LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Mepron and Babesia anyone?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mepron and Babesia anyone?
foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxy loxy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess I am hoping for hope... uh oh....?

I started a heavy Babesia treatment as I keep popping up with air hunger and mild night sweats.
I started about umm four months ago?

After about a month in I def. had an increase in symptoms, and after about three months I had a really good week! (but this was after I didn't take mepron for a while as the medicine company was aghast that I was taking twice the recommended amount. (didn't want to pay for THAT)

Sooo for about a month I took only one teaspoon of Mepron twice a day. THEN....

Oddly enough the company sends me the right amount again. Sooo I took it. Now two weeks later, I feel back to baseline again. knees ache, air hunger... neuro head sensations.... [Frown] only night sweats seem better.

WHHHHHHEN will this eeeeeend??? I am back to seizure like sensations at night and foggy head and

UGH if Wal-Mart would sell new heads? I would be the first buyer... and I wouldn't care WHAT it looked like!

My question is... am I running down a rabbit trail? Everywhere I read people act like they start feeling better after three or so months. My progress feels so minimal if at all!

I am taking artimisinin 1,600mg daily for three days then four days off. I am taking cryptolepis and mepron two teaspoons twice daily and clindamycin 500 four times daily. and mHBOT for two hours daily.

How long does babesia treatment take before there :confused are steady results???

any advice? HOPE? UGHHHHHHHH! [confused]

[ 11-29-2016, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: foxy loxy ]

Posts: 477 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Foxy,

Sounds like the doses are kicking the Babesia faster than you can clear out the toxins. That said...

I want you to remember the "really good week" for now. That feeling will come again! It will.

Otherwise, I pronounce you normal. Even with that funny new Walmart head!

[lol]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
spinning122
Member # 42223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for spinning122     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awww Foxy ;( Hate to hear that you're struggling with Babesia treatment...

Are you sure you're not whacking at it way too hard? It sounds like you are on so much stuff and long hours in the chamber.. I wonder if you would feel better if you tapered off some stuff or took a little break to let your body catch up...

Have you tried IV Ozone (MAHT) before? I found great relief from it and it honestly pulled me out of Babesia (and all other infections) hell back when that fire disaster sent my health in a downward spiral 6 months ago..

I'm sorry I can't be of more help but i am sending super hugs and prayers! Feel better soon my dear! [kiss]

Posts: 96 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
me
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 45475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear this, Foxy. I, too, am having a rough time with babesia. My babesia symptoms greatly improved, but began creeping back (my LLMD thinks I started developing a resistance to the treatment I was on). I feel your pain. [Frown] . I've been treating lyme, babesia, and Bart for about a year and a month.

Better days will come again. I know it's hard to think that during a rough time, but they will come. I battle the same process myself. Hugs!!

--------------------
Just sharing my experiences, opinions, and what I've read and learned. Not medical advice.

Posts: 1431 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know absolutely nothing about this "chamber", but was curious...

Spinning said... "It sounds like you are on so much stuff and long hours in the chamber."

Could the chamber being used along with Babesia treatment be causing a problem?

Since no Co-Q-10 is allowed while treating Babesia (O2 enhancer), could/should the O2 in the chamber be something that would be needed or desired at this time?

Inquiring minds want to know....

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxy loxy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Me, and Spinning are you doing some better?

Tincup, you gave a nice reassurance and then pulled the rug back out from under my again! [Wink] (she goes skittering)

Oh dear, I have no idea about the 02 enhancer idea. I cannot tell directly if the chamber has made a difference or not, but I am able to be off lyme meds.

My Dr. and Phoiph declare the chamber doesn't increase babesia, But my Dr. does say the chamber is ineffective for babesia???????

I actually have been wondering about the chamber. I WISH I knew for CERTAIN what is does to babesia.

Maybe I should ask my Dr. It just seems like I am swallowing a ton of malaria meds with slooooooow results.

Posts: 477 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
me
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 45475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Foxy, How weird. My LLMD says mHBOT doesn't hit the babesia either. My babesia (and everything
else) got worse after I started the chamber, but it's my own fault bc I went up on time waaaayy to quickly. People warned me against it, but I just want it all over now! I stopped the chamber for now.

I'm also on tons of anti-malarial stuff. I used to ask myself which tastes worse, mepron or cryptolepis? I've decided cryptolepis. Sorry for going off on a tangeant here.

I wonder if we see the same LLMD? Is your LLMD Dr. J in MD? If so, he's awesome!

--------------------
Just sharing my experiences, opinions, and what I've read and learned. Not medical advice.

Posts: 1431 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Yes Me, I do think we see the same dr. I like him too. Yes, I too got worse on the chamber and I backed off and took it much slower.

The only creepy thing is... COULD the chamber possibly make babesia worse for some people? It seems like my babs sllooowly flared after starting the chamber? (developed air hunger and fatigue)

Or is it like whackamole where you put down the lyme and the babs surfaces?

Man, I wish I knew. I am tempted to quit the chamber a week again and see what happens. Last month I did that for vacation and I felt much better that week!

I really don't mind the taste of mepron or the crypto but now mind I wouldn't want a smoothie flavored like either one!

Tincup
Member # 5829

Fox said... "The only creepy thing is... COULD the chamber possibly make babesia worse for some people?"

I am asking some folks because I've heard others say that too. Got me curious. Will let you know if I hear anything.

In the meantime, feel better you two!

[group hug]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

Oh, and the wack-a-mole theory is absolutely correct. That is exactly what happens.

Sucks, doesn't it?

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

gz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the whack-a-mole idea is what it is too. My babs flares with a mind of its own but the sx are most pronounced when everything else is feeling manageable.

Maybe this is a good thing since the babs is "out" and possibly more susceptible to proper treatment?

Hi me, I completely agree, crypto tastes way worse than mepron [lol]

Posts: 474 | From US | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Thanks gz for the comfort! I certainly hope this is the case!

I just can't believe that four months later I still have pretty bad air hunger! I mean... maybe the head symptoms are from something else, but SURELY the air hunger should be better? shouldn't it???????????????????????????????????????? man I wanna know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the research tincup! I would be interested to know what you find out! Your awesome...

Me, I do hope the babesia meds help you! Slay those buggers with mepron and crypto!

Tincup
Member # 5829

Hey foxy- getting some excellent responses form experts in the field.

Will wait till they stop coming in, then will try to summarize the info and share it. May take a couple of days (or longer).

May I ask, are headaches part of the worsening?

I don't know Hbot at all, and am getting advanced answers to sort though, so trying to fit the pieces together here.

Also, I don't understand the numbers being shared, so can you let me know...

Are you using what could be described as a low, medium or high strength of 02?

And if by chance I sound stupid asking these things, please know I do it on purpose as part of your Friday night entertainment package. No extra charge. HA!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

k84
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for k84     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've knowingly fought Babesia Duncani for 3 years+ after a Igenex positive of 1280 (I believe anything over 160 is positive). Probably had it since 2003-ish.

I hate to say this, but I've not found a magic cure yet. Lots of Mepron, Malarone, alenia, etc. If anything Malarone made it flare up and once it was out of the box I couldn't get it back in the box contained.

The most helpful was a heavy dose of Bactrim (repeat heavy dose). On it for 7 months, and started to feel more normal. Quit the Bactrim due to gut issues and within two weeks the shortness of breath and dizzy came back.

Posts: 104 | From Rural Michigan | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Oh dear k84! I really had no idea how serious Babesia is!! I always assumes it was a mild infection that went away with treatment.

As this disease goes on, I see I was wrong. It is so frustrating that there isn't many meds for this.

UGH. Why do I have this feeling that I will be battling this forever?

In the very beginning of my illness,(five years ago) I was on Bactrim for probably a year or more. It never helped my head symptoms, but I didn't have the air hunger I do now. hmmmm Maybe I should try it again!

The worst part is that is makes a grey scum on the inside of your teeth!!! The dentist has to pick and pick to get it off! Shudders...

Tincup, Headaches are not what is worsening. I would say air hunger and possibly more mental issues.

I am doing the mild hyperbaric at (2.4) I am not quite sure what you were asking so now who is being entertaining???? [Smile]

Tincup
Member # 5829

I am getting more input and it will take a while to put all the info together. It is good info though. Got to get back to what I was doing.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Yay, I will be sitting here waiting! Thanks a million Tincup! You are entertaining you know...
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HW88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tincup, what did your 'experts in the field' have to say about this?

mHBoT was brought up at my last dr. appt., so just looking into it. Phoiph is the only person I've found so far that it helped completely and without question.

Any others out there that have had success with mHBOT?

Posts: 798 | From Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

HW88,

I quit the mild chamber about a month ago. So far I can't tell any difference. Maaaaybe if anything I do seem to be responding more to the meds, but I had better not say for sure yet.

I wouldn't let the babesia fear hold you back though. A lot of people have had some symptom relief with it. And If it isn't for you, you could always quit! ( I realize the battle though and hate it for you!)

My Dr. says it can't possibly feed babesia because almost everyone with lyme has babesia and a lot of people respond positively to it.

I must be the weirdest of ducks. [Frown]

Tincup, I AM curious about your discoveries that you were excited about too! Maybe your info could help us both?

HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HW88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
foxy, I think we have the same dr. [Wink]

Really I'm looking to stay on antibiotics/antimalarials for a while longer, but was thinking of transitioning to mhbot or rife..

I've been trying to do my homework. My Dr. said he keeps an open mind about rife, but doesn't really see it working or the science behind it.

He does think mhbot works.

I'm making slow progress. Just thinking in the future... either near or far. Not sure.

You are not the first I've read about it flaring babesia symptoms, so I'm just trying to get a full picture. [Smile]

Posts: 798 | From Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement