LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » UTI, Yeast infection, something like that?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UTI, Yeast infection, something like that?
Tbrown2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tbrown2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello everyone,

Been having a few issues these past few days. I noticed that sometimes when I am done peeing it

burns a little and I am also very itchy on my inner thighs. I have no rash or red marks just itchy. I

don't know if this is related but the other part of my legs feel like they are burning sometimes but

again I have no rash. Any idea if this is a UTI or a yeast infection or something? I am a male by the way.

--------------------
T. Brown

CDC Lyme Positive
Co infections? Who knows...
Bands 18+ 30+39+41+45+58+66+ IGG
23+39+41+IGM

Posts: 351 | From Boston MA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tbrown2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tbrown2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kidney infection?

--------------------
T. Brown

CDC Lyme Positive
23+39+41+IGM

Posts: 351 | From Boston MA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesn't sound like a kidney infection. That usually involves back pain, etc. Can include severe nausea and/or vomiting.

Any chance you can pay a visit to a Dr soon?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96229 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tbrown2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42446

Il make an appointment tomorrow or something but I do have a tiny amount of Back pain feels like I slept funny

--------------------
T. Brown

CDC Lyme Positive
23+39+41+IGM

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep us posted!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96229 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tbrown2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42446

Has a urine sample done but it doesn't come back for four days but my primary care wants me to take Cipro just in case but I don't know if I should do that with all the other antibiotics that I'm on

--------------------
T. Brown

CDC Lyme Positive
23+39+41+IGM

map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you tell the primary the other abx you are on?

Or are we dealing with a clueless PCP? Why don't you wait and see if anything comes back in the urine test, then call LLMD office and ask them what you should do.

Urinary issues are pretty common among folks on here. Remember these labs are only as good as the basic bacteria they know....which believe me isn't much but e-coli. They seem to know that one.

But if lyme or bart or any other of the bad guys have discovered your urinary tract, there's a little more involved than just a 10 day cipro.

That's from my own experience. My PCP started with amox, cipro and a 3rd one, drawing a blank.
Urine test negative for any e-coli or anything after the first urine test.

I did many rife tx for e-coli, it was probably what turned my urine negative for anything but a "clean" specimen two more times before I gave up on the lab and went looking myself for something to help me knock back the unknown in my urinary tract.

I really laughed quite hysterically the day my doctor gave me the 3rd results. Because I remember quite well the day I gave the urine sample, my urethra felt like it had a clothes pin on the end of it. In other words I was in horrible pain. But hey my urine was clean. Testing said so.

That's when my PCP did me the honors of telling me the truth. The lab only knows what it knows.
Thank God, the truth. Finally.

Tbrown, even though you are male, I know your discomfort and concerns. There are many threads on this site about things that help with the urinary tract when abx aren't getting it or even might be contributing to the issue at hand.

BW products, does that take care of yeast or candida? I'm not familiar with that product.
Could explain itchy legs and thighs too.

I love Berberine. Berberine & my rife control the UTI so I'm not in misery daily anymore, a year was way too long. I'm almost positive it's bart, by the way.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6481 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tbrown2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42446

I hope it's not Lyme in my urinary tract. I'm on so many antibiotics at such high doses that they shouldn't be going anywhere. I'm thinking it a uti or yeast finally caught up to me but won't know for 4 days. It's not that bad I've had this after pee burn before pre Lyme days but it went away on its own

--------------------
T. Brown

CDC Lyme Positive
23+39+41+IGM

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I personally would NOT take the Cipro unless an infection is found. Fluoroquinolones and I do not get along well. It can cause many problems down the road (already has for me) and I would not go asking for trouble.

Since you are not in bad pain and it sounds like you MIGHT even have yeast, then something like cipro will only make it worse.

That is my personal opinion on what I would do in my case. I am not you! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Tbrown2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42446

I don't want to take the Cipro and have it be a yeast issue but I don't want to not take it and have the uti spread further. Hmm asked LLMD and told her what pcp said and she said just take it

--------------------
T. Brown

CDC Lyme Positive
23+39+41+IGM

Tbrown2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42446

Took the Cipro after all starting to feel better already. Maybe I got lucky

--------------------
T. Brown

CDC Lyme Positive
23+39+41+IGM

map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would be wonderful Tbrown.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6481 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robbiem
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robbiem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tbrown

My sympathies --

You name it, I tried it.

The vicious circle of taking multitudes of different antibx over time weakened me all the more.

I finally found relief taking something called LDM-100 per a naturopath's recommendation.

Starting first with higher doses 20 or so drops in water and Vit C on average 3-4 times a day until symptoms subsided.

Then went to a low dose as a preventative -- 6-8 drops - several times a day until I could tell everything back in order.

It is the only thing that worked, honestly. The antibiotics did nothing because for me it wasn't due to these co infections -- my symptoms were odd ones from the start. Over time I came to the realization that there is indeed a very distinct and large parasite component to this both with the urinary tract infections that will not budge, as well as many of the other problems that come hand in hand with things that people are sadly all too familiar with on here.

Do read up on the LDM-100 as it can cause a pretty uncomfortable rash in some people who do take it for the first time -- it's a one time rash --- however, it can be pretty miserable from what I have heard.

The brand I recommend is Barlows. I purchased my last bottle on Amazon.

It's also a God's send for colds, flu, etc…and considered antibacterial, anti fungal, anti microbial and such.

Good luck

Posts: 192 | From New England | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement