LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Mild Hyperbaric Treatment (Page 53)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 54 pages: 1  2  3  ...  50  51  52  53  54   
Author Topic: Mild Hyperbaric Treatment
kgg
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lymenotlite, I am so sorry to hear of your recent diagnosis.

Phioph, thank you for the article on the "vaccine". I have yet to meet anyone who plans on taking the vaccine. But my circles are limited.

Posts: 1563 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymenotlite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymenotlite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dpei, I was told by an expert and that was previously thought to be the case by my primary care person that it was not operable.

Phoiph, thanks for the keto link. A friend from out of the area has recently warned me about the same thing concerning the RNA issue. I have an herbal tincture for Covid that I put together from lyme herbs I had made up earlier but didn’t use. No question the echinacea I’d made up for lyme has already helped and I’m being advised by an herbalist as well. I’ve been told by a friend via phone call that I sounded better today. Only a day but encouraging.

I’ve decided today I’m not going to die from this.

Posts: 704 | From WA state | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lymenotlite, it sounds like you are strong and hopeful and those are a good combination of traits for fighting cancer.

As far as Covid goes, getting the vaccine is a very personal and difficult decision for each of us. I have been trying to gather as much info as I can in order to make the best decision for myself and found some great info here:

https://www.lymedisease.org/members/lyme-times/2020-summer-features/lyme-patients-staying-well-covid-19/

I am very grateful to have my soft chamber!

Posts: 2358 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FYI:

Treating COVID Patients with HBOT, Part 2 – From the Author of COVID Diaries

https://carolinefifemd.com/2021/02/12/treating-covid-patients-with-hbot-part-2-from-the-author-of-covid-diaries/

Posts: 1582 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyT
Member # 52252

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LadyT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone heard from Spinning123 or HW88 lately? I was wondering if mHBOT helped them overcome all their infections or if they needed to add something else to their protocol.
Thank you!

Posts: 8 | From CO | Registered: Dec 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyT
Member # 52252

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LadyT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phoiph, do you know how many people you have helped who have overcome all their infections with only doing mHBOT? I am just wondering if I should hedge my bets on only mHBOT, or if I should add something to it. I have been infected for 29 years
Thank you so much to everyone who posts on this forum! It has been a wealth of information!

Posts: 8 | From CO | Registered: Dec 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, Lady T,

I can't give you numbers, but I can tell you that there have been many, many people who have recovered their lives with mHBOT. Not everyone posts here on LymeNet.

Also, everyone has a different history, including infections, genetics, and environmental factors, which all play a part in their recovery path.

If you'd like to go over your individual situation (and how it might compare to others) in more detail before you make a decision, you can PM me with your contact info, and I'll give you a call.

Posts: 1582 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Despite daily dives over the past year, I have been on a bit of a decline and continue to struggle with the difficult decision as to whether to have jawbone cavitation surgery. My dentist (and his interpretation of a conebeam x-ray) tells me that it is likely the cause of my symptoms of facial, ear and skull pain.

I saw a new LLMD, who would like me to consider the dapsone protocol for persister lyme. He tells me he has seen great success with this protocol for some of his patients who have struggled with lyme for many years, especially those who are positive for borellia miyamotoi, like me, with cranial nerve damage.

This new LLMD is also a big fan of mhbot, but he tells me that it is contraindicated with dapsone. I know that disulfram is contraindicated, but I have not been able to find anything about dapsone being contraindicated with hbot. When I told my new LLMD how much the mhbot has helped me on a daily basis, he told me that I could try to use it without O2 and see how I do.

Does anyone here have experience or knowledge of dapsone and hbot? I had hoped to be able to heal without drugs by mhbot and healthy life style alone, but these darn persister bugs are likely living in some hard to reach places in my jaw, ears and skull.

Thanks so much for any insights or info you might have on this.

Posts: 2358 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dbpei, I think it is because the use of Dapsone is so new that you won't find research with it in regards to mHBOT. I had a friend try Dapsone when they first started using it for Lyme patients. She was on a high dose and had a really hard time. I believe since then they have started using a lower dose. But please discuss with you doc what level of dose does he/she prescribe. It did not really help her. But there are people who iy made a big difference.
Posts: 1563 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

I tried it for a few days and it was brutal. But I took the doxy and rifampin as well, which were hard on me in the past, so I am not sure if it was the dapsone or the other ABX bothering me. I had extreme nausea, head pressure and felt toxic all over.

I decided to stop for now and may try again later. It does seem promising from what the new doc told me, but also scary. Dapsone is supposed to be a pretty safe drug compared to disulfiram from what I have read, but I want to continue to do more research on it. Thanks kgg.

kgg
Member # 5867

Good decision imo.
Phoiph
Member # 41238

dbpei~

Is it possible that the reason your doctor believes that mHBOT is contraindicated with Dapsone, is because it may reduce or negate its action?

Hyperbaric oxygen is mentioned in the literature as a treatment/antidote for overdose/low oxygen condition that can develop with Dapsone use:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4882214/

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hominahomina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello All
One of the members here documented her progress recovering from lyme on youtube I forget her name
and I can't find the videos
Is it still up and if so where is it?
Thanks

Posts: 259 | From California | Registered: Sep 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Hominahomina, I think you might be referring to Peimomma (or similar to that?)

That is an interesting concept, Phoiph. With hbot being a treatment for a dapsone overdose, it would make sense that he might think it could reduce its action. I will try to find out more from him about this. Thank you!

On a totally different note, I hope and pray that all of you on this thread are safe and warm with this awful cold snap that is hitting much of our country right now. My heart goes out to all without power and I pray it returns for you soon. Stay safe everyone.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Homina~

Here are the links that I have to Peimomma's progress videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znmn619dtlM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKWp16k-M_8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQMIte16teM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-nzo9ScoJU

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=em-upload_owner&v=eoUzZP2B_VE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pbxHfnIfPo&app=desktop

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eSiD254FmTA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ggakqjon8M&app=desktop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0pbNvw2phk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QgnlKF7tgI&app=desktop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UMKL-uktEw

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hominahomina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank You dbpel and Phoiph
Posts: 259 | From California | Registered: Sep 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tom f
Member # 51089

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tom f     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I have been treating with hbot for 2 1/2 years daily with no breaks. At this point should I be taking 1 day a week off? There are concerns about long term use with higher pressures, I don't see any info on mild hbot long term.

I have CFS - proposed mechanism being a genetic weakness where Chlamydia Pnuemonia is able to infect the bone marrow - a perpetual loop of the white blood cells being used as a transport system to further infect rather than un-infect. I am improving, but the needle only started moving(nerve damage reversal) when the antibiotics were applied with hbot and the healthy diet/lifestyle.

Posts: 16 | From Michigan | Registered: Dec 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi tom f,

How long has the "needle been moving" in the right direction?

Red101
Member # 52188

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all, is it okay to post about a barely used (almost new) mHBOT I'm selling? I am a person with ME/CFS and lyme. Thanx!
Posts: 8 | From Boston | Registered: Aug 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi Red 101,

It doesn't sound like you used your chamber much...just wondering why you decided to sell?

tom f
Member # 51089

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tom f     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Phoiph,
2 years of slow continuous improvement of fatigue and nerve damage reversal in legs, hands/wrists, face, tongue - pretty much nerve damage everywhere 60-75% improvement. The nerve damage happened so slowly over a long period that I have no reference of without nerve damage is. I also had clinical signs(Cogwheeling) of Parkinson's completely disappear. This ongoing proven damage to the substantia nigra of the brain pushed me towards adding antibiotics.

What's your opinion about mild hbot everyday with no breaks. Long term continuous hbot at higher pressures mention dna damage.

[ 02-28-2021, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: tom f ]

Posts: 16 | From Michigan | Registered: Dec 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red101
Member # 52188

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Phoiph:
Hi Red 101,

It doesn't sound like you used your chamber much...just wondering why you decided to sell?

Hi Phoiph,

Thank you for asking. I actually already have a Newtowne 34" chamber that I'm using almost daily (240 dives completed). This other chamber that I'm selling for a friend, a Newtowne "Walk In" chamber, is almost brand new. Barely used. Only inflated 10 times, for less than 1 hour total, for all the inflation times combined. So it is like new. A friend bought it for his wife and soon decided he found the Newtowne zippers frustrating (many of us do, I think, but there are also some good pros about the Newtowne chambers). My friend decided he wanted to get a Summit to Sea vertical chamber. So he did, and now I'm helping him sell the Newtowne Walk In. I guess it is okay to include the description of the chamber, and my "ad" here?

Best,
Red101

Posts: 8 | From Boston | Registered: Aug 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Red 101,

I was just concerned you might be selling your own chamber; glad to hear you're not.

It is really up to the moderators whether your post will be deleted or not. If it is, you can always just post that you have a chamber for sale, and that anyone interested can PM you for details.

People often contact me looking for used chambers, so I will let them know.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

tom f,

You have made great progress!

Deciding when it is time to reduce the frequency of your dives is a very individual thing.

I did mHBOT for 2.5 years daily. I thought I was doing quite well at 1.5 years (compared to how ill I was), but I continued daily for another year and made many significant gains.

After 2.5 years, I reduced the frequency of dives because I was doing well and felt solid, and my body truly felt as if daily dives were now not necessary, and possibly "too much". If I had still been progressing and not felt completely well, I would have continued diving daily.

It sounds as if you are still making significant gains with your daily dives, and I think if you tune into your body's wisdom, you will know when it is time to reduce. If you do decide to do so, try to keep your remaining dives back to back.

Red101
Member # 52188

quote:
Originally posted by Phoiph:
Red 101,

People often contact me looking for used chambers, so I will let them know.

Thank you! That is kind. I'm motivated to sell it, as I'd like to get it out of my home soon, but do not want to pack it up just yet in case someone wants a zoom "tour" of it. But having two mHBOTs in one home office does not leave much room for my walking to my computer desk. :-)
Red101
Member # 52188

Phioph,

May I ask you a question about using my HBOT? I have had ME/CFS/Lyme for decades. I'm pretty sick, mostly homebound and often bedridden. I started mHBOT spring 2020 and slowly titrated up to about 20-30 minute dives without supplemental oxygen. If I did more, I felt too toxic the next day, even with using dry skin brushing and apple pectin for detox. Similarly, if I added supplemental oxygen (with or without diving), I got sicker. So my regime was simple: No supplemental oxygen, and nearly daily dives of about 20-25 minutes each, sometimes twice a day. I was thrilled when I slowly started to be able to go on pleasurable nature walks for the first time in years and years. Then I crashed. Hard. I lost all gains. I crashed hard for 2 months (no idea why), and only did a dive once every 4-5 days. Now I've restarted a near daily routine, for the last month or so, but with no gains. I'm not sure why I crashed. Could it be due to oxidative stress? Any hints welcome. Thank you for your thoughts. Thank you to others for their thoughts too!

Charles12
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24729

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Red101:
Similarly, if I added supplemental oxygen (with or without diving), I got sicker.

I had this problem. My doctor said that some of his patients experienced this.

I think was Babesia in my case. I wasn't taking any Babesia medication at the time.

-

Forgive me for not reading back through the thread, but I'm looking at buying another chamber.

What is best cheap option? Is the premium that OxyHealth charges worth it?

Posts: 144 | From Virginia | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Charles12~

I apologize for not answering your email about this yet. I have been a bit backed up on calls and emails.

I will get back to you on your questions via email soon.

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Just curious
How many of you are planning to get vaccinated if so why?
How many of you are not planning to get vaccinated if so why not?

Thanks

dbpei
Member # 33574

It is a very personal and difficult decision for all of us with chronic illness, so I don't cast judgment on anyone for their choice. I decided to get the vaccine because the thought of getting severely ill or dying from Covid scares me more than potential harm from the vaccine.

I did get the first Pfizer vaccine 2 weeks ago and only had some mild soreness in my arm. I could have more of a reaction with the second shot, but I am going to keep doing what I've been doing (healthy living and diet, supplements, exercise, mhbot, ...) and hope we can see some light at the end of this long and dark tunnel.

Global Lyme Alliance is sponsoring a Webinar later today to help us weigh the difficult decision as to whethr to vaccinate for Lyme patients: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_mDu1WbVESbeoJEMYeCFP7A

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Thanks dbpel I will check out the webinar
kgg
Member # 5867

I am not getting the vaccine. I do not pass judgment on anyone who is. But I was functional and working as a nurse until I had the Hep B vaccine series. Had to stop working. Many years later my husband convinced me to take the preservative free vaccine for the H1N1 flu because I do not get the flu shots. He was concerned that it was a really virulent strain. I had three weeks of worse fatigue and shooting pains all over my body. This woman is only getting a tetanus shot from now on. And then only when I need it.
Phoiph
Member # 41238

quote:
Originally posted by Red101:
Phioph,

May I ask you a question about using my HBOT? I have had ME/CFS/Lyme for decades. I'm pretty sick, mostly homebound and often bedridden. I started mHBOT spring 2020 and slowly titrated up to about 20-30 minute dives without supplemental oxygen. If I did more, I felt too toxic the next day, even with using dry skin brushing and apple pectin for detox. Similarly, if I added supplemental oxygen (with or without diving), I got sicker. So my regime was simple: No supplemental oxygen, and nearly daily dives of about 20-25 minutes each, sometimes twice a day. I was thrilled when I slowly started to be able to go on pleasurable nature walks for the first time in years and years. Then I crashed. Hard. I lost all gains. I crashed hard for 2 months (no idea why), and only did a dive once every 4-5 days. Now I've restarted a near daily routine, for the last month or so, but with no gains. I'm not sure why I crashed. Could it be due to oxidative stress? Any hints welcome. Thank you for your thoughts. Thank you to others for their thoughts too!

Red101,

I'm so sorry to hear about your "crash". It is so disheartening to have experienced improvement, only to be followed by a setback.

In my experience, some of the reasons someone might experience initial gains followed by a setback are:

1. Moving forward too fast with mHBOT instead of working up slowly, especially in the beginning; and/or doing too many or too long of dives per day

2. Adding on ancillary therapies which may cause causes too rapid of detox, and/or toxic overload

3. Overdoing physical activity too soon, due to feeling better

4. Toxic environmental exposures

5. Highly stressful events

6. Failure to maintain clean diet, and gradual, graded movement routine (e.g., yoga)

It doesn't sound like you started up too rapidly, as you seemed to find a pace that worked for you.

My guess is that even though you were improving, you may have not been ready for the degree of physical activity you engaged in.

I also suspect that if you dig deeper, you might remember something that happened or changed around that time. Let us know if you think of anything, even if seemingly insignificant.

I am glad to hear you are back at mHBOT. Try not to be discouraged about not experiencing gains yet; I am optimistic that you will given time.

Red101
Member # 52188

"I also suspect that if you dig deeper, you might remember something that happened or changed around that time. Let us know if you think of anything, even if seemingly insignificant."

Thank you, Phioph, for your kind and informative reply. I did start a very low dose of a new med and new supplement around that same time. But I had tolerated it for weeks before this crash came on... so I'm not sure. Perhaps you are right about taking on too much physical activity. I was walking, but it did not seem like too much. I sloooooooowly increased it. Ah well, like I said, I'm trying again. I so appreciate your weighing in like this. Thank you!

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Red101~

Sometimes it takes awhile for a substance to build up in the body and reach a "tipping point"...

LadyT
Member # 52252

Hi all,
I have two questions and am hoping someone will answer.
First, I know taking antioxidants while diving is not good because it impedes the efficacy of HBOT. But what about NAC - which is used to build an antioxidant (glutathione)? Also, what about Chaga mushroom - which is a strong antioxidant, but it's kind of in "food form", so not a straight up antioxidant supplement?

My second question is in regards to Dr. Ritchie Shoemaker and his theories. He believes that some people have "dreaded HLA genes" that will never allow them to detox mycotoxins or other toxins properly. That they will always have to practice avoidance - sometimes extreme avoidance. Does anyone have an opinion? As soon as I am well - I want to live life and not be frightened always of mold and mycotoxins.

Thank you everyone for your wonderful posts - they are always enlightening and helpful to me!

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi Lady T,

The concern is more about taking mega-doses of antioxidants in isolation, not a few supplements in moderate amounts.

However, IMO, it is best to get the majority of antioxidants from diet. Nature does not produce nutrients in an isolated form for a reason; the other substances present in the food are necessary for that nutrient to work well in the body.

As for your second question...you may have been born with the the "dreaded HLA genes", but I'm assuming you weren't born ill and had to grow up in a bubble.

Genes can be turned off and on. The body is very resilient when given the right tools for healing, and we have the advantage of mHBOT.

Of course, you have to be very careful about toxic exposures while you're healing, as to reduce body burdens. And, when you are well, you will want to continue to live a "clean" lifestyle and avoid obvious toxins, as we all should.

Don't let that kind of limited thinking underestimate your body's amazing potential for healing.

Lassie27
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lassie27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there a way to start so slowly so as to not create a herx? My body is not capable of handling herxes right now. Also, how does mhbot help with mold illness?
Posts: 108 | From North East | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carbokitty
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carbokitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Lassie27-

I can answer the 2nd question. I started mHBOT because of acute mold exposure (I had been dealing with mold exposure/sensitivity for years and unexpectedly had another exposure).
I went to a clinic near my home (not the source of mold exposure.. That was my father’s condo in another state). This clinic had recently opened. I did 10 “dives” starting with 20 minutes and the next 9 were 40 minutes (60 being the standard). The difference in how I felt was night and day! I felt great after that and I was hooked. I continued to go to a clinic until I purchased my own chamber a couple months later (Thanks for your help, Phoiph!)

I think it’s really important not to use a chamber that’s in a moldy environment! You’ll only bring mold laden air into your chamber.

I don’t have the link but there is an NIH study showing reduced mold exposure symptoms with 10 sessions of mHBOT. I found it on a google search.

So you know my story-20 minutes the first time, the. 40 minutes each dive maybe for 3 months. Then 60. About 6 months in, I tried to increase to 90 minutes (you know, get well faster-lol). My liver hurt!
I went away for 4 days and my liver stopped hurting. I’m sure it wasn’t keeping up with detox. So I stick with 60 minutes, diving now 2 years. Still healing but feeling good for the most part. (Will post an update soon). Hope that helps!

Posts: 106 | From WI | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi Lassie~

I believe this is the study that carbokitty is referring to:

Improvement of attention span and reaction time with hyperbaric oxygen treatment in patients with toxic injury due to mold exposure

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2998645/

And yes, as carbokitty mentioned, you can follow a suggested slow start up schedule, which we can help you with if you decide to start mHBOT.

Lassie27
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lassie27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you carbokitty -
What symptoms has mhbot taken away? Do you still do other treatments?

Thank you phoiph - but is this an overall treatment for mold as it seems to be potentially for lyme - enough to heal the body?

Also - does it help with viral issues?

Posts: 108 | From North East | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Lassie27~

mHBOT is a treatment for a multitude of chronic conditions, including Lyme and mold, because these illnesses share many of the same common denominators.

For example, Lyme and mold are both neuro-toxic, potentially causing toxic encephalopathy. Both are immune suppressive and/or cause immune dysfunction, allowing opportunistic viruses and other pathogens to overwhelm the immune system. Both cause neuro-inflammation, and an inability to detox efficiently at the cellular level, etc., etc., etc.

mHBOT doesn't do the healing per se (nor does any other treatment), it helps create an environment in your body that is conducive to healing, and gives it tools it needs to heal itself.

Here is a (non-comprehensive) list of some of the potential benefits:

-Activates up to 8,101 healing genes
-Stimulates DNA to produce growth and repair hormones and receptors
-Reduces Inflammation, swelling/edema
-Increases blood flow/circulation, reduces hypopofusion
-Releases endogenous stem cells
-Improves/modulates immune function/increases lymphocyte production
-Promotes angiogenesis (growth of new blood vessels)
-Assists wound healing
-Has antimicrobial action, assists with prevention/healing of infections
-Improves cellular metabolism/efficiency, including detoxification
-Assists in healing and regeneration of neural tissue, including brain injury
-Increases collagen production
-Reduces pain in certain conditions
-Increases rate of healing from injuries or surgery
-Assists bone regeneration
-Decreases effects from radiation injury, as in cancer treatment
-Improves recovery from athletic/over-training injury
-Treats Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
-Treats toxic encephalopathy
-Up-regulates endogenous antioxidants

LadyT
Member # 52252

Phoiph - thank you for your wonderful reply!

Does anyone know what the rules are for mHBOT and flying in a plane? Is there a certain time frame before or after that I need to not use my chamber?
Thank you!

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Lassie27 I wanted to mention to the group
I use herb in conjuntion with mHBOT
mHBOT seems in enhance to efficacy of the herbs
I can list the herbs I am using and where I am getting them if anyone is interested

Lassie27
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31083

quote:
Originally posted by Hominahomina:
Lassie27 I wanted to mention to the group
I use herb in conjuntion with mHBOT
mHBOT seems in enhance to efficacy of the herbs
I can list the herbs I am using and where I am getting them if anyone is interested

Thank you - Yes, please. Could you give some background on your treatment as well? How long you have been treating, for what specifically, and when did you add the mhbot in and your experience?
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Lassie27
I use
Sida Acuta
Andrographis
Japanese Knotweed
Cat's Claw

Ashwaganda to regulate the HPA axis helps me sleep
I might use a little less the day I do mHBOt as I said it intensifies the action of the herbs

I have tried alot of stuff including essential oils iodine azithromycin Doxycycline and Flagyl in the past to treat Clamydia Pneumonia I started using mHBOT alone for a couple years to treat Lyme and Co infections now I am adding in these herbs as tinctures I have been sick for decades been treating for eight years and getting good results

I get my herbs from Woodland essence they are of good quality sometimes they have a sale

[ 04-06-2021, 01:31 AM: Message edited by: Hominahomina ]

carbokitty
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carbokitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lassie27~

My primary symptoms with mold exposure: anxiety, insomnia, diarrhea, fatigue, brain fog, depression, heart palpitations
They are all gone. Sometimes I have a rough night's sleep but I also have food sensitivities and I "push the envelope" and try to eat something "new". I can also have insomnia with a mold hit.

Other therapies...I mean, I eat a "clean" (really restricted diet). I had some sort of exposure the other day and I took some activated charcoal. But nothing else currently for mold. I do take some supplements but nothing really specific for mold.

Hope that helps.
Carbokitty

Posts: 106 | From WI | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carbokitty
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40537

I've really debated whether to share my vaccine story or not. I guess I'll ask first if it's ok to talk about?

Carbokitty

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Carbokitty,

It's great to hear how well you're doing.

Please share your vaccine story!

Phoiph
Member # 41238

quote:
Originally posted by LadyT:
Phoiph - thank you for your wonderful reply!

Does anyone know what the rules are for mHBOT and flying in a plane? Is there a certain time frame before or after that I need to not use my chamber?
Thank you!

Lady T,

I don't know if it could be an issue as we are only diving the equivalent of 10 ft. underwater, but to be on the safe side you could refrain from diving for 24 hours prior to flying.

[ 04-21-2021, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: Phoiph ]

Lassie27
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31083

quote:
Originally posted by carbokitty:
I've really debated whether to share my vaccine story or not. I guess I'll ask first if it's ok to talk about?

Carbokitty

Yes, please share
Lassie27
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31083

Phoiph, Thank you for all of that detailed information. I can see this is something that can overall help the body from what you write. I have sent you a pm and would love to get your input on trying out mhbot and costs/etc.

Homina Homina, Thank you for your treatment information. It sounds like you are getting benefit from adding in herbs.

Carbokitty, Thank you for sharing how it has helped you as well.

I am very intrigued to see if I could tolerate it but I think there is a chance I might if I start slow at 20mins as suggested.

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Has anyone used mHBOT to recover from open heart surgery or do you know of anyone who has?
One of my customers is getting a single bypass Thanks

Phoiph
Member # 41238

mHBOT was recommended to my neighbor who had heart ablation surgery. She had a faster recovery than her previous ablations, and was eventually able to reduce her medications. Her cardiologist was impressed, and told her to "keep doing what you're doing".

That said, of course every case is different, and mHBOT should be approved by the individual's specialist.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Here are some related articles:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26094285/

LadyT
Member # 52252

Does anyone know the rules about mild hyperbaric and flying? Should there be a certain amount of time before and after flying that you shouldn't dive?
Thank you!

Phoiph
Member # 41238

As I mentioned before, it may not be an issue since we are only "diving" at 10-11ft (which is considered a "shallow" dive), but here is what DAN (Diver's Alert Network) recommends for scuba divers:

https://www.scubadiving.com/flying-after-diving-guidelines

carbokitty
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40537

Hi everyone! Well, I wrote a lengthy post about my vaccine experience and it disappeared into cyberspace!

The cliff notes version: I had Pfizer. I got the usual flu-like symptoms in the first 24 hours. But the fatigue was WORSE 1 week after. It was my anti-thyroid antibodies! I had to ask to get them tested, as the exhaustion was just like when they were high many years ago. Normal is less than 60. Mine were 1630. A tweak in my thyroid meds helped but I still felt off.
Believe it or not, my primary dr suggested I get auricular ozone. It's a 10 min treatment with ozone in the ears. In 5 minutes, I felt fantastic! My energy has come back and my mood was great.

I just had my thyroid retested this week (all but the antibodies) and all the numbers were good. I feel good.

I have to say, though, that about 6 weeks after the vaccine, I developed a torn meniscus in my right knee. I've never had a problem like that. They said it was degenerative i.e. I'm old-lol. I had a lot of pain! I'm not sure what I would have been like without the chamber. I'm not sure I'm making any sort of miraculous recovery-just a normal recovery with lots of PT and PT exercises and for a while icing, elevating, resting and compression. Not sure if it was related to the vaccine or not. Just seemed sort of coincidental.

I just took a 3 week trip, mostly driving, visiting 5 different friends along the east coast. I have to say, being able to do that with other vaccinated friends made it worth it. I believe we all have to make our own decisions about the vaccine and I really second guessed my decision for a while but I am hoping that any negative side effects are now behind me. I feel really good these days.

Carbokitty

carbokitty
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40537

And the above being said, after 2 years of diving, and very consistently every day this past year during covid, I just took 3 weeks off to travel.
I felt good even without diving. I think my sleep was better.
So now that I'm getting back to diving what should that look like? I know I should do back to back dives. Do I dive 4 days on, 3 days off or what's the best way to start to cut back?

Thanks!
Carbokitty

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi Carbokitty~

At 2.5 years, when I started to cut back from daily dives, I went to 3-4 days in a row per week for several years after.

I currently do 2 days per week, but try to get a 3rd day in when I can.

At this point in your therapy, I think your body will guide you and you will know.

carbokitty
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40537

Thanks Phoiph!
carbokitty
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40537

Thanks Phoiph!
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Hello All

I have mentioned double sessions in a day in the past
Here is an interview with Dr Sonners Where he addresses why that may be beneficial

He begins at 29:49

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=rvBwZVxbYxI

kgg
Member # 5867

I really appreciate Dr. Sonners. Especially his emphasis on research. So I listened to this again and tried to think back on my 2 plus years of daily diving. There were times I think I could have handled twice a day dives but most the time not. What I was doing was enough to handle.

What are you finding? Are you diving twice a day? Are you seeing benefits?

I also worry about the fragile Lyme patients who can't even handle getting up to full pressure never mind twice a day. But this is good info for those who can tolerate twice daily dives, imo.

Thanks for posting.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Agreed kgg.

I appreciate Dr. Sonners also. I just get the impression that the population he works with is not predominantly severe chronic Lyme patients (clue: he pronounces it "Lyme's").

In the 10 years that I have been diving, I have not run across one person with severe, chronic Lyme that could tolerate 2 full sessions in the first 6 to 8 weeks, as he suggests. Those that have tried have crashed and experienced setbacks a few weeks later, only to delay their overall progress.

Hopefully this will warn the newcomers to this site to be careful and start up slowly.

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Maybe not two full sessions but there may be advantage to splitting one session in two, I tried two one hour sessions and it was too much but two 30 sessions was fine. If this accelerates recovery from lyme I can't say, but according to the admin Christie Wygant admin on Facebook mHBOT group and an associate of Dr Sonners there is benefit based on her experience. If I take up the practice of double dives I can report back here
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Just an FYI to keep in mind...the typical 60 minute protocol is not arbitrary. It is thought that it takes at least 40 minutes to absorb the full benefit of a session.
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

It's the going up to pressure and going down two times in a day that Dr Sonners believes produces the benefit.
dbpei
Member # 33574

That is interesting about Dr. Sonners believing that the changes in pressure produce the biggest benefit. I would be willing to try this, but one of my biggest concerns is that my eustachian tubes would have a hard time adjusting to so many changes in pressure in a short period of time. I only have one good ear, so want to protect that ear in every way possible.
Phoiph
Member # 41238

I understand that the pressure changes is what he believes may have additional benefit, but I would be careful of sacrificing the length of the session to achieve this.

That said, two, one-hour sessions daily is likely too much for someone with chronic Lyme who is very ill/toxic, especially in the first 6-8 weeks, as he suggests.

Pressure changes are also challenging on the body, especially in when in a fragile state.

IMO, this sounds like an experiment best tried once someone has done mHBOT for awhile and has made significant and stable gains...but to each his own.

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

I am not sure it's true that length of dive is more important than frequency in a day for these infections For example one hour a day is better than two 30 min sessions or one 90 min dive is better than two 45 min dives.

That is why I posted Dr Sonners interview with Christie to give the folks here some food for thought

Each person must decide him or herself what gives them the best result

kgg
Member # 5867

Lol. Yes, I noticed he said "Lymes". I believe he works with a lot of Autism, CP and head injury patients. In another video of his, he also emphasizes really cleaning up the diet. I believe he promotes keto.

Christie is a sweetheart. And as I said, I really appreciate that Dr. Sonners is big into research, especially in mild hyperbaric that is woefully lacking.

LadyT
Member # 52252

Hello all,

I would love for some suggestions. I have been doing mHBOT 2 hours daily for over 8 months now, and have seen no difference (better or worse). I have had lyme + co-infections for 29 years. I eat right, and seem to do all the right things, but I have not had any changes. Is that typical? Any reasons why I am not improving? Thank you - any help is very much appreciated! Even when I leave the chamber after a session I don't feel anything.

Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Digby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LadyT...The protocol that seems to work is one hour a day at pressure, a low carb or keto diet and reducing or eliminating antioxidants. Also, progressive, low and slow exercise depending on your condition. I started off with 5 minutes of gentle stretching and really had to struggle to even get that in every day.

There are no studies that I know of that show the best frequency and duration of the dives for Lyme, so I am just going off of what I have seen work for most PWL. Perhaps Phoiph can chime in here.

I can tell you that too much HBO will halt any progress and could potentially make one sicker. What I can't tell you is, how much is too much. :^(

I wish I could be of more help.

Posts: 526 | From NW Arkansas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Lady T,

I agree with Digby.

More is not always better with mHBOT (although consistency is key). 2 hours per day (even if it is divided) for someone with Lyme is likely too much, and can create more oxidation/free radicals than your body can handle, and stalemate your progress at best.

There are other factors that may be at play. More background information, including other therapies you may be doing, daily diet, medications, supplements, exercise, functioning level, and general history/state of your illness would be helpful.

This topic comprises 54 pages: 1  2  3  ...  50  51  52  53  54   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement