LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Mitochondrial Failure - Cause of chronic fatigue.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mitochondrial Failure - Cause of chronic fatigue.
springshowers
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/CFS_-_The_Central_Cause:_Mitochondrial_Failure

I continue my quest to learning about fatigue
I believe I have two issues
After years of treatments and fatigue the main symptom
Left I feel my mitichobdria functioning is damaged and had not been able to return to normal on its own
Also CCSVI vascular issues and low blood flow to heart and brain.

How to correct these is a big challenge.
I believe my infections mostly have been addressed even though due to above issues my immune system
Is working hard to maintain that progress and again taking up more energy and I can feel that too

I so want to push past this stage and it's almost like full circle.
For a few years prior to getting very ill I battled fatigue and couldn't figure out why.

They say symptoms release in order they came on and I have found that so true. !

If this fatigue was a mutuchibdrial issue which in tune created poor immunity allowing infection upon infection to take over. .. I had many kinds besides Lyme !
It makes sense now.

To those in similiar situations the figuring out of why and how to restore mitochondria could be key to getting fully well ..

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rowingmom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 41213

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rowingmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Minding Your Mitochondria!

https://www.facebook.com/Dr.Terry.Wahls

--------------------
13 yo DX PANS/Tourette's/Asperger's/ADHD treated for Igenex positive bartonella/IND lyme with 2 years of abx treatment. Weaned off abx April 2013 at 80% improvement. Continuing with Buhner bartonella/babesia protocols. Aug 2014 99% improvement.

Posts: 265 | From Canada, Ontario | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ps. The article provides links to specific mitochondria tests and there are done basic protocol ideas.

Most similiar to Lyme
As in detox diet supplements addressing infections
And those things.

Reading about chain reaction and even related to why thyroid is affected as systems try to compensate for low energy and lack of ability to regenerate at the chemical cellular level ..

Dr Cheney and others study and report this too and also how it affects heart functioning and other organs.

My big question is how to get them working again after treating the infections when it feels like your stuck in the damaged cycle.

My cold laser is waking things up a bit and releasing toxins as well as healing and it might be part of what gets the engine running again. Like when you siphon fuel and give it just enough to turn the engine over to get it running again on its own.

Giving mitichobdria what it needs too in micronutrients and anything that aids in its repair and revitalizing.

I think for us battling fatigue we should study this.
Ask doctors to run the tests and see how ours is functioning.
Most of us know of we have classic chronic fatigue vs low energy type symptoms. Where you have post malaise and takes days to recover from a basic exertion that we might push through. That feeling of having only a certain bucket of energy that day and when it's gone its gone. Can feel it not regenerating and naps or sleep don't help.

I used to have it much more severely than I do now.
That's good news for me.
But I have a ways to go to approach normal

Mitichobdria functioning testing.
Check out the article links

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Thanks for link

The diet element is huge !
Without refining my diet down to veggies
And berries and only whole organic and 90 percent plant based and no dairy and no grains I would not have made the progress I have. It was a step by step process eliminating of things over time. It makes it easier when you eliminate and aclimate and then elininate again.
Blood sugars and body can adjust in steps.
And mitichobdria needs there micronutrients.
I may be going to a liquid veggie smoothie fast for 30 to 90 days to do a detox and also push further on and bring in more micronutrients. It's easier to drink a ton of greens and break them down prior too for better absorption with emulsifier.
It's not easy but it makes a big difference.
Also eliminating inflammation and allergy triggers in gut.

Don't forget it helps with biofilm reduction too.

[Smile]

VV
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've tried working my way through this kind of approach, mito sups etc. and got nowhere.

Also this is the worst advice I've seen for CFS:

"So the perfect pick-me-up for CFS sufferers could be a real black organic coffee with a teaspoon of D-ribose!"

Posts: 922 | From Philadelphia | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VV
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, I'm in a bad mood.
Posts: 922 | From Philadelphia | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadianmama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canadianmama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Spring showers,

Since you are into "alternative healing" and frequencies and such, you may find this interesting.

I think I told you about the wave force people before. They make a frequency transmitter (think controlling EMF to heal instead of cause disharmony)

We run a "mitochondria revitalization" frequency overnight for my son. Not sure if it's the key, but he's still improving so we just keep doing all we can to keep him going in the right direction.

The mito frequency is on the allergy album.
http://waveforce.ca/sound/frequency/allergy

Posts: 372 | From british columbia | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look into PQQ:

http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2011/feb2011_Generate-Fresh-Mitochondria-with-PQQ_01.htm

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4163 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VV
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38828

Not too sure about PQQ:

"Subsequently, PQQ was found to stimulate growth in bacteria."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrroloquinoline_quinone

springshowers
Member # 19863

Thank you. CM !
I am keeping my eye on that site am info since you shared it before. I see that it does have a mitichobdria program.

Thanks razzle.
I am reading up on pqq

VV.
Both your posts have good points but possibly taken out of context in these articles and to the concepts.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's an interview with a doctor that includes an explanation of how mild hyperbaric restores function of the mitochondria ("mitochondrial biogenesis").

"...The major thing that hyperbaric oxygen therapy can do in a brain injured patient, and I'm including autistic patients in that group, because whether a brain is poisoned by carbon monoxide, whether the neurons are injured by having gone through an episode where they weren't getting enough oxygen or whether there's heavy metal poisoning - if the neuron is still alive, hyperbaric oxygen apparently can go into that cell and open up or revitalize the enzymes and the DNA in the mitochondria - mitochondrial biogenesis. The mitochondria are these little energy organelles inside each cell and they supply energy, they take oxygen and sugars and turn that into energy (ATP) that the cell can use and there's a whole cascade of enzymes within those mitochondria and each mitochondria actually has it's own DNA. So hyperbaric oxygen is now known to be capable of turning those mitochondria back on and when they turn back on suddenly the neuron or the cell is now functioning at a much higher level. And in the case of the brain, you actually get re-coupling of blood flow back to those now more metabolically active neurons..."

www.whale.to/a/stoller.pdf

This was also my experience...

Posts: 1509 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look into NiaCel:
http://www.thorne.com/articles/NiaCel.jsp

My doctor actually suggested this to me, and according to the above weblink, NiaCel encourages mitochondrial biogenesis.

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4163 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a thread I started awhile back:

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - A Roadmap for Testing and Treatment

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=127210;p=0#000000

Getting a CDSA test (comprehensive digestive stool analysis) helped me identify problems with my gut. It expanded the menu of what I could eat after I got treatment.

Also, identifying which infections I'm fighting made a huge difference.

I've taken tons of adrenal support and mitochondrial supplements (ATP Fuel, CoQ10, magnesium, ashwaganda, acetyl l-carnitine...the list goes on and on) with no noticeable improvement. [Frown]

Identifying what was off in my body and working on that made the biggest difference.

Maybe get your ATP tested like what the article suggests.

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement