LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Mild Hyperbaric Treatment (Page 12)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 58 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  56  57  58   
Author Topic: Mild Hyperbaric Treatment
Phoiph
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Knowing how well you're doing now compared to the recent past makes my day!

Looking back at the extensive and ridiculous list of doctors I saw, methods I tried, and things I took...all for naught...led to my mottos: "less is more", and "bug chasing leads to tail chasing"...lol...

That's why I want people to never give up...to know that wellness is not as impossible, elusive, and distant as it feels at the time...

Posts: 1880 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peimomma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We need those on a shirt Phoiph. I swear I felt crazy and toxic from supposedly taking supplements that would help...HA!!!

Love my less is more now, leaves me time for all the things I like to do like exercise and going for a hot chocolate and pizza on game day 🏈 with hubs👍😍.

One of my husbands coworkers thought he was 42 as they were talking this week and was very surprised to learn he is 50. We are both looking healthier with every month of treatment. And we haven't been sick a day since starting treatment😁

Posts: 233 | From AZ | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tanya R
Member # 41817

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tanya R     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all. I have stalked the mHBOT board for about 1.5 years. I also have a chamber (Newtowne 31") and concentrator. I am a patient of LYMEMD (Dr. J). I have been diving on an off since October 2013.

I am a chronic Lyme patient who was DX with Lyme, Bart & Babs in 2008, but sick for 15+ years prior. I did orals and herbals from 2008-2014. I did 4 months of IV rocephin, zithromax and flagyl in the spring of 2014. I felt the best I ever have in my entire life, but unfortunately my insurance company wouldn't cover it anymore. I quit all oral antibiotics in July 2014. Tired of taking pills and my stomach couldn't handle it anymore. I slowly declined again, plus I wasn't diving on a regular basis.

My goal is to journal and try to be more consistent. I was pleasantly surprised to see the author of the youtube videos here. I watched them several times to see what I could expect myself. That gave me the idea to journal so I could have a timeline of how I'm feeling.

I do not have a full time job, but operate my own part time photography business and I'm Mom to a 13 and 10 year old.

Anyways, I hope to be more active on this thread to help encourage others to try mHBOT. In May my pain was at an all time high. The type of pain you have when you have a fever. I am just now being more consistent with my dives and the pain is MUCH better. I still have a list of other symptoms which I hope will eventually go away as well.

Right now I'm experiencing a lot of anxiety / fog shortly after doing my 60 minute dive w/ oxygen. I wonder if I am jumping in too quickly. At one point, I was doing 90 minutes. Anyone else experience anxiety after a dive?

Sorry for the ramblings. I'm having a bad brain day at this moment.

--------------------
Hi all, I was diagnosed with Lyme in 2008. Co-infections: Babesia & Bartonella. Currently treating Babs with Infuserve Cryptolepis and Lyme with mHBOT.

Posts: 16 | From VA | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tanya R
Member # 41817

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tanya R     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
joahsark - I have the Newtowne 31" chamber. I highly recommend them and my salesperson was Marie. She is very responsive to questions and I've had a great overall experience. I've had my chamber since 2013 and have had zero issues.

quote:
Originally posted by joahsark:
Hi Everyone, just doing the final research into choosing a chamber for our home. I have reached out to Phoiph and am waiting for her to respond.

Wanted to ask if anyone has any positive or negatives about the Newtown Hyperbaric chambers compared with the Oxyhealth which I know are the top. I have found only one or two reviews on them which are pretty good but want more feedback before deciding to purchase/rent/lease.

We are planning to treat myself and my 14 year old daughter.

EXTREME brain involvement, constant (20 years) pressure and pain as well as all the joint stuff. But really praying for the brain healing. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks so much!!

--------------------
Hi all, I was diagnosed with Lyme in 2008. Co-infections: Babesia & Bartonella. Currently treating Babs with Infuserve Cryptolepis and Lyme with mHBOT.

Posts: 16 | From VA | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
toyswalk
Member # 45981

Icon 1 posted      Profile for toyswalk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, Everyone. Thank you to Peimomma for inviting me to this discussion. I'm very seriously considering mHBOT.

My main physical complaint is limited mobility, so that is also my main purchasing concern. Getting down on the ground (intentionally) would be very awkward for me, getting up off the ground would be taxing and darn near impossible without help. This isn't just a matter of strength, it's also because of how my body is broken and doesn't work.

Does anyone know of links to video showing people getting in and out of portable units? They seem to always be shown on the ground, does it seem reasonable to put unit on a low platform, say chair height? I'm thinking maybe I could sit on the side and get in similar to getting in/out of bed?

What are contradictions for using mHBOT. Did I read something that people with cataracts should not use this therapy?

Thank you and nice to meet y'all!

Posts: 42 | From beautiful Texas Hill Country | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monti
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi and welcome. I do know that one of 3 companies that sell mhbots in the U.S. makes one that you basically can walk into and sit in a chair. I believe Summit to Sea is the company.
Posts: 120 | From Maine | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
toyswalk
Member # 45981

Icon 1 posted      Profile for toyswalk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, Monti. Peimomma sent me a link to one like that. The price of that one scared me! I actually prefer the idea of reclining over sitting and hope that option can work out.

You are still hanging with mHBOT, Monti?

Posts: 42 | From beautiful Texas Hill Country | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monti
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, an hour a day everyday. I've been at that level for 3 months now. I haven't really experienced any improvements yet but 3 months isn't very long for this treatment.

Yeah I looked up that chamber to see the price. Ouch! You can likely find one used for half price. I bought mine used fof about half. Many vendors sell both new and used.

Posts: 120 | From Maine | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peimomma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to ALL!!!

So happy to see new people on the board😊. Journaling every day as tedious as it seems has helped me tremendously. Also doing the videos so I can look back and see how bad it was, you don't have to post yours😁. But I would love it if I had a YouTube buddy....lol.

As Phoiph has said "consistency" is a key to my recovery. Probably if I'd quit vacationing I'd be a bit further along in my recovery. I'm going to double down (Phoiph don't read this) and go away for 3 days Oct 8 to a spa with a friend in CA. I'll be flying this time and two days without my treatment.

You all know by now I push the limits to test if I'm really feeling better so I figure we will see what happens with another short trip. I'll post after my return the outcome.

I'm currently at 7 1/2 months of 1 hour dives and some days 2 dives. Currently 267 done.

Haley how are you doing these days?

Posts: 233 | From AZ | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Tanya...

I will answer your PM in more detail, but wanted to share some thoughts on your post here as well...

A few people have told me they have experienced "heightened emotions" right after a dive (including transient anxiety). It seems to be an initial reaction and that goes away after the person has been diving consistently for awhile.

It is unclear why it happens, but I have some theories.

It is possible that in some people, it has to do with blood sugar changes, as mHBOT can lower blood sugar (try eating a little protein before diving).

Also, there are blood flow and metabolic shifts in the brain (and body) that are taking place with mHBOT as a necessary part of healing the hypoperfusion-state, which theoretically could cause some initial reactions.

If someone has an impaired ability to detoxify, is very toxic, and possibly doing a lot of therapy protocols and/or taking a lot of drugs and supplements that their body is mot assimilating well, they can have a reaction if mHBOT is started too rapidly.

Another very interesting thing about the chamber is that over time, it can take someone through not only a physical healing, but also an emotional one, where (sometimes intense) emotions can briefly surface and can then be dealt with. This seems to be similar to how homeopathy works; where physical and emotional "layers" are transverse through the course of healing.

I actually "revisited" some childhood issues through the course of my healing that I thought I had long ago dealt with. The good news is that once those issues are briefly revisited and brought to light, the negative emotion surrounding them really feels "gone"...

Posts: 1880 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi Toyswalk...

There is definitely a way to use a chamber if you have limited ability to transfer in and out.

I can give you more detail on this, but you can place the chamber on a bed or a similar platform, and rotate the chamber so that the zipper is almost level with the surface of the platform.

That way, you can maneuver yourself in without having to go down to floor level.

Just a FYI, there are also mechanical lifts available for people who are non-mobile.

(Also, FYI, the upright chamber model and manufacturer you are referring to has had serious issues, which you can Google...)

toyswalk
Member # 45981

Music to my ears, Phoiph! That puts my mind at ease!
Tanya R
Member # 41817

Phioph -

Thanks for the info. I actually purchased some Lithium Orotate after reading the TreatLyme.net page for psych supplements. I was hesitant to take it the first time as I didn't know how it would make me feel. Right after my 60 minute dive yesterday I felt really anxious. I took one Lithium Orotate and within 20 minutes the anxiety had subsided. Usually the anxiety lasts until I go to bed. I wanted to share this info with anyone suffering from feeling anxious after diving. According to their page, you can take 1 pill 3x day.

--------------------

toyswalk
Member # 45981

Replying from full reply comment box so I will be emailed updates to this thread. Learning my way around the forum, guess I will stick around for awhile;).

Hoping to find a place locally to test drive a mHBOT. My main concern is stil access because of my mobility, dexterity limitations. If anyone knows of a person or clinic in the Central Texas area, please let me know.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

toyswalk...

I will PM you some information...

toyswalk
Member # 45981

Thank you!
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peimomma - Hi I just saw your post.

Thank you for asking - things are going okay. I had someone visiting for about 10 days and realized that I am capable of doing more than in the past. Yay for those 10 days. I was so nervous about this visit and thought that I would not be able to do anything. So - I do think there is some progress.

I have to add that the IV ozone definitely helped, but even if I could afford it (which I can't) I think that it would be hard on the body and the veins over time. I plan to do IV ozone once a month and continue with my chamber every day.

Not much of an update, but I do believe that I am moving forward very slowly.

Are you still going in the chamber twice a day?

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Haley that is great news that you see progress. Glad you were able to enjoy your company. 10 days is a long time to entertain and be "on".

I'm back to one dive a day, I could only dive for 6 days at 2x and then the herx set in at 0100 and woke me up so I went back down to one a day. I decided to go to 2 because after the trip I couldn't shake the fatigue so getting the extra O2 helped get me back to where I was before MT.

Thanks for the update 😊👍

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

I hope everyone is well💚

I thought I'd post an incident that happened this last week. On the 16th I was mowing the lawn and afterwards I noticed my left upper arm was itching. I thought it was a mosquito bite so I applied the homeopathic remedy Ledum. The itching stopped and I went on about my day. The next day I did a body scrub and noticed that bite area a little itchy again so I applied another dose of remedy.

I finally got a glimpse of the bite in the mirror on Friday and to my surprise it was about 2-3 inches in size, swollen and reddish. At that point I thought a spider bite and took some homeopathic remedies for the possible bite. It did nothing so then I thought maybe a black widow spider bite.

I finally posted a picture in a local group to see if anyone could give info on possible NW bugs that would leave a bite like this. People suggested it was a lyme rash and comparing the picture it did look similar. That same night the bite changed and was swollen and bright red and my doctor then thought it might be infected.

The next morning it was back to the lyme looking bite so I drew a line around it with a black marker to keep track of the size. However the following morning it changed again and started to disappear. This was over a weeks time from the start of the bite to the beginning of disappearance.

I went back to my journal and sure enough the night I got the bite on my arm I didn't sleep well, and had some night sweat, some pain, some fatigue and all this carried on until the following Wednesday.

After looking back at my journal, where I was outside in shirtsleeves on a sunny day I wasn't sure it was a bug bite but possibly some of the old vaccines I had received in the military. It was in the exact area they were given and with the constant change of the bug bite it seemed to make more sense that maybe the homeopathic remedy and mHBOT have pushed this to the surface.

I guess I'll never know for sure except to watch for future episodes in the same area. I'm wondering if others have experienced any old injuries or illness come forward?

[ 10-13-2015, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: Peimomma ]

mbdq
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mbdq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peimomma-
Within the first few weeks of starting mhbot, I broke out in multiple bright red rashes on my back that resembled tick bites. I took a picture for my own sake. I felt like it was old tick bites coming to the surface. Also, I had botox for one year at one point to try and help my debilitating migraines. The botox didn't help, but I feel the hbot helped move "leftover" botox out of my body. I had a few bizarre weeks where I could move my eyebrows more and I felt like I needed to keep moving them. Crazy!

In reading your update above, I was afraid you might have been bit again and I certainly hope not! I do think I was bit again this summer about two months ago. Started as small raised itchy bite and progressed to a red rash with two shades of circular red. I've had an increase a bit in some symptoms and it is disconcerting to say the least! My LLMD thought it was a tick bite and wanted me back on antibiotics. I started with some mepron but after a week, I had enough. I really felt it wasn't the right path for me right now. So I stopped the mepron and I have continued with the hbot and also adding weekly acupuncture.

So despite this scare, I am trying to focus on healing, healing, healing. Also doing some emotional work I think I really needed. Hoping it will all be enough to keep me moving forward. I am at 557 hours. Better than I used to be health wise but striving for 100%. Seen some improvements in exercise tolerance, so that is good.

Posts: 233 | From Hudson Valley | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Mbdq

Wow, that's good to know. I also took pictures of the area on several occasions. I find it doubtful that mine is a tick bite here in WA state in my backyard. I know we have lyme here but just not as prevalent as other places.

Regardless I would treat the same way with mHBOT so I'm settled about it now and will check my numbers on my 1year mark with oxygen therapy. I think I'll print these pictures though to putt in my journal if they pop up again.

[ 10-13-2015, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: Peimomma ]

Phoiph
Member # 41238

After several months of treatment, the place where the nymph tick had originally attached on my wrist became red (like a small mosquito bite), but not nearly as pronounced as it was originally. I also had old scars become more prominent at times.

It fits my theory that mHBOT healing phases follow a similar pattern as healing with classical homeopathy...bringing the inside toward the surface, and revisiting symptoms in a reverse order as the layers are transversed...

Fortunately, it seems the revisited symptoms are less severe and shorter-lived than the first time around...

Charles12
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24729

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to sidetrack the discussion... but, are there any online resources for finding mild hbot clinics?

I live in central Virginia and the only ones I've found are a bit of a drive.

Alternatively, how much should I expect to pay for a rental? And would a rental include the O2 compressor?

Posts: 146 | From Virginia | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Charles12...

I will PM you with some information and options...

joahsark
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joahsark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just sent my payment off to get my chamber in the house. Feeling hopeful (a bit overwhelmed) and cannot wait to begin journaling and sharing my daughter's (14 yrs old)and my progress. Unlimited "Thank you's" to Phoiph for continuing to support and guide me through these first steps! When it arrives I will definitely be reaching out to you again for help with the set up etc. as I have never even been near one in person.

Joahsark [confused] [Smile]

Posts: 219 | From pacific nw | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Congratulations, joahsark...

I will be glad to continue to help, as I know will everyone here...

Monti
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45718

I am excited for you both!!! Just be consistent and don't expect anything to happen to quickly. It may start to help quickly but more likely will take a number of months.

I have to say I look forward to laying in my chamber at the end of every day. I'm tired most of the time and I have no problem spending a quiet hour laying down in peace.

joahsark
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joahsark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Phoiph and Monti. Your support is so appreciated. We are definitely committed for the long haul. Will have it 6 months to start and then purchase if anything at all is noticed.

Blessings!!

Posts: 219 | From pacific nw | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monti
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45718

That sounds like a great idea. I know for me it took about 6 weeks to build myself up to one hour dives. And in some ways it's once you hit the one hour mark that the benefit really starts to develop.

Try not to miss a single day. I had a 1 week vacation and I felt like it set me back a month.

I'm almost 3 months at 1 hour dives and I believe I am just beginning to see some very mild improvements. But my attitude is don't expect anything for 6 months-12 months. With this attitude I won't get discouraged. At least not for a year haha! But I believe in a year I will be pleased and see some worth while gains.

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Welcome to Team O2 joahsark 💚💚

We are all here for you and your daughter 😊 on this journey.

I have a standing invitation if you and your daughter want to make videos😁 and join me on YouTube. I'm at 282 dives already. It goes by quick when you are keeping track of the number of dives, journaling every day and enjoying the gains month after month.

The hardest part these days is just doing the dive every day. When it's nice out I have to make sure I leave time to dive. We are having beautiful crisp sunny days here so I've been squeezing in motorcycle rides with the hubs.

joahsark
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20598

Thanks Peimomma! I may take you up on that invitation if I ever feel comfortable enough to be seen on camera. LOL.

Definitely will be disciplined about making the time and journaling.

Best,
Penny

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

As promised here is my update from my 3 day trip to the Napa Valley. It was almost identical in length to the MT trip, left Thursday afternoon and arrived home Sunday afternoon but I flew this trip.

I ran and lifted weights the morning I left and was up until 11:00 chatting with friends. The first night I slept ok, the second night was bad sleep due to a snoring roomie and the third night I slept well.

I drank wine 2 of the three days and ate out for every meal. I was able to sit in a dry sauna 2 of the days and had a massage one day as well to detox. I feel great after arriving home and went right back to my routine and working out.

My friend had a cold/flu before and during my visit and we bunked together and even shared wine glasses at the tastings and I have no signs of illness. She on the other hand is off work today as she is still sick. I told her she needs some O2 therapy...lol

On a super cool note, Joahsark and I figured out we only live about 15 mins apart in neighboring towns.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Peimomma...

So...no further reaction to the bite on 9/16?

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

It is still there on my arm, the red dot where the bite/injection site is and only when I've been in the chamber for 20-30 min does it itch a little.
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Just put up my newest video😁.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eSiD254FmTA

toyswalk
Member # 45981

GREAT VIDEO!!! Keep going strong!
joahsark
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20598

Chamber arrives tomorrow!! Anxious about the learning curve. Really hoping I can figure out the set up and use. Thank you to those who sent me links to videos! Can't wait to start journaling for my daughter and I.

[confused]

Phoiph
Member # 41238

No worries, Joahsark...you can email me with any questions...

We should also go over how to work up to full pressure slowly...

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Yes, please go slow, don't take days off and follow Phoiph's advice👍😍

I would not recommend my path as I have a tendency to push the limits to see what's working for me and what's not, will something set me back or won't it....

I fully believe everyone using mHBOT will get to recovery, although it's a little different pace for each person. Dive every day, journal every day and soon enough you will see the gains.

joahsark
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20598

Thanks again Phoiph and Peimomma! I'm definitely going to start slow, the only major herx that worries me is increased cranial pressure which is a 24/7 major problem for with flares that would put any "normal" person, not us, of course, in the hospital. Of course I want to be extra careful with my 14 year old daughter too. I'll definitely be reaching out you both.

Best and sooo much gratitude,

Penny

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Good Morning mHBOT Family😎

My mom sent me a message after she watched my video letting me know when she saw me running on the treadmill she began to cry. She is the only person who has seen our Lyme life behind closed doors as she stayed with us for a month the year my depression and symptoms were off the chart. She was here when the paramedics came and took me away after a seizure. She knows how huge this progress is for me and she was crying tears of joy for this transformation.

Yesterday I went to my dentist for another cleaning and checkup and my hygienist ask how my O2 treatments are coming along. As I told her about my newest video her eyes began to fill with tears of joy as she has watched me for the last 5 years go through this Lyme process. She was so happy for me and the progress I am making with mHBOT.

I went back and started looking at my journal writings from the first three month of diving and I have to say I was still having just ok days. Compared to now, almost 9 months of treating it's a lot different. I'm only a third of the way to the 2 year treatment plan....I wonder what life will be like with 900 dives??

Congrats Penny and I enjoyed the arrival photos of your chamber. It's fun to look back on "history" after you are much further along in treatment. Do the before photo😁 and of course the selfie in the chamber....lol

Monti
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45718

Good stuff Peimomma [Smile]
toyswalk
Member # 45981

Anyone here in Central Texas? It would be nice to connect with someone in my area.

Monti, I've got my eye on you. Watching your progress with hope.

Monti
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45718

Thank you toyswalk [Smile]
whitmore
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitmore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking into these machines. It appears that you need an Rx to purchase one. Has anyone managed to get a doctor to prescribe one?
Posts: 226 | From Princeton | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Yes my doctor did after providing her with some supporting documentation. Phoiph is very good at helping that process along.
Phoiph
Member # 41238

I just finished an interesting conversation with a man who built a chamber for his 68 year old wife with a traumatic brain injury.

So far, she has done 12 sessions of mHBOT in a clinical setting, and 10 in the home chamber.

She had an interesting thing happen. When she was in 6th grade, a classmate stabbed her in the shoulder with a pencil, and the lead broke off and became imbedded. In spite of different efforts over the years to remove it, it has stayed embedded under scar tissue.

Last night she felt what she thought was an itching insect bite, but when her husband looked at it more closely, he found the piece of lead coming through the surface of her skin, and removed it easily.

This reflects my and other's experiences posted here, regarding old scars, bites, injection sites, etc., coming to the surface and becoming visible, then disappearing with mHBOT treatments.

It also mirrors the path that is considered "true healing" in homeopathy (e.g., traversing layers, often from the "inside out")...

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Wow Phoiph that is fantastic😊. Thank you for posting this information.

Now I'm curious about the chamber he built, he must be quite handy.

Monti
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45718

Phoiph that is incredible!
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Another example is from a woman with Lyme and coinfections who doesn't post here, but was one of the most ill people I've come across yet...

She and her doctor both called me over a year ago as a last resort, as they were completely out of options, and had vaguely heard of my recovery through the local Lyme support group where I spoke about my experience.

For many, many years pre-mHBOT she has had what she calls "bowls of infection" under her skin...some deep, some superficial, some smaller, like marbles, some large, like a "bowl".

During phases of mHBOT treatment over time, she has watched these surface and break open as sores on her skin, scalp, and inside her mouth, then heal. Sometimes the "deep bowls" which were older would not surface, but on occasion she would feel one of them break open inside her, and would become very, very ill afterward for days...but then once recovered, would be better than before the episode.

She is not yet 100%, but the last time I spoke to her she had coordinated her home remodeling and sale, and was able to move to another state, which she had wanted to do after years of being home and bedbound...

You can't make this stuff up...

Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you mean by bowls of infection? Are they lumps on her skin?
Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

She described them as either lumps under her skin, or deeper masses (i.e., "bowls") that she was able to feel for years and that were painful.

For example, she described one in the area of her throat/upper chest that felt constricting and would affect her swallowing reflex at times, making her gag.

The way she described them surfacing on her skin made me suspect Morgellons, although she never described seeing fibers.

There was no end to how this woman suffered.

My point was that after doing mHBOT for a time, whatever they were started to break up and come to the surface...

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Thoughts and opinions anyone??

Now that the weather has changed in the great Northwest I have noticed a little joint stiffness. The last three days When in the chamber the pain disappeared so yesterday I decided to do 2 dives and it fixed the issue.

I was talking to my husband about the possibility of my body using more O2 since the weather has gotten much colder and damp in the last 2 weeks. I did a little research on the internet and found several references to cold weather using more O2.

I'm wondering if anyone has noticed a similar experience when the weather gets colder. I decided to take a break from exercise this week until I can figure out my treatment schedule to keep my O2 level high enough to keep the pain away. I definitely don't want a set back.

toyswalk
Member # 45981

Phoiph, I think the word for the woman's skin condition is 'boils'. My step father dealt with those and they seemed miserable.
Phoiph
Member # 41238

That's what I thought at first...(I questioned her about that)...but these were definitely not typical "boils" according to her...

Apparently not something her doctors had seen or could explain either...

Haley
Member # 22008

My boyfriend has lipomas. That's why I asked. He has had them a long time, they are harmless and don't hurt.
Phoiph
Member # 41238

I will post an email of hers with a description if I can get her permission first...
Tanya R
Member # 41817

Hey all. I wanted to give an update on how I'm doing. I am on dive 40, though technically I have over 400 hours in my chamber. A few months ago I felt horrible again. I had quit all meds and basically gave up. I wasn't dedicated to using my chamber. I came across Peimomma's YouTube videos and it reignited my hope for mHBOT and my Lyme. Thanks to the help of Phioph I did a slow reintroduction to my chamber and am now up to 60 minutes a day with full oxygen.

Some things are better such as my anxiety and mood. I feel like I had a major relapse of my babesia over the past few months, which is contributing to a lot of other symptoms. I have restarted my cryptolepis herbal (RX from LymeMD from InfuServe) and am currently only tolerating 5ml 1x day. I have to work up to 5ml 3x day.

Thanks again to everyone for posting their progress.

--------------------

Tanya R
Member # 41817

Quick question. For those using the chamber, how many of you have Babesia? And is it Microti or Duncani?

I have Duncani (tested positive through lab and also diagnosed via a gemsia stain blood smear).

It is what causes my most severe symptom, fatigue. I would consider it my worst symptom as there is nothing you can do to help, no matter how much sleep. My doc prescribed me Tramadol for pain and I've found that it acts as a stimulant and really helps on those days where I can barely put one foot in front of the other.

--------------------

Haley
Member # 22008

Dear Tanya.

Phoiph is the expert on this. I know she thinks the chamber will help Babesia too as it helps the immune system.

I have been in the chamber an hour a day for just over a year. I believe that my remaning infection is malarial/parasitic /protozoan. I believe it needs to be treated in addition to the oxygen. This I just my opinion. I have no regrets buying my chamber and I do believe I am getting well due to mhbot. I will see some one on Wednesday to discuss getting on something for my remaning infection.

My main remaning symptoms are severe fatigue, head and face pain and cognitive problems. I do think the cognitive stuff is s bit better.

Tanya R
Member # 41817

Haley -

My doc just wrote a blog post touching on mHBOT and Babesia. I'm trying to treat just with the herbal Cryptolepis. I'm going to give it a few months and then see how I'm feeling, I'll decide whether I'll see my doc about adding Coartem & Malarone.

http://lymemd.blogspot.com/2015/10/lyme-pots-mast-cell-activation-syndrome.html

Take care!

--------------------

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi Haley...

I'm so glad to hear that you have no regrets re mHBOT, although I know you are still struggling. I admire that you have never given up on it and have always been encouraging to others here. I KNOW you will get there!

Tanya...I can tell you that I had severe Babesia when I started mHBOT as evidenced on a blood smear. I had horrible symptoms. mHBOT took care of it completely over time.

Tanya R
Member # 41817

Phoiph -

That is encouraging. It's hard to realize that this is such a slow journey. I want to be at the end already. I wake up every day wondering how I'm going to feel.

--------------------

Tanya R
Member # 41817

How many of you deal with heart palpitations? Or low platelets?

I saw a cardiologist last May and was diagnosed with Mitral Valve Prolapse. Not sure if that is related to Lyme & Co's. I could have worn a 24 hour heart monitor, but never went in for it. I just feel like most doctors are clueless to Lyme and Co's.

I am also seeing a hematologist every 3 months due to low platelets. I also received 5 weeks of IV iron to raise my ferretin.

--------------------

toyswalk
Member # 45981

I'm going for my first dive today. That's all, just thought I'd share :-)
Monti
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45718

We will be there with you [Smile]
Trinity333
Member # 46923

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trinity333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone,

I'd like to join in the conversation [Smile]

With the help of phoiph, whom I contacted via a different site, I purchased my chamber in January of 15. I used it daily until March when I became sick for a month with the yearly "crud" going around. My immune system couldn't fight it off and I was out of the chamber for 6 weeks because I couldn't clear my ears.

I struggled to get back into the groove over the summer. Northern CA summers are hot and the chamber became what I termed a "hot coffin". I have used it for the last few months, but not religiously.

3 days ago, I made a commitment to get back in, and commit to using it daily.

I'm excited to see another success story (peimomma!)

Did the chamber help me over the last 10 months? Even though I haven't been diligent?

Well, at the same time I bought the chamber, I went off the antibiotics that I'd been taking for 18 mos (pills, shots and IV), took my estrogen patch off that I was using for menopause symptoms and changed my diet pretty dramatically. Like most of you, I've done it all: sauna, coffee enemas, biomat, foot baths, castor oil packs, chiropractic, every potion and pill imaginable. I can't speak to whether or not the chamber has helped over the last 10 months because there was so much I changed.

I did have a few awesome weeks over the summer and was able to get out and do a few things I haven't done in years. In August I backslid after taking cholestyramine for mold as prescribed by my LLND.

I will say this: I am FAR better OFF the antibiotics than I was ever able to achieve on them. My goal is to stay off of them.

I'm ready to commit to being in the chamber every day. I'd like to join you guys on your journey!

Posts: 5 | From NorCal | Registered: Oct 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Dive 314 in the books

Welcome back Tanya R and Trinity333

It's awesome to have more people chiming in on the thread. I hope to see some positive posts 😊.

I was going to combine abx when I was first looking into mHBOT but after reading this thread in its entirety I felt that those not doing abx had less complications then those just using the chamber??? Just my opinion.

I'm quickly approaching 47 and my weight seems to creep up a pound or two each year and my diet hasn't changed except I cut more out to try and keep the weight off. Last week I ran across a book, The Plan and started following the 20 day process of finding the specific foods I'm reactive to. Anyone read this book? Anyway, I found on day 2 that I'm reactive to almonds and I was eating those every day. And red wine, day 4 but I'm not a big red wine drinker so no big deal. However, chocolate is a thumbs up👍.

Trinity333 my chamber is on the second floor of our house on the side the sun hits all day in the summer. I treat as early as possible and put a fan in the window to bring cool air in the room. I also have a fan blowing the hot air out of the room from the concentrator that sits near the entry to the room.
In the chamber I have a third fan to blow air on me.

I'm glad my videos inspired you both to get diving again.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

I posted this article on the "stem cell" thread...thought it also might be of interest here...

Penn Study Finds Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatments Mobilize Stem Cells
Recovery of Injured and Diseased Tissue the Ultimate Goal

(Philadelphia, PA)- According to a study to be published in The American Journal of Physiology-Heart and Circulation Physiology, a typical course of hyperbaric oxygen treatments increases by eight-fold the number of stem cells circulating in a patient's body. Stem cells, also called progenitor cells are crucial to injury repair. The study currently appears on-line and is scheduled for publication in the April 2006 edition of the American Journal.

Stem cells exist in the bone marrow of human beings and animals and are capable of changing their nature to become part of many different organs and tissues. In response to injury, these cells move from the bone marrow to the injured sites, where they differentiate into cells that assist in the healing process. The movement, or mobilization, of stem cells can be triggered by a variety of stimuli - including pharmaceutical agents and hyperbaric oxygen treatments. Where as drugs are associated with a host of side effects, hyperbaric oxygen treatments carry a significantly lower risk of such effects.

"This is the safest way clinically to increase stem cell circulation, far safer than any of the pharmaceutical options," said Stephen Thom, MD, PhD, Professor of Emergency Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine and lead author of the study. "This study provides information on the fundamental mechanisms for hyperbaric oxygen and offers a new theoretical therapeutic option for mobilizing stem cells."

"We reproduced the observations from humans in animals in order to identify the mechanism for the hyperbaric oxygen effect," added Thom. "We found that hyperbaric oxygen mobilizes stem/progenitor cells because it increases synthesis of a molecule called nitric oxide in the bone marrow. This synthesis is thought to trigger enzymes that mediate stem/progenitor cell release."

Hopefully, future study of hyperbaric oxygen's role in mobilizing stem cells will provide a wide array of treatments for combating injury and disease.

http://www.uphs.upenn.edu/news/News_Releases/dec05/O2stmcls.htm

Beloved
Member # 37415

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beloved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings All,

I've been off the Grid for a couple years, but I'm resuming my HBOT dives. It's been quite a year.

Back in January I started the LDN (Low Dose Naltrexone) Protocol, to relieve my Lyme etc symptoms. It kicked my pain levels down from an 8 to about a 3-4 (though stuff's been kicking up again over the past month because of ABx, getting off Elavil & starting up my HBOT dives again.) As a result of being on LDN I have been able to extricate off Lortab, Ultram, Cymbalta, Pyridium (for the bladder urgency), Klonopin (last year. Ugh! Nasty sleep drug to detox!). The last 2 were 1/4 tab Xanax (for sleep) and FINALLY 100mg Elavil at bedtime for sleep. The chief goal for me has been a clearer head & less brain fog. The Elavil was cold turkey 2 months ago. I had left my new Rx in the car and was too beat to go get it at bedtime. When I woke up the next morning it was, Oh my Gosh my Mind is so clear I am Never going back! I then stood up out of bed & my #2 completely evacuated (courtesy of cold turkey Elavil).

It's been like a return from 20 years in prison for my brain. The other symptoms of Lyme pain, fatigue etc are still there. Also My sleep and my bowels are whacked. The sleep Dr said that my brain's neurons are permanently changed & will not be able to sleep w/o synthetic assistance. She also suggested going back on less Elavil; I said Nope, not gonna happen. Also the bowels are whacked somehow from being on Elavil for 20 years. That's a work in progress that I'm still trying to figure out. Though an occasional Ultram helps bind me up I can't let that be a regular thing.

Paraplegics and our neurogenic digestive tract; ever a topic of table talk- [Wink] .

Right after quitting the Elavil I got hit with an ESBL E.Coli UTI, something tenacious like MRSA. I've been through 4 rounds of Antibiotics over 2 months- 3 of Macrobid and a final 1 of Levaquin. The Macrobid was so bad I spent most of it in bed; though not AS bad the Levaquin was still pretty bad. I did not realize it until last night that the 2 ABx were hitting the Lyme disease- MacroBid the Bart & Levaquin the Babs.

So, all that said I'm finally back in my Respiro, the Blue Womb, 1 hour a day. I'll keep pushing for 6-7 days a week for now, maybe taking Friday night's off for a bit so I can have an easier Saturday.

When I went thru my first set of 10 Dives I had one day of perfect bliss right after the 10th dive. So since it was that way before I'm praying that the rhythms of wax and wane begin again around 10 dives. When I first did my introductory 10 Dives 4 years ago at my LLMD's there were no H2O masks in the chamber! I held the cannula close to my nose much of the time but don't know how much that helped- of course I complained.

So that's my Journey update. Phase 1 was the LDN & getting off my brain fog meds. Phase 2 is getting back on the Hyperbaric wagon.

Over at Health Rising Cort wrote an article on how our Reward pathways, the 'runner's high', the bliss,the Joy, are somehow blocked or somewhat suppressed deep in the brain. Titled, Are All the "Feel Good" Pathways Blocked?" (October 21st), there could be a blockage in the basal ganglia and dopamine pathways. That hit me like a lightbulb. If there is inflammation going on in that nexus, then Hyperbaric Oxygen would be treating that inflammation, giving me that One Good Day of Joy after 10 Dives.

--------------------
Lyme: 1991
DXed: 2008

'Do not go where the path may lead; go where there is no path and leave a trail.' Emerson

Posts: 45 | From Georgia | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beloved
Member # 37415

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beloved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Note to Phoiph: so the Nitric Oxide stimulated in HBOT also helps break down the biofilms?

--------------------

'Do not go where the path may lead; go where there is no path and leave a trail.' Emerson

Posts: 45 | From Georgia | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beloved
Member # 37415

Note to Peimomma and Trinity333-

at my old apt my Chamber was in the unheated/ no AC sunroom. In the summer I could put 2-3 blue freezie blocks inside. Even do a pre-chill by putting the blue blocks in, zipping it shut for an hour then do my dive. It's my understanding that the interior can heat up 15° higher than the room's air.

--------------------

Beloved
Member # 37415

quote:
Originally posted by Beloved:
Greetings All,

I've been off the Grid for a couple years, but I'm resuming my HBOT dives. It's been quite a year.

Back in January I started the LDN (Low Dose Naltrexone) Protocol, to relieve my Lyme etc symptoms. It kicked my pain levels down from an 8 to about a 3-4 (though stuff's been kicking up again over the past month because of ABx, getting off Elavil & starting up my HBOT dives again.) As a result of being on LDN I have been able to extricate off Lortab, Ultram, Cymbalta, Pyridium (for the bladder urgency), Klonopin (last year. Ugh! Nasty sleep drug to detox!). The last 2 were 1/4 tab Xanax (for sleep) and FINALLY 100mg Elavil at bedtime for sleep. The chief goal for me has been a clearer head & less brain fog. The Elavil was cold turkey 2 months ago. I had left my new Rx in the car and was too beat to go get it at bedtime. When I woke up the next morning it was, Oh my Gosh my Mind is so clear I am Never going back! I then stood up out of bed & my #2 completely evacuated (courtesy of cold turkey off Elavil).

It's been like a return from 20 years in prison for my brain. The other symptoms of Lyme pain, fatigue etc are still there. Also My sleep and my bowels are whacked. The sleep Dr said that my brain's neurons are permanently changed & will not be able to sleep w/o synthetic assistance. She also suggested going back on less Elavil; I said Nope, not gonna happen. Also the bowels are whacked somehow from being on Elavil for 20 years. That's a work in progress that I'm still trying to figure out. Though an occasional Ultram helps bind me up I can't let that be a regular thing.

Paraplegics and our neurogenic digestive tract; ever a topic of table talk- [Wink] .

Right after quitting the Elavil I got hit with an ESBL E.Coli UTI, something tenacious like MRSA. I've been through 4 rounds of Antibiotics over 2 months- 3 of Macrobid and a final 1 of Levaquin. The Macrobid was so bad I spent most of it in bed; though not AS bad the Levaquin was still pretty bad. I did not realize it until last night that the 2 ABx were hitting the Lyme disease- MacroBid the Bart & Levaquin the Babs.

So, all that said I'm finally back in my Respiro, the Blue Womb, 1 hour a day. I'll keep pushing for 6-7 days a week for now, maybe taking Friday night's off for a bit so I can have an easier Saturday.

When I went thru my first set of 10 Dives I had one day of perfect bliss right after the 10th dive. So since it was that way before I'm praying that the rhythms of wax and wane begin again around 10 dives. When I first did my introductory 10 Dives 4 years ago at my LLMD's there were no H2O masks in the chamber! I held the cannula close to my nose much of the time but don't know how much that helped- of course I complained.

So that's my Journey update. Phase 1 was the LDN & getting off my brain fog meds. Phase 2 is getting back on the Hyperbaric wagon.

Over at Health Rising Cort wrote an article on how our Reward pathways, the 'runner's high', the bliss,the Joy, are somehow blocked or somewhat suppressed deep in the brain. Titled, Are All the "Feel Good" Pathways Blocked?" (October 21st), there could be a blockage in the basal ganglia and dopamine pathways. That hit me like a lightbulb. If there is inflammation going on in that nexus, then Hyperbaric Oxygen would be treating that inflammation, giving me that One Good Day of Joy after 10 Dives.

--------------------

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Welcome back Beloved!!!

The more the merrier 😁

Thank you for that awesome tip with the ice packs, I will be using that one next summer.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

"...my brain's neurons are permanently changed & w/not be able to sleep without synthetic assistance..."

I don't buy it! My neurologist/HBOT clinician friend says that sleep architecture is very complex, involving many brain areas to be working together in synch. Healing the brain takes time.

Sudden, severe insomnia was one of first symptoms I experienced. Not even normal doses of anesthesia could put me out (I would awaken during procedures and needed doses high enough for someone over twice my weight). No amount of sleep medication worked; and I went without sleep for over 7 years.

Although it was one of the last symptoms to improve, as my brain healed over time, sleep gradually returned.

This topic comprises 58 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  56  57  58   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement