LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Drove to N.J. llmd to find she's sick.........

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Drove to N.J. llmd to find she's sick.........
guiney
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4550

Icon 8 posted      Profile for guiney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know she can't help this and I know it wasn't planned....

But 4 1/2 hours is a long drive filled with hopes for answers to all I;m going through down the drain!!!!!!!!!!!

Very drepressed!!!!!!!!!

Guiney

------------------

Posts: 504 | From US | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
G., I am so sorry for you..This is really rough and a horrible waste of time.. My llmd always calls me if there is a problem..They have my cell phone number and have even called if they are running late..

Can you see someone local to hold you over until you must go again?

Also there are some Drs closer that might see you if you are interested in not driving as far. lymemomtooo

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jo3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6317

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jo3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry about your tremendous commute- and disappointment. Don't lose hope, maybe it was a sign that you shouldn't be on that road that particular day! I drive an hour and a half away and always call ahead of time- one time I got there and the nurse told me that I didn't have an appointment that day!! Thank God, the Dr. was there anyway and could see me.
Hang in there!

Posts: 247 | From san antonio,tx | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
guiney
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4550

Icon 1 posted      Profile for guiney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love my llmd but it may be a good idea to check out some others in my area...or closer!

Right now I'm having major itching attacks!!!!

Last night I had one, so I took 2 Benadryl one hour later was still itching but worse!!!

So I took 2 more. Now this morning I woke up with the itch AGAIN!!!

I'm going nuts-imagining the 4 to 5 hour drive home is really freaking me out!!!

I talk to My llmd's offfice to see if there is some kind of rx for this sort of thing BUT htey can't reach her!!!

I've even called my pcp at home in MD! Waiting to hear from them now---

Ant suggestions????

Thanx, Guiney

------------------

Posts: 504 | From US | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
guiney
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4550

Icon 5 posted      Profile for guiney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up for help!!
guiney
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4550

Icon 1 posted      Profile for guiney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up again

sorry!

hatterasbit
Member # 4573

Icon 5 posted      Profile for hatterasbit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

I have used Aveeno Baths several times for severe itching. They sell it at most larger stores. Its worth a try. I wish there was more I could suggest-HUGS.

Darlene in Ohio

Posts: 39 | From seneca lake oh | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My biggest itching problem came as a side effect of a med (mepron). Are you on any meds that might be doing this and could be stopped temporarily?
Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
guiney
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4550

Icon 9 posted      Profile for guiney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NO! There are no triggers, I've kept a journal for the last month--nothing

All of a sudden, not even slowly, BAMB....the itching starts and just gets worse. It's awful.

My PCP is calling a rx of prednizone to make it go away....I hope!!!!

thanx everyone, guiney

------------------

lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
G., BE CAREFUL DRIVING WITH ALL OF THE BENADRYL!!! The Dr. gives it to my daughter as a sleep aid..

Also email me and I will give you some info on closer Drs..

Tincup may have some others also..However, think she is out of commission like her "puter"..She will be back someday soon, I hope.

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starphoenix
Member # 2402

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Starphoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Guiney.

I wish I could help you. I can say that I think we have the same doctor (if her last name, and first, actually, begin with a "D.")

I "only" have a two-hour trip (compared to you, that's a hop, skip, and jump away!). I'm supposed to see her next week, but I'm under the impression she may be out longer.

Steph

Posts: 1318 | From Shohola, PA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2863

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you on any medications?

You may need to rule out allergic reaction, this can happen even if you have been on something a while.

Also..be very careful about using the steroid..I would wait to get a hold of LLMD or find out from the staff first if you can!

Mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathy Boss
Member # 3062

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathy Boss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear G,
When I was at my worst with my rash Benadryl made mine worse too. My llmd said for me to try it.

What has worked the best was the high enzyme protocol I was on for 9 months.

I itched for an entire year before the rash appeared and was give all kind of things. The itching would wake me up everynight and at times thought I was going nuts.

Once I broke out into a full flair it did not itch as bad and at times not at all. Untill I took Benadryl.

Oh, and a steriod shot made it worse. It then entered my eyes. ABX would also make it worse.

Red meat also seems to make it worse. Don't know why.

Baths with lavender oil helped daily. Epsom salt did nothing.

I took 90,000 mils a day of enzymes made by American Biologics. Enzymes thins the blood so I was also able to get off the shot of Fragmin I took daily and oral Plavix.

Hope this helps.

Take care, Kathy

Posts: 1092 | From CA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
firsttwin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for firsttwin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guiney,

Hello there. I have the itching problem too. I am pretty sure mine is from my pain medicine.

I take a supplement that I got from the health food store. As soon as I itch, I take one of them. They are called Quercetin. I take one in the morning and one in the evening. They are 500 mg. It takes the itch away for me.

Before you take and supplement, you should check with your doctor to make sure there is no interaction.

Good luck and take care.

Maria

Posts: 164 | From Rising Sun, MD, USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
firsttwin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for firsttwin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I meant to say any supplement. Sorry.

Posts: 164 | From Rising Sun, MD, USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
guiney
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4550

Icon 9 posted      Profile for guiney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone,thank you so much for the support and advice...(I didn't drove there or back home )

I'm so uoset about everything that took place today,instead of gettingon LymeNet right away

I hugged and played with my daughter

But now it's 3:36am and CAN'T sleep imagine that!?!

guiney

------------------

pattiecake
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pattiecake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had horrendous itching from bartonella with a rash. DONT take steroids!!! I was given them 3 times and altho they helped temporarily it came back with a vengence. Going on Zythromax and Doxy is what has taken it away. Do you have any rash or bite like lesions or pin prick looking things? and one more question please e-mail me and tell me who your doctor is. (if you dont mind)
Pattiecake

Posts: 687 | From PA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
firsttwin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5529

http://www.wholehealthmd.com/refshelf/substances_view/1,1525,941,00.html

Check out this website. It will tell you the benefits of Quercetin.

Good luck. The itching can driving you crazy. I know cause I deal with it too.

Take care.

Maria

firsttwin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5529

Here is the other page on Quercetin. The other one was for Bromelain/Quercetin.

Sorry.

Maria

firsttwin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5529

http://www.wholehealthmd.com/refshelf/substances_view/1,1525,10053,00.html

Oops again. I will just blame it on the Lyme.

Maria

brainless
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brainless     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My itching goes away when I go off carbs for a few days.
Posts: 210 | From lalaland | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry about the long drive.

I took benadryl when black fly bites were itching and swelling. I had been using benadryl cream for a week. My Dr. insisted I take Benadryl. The next morning I felt like total crap.

I took it again a few days later and my whole body got covered with a rash. Numerous other problems followed. This was in the months before my tick bite. I already a mess by the time Lyme started.

I heard from several Dr. friends that Benadryl cream is a sensitizer and taking Benadryl after using the cream can cause a reaction. I'll never touch benadryl again. be careful.

I took prednisone for one week for Bell's Palsy. I've read so many postings here cautioning against using steroids with Lyme. If I had it to do over again I might not take prednisone.

I don't know if it made me worse or not. It did seem to take away all my aches and pains in my hands knees etc. Problem is that after 4 days or so I felt like I had no joints at all. Now after 5 months I am starting to have normal feeling in my feet again.

I'm starting to get itching at night lately. Don't knoe what is triggering it. Fortunately I sleep through much of it.

Good Luck,
h&s

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mjbucuk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 843

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mjbucuk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When my son broke out in a severe allergic reaction to ceclor they gave him a prescription for something called atarax. It is stronger than benaryl.

Prednisone is contraindicated with Lyme.

Posts: 758 | From now TX | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement