LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Anyone on the full Buhner protocol - incl. co-infections?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone on the full Buhner protocol - incl. co-infections?
Nula
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there anyone out there who is on the FULL Buhner protocol for Lyme and co-infections?

I don't mean the (now somewhat outdated) protocol from his "Healing Lyme" book (published in 2005).

I am referring to the protocols in the following two books:

--Healing Lyme Disease Coinfections: Complementary and Holistic Treatments for Bartonella and Mycoplasma (May 2013)

--Natural Treatments for Lyme Coinfections: Anaplasma, Babesia, and Ehrlichia (February 2015)

I realize that lots of people have tried various herbs mentioned in his books, but I'd love to talk to patients who have actually done the full protocols listed in those two books.

--------------------
I appreciate all your replies. If it takes me a while to respond, it is either because I'm too sick or because I am unable to log in. From European servers, Lymenet is very frequently inaccessible for days at a time ...

Posts: 235 | From Europe | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SacredHeart
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SacredHeart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to know too. Keep this thread alive folks.

--------------------
Lyme flare June, July, August of 2013. Diagnosed September 2014 Lyme, Bartonella, Mycoplasma, Mono

Posts: 595 | From Texas Crossroads | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've used Buhner herbs, but not what Nula is asking about .... I used the book Healing Lyme.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a yahoo discussion group anyone can join, called fightinglymewithbuhner.

His website is buhnerhealinglyme.com -

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SacredHeart
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SacredHeart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robin have you heard many success stories with burner?

--------------------
Lyme flare June, July, August of 2013. Diagnosed September 2014 Lyme, Bartonella, Mycoplasma, Mono

Posts: 595 | From Texas Crossroads | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nula
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your responses :-)

sixgoofykids,

Which herbs did you use? Did they work for you?

--------------------
I appreciate all your replies. If it takes me a while to respond, it is either because I'm too sick or because I am unable to log in. From European servers, Lymenet is very frequently inaccessible for days at a time ...

Posts: 235 | From Europe | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nula
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38409

Is there really no one who used the full protocols? Wow ...

These books are ground-breaking in my opinion. A scientific treasure trove.

I'll definitely give the protocols a shot...

--------------------

Nula
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38409

Robin,

I've tried joining that group. I keep getting an error message. Anyone know how to join?

--------------------

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nula:
Thanks for your responses :-)

sixgoofykids,

Which herbs did you use? Did they work for you?

It's been a long time, but I believe it was the full protocol from Healing Lyme.

Nothing got me all the way well until I did photon treatment. Then I was able to address all the secondary problems to do with Lyme Diseaes and truly get well.

So no, the herbs didn't work for me. They did work better than the Cowden protocol, I did the full six months of that one.

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nula
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38409

Thanks for letting me know, sixgoofykids. So glad to hear you're better ... Did you have Babesia (blood test or clinical diagnosis)?

----

Is there truly no one out there who has done the entire Buhner Bartonella protocol (from his 2013 book) and the entire Babesia protocol (from his 2015 book) ....?

I'm totally baffled. I would have thought there are tons of people on these two protocols. Maybe even the Mycoplasma one ....

--------------------

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

I had babesia. Clinical diagnosis, not that it matters as there are many strains they don't test for. Drastic declines whenever I was taken off high doses of Mepron.

I think most people take parts of various protocols, so that might be why you're having trouble finding someone. [Smile]

--------------------

Nula
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38409

quote:
I think most people take parts of various protocols,
Yes, I agree. I wonder if it wouldn't make more sense to commit fully to one protocol?

Well, now ... I'll be the guinea pig for Buhner's Babesia/Bartonella protocols. [Smile] I'm working on getting all necessary herbs and will be doing both protocols.

--------------------

ukcarry
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the reasons you haven't got many responses is probably that Healing Lyme was written a long time before his current recommendations for the coinfections.

Like many others, I did follow the core protocol for about a year. On its own and alongside antibiotics. I did take some of his coinfection suggestions for part of that time.

I have the utmost respect for SB, but didn't make clear improvements. Later I did follow the whole Cowden protocol, but that didn't help either.

That may have more to do with my own individual health situation that the protocols as such.

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rowingmom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 41213

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rowingmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter and I are using the full bartonella protocol (minus l-arginine), along with CSA, red root and Danshen for babesia. I have also added ginger, turmeric and rhodiola tinctures.

We take probiotics, sauerkraut, kefir, methylated B vitamins, chelated minerals, American ginseng extract and low doses (MWF)of astragalus.

Organic food following Wahls/PerfectHealth Diet. Pesticides and antibiotics in food destroy beneficial gut bacteria which are an important part of the immune system.

We have decreased EMF exposure by wiring the computer, wiring the home phone, installing Stetzer filters, turning off electric circuits at night.

This protocol has been nothing short of miraculous for us. Our daughter was weaned from bartonella abx treatment after 2 years having gained 80% improvement. Initiation of Buhner's bartonella protocol kept her at 80% for 8 months, and then the addition of the babesia herbs brought her to 100%.

I have treated myself for the same infections (clinically diagnosed but untreated with abx by our LLMD) and have recovered from my many symptoms as well.

Here is the timeline for K:

DD13 - Born 2001 with light/sound/touch sensitivity. Loss of speech/fine motor ability 2 weeks after 15 month MMR vaccination.

2004 - Dx ADHD, sensory disorder (light, sound, touch), motor delay (with toe-walking), hypotonia, oral apraxia.

2008 - MMR booster and insect bite (bruise-like rash) - motor/vocal tics, emotional lability (including rage), age regressive behaviour, low level OCD, urinary frequency, diminished fine motor ability, insomnia, loss of executive function. Waxed and waned with strep/viral infections.

2010 - Dx ADHD, Tourettes, Aspergers, motor delay, probable PANDAS.

Jan 2011 - shin/forearm pain, cyclic IBS, foot (sole) pain, dizziness, palpitations, chest pain, anxiety/panic attacks, pick-like skull pain, pain and stiffness at base of skull, tingling in extremeties, chills and hot flashes, extreme fatigue, nightly fever.

June 2011 - Igenex PCR positive bartonella, Negative ELISA, Negative lyme (IND IgM kDa 41; IND IgG kDa 39, 34. kDa 41++). CD57 18. Positive ANA (speckled type), heterozygous A1298C MTHFR. Multiple Abx, methyl B12, methylfolate, P-5-P, herbal, homeopathic treatment with LLMD.

Jan 2013 - Bartonella IgG titers declined from 160 (Jun 2011) to 80. CD57 16.

April 2013 - Weaned from abx treatment at 80% improvement. Continued with Full Buhner bartonella herbal protocol, Terry Wahls/PerfectHealthDiet gf/cf/sf diet. Minimizing EMF exposure.

Sept 2013 - CD57 45.

Oct 2013 - All symptoms (PANS and pain/fatigue) 95% resolved. No flares with viral or other infections. Herxing remains with changes in herbal protocols.

Nov 2013 - Clinical babesia diagnosis. Improvement to 98% with addition of Buhner herbal protozoan treatment.

Dec 2013 - ANA titers negative. PANS symptoms resolved. Regular classroom requiring no accommodations. B+/A student.

Mar 2014 - Continued improvement in cognitive/executive function with increased dosages of cryptolepis/sida/alchornea (CSA) tincture.

Sept 2014 - Continued improvement with the addition of red root. Resolution of EMF sensitivities with low dose cilantro tincture and diatomaceous earth. 99%

March 2015 - Addition of rhodiola. 100%.

--------------------
13 yo DX PANS/Tourette's/Asperger's/ADHD treated for Igenex positive bartonella/IND lyme with 2 years of abx treatment. Weaned off abx April 2013 at 80% improvement. Continuing with Buhner bartonella/babesia protocols. Aug 2014 99% improvement.

Posts: 265 | From Canada, Ontario | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rowing mom, my Gosh, what a beautiful story.

I hope she will continue thriving. How is her ADHD now? Is she following school without drugs?

Two of my nephews are diagnosed with ADHD, sorry for asking you about that, but I do worry about them, that is why I would like to know...

Are you still vaccinating her?

How about allergies? Is she fine with them?

And what about face (skin) color: is she like a China doll (white skin)? I'm asking that due to the KPU. Most children like yours have that zinc problem (my daughter had it...)

Wonderful that chelation did solve her EMF sensitivities.

We are MUCH better there, but I can't say 100% better as I can still feel 'wired' if I get long EMF exposures for more than 4 hours.... I even get headaches, which is rare for me.

What a mother you are.

Congratulations for the whole family, to keep treating her!!! She is a lucky girl!!

And great that Buhner's herbs have been so helpful. I also did the first Healing Lyme protocol, practically full. It did help for borrelia, but NOT for coinfections.

Now I'm lyme free, so no need to treat coinfections, but I also keep wondering if his further protocols work. I hope so, buhner's a wonderful researcher.

Sorry to pull the thread away from main topic, but Rowingmom's story sounded sooo amazing, that it deserves to be pointed out!

If such 'weaker' kids can succeed on healing lyme and getting their lives back, certainly many kids can!! Congratulations REALLY!!!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rowingmom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 41213

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rowingmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@ Brussels - K is now neurotypical. Her pediatric psychologist has withdrawn her diagnoses of ADHD, Asperger's and Tourette's. Although K had difficulties with Tourette's and ADHD, I never treated her with drugs.

She was accommodated from grades K though 6 with headphones (to deaden noise) and sat behind a screen to complete work (to lessen visual distraction). She had an EA who help bring her back to task and who would accompany her to the washroom because she would get so destracted that she would forget to go back to class. She was also accommodated by only having to write partial tests and assignments. Writing a full test in grade 4 took up most of the day and some of the next.

Throughout this time I worked with her in the evenings - introducing the concepts that would be taken up by the teacher the next day - especially in math, because her ability to focus in the classroom was pretty much nil.

Her Tourette's flared badly while she was undergoing treatment, and with daily charting of protocol vs symptoms it was easy to see that her motor/vocal ticcing was the result of toxin buildup. For a while in grade 6 she couldn't read because of severe head/eye rolling and had trouble speaking because of vocals.

However, since Nov 2013 (grade 7) when we got Buhner's bart protocol up and going and then added CSA for babesia, the ticcing had been at a low level only (she ticced a little, perhaps unnoticeable by many people, and had to tic if I mentioned it). Now even the suggestibility is gone.

Her report card this year was B+s and A's. Totally unaccommodated. I no long have to homeschool before class because she is able to pick up new concepts as well as, or better than her peers. She can now work though any amount of noise or visual distraction.

We are no longer vaccinating. We are Canadian and I was able to take out an exemption for her in grade 6, although she is pretty much up to date on everything. She didn't do the HPV series.

Allergies have never been a problem for her which has been fortunate. They are so hard to track down.

After taking your suggestion on increasing zinc dosage her skin color is now pretty normal. She doesn't have the heavy dark circles under her eyes any more either. We are supplementing daily with chelated minerals and an additional 15 mg of zinc.

K's school initiated wireless last year and she was pretty impacted by it (headache, fatigue, some palpitations). Especially in the winter if they were unable to go outside at recess/lunch. But the cilantro/DE has done wonders in reducing her reactions. We are pretty much wifi free at home now.

We continue with low doses of the herbs and supplements, but we aren't using any pharmaceuticals.

--------------------
13 yo DX PANS/Tourette's/Asperger's/ADHD treated for Igenex positive bartonella/IND lyme with 2 years of abx treatment. Weaned off abx April 2013 at 80% improvement. Continuing with Buhner bartonella/babesia protocols. Aug 2014 99% improvement.

Posts: 265 | From Canada, Ontario | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome Rowingmom!!!

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rowing mom, this is so wonderful that all is going so well, and that you were able to reverse her symptoms.

Pharmaceuticals cannot reverse such symptoms, I don't believe so. They are not made to be weaned, but to enslave people forever.

And how smart she is, and how hard must have been for her to be having so many concentration problems.

Now that she is back to being her REAL self, watch out, school peers!!

Does she practice sports or music? I find they help with concentration and coordination, both of brain and body.

Vaccination end, that is also great.

How does she fare with MMS?? I find it is an amazing warranty, just in case something nasty comes...

wonderful she can take zinc. We had pretty rough times with it.

Her example is amazing. Full lyme disease, full coinfections, very affected by vaccination toxins and heavy metals and who knows what, ADHD, tourette's, everything (just missing the massive food allergies and allergies to make your life a deeper hell), and see now, medically considered healthy (no more ADHD).

No drugs, only herbs. It's a wonderful reason to commemorate. All your efforts, being paid back.

When I see my daughter, swimming in the big Lake of Konstanz, going to school by train and bike, playing amazing stuff on the piano (grade 9 or 10 pieces), she's not the best in school but she's pretty good, learning Latin 4x week...

I mean, during lyme, she couldn't even walk sometimes.

These kids have so much energy and will to live.
They do deserve to live their lives. See how they blossom, once infections, toxins, electrosmog are treated!

Thanks Buhner, dr. K, and all these wonderful people who do research and propose alternative treatments for our kids.

Congrats again! A hug from my daughter to her! She loves listening to success stories. She's 11 years old, almost like yours. Had lyme since the age of 1! Not anymore.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nula
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38409

rowingmom,

Thank you SO much for your reply! I would have responded sooner but have been unable to access the site.

What a wonderful, uplifting story. So happy to hear that your daughter is doing so well. May I send you a PM some time re: Buhner protocol?

I've just started his new Babesia protocol (I don't have all the herbs yet, so I'm easing into it).

Brussels - another success story, you and your daughter. I love hearing when kids get better. It's such a horrible disease for anyone, but especially for the little ones.

--------------------

Nula
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38409

ukcarry,

Have you considered trying Buhner's new protocols for Bartonella and Babesia?

His latest suggestions for the treatment of co-infections are ground-breaking, in my opinion, and differ a lot from his original treatment plans in his 2005 book "Healing Lyme" ...

--------------------

CherylSue
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
interesting info
Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement