LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Bartonella Skin Tags?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bartonella Skin Tags?
MTMT
Member # 40756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MTMT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been trying to do some reading on this lately and wonder if some of my issues are related to Bartonella. The only things I could find on tiny skin tags were on Bartonella forums.

Sorry in advance about the location.

I do have some occasional red spots on my body, particulary torso and face. I have noticed skin tags under one arm and sort of on the side of my abdomen, and one on the side of my scrotum a few months back.

Then I got worried about genital warts and have been scouring ever since. I noticed several very tiny skin tags on the right side of the head of my penis. The largest one was maybe 1/2mm in diameter. They have undergone no change in 2 months since I noticed them. The dermatologist was not concerned about these but could not give me an answer of why they were there. He said they were too small for a biopsy and said not to worry about them. He said if he would scour hundreds of men he would likely find similar skin abnormalities.

I noticed another tiny skin tag very similar to the ones on the head of the penis down at the base of the shaft where it meets the scrotum on the right side. I have had some irritation in this area for months but have attributed it to pudendal nerve issues possibly related to Lyme as my LLMD and I discussed.

I tried squeezing this one and clear liquid oozed out...went deflated...but then in a few hours was back to the size it was. I worry too much about the worst (genital warts) but it does not really fit the bill of genital warts and I know if I go back to the dermatoligist he will say the same thing as the previous visit.

I just wonder what others have experience with tiny skin tags. If you squeezed them would clear fluid come out? It seemed like some people were getting them in the genital region as well.

Posts: 35 | From Western, MD | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lostlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had some type of nodules like skin tags purple or deep red in color .

I had one on shoulder about diameter of a pencil eraser and was raised about two inches , and sometimes it would bleed for many hours.

The purple or red ones would bleed also , those had disappeared after lyme and bartonellia had been treated.

The other nodules like skintag had removed.

But prior to treatment of Lyme and bartonella it started to come back.

But that has disappeared with successful treatment also.

Posts: 238 | From Where | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmmm been checked for std? might be good idea to be safe.

I heard to use apply cider vinegar three times a day or tea tree oil.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MTMT
Member # 40756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MTMT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Randi,

I had some checked the doctor seemed snippy with me and was like you are worried about those? I have seen thousands of cases of warts and those don't concern me at all. Just some benign papules.

The new one is pretty much the same as the others just in a different location. I figure the doctor will give me the same deal as last time. He even went on a long rant about understanding my conern about them and asking for a biopsy but even the biggest one was likely too small to get a workable specimen.

It has been over 7 months since I have been sexually active. I have only had two partners in the last 5 years of which the first 3 years of the 5 I was celebate.

I had an STD panel done 12 weeks post last sexual exposure for the usual bacterial stuff, HIV, and HSV1/HSV2. All negative.

Warts (can't test for them) on the other hand could take several months to show but what I have really doesn't fit the bill (not big enough, not right shape, shouldn't release fluid when squeezed, should be more than a single...etc)

You know how things go these days...kinda wonder how much of your health problems are related to Lyme or other co-infections and noticed several posts with bartonella and tiny skin tags.

Probably will go back to the dermatologist anyway. I'm sure he will probably think I am a nut here again for yet a little bump. He told me that if he looked with such scrutiny on other men he would likely find very similar things.

Unfortunately around here in the country all dermatologists in a 1 hour radius won't see new patients for months so I pretty much only have one alternative.

Posts: 35 | From Western, MD | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely bart!

I have cherry angiomas pop up all over my body when bart flared the first time. They almost self dissolved with the first round of bart treatment.( Since relapsed)

And skin tags on my chest and neck which I pick off with tweezers because I am too broke to see a doc to take them off for me.

Lyme also does such weird things to the skin and odd rashes.

I wish a had a better camera, somedays I feel like I could write a book on rashes and spots caused by tbds.

I don't have a penis, but I am assuming because it is not a mucous membrane, that any rash on anywhere on the body could also be on the penis.

Have you treated bart?

Also, mycoplasma can sometimes cause weird skin things.

I'm sorry the doc scoffed at you. It is not right that your concerns were not addressed more professionally.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How can you guys squeeze fluid out or pick them off

They hurt so bad i would pass out before i finished

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MTMT
Member # 40756

I can't say this little skin tag caused any pain. I have never had any painful skin bumps.

I really have no idea what it is related to or what the cause is but it just doesnt seem to quite match typical causes of such "skin tag"

One medical professional I sent pictures to thinks it is just a really prominent fordyce spot.

randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my doc took off a very large one onmy bra line. that hurt like a mother. he froze it. said oh this doesnt hurt. it hurt for days...

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The docs that took them off me say the hurt cuz a lot of blood and nerve supply even tho they are tiny

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement