LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » anxiety and panic

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: anxiety and panic
snapper
Member # 7779

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snapper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ive been sick for about seven months now and was just put on Ketek five weeks ago.

I definitely feel like ive been herxing but i have never really gotten much of a break.

It seems like every day i feel bad in the morning, okay by around ten oclock, very bad with alot of paranoia and anxiety in the afternoon, and then at night i feel a little bit better.

Has anybody experienced the paranioa and did this get better. At times I think im losing my mind.

Thanks

Posts: 17 | From hampton bays ny usa | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daystar1952
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daystar1952     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I defintely had these symptoms and they would predictably get better in the evening. Not sure why. I had to take tranquilizers for it but then after a while the tranquilizers made it worse so I very gradually cut them out. This was about 3/4 of a year later and by then the panic/anxiety seemed to have naturally subsided as part of the natural part of the disease process. That was my worst symptom to deal with. I no longer have it

Margie

Posts: 1175 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BostonLyme2005
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang in there! Watch funny movies, think of good things, concentrate on your recovery. Tell yourself you are going to become well! How long have you been ill for?

quote:
Originally posted by snapper:
Ive been sick for about seven months now and was just put on Ketek five weeks ago.

I definitely feel like ive been herxing but i have never really gotten much of a break.

It seems like every day i feel bad in the morning, okay by around ten oclock, very bad with alot of paranoia and anxiety in the afternoon, and then at night i feel a little bit better.

Has anybody experienced the paranioa and did this get better. At times I think im losing my mind.

Thanks

------------------
Rob

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my anxiety comes and goes. when it comes it always comes in the very early morning and wakes me up. i am often shaking in bed. i watched my mom go from anxiety like this to paranoia to dementia and she finally died. lyme was never dx or treated but i am sure she had it. vistaril really keeps my anxiety under control. i don't need much of it..and often go long periods of time without it.
KNOWING THE ANXIETY IS A LYME SYMPTOM AND THAT I AM NOT GOING CRAZY MAKES IT MUCH EASIER FOR ME TO HANDLE.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
burnbitter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for burnbitter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
don't forget to have your hormone levels checked... this can cause panic attacks and anxiety. It sounds like it's pretty common that hormone levels are low in lyme patients...
and correcting the deficeincy make the panic attacks go away immediately for me!

Posts: 207 | From san francisco, ca | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7779

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snapper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey rob,
Go Yanks! Just kidding. Thanks for writing back. I started having really bad neurologic symptoms, especially vision problems, about 7 months ago.
i think
ive been sick for a while since I had neck and shoulder pain, and also numbness in hands.

Posts: 17 | From hampton bays ny usa | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
painted turtle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for painted turtle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi snapper.

okay you've really helped me cement my diagnosis of lyme because i didn't know paranoia was a symptom of it...i have it.

i am soooooooooo happy to know it goes away.

i do think comedy and finding a way to laugh will go a long way.

good luck,

painted turtle.

Posts: 855 | From United States of Mind | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chroniccosmic
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7789

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chroniccosmic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey snapper,
I'm new here but have suffered from very unexplained and sudden panic/anxiety attacks. I found this awesome article that was posted somewhere on this site but worth reading and it will make you feel much better. www.thehumansideoflyme.net,

I, too thought I was going crazy and lost my mother to dementia?? Hang in there.

Posts: 460 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lesley1954
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lesley1954     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Snapper,
Could you describe your visual symptoms in a little more detail? My 14-year-old daughter was recently diagnosed with Lyme. She has neck and back pain, lots of dizziness, fatigue, tinnitis and hypersensitivity to sound. But her most unusual symptom (I think) has been seeing millions of white shimmering lights all of the time, 24/7. She also sees halos around objects, flashes of color, trails (although she's complaining of this one less), and other strange visual stuff.

This is her 3rd week on IV Rocephin. I think we're seeing small improvements in certain areas, but not much in her visual symptoms.
Lesley

Posts: 164 | From USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme_suz
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son tried Ketek; but it made him anxious, tearful, and depressed.

Perhaps a different antibiotic would not give you the anxiety problems.

Also, we take medication for anxiety, insomnia, and depression. I don't know how I would get through this long recovery period without that kind of help.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7779

Lesley,
I have visual trails just like your daughter it drives me crazy. I have a hard time just moving my hand in front of my face. My vision is also kind of wavy hard to explain, almost like im looking through cellophane. Also, and this one is weird, it seems like shadows are very intense when I look at them. Again hard to explain. i pray we both get better.

lesley1954
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lesley1954     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Snapper. It is interesting to know that you have similar visual disturbances. Although I've read frequent references to vision problems in the literature, they are rarely described in detail.

Your other symptoms and timetable are very similar to my daughter's as well. Started have severe neck and back pain last summer, also dizziness and hot sick feelings. Major depression in November. Six days of Paxil use triggered hallucinations, which were followed by the constant visual disturbances I described. Of course, this kept us from even considering Lyme for many months because we thought it was a bad reaction to the Paxil. She was finally diagnosed in late July and has been on IV Rocephin, Zithromax, and Plaquenil for 3 weeks now.
I pray you both recover as well.
Lesley

Posts: 164 | From USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement