LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Yet Another Rash...Newest Update #55

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Yet Another Rash...Newest Update #55
Silverwolf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello <<<<< LymeNet Family >>>>>,

I woke up, which is of course good! But I seem to have some sort of hives ... uh everywhere.

We had a bite of dinner out, at a place we've eaten at before. Never had a problem with it,'til now.

TrekC' got me some Benadryl gel, I hope it keeps this calm, traveling soon.

Still working on the other two rashes, but am done w/ ABX. Praying I don't run out of prescription gel as we cannot get more before March 3rd according to the Pharmacy.

I jus' guess I'll be a howlin' reddish speckled Silverwolfi... OuwoooWooooo... [try not to scratch or rub itchy spots...] OWooowooooo, Wolfi' doesn't like stress.

Jus' Silverwolfi here wishin' I could bathe in Silver first aid gel... [Embarrassed] [Eek!]

[ 03-31-2017, 01:50 PM: Message edited by: Silverwolf ]

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3467 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH, that's awful! What are we going to do with you??

What did you eat?

I hope it wasn't from the abx... you never know how long it will take to react to them.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 94483 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi <<<<< Lymetoo >>>>>,

Had to go to U.C. they said it is the Clindamycin and the gel and cream.

A shot of Medrol[steroid] lower dose, and five days of low dose Cortico-steroids. It has gone all over me,and my neck was really red [back is a mess too].

Asking prayers please as I sometimes have issues w/ steroids, beyond just Lyme Issues.

We also have a lot of stress right now,so I'm sure that hasn't helped.

Gotta head to bed...

Jus' Travelin'-Itchy-Silverwolfi here

--------------------
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3467 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrekCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrekCoord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Silver has had a bad day. Perhaps the combination of steroid pills, altitude changes [flying] and stress brought on a bad, bad bout of pain, pressure, hurt for my poor Silver.

Remarkably if I patted her back, like burping a baby, and she burped, she would feel a little better.

Upshot? No more steroids! So this next week we will call her PCP and see if there's anything else that can be done.

Y'all keep her in prayer, please?

--------------------
I still have a good time wherever I go!

Posts: 138 | From Lost Wages | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi there,

<<<<<< TrekC' >>>>>>, thanks for explaining, some what of the issues.

The pain reminded me of cosachondritis, and made my heart race, and my chest ached quite painfully. Weirdly if I could burp a bit,it would ease slightly.

It was literally so painful at one point I was in tears. We are wondering if the altitude [on the plane] was making matters worse.

I've never liked steroids, but I realize they don't want the rash spreading into my throat.
I don't feel safe taking the steroids again tho', it gets quite painful when I do.

Have to call the PcP next week for suggestions. Hoping he'll have an idea, besides the steroid treatment.

If any one has any tho'ts/suggestions perhaps it might help!?!I am taking benadryl,and using the Benadryl gel.

Jus' Silverwolfi itching

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AARRRGGHHH!!!!

How many days of the steroids were you able to do? That is so horrible.

I do know that some people have to use CERTAIN steroids but react to others. Maybe you have to find out which one is OK.

Hopefully, you can just do without for now.

So terrible .. [group hug] [Frown]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 94483 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Lymetoo >>>>>,

I had the injection Friday night and the dosage Saturday morning.

That was too much, I am some better, and the rash seems to be calming a bit,but my chest was painful all day and into evening. It was beyond odd, because if I could burp it felt better for a few minutes.

But my heart started racing, and that was painful too. Evidently I cannot take Prednisone now.

Gotta check in w/ clinic on Tuesday and let PCP know what happened with Clindi' and the steroids. The UC Doc' said definitely let PCP know what happened.

I've had some issues before, and I don't like to take steroids. But when the Doc' is concerned about how red my neck and other area are, and that it is gong toward mouth and throat, had to do something.

Still using Children's Benadryl pills,and gel. But having some eyelid cracking again, can't use the cream I was using either.There was concern over cross reaction.

We are mostly resting today, checking on matters starts tomorrow.

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Awful. I know the last time a doctor gave me steroids I told him to give me only a very small amount. I think he gave me about 1/3 the usual and it still made my heart race. .. so I hear ya!

Is the rash getting better now?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Lymetoo >>>>>,

Some spots on the rashes,are slowly getting better.

The Cellulitis area is some better ,but TrekC' helps me w/areas I can't see easily. It is peeling like and onion,but in thick layers.

My back, stomach, and areas where any clothing w/ elastic touches, like sock areas etc. gets itchy from the hives.

And the eyelid,and under eye keeps peeling, but so far now, it isn't bleeding [that's the seborrhea].

It does get tender where I sit, still, but hopefully what is peeling will have healthy skin underneath.

I have to think it is a combo of stress, the meds-ABX and possibly something I ate? W/ the Hives aspect.

Thur. pm, when we went to eat, I had a broccoli and raisin salad. I don't add dressing,and this was dressed...so... I am wondering if that made matters worse.

I've never had an issue w/ the burgers,or Tilapia fish, or the small bit of pineapple and melon I eat when we go to this Buffet. So I really am wondering if the salad dressing had something in it that didn't agree with me.

It is crazy rainy right now, and we have to dress reasonably warm. That can be an itchy experience if I overheat a bit. So far, Desitin helps in the sit down zone, and the Benadryl kids chew,and the gel help in other areas.

I've take to trying a it of Vaseline around the eyes,'til we can figure something else out.

Better go for now,

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

For myself .. raisins and pineapple would do me in for sure. VERY high in histamine and salicylates.

Then there's fish .. what can I say?

Perhaps when you are ill like this, these items are even worse for you than usual.

I know that stress makes everything about 100 times worse for me.

Take care and get some rest when you can!!

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Lymetoo >>>>>,

The only thing I hadn't had in ages was raisins. So I am wondering if they are the culprit along w/ the dressing.

The fish in Vegas area for restaurants is usually fairly fresh . I've never had any problem w/ the simple burger where we ate either.

But stress and something??? made this a whole lot worse than normal. So I think at least for now, raisins,celery, and shrimp are on my no no list.

I also may have gotten too much salycilate type things,as my Cystex is full of it, and one of the few things that helps IC for me when I must travel.

I've been trying not to eat too much that is acidic.Have to be watchful of cashews which I enjoy. Very much and my tummy gets to tender.

Gotta go for now, thanks for the tho'ts prayers and info'. I'll be glad when this situation is over.

Edit for clarification: Cystex Plus is a two pills aprox. every six hours, and has a second component to keep bacterium from sticking to bladder and UT. I take one pill in a full day.

Jus' Silverwolfi here

[ 02-22-2017, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: Silverwolf ]

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Update here:

The Hives are mostly gone, the eyelid/under-eye seborrhea is about gone, still working on the Cellulitis [where I sitteth [Embarrassed] [Roll Eyes] ].

The cellulitis is some better,but still peeling. Could not continue the meds, because of allergic reactions.

And the ever unpleasant steroids issue, stopped me from using much... I will not risk my heart.

Have some 'madicaid' stuff going on,so I wont be to the Doc' for a little, but we'll get it straightened out.

We were traveling again,on estate business, glad to be back!!! Hopefully next trip we make will be the last for estate issues!!

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yay on being on the last leg of the estate stuff... HOPE you are on the LAST leg of rashes too!

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Lymetoo >>>>>,

The Seborrhea, is acting up by the right eye outer side. So I have to be careful what I use, Hopefully it will heal soon.

The darn cellulitis is still a bit of an issue,it is continuing to peel. So using Desitin right now.

The last leg of the estate stuff is crazy, lots of paper work, and questions, before the house sale is final.

TrekC' is great about finding out what the terms mean so I don't sign something that is incorrect. Lots to work on for next week.

And an argument with the power company over a bill they estimated several hundred dollars to much.That's all for next week, and a long week it'll be.

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Just a quick update,

Trying to get insurance situation settled, will need to call my Doc' soon if this does not ease up.

Hind end,still peeling a lot,and bleeding. It's on the painful side,and we'll be needing to travel again in a few weeks. Not sure when, I do know Cellulitis is no fun and painful.

After the hives outbreak from the meds'/ABX, I have to be super careful what I use now. It is rather discouraging right now.

And getting comfy is difficult I don't sleep laying flat, to much sinus issue. And I cannot stand for long periods of times. Sitting hurts too... AArrghhh....OWoooWOOooooo!

Jus' Silverwolfi gettin' it out of my system...

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
girl, you're a mess!!!

what about aloe vera gel or calamine??

my grandpa used to chew tobacco, no he didnt do it all the time, and he'd put the juice on rashes and stuff. always worked. especially on boils.

steroids!! acckkkk.

is it fungal? have you tried mangosteen?

sounds like drs dont know what to do.

keep us posted.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< randi' >>>>>,

It's Klutzo-Kousin-Silverwolfi here,

The Steroids were for the Hives,which was the 'another rash', I've never had a good response from steroids.

And after this last shot and single dose,I wont be doing that again. I will not risk my heart!.

The Cellulitis is a bacterial infection i the deep layers of the skin. I've known of a couple folks that got it on their legs.

It can be dangerous,as it can go into staff infection quite easily. I can't do the ABX anymore,so have been using Desitin ointment[it is in the diaper zone so...].

The Desitin, can help soothe, but it isn't stopping it. Doc' had said that it has to peel and heal up through the various layers.

It is just so frustrating,that it is taking forever and a day to heal. And it gets painful, I have to be careful what I wear,in case it bleeds through.

Adult 'Pull Ups' underwear, can help as long as one doesn't have hives. When I had the hives,any non-cloth like areas turned bright angry red.

I'm just tired of the darn rash along w/ all the stuff going on right now. I do like the Aloe Vera idea tho' as the rash peels like a really bad sunburn, serious itching included.

Next time we are out,I'll have to check from some Aloe gel!

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

That sounds so painful and uncomfortable, Silver. They can't use a topical antibiotic either?

PRAYING!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good idea. you know those abx ointments dont cost all that much.

hmmmm. dont laugh but there is a product called, get this, beaudreau butt paste. in the baby section. when I had my colon surgery, I stayed raw and bleeding.

that stuff was a life saver.

have you tried any yeast or fungi detox? I've got four jars of unopened natures sunshine. would that help?

--------------------

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Lymetoo, and randi' >>>>>,

I was using clindimycin, both the capsules and the gel ABX. they took me off when the hives hit.

And after all the UTI/Bladder stuff from Dec. 2015,yes '15 thru late OCt. 2016,I have been really leery of trying much of anything w/ ABX.

Especially after the Clindimycin capsules and gel broke me out in hives.

The Dr. said this was definitely Cellulitis. not Yeast. personally I beleive that I have systemic yeast.But as we all know it can be difficult to get non LLMD,s to think about that,all to often.

I've tho't about simple Triple-ABX ointment, but if it gets near anything else in the nether region...I may be setting myself up for definite UTI's ??! And or yeast???!

I have some,in a gel form, but if it got accidentally spread to the wrong area???I perspire easily... So you see my quandry???

Until we can get into my slide fee clinic, and refill all the paperwork out... I am just unsure what to do.

I sure appreciate the prayers!

Jus' Silverwolfi here

edit in: Randi' I PM'ed you.

[ 03-08-2017, 09:57 PM: Message edited by: Silverwolf ]

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

More Update from Silverwolfi,

Hi <<<<< LymeNet Family- Who are keeping up with this Thread Topic >>>>>'

It is looking more and more like an allergy to the chemicals in the water here,are worsening the Cellulitis rash, it had started to go get better,while we out of state.

We got home and it is worsening again, I haven't eaten anything different or used any different stuff. However the place where we stayed, while traveling, had whole water system filtration.

At home, only the drinking water is filtered,
as soon as it is affordable we'll be trying to get
a system to ease the problems.

Meanwhile, trying to get in to see my PCP and see what can be done to ease the problem. Rash split again and was bleeding when I woke. Not severely at least, but uncomfortable enough.

ANyway, that is where I'm at with the rash situation.

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Oh wow. Sure could be the water, Dang it!

Water is definitely not what it should be here in America. It's so sad.

Maybe you could bathe the area in distilled water? At least rinse in distilled?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Lymetoo >>>>>,

Thanks for the reply!!
I have been using good filtered water, which helps, my problem is trying to keep the tap/shower water off the area, as I have to shower/bathe four or five times a week. [for me it is showers].

I tried using an Adult Depends last night,and a plastic bag over my lower area in the shower. It did not go well,and when I got out of shower,and pulled my 'adult pull ups' off. My feet and floor towel got a shower of snowy gel pellets.

It was a purty little mess,and I had to re-clean the delicate area, not what I intended.
So I am working on different methods, improvising. Trying to come up with something,that wont make things sting.

It'd prolly seem funny if I wasn't so tired, TrekC's Heart Monitor was a bust, it went back today. It does not work right and kept us both awake,as well as messing up several times a day last week.

And when they asked for a return call, they put him on hold,several times. Good thing his heart wasn't in crisis at those moments.

If I had gone to sleep,and he went unconscious, no one would have known. I thank the Lord for preserving him! And that so far he is okay.

We'll see what his few days of readings got,if anything, w/ all the messed up telemetry or however it is called.

The water here really is bad, and loaded with chemicals... it's scarey.

Jus' Silverwolfi...

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

randibear
Member # 11290

ive been thinking and had come up with it had to be environmental.

water, insulation, heat, gas, yard even sunshine

i lived in an apartment once that had urea insulation and it put me in hosital.

--------------------

gz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hiya Silver, what about a filtered shower head in the meanwhile?

Amazon showerheads

Posts: 474 | From US | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silver my friend, I'm worried about you!

You keep saying that the rash is "Cellulitis". In medical speak, that means that you have a bacterial infection that has taken hold in the skin and the fatty tissue beneath it.

This is a serious diagnosis that should not be ignored. You really need to see a doctor ASAP.

Cellulitis cannot be treated with topical creams, herbs, or anything you can think of over the counter.

The bacteria that has caused the cellulitis can keep spreading in your body until it reaches your blood. Then you will be very very sick. Once it reaches your blood, the infection is called sepsis. Sepsis is a life threatening infection.

If you are seriously allergic to all antibiotics, as in you get throat swelling, or mouth and tongue itching, and difficult breathing, they may want to put you in the hospital for a night or two so that they can make sure that their new prescription is safe for you to go home with.

They can also give you medications to take before the antibiotics like Benadryl or Zyrtec to help prevent any severe allergic symptoms.

So don't worry Silver, see a doctor soon. They can get you the help that you need!

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I almost forgot!!!

Thick zinc creams, like baby diaper creams, can make cellulitis infections get much worse!

You think that you are doing something good by putting something soothing and protecting on it. But instead, the thick zinc cream is the perfect environment for the infection to flourish! It also holds moisture against the skin and increases the damage.

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sammy, on Feb. 1, Silver was diagnosed by her PCP as having cellulitis on certain areas of her body. He gave her an Rx for clindy and also gave her some creams (I think for other areas that weren't cellulitis and also a clindy cream).

So, she was officially diagnosed about 6 weeks ago and warned about the dangers of cellulitis.

She was also put on steroids in the beginning.

It IS concerning that this has not yet resolved.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< randibear, gz, sammy, and TF >>>>>,

I don't know what all started this rash,but TF is correct, about the dignosis. PCP said it is cellulitis, and I took clindimycin ,and a clindi' gel.

TF is however, incorrect about Steroid use at the beginning of it. I did not get that until I had the hives reaction on the 16th and 17th of February ,at the end of the ABC capsules.

My PCP didn't want me on steroids, as the skin in the rash area had thinned out ,and he said that could worsen things.

Unfortunately right before we had to travel,I had to have a Medron steroid shot, because it went into hives. The one cortisone/prednisone dosage I had in pill form put me in extreme chest pain.

While we were out of state and in a building w/ all filtered water,even the washing machines, it started to finally heal. When I came home it started getting much worse again.

We have a call into the patient liaison at my clinic because, we were informed there was no openings until March 30th.

And the UC here, did not listen when we explained it is cellulitis, they have an older record from several weeks before where the Doc' on duty assumed it was a yeast related rash. They did however get the hives stopped.

I was told to stop both gel and cream[for seborrhea, on eyelids],due to cross reaction probabilities. You see the hives were already at my lips, making it stingy-numb.

I tho't when I first came home it was just a bit of residual peeling.And yeah, it is in the diaper zone,suddenly it is peeling itching and stinging again, Mostly on the backside.

We are sending things back and forth w/ medicaid as I appear to be losing the medicaid,and they are checking on things to see what options their may be. [If you need further info' please PM me ,as to the medicaid mess , we have an odd situation happening].

Meanwhile I am trying to be cautious,as I believe it is the unfiltered water here, worsening things. I was surprised it worsened.

Gz, thanks for the tho't and info' we have been checking for filters,and so this may be of help.

We are trying to figure out another option,because the rash stings, burns,cracks,and bleeds and is very raw and itchy.

The yeast treatments the 1st,UC Doc gave me did not touch it, as my PCP says it doesn't touch cellulitis.

Upon it's worsening,I have been trying to get back in to a knowledgeable Doc. I had truly tho't it would be gone by now. And it is discouraging as well as painful.

We are looking for a safer place,in area, we cannot move from the Vegas area, and we may have some options soon. Also will have to travel at least once more out of state, maybe twice. So I have got to find a way to get this infection cleared.

I have concern about more than it being just cellulitis, it can go into staff among other things.And I can't understand why I cannot get back into my Doc'.

We are checking for cancelations,and so on... thanks for the tho'ts and ideas, if you pray, I'd appreciate the prayers. i do know hte danger, and beleive me TrekC' and I are concerned.

Even after I finished the ABX capsules, and had the Steroids to stop the hives they caused, this mess worsened when I got home.

I believe the water worsens it,and have been trying to find ways to keep non-filtered water off my skin. Not easy right now.

Believe me,I am not happy with this mess, nor am I playing games. I am trying to find a viable option to treat it soonest, and stop this rash.

I am open to suggestions...I don't like having to change physicians, when mine has worked w/ us since 2013, but if I need to I will.We can work out something payment wise...

I do thank you sammy,for the info about Desitin, the Doctors did not tell me this. I don't know for sure what to do yet tho' it is to painful to sit,w/o something on the rash for protection.

And I sleep inclined,so I can breathe.I also have a problem w/ most ABX, hives, anaphylaxis reactions,chest pain, and rashes.

So again,suggestions ???, TrekC' helps me fill out most of the charts cause I have tendonitis in wrist,and the records read like a book. As in never enough room to fill it all in on the charts.

Jus frustrated, Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Jus' me again,

I've probably, missed something that was said, sorry, irf I did...

I am so frustrated with this, i had also been concerend about sepsis, so far i haven' t got a fver,or not high anyway...

Jus Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

One more note:

I am tired,in pain,and trying to deal with my fahters estate, and non-cooperating individuals involved with that.

Traveling is not easy but neccessary,so doing hte best I can... while my husband TrekC' is dealing aftermath of two heart attacks.

We are trying to figure out the best options,also looking to find someplace safe to live...where we are at,is no longer safe. No I am not joking.

I have edited,as I seem to misunderstand easily right now... Maybe the full moon is catching up to me a couple days late...

Again,I am open to suggestions...
Jus' Upset tired Silverwolfi

[ 03-14-2017, 10:36 PM: Message edited by: Silverwolf ]

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I don't think anyone here accused you of not caring about your health, Silver. Quite the contrary .. unless I missed something.

What happens if you go to the ER? Will they stick you with the entire bill for that?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Lymetoo >>>>>,

EDit in: TF and I PMed they were not saying what I tho't, they were trying to explain, that I did have my PCP's diagnosis. And so was aware.

My apologies to TF, and Thanks for the kind words and Prayer TF

Now, If we go to the ER while I don't have insurance the bill is the whole thing and huge. We've been working on getting an insurance that is aforrdable.

I don't explain it all on open line because of uncooperative relatives situation. We have some good circumstantial evidence of someone spying on us here on LymeNet. Hard to prove but very odd.

If I cannot get into my doctor tomorrow,I'll have to go to a different UC. and try that route.

It is so discouraging and frustrating, while I try to figure out how to get this rash to heal up.

I certainly don't mean to seem snarky, but I felt attacked... tho' perhaps that was not the intent.

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

randibear
Member # 11290

hmmm what about a blood doctor...whatever they're called. oncologist??

would they help?

well how about hat room full of people at the er that most of them didnt have insurance? the nurse told me only about less than one third have it. so who pays the freakin bill?

--------------------

TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So glad you are going to try different ways to be seen by a doctor tomorrow!

If you end up going to a different doctor, take the medications with you that you were given in February to treat the cellulitis. This way, the new doc can see how you were treated and how the cellulitis has not gone away.

My prayers are with you for tomorrow.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Well, Silverwolf, I feel really bad for causing such confusion and uproar.

Please know that I care for you and only wanted to help.

I had been following your thread since it had started. So I know that you've been concerned about these skin issues, how you've sought advice from friends and medical practitioners, and have tried your best with the various medical treatments that were prescribed.

Unfortunately, you had some possible allergic reactions and were told to stop the medications. Since you didn't know what else to do, to feel better you were trying to treat the cellulitis on your bottom/ delicate area with zinc cream.

I knew that using zinc cream to treat cellulitis would cause infection to flourish and hold moisture in damaging the skin.

Unfortunately, it would probably be best to not put anything occlusive over the cellulitis area. It is raw and painful due to the infection.

To help sooth, and add some moisture back into the skin without it being too occlusive you could try "Aquaphor" "Healong Ointment Advanced Therapy Skin Protectant". Try to put it on in a thin layer so that it all gets absorbed. (A small amount goes a long way.) After a couple hours if it's absorbed, you can put more on. Just try not to put it on thick so it can breath.

Nothing over the counter treats cellulitis. Silver, you mentioned a few times that you were concerned that the cellulitis could turn into a staph infection. Cellulitis is commonly from skin organisms like staph.

So you need powerful antibiotics that will treat your infection.
Since you've had some allergy symptoms with antibiotics before, maybe they should have you take Benadryl with new meds to help prevent any reactions or at least reduce the severity of the reactions.

I hope that you will be able to get things worked out with your insurance so that you can see a doctor soon. And it breaks my heart to learn that someone from here would actually hurt a fellow LN member.

I really hope that this clears everything up from the confusion of the original post. I'm so sorry if I was unable to explain myself well enough, etc... My mind is not working as it should.

My mom nearly died and has been in the hospital for the past 4 weeks today. I've been by her side every day all day for most of these days. But my body is rebelling severely now. My adrenaline rush is gone. Now I'm scared...

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Randi' and TF >>>>>,

Until I can get insurance started,it would be very difficult to get into an oncologist, dermatologist,and so on.

We are looking,and hoping for a reasonable Insurance price. Altho' Medicaid was acting sort of odd about the whole thing... so we'll see.

We are above range for what they cover now,unless they have an addition to the policy. Long story,hopefully I can explain eventually.

TF, thank you again for the kindnesses and prayers! And thanks to the others of our LymeNet Family who are praying as well.

TF, I have the ,discharge info',but not both the bottles,only the Clindi', but with the paperwork that explains what they did, prescribed and used. So hopefully that will help!

Randi', I think often Tax payers pay when folks can't pay or refuse to pay.

In June 2015,I had no insurance, and the ambulance group,had us fill out hardship paper work. Then we were able to get into some folk who help one get 'Catastrophic Medicaid' for lack of better description.

They, Medicaid took the hospital bill,and help me get into some Doctors, there are a lot of limits on what they will do tho'. We had to report the hospital several times before they stopped haranguing us. Because Mediciad paid the bill .

Now I am losing the Medicaid tho' unless they have a clause that we don't know about... We got a small blessing, one could call it. So we are in a bit of a different income bracket, for a few months.

We'll see what happens,and what co-pay is on a different insurance, when we can get it.

Tommorrow I'll be trying to get in to my PCP or a different Urgent care group,other Doctor etc.
My Medical history can be printed off and taken to the Doctors,or UC folk.

Otherwise, we'd have to write a novel, a lot of stuff to cover.

Thanks again, for all the tho'ts ideas, links and so on.

I'll update as soon as I can get to a Doctor,and find out why this isn't healing.

Jus' tired Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

randibear
Member # 11290

sorry I didnt mean to offend. i jus meant I dont understand why somebody like you, who really needs medical help, can't see doctors or get care, when the er is full of people and kids, getting care.

they said some of them are regulars.

I don't get it. and then obamacare is supposed to cover everybody.

and the va is useless...arrgghhh

sammy, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom.

seems like we're all having family/medical issues.

--------------------

TrekCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrekCoord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right now we are looking for an insurance plan, but knowing if Silver went to the ER w/o one the cash cost would be astronomical.

I will call her clinic again [after 9] and see if there are any openings. At present she doesn't qualify for VA.

--------------------
I still have a good time wherever I go!

Posts: 138 | From Lost Wages | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I know, randi. That is what I was thinking. People show up in the ER all the time and they will never ever pay for it.

Silver, I hope you can get to another Urgent Care. You are worth the effort.

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

randibear
Member # 11290

I went to the er when I fell. no ivs, meds, nothing, but had one ct scan of head. four hours tops.

cost over 16 grand. I ended up paying alot even tho medicare and tricare prime paid.

no wonder you dont want to go. four thousand an hour...

somethings seriously wrong here.

[ 03-15-2017, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: randibear ]

--------------------

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Randi', sammy, my TrekC',and Lymetoo >>>>>,

You didn't offend, yesterday was a rough day, and I've been in pain.

I did get into a small clinic at a Walgreens,
The Cellulitis seems to be gone, but it left a rash/skin condition called Intertrigo.

It gets into the folds of your skin, and can start as a bacterial infection like I had,a yeast infection, excessive perspiration, or any combination of these.

Also it an be caused by Inverse Psoriasis ,which I will need to be biopsied for if this doesn't calm down soon.

Intertrigo, is also common with Diabetes,and can reoccur thru out ones life. Aargh!

Oh, the current treatment is a diaper cream,and keeping it as dry as possible. I was told to use 'Calmoseptine ointment',and keep it dry as much as is possible.

Intertrigo can occur most anywhere a person as skin folds, Ornery little mess of a rash it is.

I hope I can get rid of it quickly, and w/o reoccurance. So far we cannot get into my PCP before March 30th. Which is very odd as they take 'walk ins'.

Hi Sammy, you didn't offend, I was having a really bad day,yesterday, sorry to hear about your Momma hon'. And I misunderstand easily sometimes,when over-stressed and overtired.

I talked to TF as well by PM, they were trying to explain something,and I had too much brain fog to connect very well, I understand now.

The person causing TrekC' and I trouble,has been spying here, from some rather strong circumstantial evidence.

To our Knowledge it isn't anyone listed as a member. When my Fathers estate situation is all settled, I may be able to explain a little.Not sure how long all of it will take. There are now 5 lawyers involved instead of just a couple.

So this is the updated news I have so far.

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

TF
Member # 14183

Cellulitis is gone!!!!! Wonderful news! Wonderful news!

An answer to my prayers.

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< TF >>>>>,

I'm relieved that the cellulitis looks to finally be gone, Now if I can get rid of it's 'After-Morph' Intertrigo, I may feel almost my wolfishly human self again!

Thank You for the prayers, I believe with God's help all things are possible!

Jus' Silverwolf here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

randibear
Member # 11290

intertrigo is basically yeast I believe. I had it under my boobs. my doc gave me metrotrimazole. sorry for spelling.

I had to put a dry cloth under them at night.

it got really sore and tender. I could often jus rub the skin off. . now its very hard and scaly. not pretty.

thank heavens for the rest tho.

have you been on diflucan?

--------------------

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Randi' >>>>>,

I've had Diflucan/Fluconazole/Clortrimazole/Miconizole and on and on... didn't touch it.

Now it has Morphed into Intertrigo, which may or may not be related to yeast, in can be a combination of yeast, other bacterial infections, excessive perspiration, and or from Inverse Psoriasis.

It is very common in Diabetes, honestly I wonder if they aren't all related [ the rashes I mean].

I once read/heard who knows where, that in many cases dandruff, athletes foot, Tinea Curia [the other athletes itch] and so on were somehow interrelated. Possibly even chickenpox and related issues.

What if they are all various manifestations, of out of control yeast beast? Then how do we treat the skin issues when anti-yeast agents don't stop the issue??

Hard to know sometimes... I'm praying something I try works, Can't keep on like this... it is itchy and painful both.

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yes, very happy that the cellulitis is gone.. but oh those chronic conditions. Gotta HATE those. ARRGGH!!!

I hope they can figure exactly how to treat it. Just keep pushing them to find out. You can't get well if they don't really know how to treat it and that, of course, is based on a proper diagnosis.

Sammy... I'm very sorry to hear about your mom. I know how hard everything has been for you two and it makes me so sad!! Hang in there!

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Lymetoo >>>>>,

I'm hoping that this Dx is at least close to correct, and it can be treated safely and efficiently.

Also ,I'm disappointed with the clinic where I have been going since early 2013. it's really puzzling since they supposedly take ' walk ins '.

I tho't after the meeting with the Liaison team, patient advocate and so on things would change. Obviously not, and so now, I've had three different DX on the rash, from three doctors.

Beginning to wonder if any of htem really know what is up.

This last doctor, at least had some theories and options [but we don't, until I can get different insurance, er...uhm... bless the VA's little pointy heads. ]

At least the new cream is soothing, altho' I am battling some anxiety about, if it could cause another UTI. I try to be careful, and to watch things closely.

I am so glad for LymeNet, where at least I canask questions get tho'ts and opinions,of others who struggle with many of the same issues.

Sammy, you stay in our tho'ts, we pray the best outcome for you and your Momma.let us know how it is going.

These are the times, I wish so much we could
have a couple three centrally located places for Lyme Folk and their families,and close friends to be able to meet,and help one another.

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Blessings, Silver.. Keep us posted on how it's going.

Hope it will clear up soon.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Lymetoo >>>>>,

Thank You!

Intertrigo rash,or what ever it may be is still being touble.

And stress of course doesn't help, more estate issues sadly. But it is being worked on.

Jus' Silverwolfi glad to beable to log back in!

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

randibear
Member # 11290

maybe you need a come to Jesus meetin with those people.

but it sure didnt help me with my sisters when they were acting like sharks at a seafood banquet...

--------------------

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< randi' >>>>>,

Our Lawyers are very good at 'come to Jesus meetin's'! [Smile]

And the sharks at a seafood banquet is an apt description!

Beyond that I am saving the subject for PM's, will just say 'spies ya know...'. [Roll Eyes]

edit in:
In case you meant at least partly ,the Doctor situation, since my brain seems to have taken to misunderstanding things a lot lately.

The Case Management meeting with Admin', Case manager,and Patient advocate should have been enough.

Now that I am cash only again [until we get our insurance started], they seem to have decided that is all out the window for the time being.

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate it greatly!!!

Jus' Silverwolf here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Jus' Silverwolfi here,

We checked in early last week w/my PCP's office, still no news.

The most recent Dr. I saw, who said they believe it is Intertrigo skin issue, Has asked why no one biopsied/cultured any of the tissue.

This Dr. musn't know much about medicaid and what it doesn't do.

But if I can get into my PCP before we need to make another trip away, I'll find out what it will cost.

And hopefully, we will find reasonable insurance fairly soon.

We couldn't go today,as car was in shop, they just picked up TrekC' to get the car. He is on his way now to Cardio Doc'.

I do think that stress, the chemically laced water here ,and likely some yeast beast issues are at fault for the rashes.

We were told to use Calmoseptine , for the nether rash,and I've been using Neem oil,and such near my eyes.

We'll see if it gets any better,or what else may occur.

Jus' my Wolfish self...

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Jus' 'Wolfi here with a quick update,

will be seeing my PCP later this week. Hopefully we can figure out the rash. I suspect it is chemicals in the water,and other allergies.

Will report on what I find out later in the week. I'd like to get it resolved or at least calmed down very soon!

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Is your new place going to have the same water?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Lymetoo >>>>>,

Yes, however we are working toward getting whole house filtration. At first it may be in one shower and on kitchen tap, but that is our plan for now.

And the PCP has finally given up on the rash, he is sending me to a dermatologist, which may be interesting to even get into.

Also since the Steroid shot,and the one dosage situation, the chest pain keeps showing up on any exertion like going up steps. It is radiating into jaw, never a good sign. So a Cardiologist appt. will also be in the works.

I still think the water here is a problem, a lot of chemicals to make it safe enough to do dishes/clothes or shower in. PCP can't wrap his head around sudden allergy/MCAD problems.

Maybe a dermatologist will?? My eyelids are swollen and red today, TrekC' says I look racoon eyed. So we'll see what happens if I can get into these referral Drs. I gotta do something.

For now I am off of many of my supplements, I don't want any surprises if I need a sudden surgery or something. I hope it doesn't come to that. But after TrekC's Holiday surprise heart attacks who knows??

I wonder too, could the chest pain/ and hard to breathe during it, and the skin rashes be connected?

Stress is, I'm sure,a big part of all this, The estate situation has taken some odd turns, now there are several lawyers involved.

We don't like it, but sometimes there is no other choice. I'll check back in later. We are working on getting the referral appts. set up.

Jus' Silverwolfi gettin' winded

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement

© 1993-2020 The Lyme Disease Network of New Jersey, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Use of the LymeNet Site is subject to the Terms and Conditions.