LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » BREAKING NEWS ON MONOLAURIN-LAURICIDIN!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS ON MONOLAURIN-LAURICIDIN!!
WakeUp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9977

Icon 10 posted      Profile for WakeUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Smile] BREAKING NEWS ON LAURICIDIN!! [Smile]

A pubmed peer reviewed study published in the Journal of Applied Microbiology JUST 2 WEEKS AGO --- shows that Monolaurin (Lauricidin is a brand name) is effective against Lyme biofilm, roundforms and spirochetes in vitro!!

(I guess I better remember to take my 3 scoops of monolaurin per day... I was just taking one scoop, but still think it helps.) Monolaurin has been shown to be helpful in Alzheimers-- and thanks to Dr. MacDonald, we now know that Alzheimers is just spirochete biofilm inside Amyloid plaque.

This article also shows that a thing called Baicalein kills all three forms of Borrelia also-- but what is it? (Its a Japanese Herbal that I have never heard of before)

Peer Review Science:
In vitro evaluation of antibacterial activity of phytochemicals and micronutrients against Borrelia burgdorferi and Borrelia garinii, by Goc A1, Niedzwiecki A1, Rath M1.
LINK: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26457476

Abstract
AIMS:
"Little is known about the effects of phytochemicals against Borrelia sp. causing Lyme disease. Current therapeutic approach to this disease is limited to antibiotics. This study examined the anti-borreliaea efficacy of several plant-derived compounds and micronutrients.

METHODS AND RESULTS:
We tested the efficacy of 15 phytochemicals and micronutrients against three morphological forms of Borrelia burgdoferi and Borrelia garinii: spirochetes, latent rounded forms and biofilm. The results showed that the most potent substances against the spirochete and rounded forms of Borrelia burgdorferi and Borrelia garinii were cis-2-decenoic acid, baicalein, monolaurin, and kelp (iodine); whereas, only baicalein and monolaurin revealed significant activity against the biofilm. Moreover, cis-2-decenoic acid, baicalein, and monolaurin did not cause statistically significant cytotoxicity to human HepG2 cells up to 125 μg ml-1 , and kelp up to 20 μg ml-1 .
CONCLUSIONS:
The most effective antimicrobial compounds against all morphological forms of the two tested Borrelia sp. were baicalein and monolaurin. This might indicate that the presence of fatty acid and phenyl groups is important for comprehensive antibacterial activity.

SIGNIFICANCE AND IMPACT OF THE STUDY:
This study reveals the potential of phytochemicals as an important tool in the fight against the species of Borrelia causing Lyme disease." [hi] [hi] [hi] [hi] [Smile]

Posts: 696 | From New York | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eight Legs Bad
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13680

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eight Legs Bad   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fascinating info, thank you.

Monolaurin/lauricidin is derived from coconut oil. I have used coconut oil for years as a hair conditioner and moisturiser, and my Lyme has been milder than the majority of chronic Lyme patients that I know.

Not that my one case necessarily means anything, but it's interesting that there are many anecdotal cases of coconut oil helping people with Alzheimer's.

We now know for sure that Borrelia biofilms are a cause of at least a proportion of Alzheimer's cases - maybe a very high one.

See www.spirodementia.wordpress.com for Dr MacDonald's latest findings re this.

Elena

--------------------
Justice will be ours.

Posts: 786 | From UK | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WakeUp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WakeUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eight Legs Bad:
Fascinating info, thank you.

Monolaurin/lauricidin is derived from coconut oil. I have used coconut oil for years as a hair conditioner and moisturiser, and my Lyme has been milder than the majority of chronic Lyme patients that I know.

Not that my one case necessarily means anything, but it's interesting that there are many anecdotal cases of coconut oil helping people with Alzheimer's.

We now know for sure that Borrelia biofilms are a cause of at least a proportion of Alzheimer's cases - maybe a very high one.

See www.spirodementia.wordpress.com for Dr MacDonald's latest findings re this.

Elena

Yep-- the Alzheimers connection to spirochete biofilm now means that we Lyme patients -- from mild to severe cases---have run out of time to waste.

We don't have the luxury of doing anything other than banding together to finance our own treatment research. Since researching (and approving) drugs is too expensive-- we must begin testing thousands of tropical plant compounds against all three morphologies of borrelia, in vitro in an organized way.

Elena---would you have any idea about roughly how much it costs to test one compound against borrealia biofilm, cysts and live spirochetes? Do you think Dr. MacDonald might be able to tell us what the cost would be?

This study on monolaurin and borrelia was done by the "Dr. Rath Institute" perhaps they could be hired to test more compounds?

And thanks for the tip on the coconut oil for skin--- Im going to try using just coconut oil on my skin-- since I have developed mild Morgellons over the last 5 years-- on top of the Lyme!! Sapi believes that Morgellons may be a genetic fusion of Lyme and the Bovine digital dermatitis spirochete.

It does seem like a lot of chimeras are happening-- which is frightening. This is related to either the presence of agrobacterium(a plant virus used in genetic engineering which occasionally infects humans) or of bartonella, which can facilitate horizontal gene transfer. When these bugs are together in a biofilm complex it is a witches brew... this is why I have included so many compounds that inhibit quorum sensing/biofilm on my other thread -- Spirochaeticidal Compounds..

Posts: 696 | From New York | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
S13
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for S13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buhner uses Chinese Skullcap in some of his protocols. Baicalein is one of the components of Scutellaria baicalensis a.k.a. Chinese Skullcap.

Baicalein has good anti candida properties as well:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19734718

Though Buhner seems to use it primarily as an antiviral.

So perhaps chinese skullcap is an excellent addition to lyme/candida treatment protocols?

Posts: 355 | From The Netherlands | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement