LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Yolanda Foster documents experiment in hyperthermia chamber

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Yolanda Foster documents experiment in hyperthermia chamber
bigstan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigstan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3044023/Yolanda-Foster-documents-experiment-hyperthermia-Instagram-snap-continues-search-Lyme-disease-cure.html

--------------------
HERX is a Four Letter Word!

Posts: 716 | From If you're going through hell, keep going......Winston Churchill | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
My heart really goes out to her & to her family. I hope she finds her way through all this.

She is brave to be so open so that others might come to realize for anyone in their lives with a chronic stealth infection the enormous complexities involved.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I LOVE that she is trying alternative stuff and sharing it with the world! Let's wish her luck! I would think hyperthermia might kill it since lyme hates heat.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im pretty sure dr b told us we would kill ourselves before we would kill bb with heat. That doent address all the cos

There was one thing written about her that seemed sensible but im sorry...most of what shes doing seems like a circus

I feel bad for anyone with lyme...but anyone who has worked with the best lyme docs knows this is not the way to go about it

And i know the lyme docs dont have the answer either and maybe she will magically get better with one of the treatments she is doing

But that will mean she found a cure for her particulr disease...whatever combo of bugs genes she started with, medical and environmental history

I honestly dont know why she is doing this. I think it makes us look like nuts.

If she has money and support why doesnt she start with a good doc and follow thru...it takes years of organized tx...not one doc here another doc there a few weeks or months at a time

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No worries Lp, I hear what you're saying.

There is no one thing that does it. I think it's a combination of things that one has to try to affect or kill lyme, so maybe that's what she's doing. I remember reading that in a book called: The Tick Slayer (keep trying new things).

The author (Fields) tried abx for a month and couldn't handle them, so she used heat (in a weird way but it worked) and I think maybe rife or a zapper (she was vague about the equipment). She did manage to kick lyme to the curb. So it definitely can be done without abx.

Yolanda was on the RHOBH reunion show and said she tried abx but they were not the answer for her, and said that there are more good methods of treating lyme but the fda doesn't approve of them so she travels to different countries to try different things.

This is so true, I know there are people on here having success with different methods.

Anything that anyone does outside of western medicine seems crazy to anyone who has hasn't heard of the benefits of alternative treatments and how they actually do help people. That's just the way it is. I used to think people who did acupuncture were nuts. Here I am today trying whatever I can, whenever I can.

I hear what you're saying though, maybe she didn't try abx long enough. But maybe she did try them long enough to determine they weren't for her, so just as they weren't for the tick slayer, they were not for Yo either. I am not sure she knows about all the co infections though, but hope she has a good doc who knows how to treat them.

There are so many people who have no clue about lyme and company, but at least she understands that she has lyme. Look at Michael J. Fox, the guy said he had lyme years ago and now of course parkinsons, but never did much for treating lyme. If only he knew there was a connection with lyme and just started treating.

Let's face it western medicine sucks when it comes to chronic illness and cannot hold a candle to alternative stuff (that's why I love that Yolanda is doing this). I've heard through lyme docs that abx help maybe half the people that use them, but I imagine it's probably more like 30% (JMO).

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder if hyperthermia triggers Bb to go into a cyst form and if then would be the perfect time to use Tindamax - carefully?

Much like Wildcondor used hyperbaric AND abx.

However...too much die-off too fast = sepsis.

Dangerous - kidney wise esp. - when a lot of protein "garbage" has to be eliminated (Bb and the cells Bb infected).

As with Tamoxifen...monitoring kidneys and liver function is critical. The treatment shouldn't kill the patient.

Posts: 9430 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omg...wildcondor. wow. Time machine

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is an easy to understand link about this treatment...uhm...infrared (!):

http://medical-center-cologne.com/hyperthermia/total-body-hyperthermia/

Total body hyperthermia is not U.S. approved I think.

Genes and hyperthermia - LOOK!

A combination of HSP (heat shock protein) *70* GENE THERAPY + hyperthermia looks to be more effective - read the following closely:

http://tinyurl.com/mxz3uu7

Bottom line (above link):

"Therefore, because HSP70 gene therapy combined with hyperthermia may ***induce both innate and adaptive immunity,*** the precise mechanism should be elucidated (me = make easy to understand) before clinical application of this therapy in humans.

We conclude that this novel approach, using a combination of hsp70 gene therapy and hyperthermia induced using MCLs, may be applicable to patients with advanced malignancies."

MCL = magnetite cationic liposomes

Here too:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12594571

The above therapy looks to be a form of intracellular hypothermia with a T-9 Hsp 70 modified which goes into the cell. Much like vaccine delivery to trigger an immune response.

It appears we react strongly to Hsp60 which may be temperature regulated (up when less than 98.6) and

less to Bb's Hsp70 (up when higher than 98.6 F)

Hsp60 antibodies to fla b (flagella b) cross react with our own proteins.

"B. burgdorferi's flagellin cross-reacts with a

component of

human peripheral nerve axon, previously identified as heat shock protein 60 (HSP60)."

The cross-reacting epitopes are bound by a monoclonal antibody to B. burgdorferi's flagellin, H9724.

Alternate names include oncogene c-Myc antibody.

= attack self protein by triggering an antibody which cross reacts with one of Bb's proteins...leaving Bb's protein intact.

Reminds me of hypercin + yellow laser therapy...send in a target that is activated by very specific lightwaves and toast Bb.

Too much die off too fast, however could -> sepsis.

And some persons genetically unable to deal with "heat" maybe at increased risk of dangerous side effects.

Malignant hyperthermia syndrome...some people don't know they have that gene type. If you have ever had heat stroke or are intolerant of heat or have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis...be careful.

"During hyperthermia the decrease in thyroid function and thyroid scintigraphy studies was proportional to body temperature elevation."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18320209

Several things can impact the MHS - certain anesthesia drugs... -> Rhabdomyolysis -> acute renal failure due to myoglobin.

Rhabdomyolysis = skeletal muscle cell breakdown. CK levels soar. As the cells are broken down, myoglobin does a "number" on the kidneys.

Lipitor + metformin can do the same. Lipitor ALONE is known to sometimes cause rhabdomyolsis.

This commercial (warning of side effects) was brought to you by the makers of...

Posts: 9430 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do hope she gets better. But I don't know if this person is adding any credibility to the Chronic Lyme world. She's not exactly.... Oprah.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

To me it seems like much drama with negative outcome when she hasnt really done the 2-3 year tx with good llmd that is required for chronic

It would be diff er ent if she was seeking tx soon after one tick bite or bullseye

Idont know thecorrect words but Bb requires 5-6 weeks tx cuz of way it reproduces. Thats why best first tx is doxy fir six weeks at correct dose. It gets erlich too.

And there is no mention of coinfections

To me it seems a lot of noise to show lyme is untreatabe

If there was a quick fix for everyone we would know. The would
spread like wildfire

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

The news would spread like wildfire

Sorry about typos

--------------------

Maia_Azure
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maia_Azure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lpkayak:
There was one thing written about her that seemed sensible but im sorry...most of what shes doing seems like a circus

I worry that some of her treaments have made her worse. The primordial stem cells treatments...You'd have to really make sure you were detoxed before you tried that.

Hyperthermia...I just don't know.

I am beginning to think the key to beating lyme is strengthening your immune system. Antibiotics are ok at first, but continued use could really knock out your immune system.

Antibiotic usage could also drive the lyme bacteria deep into hiding and give latent viruses the playground they need to come out and play!

--------------------
Sick since 2000
Bulls eye 2005
Dx Babesia, Lyme 2014

Posts: 247 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eight Legs Bad
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13680

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eight Legs Bad   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good evening ,

When quoting medical papers, it is always good practice to say where the quote comes from.

Your quote re cross-reaction of Borrelial flagella with human neuronal axons, Marnie, actually comes from Dr Leonard Sigal,(see below). Dr Sigal, as many of you will know, is a notorious Denialist of chronic Lyme.

IMHO Dr Sigal's paper on the supposed cross-reacting antibodies (like all his others) is intended to obscure the reality of persistent infection in chronic Lyme Disease, and to cast doubt on the positive diagnosis of thousands of Lyme patients worldwide who had their blood tested at labs such as Bowen Lab, using MAB H974.

Dr Sigal and his fellow Denialists want us to believe that continuing Lyme symptoms are due to so-called autoimmune effects with the bug eradicated, even though a mountain of evidence has already accumulated showing that this infection PERSISTS.

As for hyperthermia, I think people should be aware that depending on the temperature used, hyperthermia treatment can be highly dangerous or even fatal.

When body temperature gets too high, the natural homeostatic mechanisms for cooling us down, such as sweating no longer work. Without immediate steps to reverse the rise in temperature, we die.

Hyperthermia is the medical name for a more common term which most of you will be familiar with: heatstroke. Heatstroke is a fatal condition.

Why is anyone using this treatment? Because at the beginning of the 20th century, when there were no antibiotics in existence and doctors faced with syphilis had virtually nothing in their arsenal, some doctors discovered that some patients with syphilis seemed to improve after they deliberately gave them a bout of malaria which raised their temperatures sky-high.

Some of them were killed by the malaria or by the fever. Of those that survived, some found their syphilis improved.

Syphilis is a spirochaete like Lyme is; however human syphilis is not acquired by birds, whereas birds form a major part of the ecology of Lyme transmission. Birds have a very high body temperature, so any microbe infecting them must be resistant to that high temperature by definition.

"@1. Mean levels of body temperatures (Tb) for all birds are (resting/active phase/high activity) 38.54 ± 0.96 (N = 203), 41.02 ± 1.29 (N = 724) and 43.85 ± 0.94°C (N = 74).
Body temperature in birds
R Prinzinger, A Preßmar, E Schleucher
Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology Part A: Physiology
Volume 99, Issue 4, 1991, Pages 499–506@

If you expose a human to those temperature you KILL him.

Borrelia garinii (highly neurotropic species prevalent throughout Europe and now, it seems, in US too) is very notoriously avian-transmitted.

Elena Cook

www.elenacook.org

Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2001 Oct;21(5):477-95.
H9724, a monoclonal antibody to Borrelia burgdorferi's flagellin, binds to heat shock protein 60 (HSP60) within live neuroblastoma cells: a potential role for HSP60 in peptide hormone signaling and in an autoimmune pathogenesis of the neuropathy of Lyme disease.
Sigal LH1, Williams S, Soltys B, Gupta R.
Author information

--------------------
Justice will be ours.

Posts: 786 | From UK | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Burrascano requires the patient to strengthen their immune system while treating lyme and cos. He says to do it by doing a 1 continuous hour program of light weightlifting--a full body workout--every other day.

This is how I got rid of lyme and cos.

There is no way around it. If you don't strengthen your immune system, you will NOT get rid of lyme. My Burrascano-type doc told me that at the first visit.

I believed him and obeyed. It worked just like Burrascano said.

I believe this part of the protocol is left out so many times, leading to "antibiotic failure" as you might call it. But, really, it is due to patient failing to do the workout required to boost the immune system.

Antibiotics can only do so much. I hope everybody with lyme takes this to heart.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weight lifting and exercise is a big part. Yoga is helpful but should not be done unless your body can REALLY take it. I do yoga once/week and it's great.

TF is right. ABX will only go so far.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AND, don't do anything that weakens your immune system. No alcohol, no smoking, no aerobic exercise, no steroids, etc.
Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement