LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » DNA connections

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DNA connections
Neko
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone have experience with the DNA connections Lyme panel?

http://dnaconnexions.com/Lyme-Panel-Test-DNA-connexions.html

Posts: 133 | From North Shore | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many of the best LLMDs out there say this is the closest test to accurate. Not 100% in some cases but it is looking for DNA of the bacteria(s) and that is pretty awesome.

Drawl back is they aren't looking for DNA on ALL Strains known for lyme, babesia and bartonella. Also with long term infections there is a chance that the DNA is degraded, mutated or and unspecified subspecies.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6444 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neko
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I got a deep tissue massage and sent off my test so we’ll see!
Posts: 133 | From North Shore | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
koo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30462

Icon 1 posted      Profile for koo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I may try this test ob my grandson who may have congenital lyme. My bite was from late 1960s. Were there fewer strains then? Do you think this test will pick of strains from almost 50 years ago?

Neko, I hop you don't mind sharing results from this test. I've heard good things.

Posts: 478 | From Third Coast | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neko
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46592

So my test was positive for babesia duncanni (prior positive with labcorp)

Bartonella bacilliformis

And ehrlichia chaffeensis.

The Lyme panel so far is negative.

I have extensively treated Lyme and babesia.

Was suggested I go on months of minicyclime.

I’m currently doing bee sting therapy though.

kidsgotlyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just had this done. The test found Lyme, Babesia, and Bartonella. I have had symptoms for 25 years at least and the doctor didn't think that doing Igenex would show anything since I'm had it for so long. Thankful for this newer test. They were still developing it when my DD was in treatment.

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marz
Member # 3446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did this test on my own and brought results to LLMD.

She thought since I had deep tissue massage, it might be that dead bacteria are forced out and that's what is reacting in test.

She's not saying she's right about this. I've wondered if this is a common opinion of LLMDs about this test?

Posts: 1287 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidsgotlyme
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That makes no sense to me that the bacteria would be dead. I was positive for lyme, babs, and bart. I'm not in treatment so how could they be dead bacteria? I did 30 minutes of hard exercise for my provocation.

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marz
Member # 3446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I thought when the bacteria died it was because abx, herbs etc killed them in the blood and then they go into urine and are excreted at time of their death

So they wouldn't be hanging around dead in muscles and joints I wouldn't think.

And yet she's smarter than me.

Posts: 1287 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement