LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » my story of recovery

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: my story of recovery
ihatelyme
Member # 16309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ihatelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No matter I hate it or not. Lyme has been with me and possibly will be with me for my life. I don't know the answer. But I would like to share some of my thoughts and wish everyone find your way to health and well-being.

I had tick bite in summer of 2007. I remember that big bull eye rash but I didn't pay attention until march 2008. I had one swollen keen I think it was triggered by Lamisil taken one month before because I was trying to cure my toe fungus. Later diagnosed lyme, taking doxycycline for 4-6 weeks. Then my other knee started to swell too.

Many month passed by, my knees were still swollen. I searched and researched and visited different doctors. I came here to read as much information as I could. The conclusion I got was to do long-term antibiotics treatment. I tried different antibiotics and combined antibiotics. But the experiences with antibiotics was scary too. I remember for a while once I took one of kind of antibiotic, my eye sight would become immediately blurred and had abdominal pain on right side.

I was on and off antibiotics around 3years. During this 3 years, I learned to buy powerful probiotics and tired different kind of supplements to offset side effects. I tried IV glutathione which I think it helped a lot but was not able to keep doing this because time, expense and doctor. I also tired some "liver detox" which I think it was helpful too. But be careful side effects of this kind of thing. Don't over do it.

I got a lot better over time, but physically I was still very weak. This kind of pain nobody could understand but yourself. Also I realized I can not take more antibiotics because it would kill me someday before I got well.

I was thinking I must have something else not right so that my body cannot function properly. About a year ago, I started to eat less meat. Stay away all kinds of sugar. I noticed my body feel terrible after eating too much carbohydrate food and sugary food. With healthy diet for a few month, I got a lot of better I think mainly because of cutoff of fatty food.

I stopped taking antibiotics. But then I found yeast like a ghost haunting me all the time. I started to search Candid and fungus information. I tried natural food and supplements, guess what, my health improved further. Before killing fungus, I was easily agitated, I could not sleep well. My face complexion was horrible. My memory was poor and easily to get depressed. All these improved dramatically after I killed lots of fungus. I am so happy I can sleep through night now that gives me energy, mental sharpness and happiness in the beginning of every day.

I am thankful I found the big myth of my poor health. Even though I still have little arthritis in knees and pains here or there. But I really feel my life is back. I remember long time ago I read somewhere a Germany doctor said treating lyme, fungus is the trick(not original words, just as much as I can say). But it really took me a while to understand his words to help my own health.

Now I can sleep well through night. I am careful what I am eating. Excise regularly, I feel I gain my life back even it is a little more imperfect. Well, it is ok I can take it this way.

Wish everyone on your success to gain your health back!

Also I would like to thank people answered my questions in this forum. Without you, I could not find my way to health. Thanks.

[ 11-01-2013, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

Posts: 27 | From MA | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for sharing your story.

I agree, yeast/ fungi infections going systemic in the body can wreak havoc and do a lot of damage,

I've seen it first hand, too.
Glad you are feeling better!

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Candida/yeast infections can REALLY wreck our lives. I have experienced it first-hand as well.

I'll move this thread to Medical Questions so others will see it.

Good luck with your future endeavors and thanks for coming back to tell us how you're doing!

I'll also add your story to the Success Stories thread.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kudzuslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for you! Can you share the supplements that helped you?
Posts: 1728 | From USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am glad you are better. Reducing fat and not eating meat is probably helping you too. because you may also have protomxyzoa. I hope you continue to improve.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Systemic Yeast and its Importance in Remission:
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/104860#000000

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
terv
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for terv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I was thinking I must have something else not right so that my body cannot function properly. About a year ago, I started to eat less meat. Stay away all kinds of sugar. I noticed my body feel terrible after eating too much carbohydrate food and sugary food. With healthy diet for a few month, I got a lot of better I think mainly because of cutoff of fatty food.
What did you eat if you cut out fatty foods, meat and carbs? I have noticed a lot of people do this but I have never asked the question.
Posts: 832 | From Somewhere | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What good news that you are feeling so much better! Thank you for letting us know and for indicating what you feel helped.

Good wishes for your continued better health.

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How many people have treated yeast and gotten better?..

Anybody know? Cause I can tell you right now drs dont believe in yeast either....

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chaps
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chaps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that fixing the gut means fixing Lyme.

I have not taken any abx for Lyme, yet I have candida. I've tried rounds of Diflucan which has worked, but after the drug stopped, the candida came right back. But Randibear, when I had reduced the Candida with one Diflucan every other day for a month (after doing an herbal parasite clease, I felt 100% better. No joint pain, all kinds of energy, I felt totally normal.

Here's what I believe I have to do in order to get rid of candida for good:

Step 1: Get rid of the metals. Metals are what create the biological terrain in the gut that is favorable to parasites and fungus. You can fight parasites and fungus all you want, but as long as the metals are there, they'll continue to survive.

Step 2: Get rid of parasites. Ivermectin, Pyrantel, Albenza, Alinia. Or the herbal route, or Salt/C to avoid pharmaceutical poisons.

Step 3: By this time, the Candida should be easy to get rid of. Google Candid-X and you'll find a good system. And take some good probiotics. Also take some gut healing stuff at this time, such as marshmallow root, chamomile, DGL, L-Glutamine, colostrum, MSM, and Gamma Oryzanol. Stick with an alkaline-forming diet and that oughta do it.

All the while, keep the colon clean with colonics or enemas and try to keep the detox pathways open.

None of this should be considered medical advice. Consult your physician (who doesn't know squat).

--------------------
-chaps
�Listen to the bell, Borrelia. It tolls for thee!�

Posts: 631 | From A little place called, "we'll see." | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats! Also, I agree with Nefferdun, also Chaps (metals, parasites).

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ihatelyme
Member # 16309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ihatelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone.

Hi Terv, I just eat less meat in my diet. I am not completely vegetarian but try to avoid lots of meat and fat. Sometimes we are taking lots of fat without noticing it. Salad is a good choice but I am not used to it. I take lots boiled vegetable with olive oil and tofu. Before ribs and beef were my common meal, but I seldom to eat them now. I think it is mainly depends on the function of liver. All the medicine, toxins are detoxed by liver or gallbladder. You need to try to reduce the burden of them as much as possible.

Candida/Fungus: the following website is a good resources to learn about candida:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/

I dare not to take diflucan and other sorts of fungus medicine because they are very poisonous and after you stop it, fungus will come back if you don't pay attention to your diet and it could cause other problem because abx kills good bacteria too.

For my diet, I use minced fresh garlic, onion and pepper to help me. For supplements, I am taking AquaFlora, yeatgard, probiotics to help.

Coconut oil has anti-fungus function but be careful it is fatty oil. Taking too much probably will be too much for your liver/gallbladder. So it did not work in my case.

Have a strict candida diet is very helpful. As myself, sometimes I still can not resist the temptation to eat some sugary food.

I have been thinking about metal detox, recently bought Aquaflora other products, hopefully I can get good results from that.

I agree with Chaps that fixing the gut means fixing Lyme.

As everyone else, this is only my opinion. Wish you find you way to health and happiness.

Posts: 27 | From MA | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ihatelyme
Member # 16309

For my other supplements, I have CoQ10(provide energy), Cinnamon extract(help with blood sugar), grapseed extract, Gingko, flaxseed, evening primrose oil(Omega 3,6,,).
I would like to mention Focus factor, I bought this in a desperate to help with my exam. It turns out it helped me a lot with my memory and insomnia. I think it provided some nutrition to the nerves of brain which was deprived in years of sickness. You can get it in Costco with best price. My opinion only.

Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ihadlyme, congrats for your recovery!

What is amazing to see in this forum for years, is a sort of repetitive pattern. I think almost EVERYONE who goes to remission from lyme will have to deal with candida for a very long time still.

Cancer patients are known to be invaded by candida and fungal infections.

Everyone fighting chronic lyme will fight chronic and acute candida one day or another.

It is funny to see, after years visiting lymenet, that every thing done to overcome candida, will make lyme symptoms better for most people.

When I still had lyme, I knew as a rule of thumb, that anything I did against candida helped me feel better against lyme (like my arthritis got better, for example).

It made me doubt whether my symptoms were candida and not lyme.

In fact, I think both pathogens thrive on the same milieu, and thrive with the same immune-deficiencies, same toxic milieu.

It's funny that many here agree that fixing the gut is fixing lyme. I would add, it is like fixing many other stuff altogether.

Healthy gut = healthy person.

The more you take stuff that destroys your gut, the harder to rebuild our bodies after lyme is in remission.

That is why avoiding to destroy the gut flora should be part of lyme treatment, and not the opposite.

I'm doing now an experiment with homeopathic MMS and having good results too! Whatever it is doing, it is helping me with my 2 decade (or more) candida and with detox.

Lyme is long gone for me, but like you, I still have candida (it keeps coming when winter comes). I had it much before I fell sick with lyme.

Anyway, keep on posting about your candida wars. I tell you, candida is much more persistent than lyme, much harder to eliminate for good.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement