LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Diflucan & Back Pain??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Diflucan & Back Pain??
momintexas
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 23391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momintexas   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today is day 2 for me on Diflucan.

I have a monster of a headache and the middle of my upper back hurts a lot.

I can't get comfortable.

Has anyone else experienced this when taking Diflucan?

It feels like the upper back pain I had before I had my gallbladder out.

Thank you for any suggestions or thoughts.

Posts: 1408 | From Tx | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not me.

Could it be that you are not detoxing enough so all the dead candida is causing this?

Try drinking lots and lots of water with fresh lemons squeezed into it. Better than that is Alka Seltzer Gold 3 times per day with lemon or lime squeezed into it.

You may have to call around to various drug stores to find the AS Gold.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow.. what dosage?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 94693 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lookup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was given Diflucan one time and it felt like it

gave me spinal cord irritation and a furry (ugh)

tongue with a metal taste. I think the Dr,

that gave it to me was getting kickbacks as I did

not think I needed it and then when I was talking

to my friends, who also went to this doc, the

doc had put them all on Diflucan too! (this was in

Germany in a little village)

Posts: 764 | From Northwest | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluelyme
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is your liver protection?...diflucan is a flouride drug thanks 22... .bile and dieoff all effect liver pathways ..diflucan can have effect on lyme too

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1538 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momintexas
Member # 23391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momintexas   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would it really start killing off candida this fast?

I'm on 150mg a day. I'm a chicken (due to bad side effects last time I had to take this), and yesterday (day 1), I cut the pill in half and then into quarters.

I took 1/4 in the morning, 1/4 in the afternoon and the other half last night. This morning I took 1/2 pill and then started to feel bad about 2 hours later.

It's gotten worse as the day has gone on. Chills, headache, upset stomach, etc.

I've been drinking lemon water all day - that usually helps, but not today so far.

Diflucan is the only thing I'm on right now. I guess I need to add some milk thistle?

Posts: 1408 | From Tx | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yes... I would say it works quickly.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 94693 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Each time I got yeast, my lyme doc would give me 3 days of Diflucan. So, based on that, I would say that it kills yeast very quickly.

The 3 days was always enough for me. I don't know the dosage.

It is one dose when given for a vaginal yeast infection. The instructions always say that it continues working for days after you take the one pill.

See this webpage on Diflucan:

https://www.drugs.com/diflucan.html

It says that upset stomach is a common side effect. It says to call your doctor if you get chills and body aches.

If the headache is accompanied by chest pain, severe dizziness or pounding heartbeat, you are to call your doctor.

Gyn dose is one 150 mg pill. And, it says on the container "In U.S. studies of fluconazole, the most common side effects were headache, nausea, and abdominal pain. Most reported side effects were mild to moderate in nature."

So, if you have having moderate side effects, that is considered typical!

Since you suffered bad side effects the last time you took Diflucan, it sounds like you are having the same problem this time. Maybe call the doc and see if you should continue.

If you are willing to continue, then just put up with it and detox as much as you can.

Did the package insert say NOT to cut or smash the pill? If so, it could be that your cutting up of the pill is not a good thing and may have affected how it acted in your body.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

This webpage says that diflucan peaks (highest level it attains in your blood) within 1 to 2 hours of taking it if you are fasting when you take it. So, it would likely be 3 hours if you are not fasting when you take it. That is very fast action.

http://www.rxlist.com/diflucan-drug/clinical-pharmacology.htm

Also, the average half-life is 30 hours. That means that half of the Diflucan is gone from your body in 30 hours. In another 30 hours, another half is gone (meaning 3/4 of the drug is gone--1/2 plus 1/2 of 1/2)

So, this med is going to stay in your body and even build up a little every day that you continue to take it. In some people, it takes 50 hours to get rid of half the diflucan in their blood. (That is 2 days!)

So, expect it to take you at least 2 days to start getting rid of the diflucan once you stop it.

momintexas
Member # 23391

Thanks TF.

I knew about the common side effects, but was surprised by the upper back pain.

When I picked up the rx, I asked about cutting the pill and spacing it out and she said if my Dr was alright with it, it should be fine.

I had forgotten about liver support. I need to drink more water too and detox.

Thank you very much for your response. [Smile]

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take it with food.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Diflucan is a fluorinated Rx. That might be a link to consider / mitigate in some way.

A post by LymeToo a couple weeks ago, led to all this:

http://www.slweb.org/ftrc.html

FLUORIDE Toxicity Research Collaborative -- Second Look’s increasing focus on the toxicity of

fluorides and fluorine

compounds and related health effects is largely the result of fluoride's ongoing “invisibility”. . . .

http://www.slweb.org/ftrcfluorinatedpharm.html

Index of Fluorinated Pharmaceuticals
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=030792;p=0

LIVER & KIDNEY SUPPORT & and several HERXHEIMER support links, too.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momintexas
Member # 23391

Thank you Keebler - you are always such a great help.

I had forgotten about the kidney & liver support links - definitely worth rereading.

I missed LymeToo's post about Flouride Toxicity - I've actually never heard of it.

I will go check it out. Thank you for your help!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement