LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Biomat

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Biomat
WPinVA
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the chance to try a biomat a couple of times while on vacation. I'm strongly considering buying one.

Does anyone have an opinion on where to buy? Reputable and cost-effective? I found a link to a vendor on Better Health Guy's website so I'm looking at that but am open to options.

Also would love to hear feedback on the biomat. I could tell it was doing *something.* I did my first session at the highest temp and halfway through my asthma symptoms cleared up. Afterwards, I felt calmer and I also had more energy the next day.

The second session, I did at a lower temp and it didn't do quite as much. But it did relieve a sore lower back.

Overall I was very impressed. I feel like this could be very good for me. Wishful thinking? Would love opinions.

Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SLH516
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48060

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLH516     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It'll be the same price no matter where you buy it. They say that on the main website. Of course, I had to google around anyway, but they were indeed all the same price. ;-)
Posts: 112 | From USA | Registered: May 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Read about Lymenet users who have been helped by using a biomat:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=133410;p=0#000000

A Lyme patient himself, "BetterHealthGuy" wrote an article in his newsletter about his experience using a biomat:

http://www.betterhealthguy.com/biomat

This is the one we purchased (we are not affiliated with this product in any way). Scroll down to the reviews and you will see why many are recommending FIR biomats:

http://www.amazon.com/Infrared-Amethyst-Crystal-Radiant-Therapy/dp/B011Q04ZVW/ref=sr_1_1_s_it?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1459450580&sr=1-1&keywords=biomat+amethyst

Btw - it also comes in a large size which enables users to put it on their beds.

Posts: 8841 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've done both biomat and FIR tent.

It took me twice as long to break a sweat on the biomat - ie, one hour, as I was wrapped in a sleeping bag on it. And it worked - weekly sweat sessions on it stopped my chem sensivity in 6 months time, as I had sweated out enough toxins.

It's different than a tent - the biomat also has other things in it, like amethyst, I think, which makes for a very relaxing, restful time on it for many. I wasn't using it for that.

Then the tent, I can sweat in around a half hour, as I am sitting in it with full access to heat. But it doesn't come with any of the extras, like the biomat does.

So I guess do your research and decide what you want from FIR - a quicker sweat session or more of the extra benefits that come with the mat.

Posts: 13049 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks! I ordered one. I'm excited!
Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
qkcam
Member # 45133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for qkcam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi
wondering if anyone has or is using a biomat and have had success. also what protocol with it did you follow?
i am trying one on a 60day trial period and found it is off gassing.

is this normal?
thanks
cb

Posts: 34 | From california | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Member # 33581

I did end up buying one shortly after I started this post. I like it. I can't say that it's been a magic pill or a life changer. I can say that it seems to be a good adjunct.

I don't do a specific protocol with it. Sometimes I use it on high to detox and sometimes a lower temp.

As compared to a sauna, I sweat more in the sauna. After being on the biomat, I usually feel kind of woozy, like you would feel after a massage. I take that to mean that it is increasing circulation, stirring things up.

I am very sensitive to smells. At first, I noticed it had a slight scent to it. Not chemically, more like a light perfume. Usually that type of thing would bother me a lot; somehow it didn't. It faded over time. Maybe you could put it outdoors in the sun to air out.

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wrote my story above. I wrapped myself in a sleeping bag in order to sweat on the biomat. It took an hour and I listened to an hourlong CD!

I sweat in half the time in a sauna tent.

Posts: 13049 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't like how I felt after trying it. My head hurt but maybe it was detoxing. I think that the amethyst might have something to do with the woozy feeling (negative ions).

I haven't been able to handle negative ions in the past (haven't tried lately). It was too much detox for my head. Or it could have been moving metals. If it was moving metals I don't want them in my head. So we got a sauna instead and both love it.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement