LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Keeping amalgams and root canals and detoxing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Keeping amalgams and root canals and detoxing
opus2828
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15407

Icon 1 posted      Profile for opus2828     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would love to get my fillings out but I'm too sick to do so right now. Has anyone gotten better with them in?

What about keeping root canaled teeth?

Is it possible to detox with the amalgams still in? Obviously a source of mercury is still there, but detox to lighten the overall burden on the body?

And what would you take to detox in this situation?

Posts: 581 | From CT | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are your teeth in pain?

One of the worst things I did during this process was remove my amalgams, so it's not the end of the world if you still have them in.

I had no pain prior to getting them out.

After removing them I've been in horrible pain for 5 years and it's cost several thousands of dollars to fix the mess.

I wish I hadn't touched them.

Mercury wasn't (and still isn't) an issue.

I wish I had gotten tested prior to touching my fillings. Doctor's Data has an essential elements test that shows the break down of stuff like mercury in your body.

One of the problems stem from being allergic to the replacement material. Epoxy resin and other substances used in composite fillings can also cause problems.

The other problem was that the composite filling cracked within a year of putting it in.

2 of my friends that I know in person also had problems after removing their amalgams.

One had her tooth crack and she didn't know it when it was being replaced (every time there's drilling on a tooth, this is a risk). An infection developed under the composite. This caused even more issues that took over a year to resolve.

Another had to detox for 6 months after having hers removed.

Just realize, it's sometimes NOT a huge health leap when you get them removed. For some it is, for some it isn't. It's all individual.

I would do dental patch testing through Allergeaze or Dormer before touching your teeth.

Also, my ND said a lot of the older fillings had already out gassed already. There's not much more to come out.

It's like stirring up asbestos. If you don't touch it, it may still be there, but hopefully won't cause problems unless it's stirred up by something like drilling.

Good luck.

Yes, it's still possible to detox while having amalgams.

[ 09-24-2013, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: Judie ]

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
opus2828
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15407

Icon 1 posted      Profile for opus2828     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the info about the testing and for sharing your story.
Posts: 581 | From CT | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had seven root canals pulled a couple of years ago, but would not do it again.

There was a lot of infection there (cavitations in the jawbone), which he cleaned out, but I don't think he got it all as I can still feel soreness and swelling in those areas.

Also, it was very costly.

The bridge he put in front put too much pressure on the adjacent tooth and it eventually had to be pulled as well.

The partials he made were awful, just an bad fit which he never could get right.

I finally found another dentist who at least made me some partials that fit, but I still hate them and just wish I had my teeth back.

It was an absolute nightmare.

Be careful who you trust to do this kind of dental work as things can go very wrong in a hurry.

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know of one person on lymenet who got better with them in. I guess it depends on how many you have.
Detox2 works for people with some amalgams in (1 or 2 amalgams). More than that, I'm not sure the body will release it. I imagine any clay like binder would do this as well.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
patches10025
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for patches10025     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FWIW, I had pain and could not chew on my left side after two implants. Dentists said I needed night guard.

Instead I used Oral Defense from Supreme Nutrition and pain disappeared. The practitioner who recommended it said it removes bacteria from dental area and the gut.

http://supremenutritionproducts.com/OralDefense/index.html

Posts: 254 | From Westchester, NY | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
opus2828
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15407

I have 2 amalgams, one big, one small. They are on the last molar top and bottom on my left side. The 4 root canals are on the left top as well. The amalgams were placed probably close to 25 years ago. I have neuro Lyme, babs, Bart and was just considering the effect of metal toxicity.
opus2828
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15407

Catgirl, what is detox2?
Sammi
Member # 110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sammi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is a detox powder made by Byron White. You can see it at http://byronwhiteformulas.com/ Click on "Detox 2" under "Detox Support" on the left of the screen.
Posts: 4678 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
opus2828
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15407

Thank you

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement