LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Name your longest lasting symptoms

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Name your longest lasting symptoms
cmichaelo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cmichaelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm trying to find out if there are certain symptoms that are inherently more stubborn than others.

Off all the symptoms I have (mostly neuro) the most persistent ones have been numbness and dizzyness.

Other symptoms, such as foggyness, headaches, ringing, muscle pains, hort term memory loss, etc will come and go on a daily basis.

But the dizzyness and numbness are there EVERY day since I started treatment for Lyme 6 months ago.

What are your most stubborn symptoms and how long do they last?

I'm also curious of those who report stubborn joint/muscle related symptoms suffer mostly from arthritic/FM Lyme while those who report stubborn neuro related symptoms suffer mostly from neuro Lyme?

As for myself, I'm a neuro Lymie.

Michael

[This message has been edited by cmichaelo (edited 10 January 2005).]

Posts: 702 | From NY | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarabear
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6530

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sarabear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MY most stubborn symptoms also include dizziness/light-headedness, IBS, and mainly vision disturbances. I don't know how long they are going to last but they are not off and on; they are all day every day. The vision combined with the dizziness really is a doozy. Wish I had some solutions...

Sara

Posts: 160 | From Frederick, Maryland | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charlie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25

Icon 11 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You ought to see my knees and one elbow( they don't hurt but I think the damage is permanent)

worst one is burning feet. It's been years and it sloooooowly is going away. Now I can ignore it most of the time and it doesn't bother me much.

Charlie

Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had the ringing in the ears or high pitch sound for years off and on.

The last 3 years, it has been the weakness. I have great difficulty holding my body upright, sitting upright, breathing, bending over to pick something up, getting dressed, etc.

It comes and goes but mostly stays.

Multitasking and multimovement has also been a major problem the past 3 years.

From the 80's until now, I noticed that stress made the symptoms worse or the symptoms caused stress. Now, I know it is stress that make the symptoms worse.

[This message has been edited by kam (edited 10 January 2005).]

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
firsttwin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for firsttwin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone,

My longest and worst symptoms are the pain and burning in the knees and feet. Next is the muscle pain. I was told it would get better. I am trying to be optimistic. It has been a struggle but I am still hanging in there.

I thank God for the present that I got on Christmas. It was the best I had felt in a very long time. So I guess there is some hope.

Maria

Posts: 164 | From Rising Sun, MD, USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loribelle
Member # 6293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loribelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
by far that would be connective tissue damage.
Posts: 1149 | From southeast iowa | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barrie
Member # 1796

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barrie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would say that my daughters longest lasting symptom is ankle pain. That was her first symptom, years before she was diagnosed but, after the tick/bulls eye rash. And whenever she has a set back, it is the first thing to come back.
Posts: 70 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCrimeOfLyme
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
orthostatic hypotension

( ofw hich includes dizzyiness, vertigo, head shoulder neck pain and pressure and many more symtpoms)

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
virginia/anez
Member # 6450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for virginia/anez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cmiachaelo,
The same symptoms as you (neuro ones)
My arthritis dissappeared more than a year a go.

Posts: 49 | From greenacres,Florida,USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daniella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
definately arthritis, drgenerative.....
Posts: 968 | From private | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmichaelo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cmichaelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm curious of those who report stubborn joint/muscle related symptoms suffer mostly from arthritic/FM Lyme while those who report stubborn neuro related symptoms suffer mostly from neuro Lyme?

As for myself, I'm a neuro Lymie.

Michael

[This message has been edited by cmichaelo (edited 10 January 2005).]

Posts: 702 | From NY | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joint problems, particularly the knee. It's not officially arthritis, in that I have no signs of arthritis.

About 18 months after the bit and rash, my knee became swollen and was a problem on and off throughout my adolescence. It became less of a problem, but 16 years later, I am still somewhat limited in my use of the knee.

I only started Lyme treatment 8 months ago though.

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
riversinger
Member # 4851

Icon 1 posted      Profile for riversinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Head and neck pain has been the most stubborn, from my very first symptoms 11 years ago to now.

Mine is mainly neurological.

------------------
Sonoma County Lyme Support
[email protected]

Posts: 2142 | From California | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
morningnewsman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for morningnewsman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My longest-lasting symptom is the tension and pain in neck and head, caused by sitting. When I sit, or prop my head up in bed, the symptoms all over my body get worse. My feet begin to burn. My body tingles and I feel like I'm getting numb all over.
Posts: 136 | From Poughkeepsie, New York | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pab
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Both of my kids have a constant, unrelenting headache.

------------------

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnE
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3155

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Michael,
I am a neuro Lymie too. Most of my pain has gone. My remaining symptoms after 6 years so far have been insomnia, tinnitus, mental confusion and elevated heart rate. All these would go away after IV Rocephen only to return again so I have given up with the IV abx. How many times can I endure a PICC line anyway.

Best wishes to all,

DawnE

Posts: 158 | From Great Neck, New York | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnE
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3155

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Michael,
I am a neuro Lymie too. Most of my pain has gone. My remaining symptoms after 6 years so far have been insomnia, tinnitus, mental confusion and elevated heart rate. All these would go away after IV Rocephen only to return again so I have given up with the IV abx. How many times can I endure a PICC line anyway.

Best wishes to all,

DawnE

Posts: 158 | From Great Neck, New York | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymiecanuck
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

Most prominent symptoms are nerve pain, tingling, and gi trouble, where my nerves are affected there too. Burning as been huge but eases off.

Lymiecanuck

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Raskilnokov,

Please email me.
Many of our symptoms are similar.
Peace.
BJG
UIMUMOM @aol.com

Posts: 468 | From IL | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4723

Icon 11 posted      Profile for BJG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Skin Burning, all over.
BJG

Posts: 468 | From IL | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krazykt1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for krazykt1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dizziness/vertigo since '84
vision, gait problems since '97

Posts: 740 | From BC Canada | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NCLymie
Member # 6689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NCLymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fatigue, GI problems and depression. Pain went away after 14 months of antibiotics. Off the antibiotics as doctor said I was "toxic".
Posts: 75 | From NC | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henson2
Member # 463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for henson2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sharp chest pain, nerve pain, lowgrade fever.

Interesting question!

Sending wellness thoughts to all.

Posts: 1066 | From East Coast | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alexbabets
Unregistered

Had muscle pain, and other minor symptoms for over 20 years. Four years ago the ringing in the ears started along with all the other symptoms. That is when I was diagnosed with Lyme and started on antibiotics. Now the only remaining symptom is minor joint pain mainly in wrist and right knee. Don't need pain killers, just occasional stabbing pain that will go away for weeks and then come back for a hour or day, and then go away again. The longest time I had no symptoms was several months. Still on antibiotics, but low dose.

Alex

hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thumping in my left ear and pain in front of & in my left ear. This was my first Lyme Symptom. At first it was more in my jaw and I thought I had slept funny. It got worse and worse. When I went off abx for 2 days it got totally out of control. Now after 6 months it is getting better but I do feel it at least a little each day. I gauge my progress by this symptom.
h&s

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Recipegirl05
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6729

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Recipegirl05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Insomnia, speech problems and short-term memory problems
Posts: 222 | From Texas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BugBarb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 210

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BugBarb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1.Excessive unrefreshing sleep
2.Excessive daytime sleepiness (EDD)
(on that one you can tell p;eople "I have EDD". I like confusing people)

Posts: 607 | From (deer tick)Heaven! Angeles National Forest | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Walnut
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6585

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Walnut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Light sensitivity is the first consistent symptom that I remember getting and still have.

After starting treatment, I would say light sensitivity and brain fog.

Posts: 187 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cootiegirl
Member # 3216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cootiegirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Constant ringing in my right ear.....24/7. Just wish I could change the tone once and awhile for some variation.....

Brain fog and fatigue still rank up there but they are starting to vary a bit more. As my treatment is working, I find I have more energy at times. The more energy I have the busier I try to be, and actually the foggier I get because I'm trying to multitask, which my brain is just not ready for....Michael, I'm a neurolymie....
cootiegirl

[This message has been edited by cootiegirl (edited 12 January 2005).]

Posts: 1728 | From New York State | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for troutscout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peripheral neuropathy....MCS/Environmental Illness.

Neuro stuff.

Trout

PS...I am occassionally starting to feel the arthritis.

Posts: 5262 | From North East Iowa | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmichaelo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5873

Wow, what a response!

There are so many now that I'm considering compiling the "data" and make some sort of table from it.

One thing I wish you all would do, and I know this is a totally unreasonable request, is to edit your responses to indicate which type of Lyme you have.

And to be a bit crude about it (and to make it easier for me to make the table), I'm gonna define the following three types of Lyme:

1. Neuro related
2. Arthritic/muscle related
3. Skin related

Please indicate those types of Lyme that mainly describe your symptoms.

Michael

GEDEN13
Member # 4151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GEDEN13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
treatment......

for those eye's, use differant% darkness..day /night....gary

------------------

Posts: 1108 | From PA. | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RBDaisy
Member # 6774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RBDaisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is my first time to post. Where would be best place for me to start posting some questions I have?
Posts: 5 | From Oklahoma | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SandiB
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1557

Icon 6 posted      Profile for SandiB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome....

Click on New Topic....and type your questions. It will start a new discussion topic at the top of the page for Medical Questions.

SandiB

Posts: 991 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quic
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5262

Icon 1 posted      Profile for quic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I've got neuro lyme.
Ears started ringing 2/16/2004 and haven't stopped yet.

- Mike

Posts: 153 | From Watertown, CT USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trying2bsunny
Member # 5798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trying2bsunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started out with neuro my longest symptoms are constan unrelenting headache and no short term memory. I got lost 2 blocks from my house a while back. Also make numbers backwards.

Am now starting to add to this a constant lower back pain that nothing even begins to touch.

Posts: 53 | From Nct. Ohio | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
georgi
Member # 1622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for georgi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
all of the neruo symptoms, ringing in the ears constanly, memory, tingling and burning all over esp in teeth, down my spine into my legs and feet, joint pain not so bad, this is after 20 years since 1986, have no hope that this will go away?
Posts: 65 | From Verona, nj, us | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duke77
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duke77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chest pain that comes and goes, numbness and tingling in fingers and toes, knee pain that comes and goes, Floaters in my eyes that are a constant symptom, eyes ringing (have this for 4-5 years before being diagnosised.) Fatigue, short term memory loss, I used to get dizzy bad especially motion sickness in the last 6 months that has seemed to pass.

Posts: 649 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pattiecake
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pattiecake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine is definately SKIN lyme (and bart) but other symptoms that I had that left are :

facial and muscle twitching, insomnia, irregular heartbeats, fatigue, hair falling out, joint pain, stabbing electric pain that would migrate. But by far and away the skin problems that I have had are slowly going away but are definately the worst for me.
Pattiecake

Posts: 687 | From PA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DolphinLady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DolphinLady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neuro lyme in my case although I do get pain in muscles and joints.

Symptoms that are hanging on after 20 mos of oral abx are fatigue, brain fog/overwhelmed easily, mcs, orthostatic intolerance, emotional lability, pain, blurry vision.

No coinfection diagnosis to date.

These have all improved and continue to improve with treatment, but I still can't work, exercise and do a lot of normal activities because of these symptoms.

Posts: 925 | From California | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snowboarder
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snowboarder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Head and neck pain diagnosed as TMJ for 11 years and neuro symptoms for 4 years.

Posts: 738 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meemer
Member # 6620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meemer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I was an arthritis person,now I am neurological I guess...

pressure behind the eyeballs, facial pain on the jawline, cheekbones and eyebrow line. (It ius in the same location where I felt pain when I was recovering from Bell's Palsy}

Rib pain (if touched only) under my arms, and under breasts and the back of the ribs. Other than these I feel pretty good!

Does anyone share these symtoms?

Meem

Posts: 66 | From North Potomac, Maryland | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meemer
Member # 6620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meemer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I was an arthritis person,now I am neurological I guess...

pressure behind the eyeballs, facial pain on the jawline, cheekbones and eyebrow line. (It is in the same location where I felt pain when I was recovering from Bell's Palsy)

Rib pain (if touched only) under my arms, and under breasts and the back of the ribs. Other than these I feel pretty good!

Does anyone share these symtoms?

Meem

Posts: 66 | From North Potomac, Maryland | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HEATHERKISS
Member # 6789

Icon 8 posted      Profile for HEATHERKISS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HEADACHES FOR THREE YEARS STRAIGHT.

NOW I HAVE CHRONIC PAIN EVERYWHERE ESPECIALLY NECK

Posts: 1974 | From ABERDEEN, NJ 07747 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill ATL
Member # 7817

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Bill ATL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fantastic question...here's why...I am new to the Lyme "club". I am still dealing with Drs. that are making me 2nd-guess what i think to be Lyme. People such as myself that are cruising LymeNet, looking for help/confirmation on these scary symptoms, will be assured that they aren't alone, and aren't "crazy".

Unfortunately, my WB is Neg, but my screen (assuming Elisa) was positive @ 1.57 reading.

I have gone through Burrescano's (sp?) list of symptoms and have had ~30+ of them. I think I am 50% Arthritic/Muscular and 50% Neuro....facial skin will redden occasionally...like rosatia (sp?)

Worst:

Spinal pain (Arthritis) - Thoracic region (but can be entire)
Vision - headaches in PM from staring into PC @ work. (improves when wearing glasses vs contacts).
Nerve/Muscle pain/damage left elbow
**Heel pain - left foot
One I haven't seen yet in other replies: Testicular ache (occasionally).

Glad you all are out there!

Bill

Posts: 80 | From ATLantic Seaboard | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill ATL
Member # 7817

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill ATL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also...

I have had the Rib pain..again left sided. This, along with the heel pain, is what makes me believe that I have a Lyme-type of infection. I've had the rib pain once, and heel pain twice.

Can someone confirm that these two symptoms very unique to Lyme? I have never heard of any other diseases that could cause those symptoms to come, go, and return again. I would be interested in seeing if those could be considered a "Red Flag" of sorts, for Lyme (at least "self") diagnosis.

Posts: 80 | From ATLantic Seaboard | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muscle and joint pain

doesn't bother me much as long as I take my Xango

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 95431 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meemer
Member # 6620

Yes I have both heel and rib pain. I also have what was diagnosed as Achilles Tendonitis. My other lingering pain is facial on the jawline, cheekbone and eyebrow line. Sounds weird I know. Now I think it may all be related to Lyme.

meem

cmichaelo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5873

quote:
Originally posted by Meemer:
Yes I have both heel and rib pain. I also have what was diagnosed as Achilles Tendonitis. My other lingering pain is facial on the jawline, cheekbone and eyebrow line. Sounds weird I know. Now I think it may all be related to Lyme.

meem

I don't have the heel and rib pain.

Instead I have pain in upper/rear left hip area as well as the left calf (feels a little bit like a sore tendon, though higher up.)

These pains come and go too. The pains are particularly pronounced when I'm taking Minocycline.

Michael

paulscha
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6334

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paulscha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great thread. I'm living proof that neuro symptoms (migraine, seizure, head presure, ringing ears, visual disturbances, loss of balance, cognitive deficits, various forms of neuropathy) and arthritic symptoms (severe joint inflammation) can coexist and be equally severe in the same patient.

What I have found, though, is that as pain (joint, muscle and nerve) grows in intensity, fatigue and brain fog tend to recede - not that you aren't still experiencing them, but the effect of the pain is to cast everything else in the background.

Posts: 199 | From Santa Cruz, CA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmichaelo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5873

up for self-promotion...
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cmichaelo:
up for self-promotion...

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 95431 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sue vG
Member # 3143

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sue vG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Twitching, muscle pain, fatigue and short-term memory problems.
Posts: 1307 | From TX | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good question.

Nothin' good, that's for sure, no matter how long or short the symptom sticks around.

Weakness in right leg started in late 1995. After I broke my ankle in 2001, started to have a lot of trouble walking. Seemed to have forgotten how. Have been walking with a cane since 9/2003. Balance is very bad. Oddly enough, now the right leg is relatively strong; stronger than the left.

Posts: 1757 | From Somerset County, NJ | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dullchime
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6024

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dullchime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine have been shortness of breath with the herx's- vision and flush feelings.

[This message has been edited by dullchime (edited 24 January 2005).]

Posts: 232 | From kennett square, PA USA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
artbyjessie2
Unregistered

I have a tie..

HEADACHES
JOINT PAIN

there are lots of symptoms but those are the two that make me a useless lump on a log.

achey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6284

Icon 1 posted      Profile for achey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cognitive receptive ability: understanding what I read, see and hear

Short term memory loss

Neuropathy

Posts: 663 | From NH USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kaykay
Member # 6732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kaykay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vertigo, speech problems, dyslexia, but joing pain is what brought me to diagnosis of Lymes
Posts: 35 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sleep disturbances, back pain and tinnitus.

I am leaving out permanent damage to my eyesight because I know it is permanent. The back pain and tinnitus may also be permanent, but it is hard to tell since those do have fluctuations.

Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barngirl
Member # 6391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barngirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hands and legs going to sleep all the time.
Ringing in ears and floaters.

Posts: 62 | From MD | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
overlook
Member # 6414

Icon 7 posted      Profile for overlook     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Physical - Aches in my shoulder, elbows and wrists that wax and wane over the day. Sudden shooting, disabling burning pain from shoulder down right arm which doubles me over and brings inadvertant tears streaming. Muscle aches that move around my arms. And, an unexplained 2" dimple in my uper arm muscle that burns a lot.
2. Neuro - Brain fog, I got stopped by a policeman last week who wanted to know if I knew how to drive. 3. Emotional changes - I used to do good bit of public speaking. I don't dare now since I burst out in tears twice without warning.

Posts: 27 | From ny | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
overlook
Member # 6414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for overlook     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Physical - Aches in my shoulder, elbows and wrists that wax and wane over the day. Sudden shooting, disabling burning pain from shoulder down right arm which doubles me over and brings inadvertant tears streaming. Muscle aches that move around my arms. And, an unexplained 2" dimple in my uper arm muscle that burns a lot.
2. Neuro - Brain fog, I got stopped by a policeman last week who wanted to know if I knew how to drive. 3. Emotional changes - I used to do good bit of public speaking. I don't dare now since I burst out in tears twice without warning.

Posts: 27 | From ny | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minoucat
Member # 5175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minoucat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me (have had many sx, including arthritis, GI dysfunction, muscle pain and weakness, exhaustion, brainfog, anxiety)
= INSOMNIA AAARGH
= Exhaustion, improving somewhat
- confusion, but that's really improving
= not much headache or body pain left, no arthritis, some muscle weakness.

The Hubby, who's had every symptom at one time or another:
- exhaustion
- anxiety, confusion, short term memory loss
- continuous muscle and joint achiness and muscle weakness, although much better than it was.
- sleeps a LOT, often unrefreshing sleep.

Posts: 2331 | From WA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mvilas
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mvilas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Widspread muscle fasiculations,parathesia, and floaters....those seem to be the symptoms that don't go away even while on abx. My other symptoms seem to come & go, but these seem to be here to stay
Posts: 144 | From Marysville, Ohio | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duke77
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duke77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Widspread muscle fasiculations,parathesia, and floaters....those seem to be the symptoms that don't go away even while on abx. My other symptoms seem to come & go, but these seem to be here to stay

I must have the same strain as you I totally agree. I have always heard Lyme symptoms comes in cycles but the fasiculations, floaters, and parathesia are a constant for me too.

Posts: 649 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeful123
Member # 3244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great topic!!!

Lack of energy bordering on exhaustion.
Fogginess.
Lack of concentration even if great effort is
applied.
Multitasking impossible - either mental or
physical - just coordinate s***t!!!
Short term memory loss.
I can't remember what else....

cause...

I HAVE BLOODY LYME DISEASE!!!!!

thanks
hopeful123

Posts: 1160 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
artbyjessie2
Unregistered

hopeful123 - we are neighbors - sort of - i am in New Paltz.
I'm interested to see which LLMD you see?
Feel free to email me at [email protected]

Nukegirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6809

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nukegirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't been diagnosed with Lyme yet I awaiting my western blot to come back. I have question for the group. I seem to exhibit and 2nd alot of these symptoms that are previously mentioned in the posts, but I am curious has anyone experienced alot of cracking of joints? I mean I know everyone gets that in the winter time, but mine seem almost excessive.

Posts: 204 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IsThereHope
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IsThereHope         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm surprised nobody stated flu-like feeling without the flu? Am I alone on this, it's a lot like brain fog but it feels like the flu is about to come on but never does?

I have nuero, headaches, weakness, had vertigo for 6 months, feel out of body, constant sense of sickness, sometimes I'm hot, sometimes I'm cold, things so crazy I can't list them all. I've had it since 1991 from when I lived in Norwalk, CT.

Posts: 121 | From Memphis, TN | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvmycat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvmycat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My eyes. Still hurt and somewhat light-sensitive. Been on abx for a year and don't think it's getting to "it" there. My eyes are where my sxs first started. Still have night tremors sometimes, electrical current in legs and twitching but the eyes bug me the most.
Posts: 265 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Searching4Answers
Member # 11079

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Searching4Answers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely my new symptoms, that I assume are lyme related. Heaviness in chest, pain in breast and armpit, radiating down, and numb and tingling fingers. All on the left side.

NOT FUN!

The worst when I was undiagnosed was muscle twitching, I could see my muscles popping under the skin. Numbness and tingling of extremities. Skin itching.

LYME SUCKS!

Posts: 69 | From Washington | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katcon
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9812

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Katcon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After 5 years of treatment and a relaspe, while on abx I might add. Who knows did I get bite again, that's the million dollar question?

I have always had jaw pain to some degree, right temple pain, and sometimes eye pressure.

That's a really good day for me.

I would not have enough energy to tell you about a really bad day.

Posts: 175 | From Pa | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bladder pain. It was one of my last symptoms that I got and it is here to stay (nerve related damage I believe)

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
numbness in my right foot and pain in that hip. Plus improving but persistent brain fog
Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement