thoughts and experiences - I'm not a medical professional.

Posts: 69 | From Midwest | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement