LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » WBC's too low, have to stop antibiotics and Heparin...Help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WBC's too low, have to stop antibiotics and Heparin...Help!
bugabooboo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bugabooboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all. I've been having a problem with my WBC's dropping the past few months. Now they are so low I have to stop Heparin and antibiotics. I've been on Dr. C's protocol for 8 months. Prior to that I was on ATB's a lot for supposed "sinus infection". Undiagnosed LD for 3 years.

Local Dr. tells me if WBC's go any lower I will need to go into isolation at hosp. (Good place to get sick.) (=

To complicate things, as soon as I stop the ATB's, I start feeling sick in a different way, like I have a bacterial infection...chills without actual fever, sleeping all the time, no energy at all. The best I can describe it is it feels like a sinus infection.

This is scary. If I am unable to take antibiotics and I get acutely ill then what? (This may be a rhetorical question.)

What about meningitis? What are the stats on developing this?

I have 2 months of orals then 2 months of IV's left of the protocal. But most of us know that may not be the end of the critters. I have done doxy, zith, Flagyl, 10 days of Clindamycin/Quinine.

I have seen posts about pulsing antibiotics. I have done this to some degree but maybe this is the only way I will be able to continue?

What about Rife?

I was going to try and go back to work as finances need help. Can't go to work in the medical arena with such a low WBC.

I am taking a good line of supplements for nutrition with increased amounts of Vit. C, lots of pure water, no sugar, sleeping well.

Things to consider...I eat dairy (for heaven's sake I live next to a cheese shop), drink small amounts of caffeine, and take colloidal silver.

Dr. C's office indicated not many patients have this problem with WBC's.

Please help. I know there are answers.

God bless you all!

Posts: 343 | From Northcentral Iowa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notime2work
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for notime2work     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry you're having these problems.

You asked about rife -- the best source for information about lyme and rife is Skyking's book. You can get more info at www.lymebook.com

It's an excellent source of information about abx, rife, and alternative therapies that are all used for LD.

Posts: 142 | From Flyover Country | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Areneli
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6740

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Areneli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would say it is more likely that heparin did it to you. But if you are in danger it is prudent to stop ABX as well.

I suggest you simply start taking 10 g (or so) of vitamin C per day. I think it can also keep LD under relative control.

Good luck!

Posts: 1538 | From Planet Earth | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sapphire
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4599

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sapphire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
herbal immune support
astragalus
licorice
bee pollen and propolis
vitamin C
bee sting therapy( this is great if you arent allergic, it also will reduce pain) bee vemon boosts the immune system

alternative lyme treatments
teasel root
artemesia( babs)( chills is a symptom of babesiosis
rife is really intense , the machines are expensive though , herxes tend to be very severe at first

Posts: 154 | From NH | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bugabooboo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bugabooboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep 'em comin', I'm going to the natural alternative store soon.

I can't get one of the Rife Books yet. What's the best Rife Machine to get? Dr. recommended Dan Tracey's (?). Where do you get them?

Thank-you so much!

Posts: 343 | From Northcentral Iowa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nannie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5250

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nannie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I cannot take Mepron, Malarone plaquenil etc. because of this. Antimalerials can increase cortisol output, which in turn can cause low WBC. I can take artemisinin, but important to spread out artemisinin from antioxidents like coQ etc.
What has helped the most:
undenatured whey powder. Mix w/handmixer with rice milk (I have to limit soy) and fruit in lieu of Friday cocktails.

CoQ 10 and ACL carnitine help keep NK cells high and functioning, and magnesium also helps.

Posts: 183 | From US | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Areneli
Member # 6740

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Areneli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perahps you can come back to ABX relatively quickly after a week or two.
Posts: 1538 | From Planet Earth | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bugabooboo:

I can't get one of the Rife Books yet. What's the best Rife Machine to get? Dr. recommended Dan Tracey's (?). Where do you get them?

Thank-you so much!

All of that info is in Bryan's book. It's awesome. But your WBC should come back up in a few days. There's another thread here about the WBC's....sorry I don't have time to locate it for you.

feel free to email me about the rife

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 95439 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notime2work
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for notime2work     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bugabooboo,

You can get more information on Skyking's website
http://hometown.aol.com/theskyking/myhomepage/profile.html

There's quite a bit of rife information on there also. You might also want to join the Lyme-and-Rife Yahoo group. Lots of good info there also.
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme-and-rife/

Email me off-list for contact info for Dan Tracy if you want.

Posts: 142 | From Flyover Country | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jellybelly
Member # 7142

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jellybelly   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Areneli, you said, "I would say it is more likely that heparin did it to you." I have never heard this, do you have information stating this? I was on heparin for 3 years and never experienced low WBC.

I have read that heparin can lower adrenal function and that if you have already low adrenal function, this should be monitored. This is different though. I would like to know what you know.

Posts: 1251 | From california | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jellybelly:
Areneli, you said, "I would say it is more likely that heparin did it to you." I have never heard this, do you have information stating this? I was on heparin for 3 years and never experienced low WBC.

Hasn't happened to me either after 3 yrs of heparin.

Posts: 95439 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pq
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

In part, at the least,low white count, and perhaps other kinds of blood cell counts could be due to co-infections.

Secondly, they may be low in your blood, because they are in the tissues doing their job.

see lit on cd4 and cd8, other kinds of cells, and inflammation.

Insufficient detail to render probable causes.

Posts: 2708 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bugabooboo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7383

These "sinus infections" that happen when I'm not on an antibiotic started happening a few months after the tick bite. I was working with my husband tearing down an old building and we thought maybe it could be that.

Since NO Dr. thought it could be Lyme Disease we went the Ear, Nose, Throat way, but no ENT Dr. could find anything that should have been causing these symptoms. The Mayo Doc did prescribe Nasal Washes of amphotericin B (for a year). He was thinking it COULD be a fungal thing since I was exposed to black mold (among other things) while we were tearing the building down. No culture was done, he said there are so many bugs in the nasal cavity it's not definitive.

Well after 2 weeks, my nose and sinuses were on fire and I was so-o-o sick. That's when I had to leave my job and I haven't been back since.

But ALL of this is post tick bite. Prior to that I was so healthy and energetic I ran circles around folks.

I know everyone is so different and that Lyme Disease brings out all kinds of differing problems.

But does what I'm dealing with here sound like a complication of LD or seperate problems?

1) The falling WBC's and 2) the sinus infections when I'm not on an ATB.

I know in many cases you never can explain it all, you just treat and hope and pray you heal.

I so desire any comments or suggestions.

Thank-you so much.

God Bless and God Bless America and those who have given us freedom.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement