LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » SALT INHALER and other SALT THERAPIES

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SALT INHALER and other SALT THERAPIES
daystar1952
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daystar1952     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone. I was asked to update on my salt pipe or inhaler use and other ways in which I use NATURAL salt products. My salt pipe (Cisca Salt Pipe) Is really working great for me. It has tremendously reduced my albuterol inhaler use.

I use the salt pipe oh maybe 2 to three times a day...once or twice for 15 to 20 minutes as a preventative and then maybe once if I feel my chest getting tight. It's very relaxing and easy to do while watching TV, reading, etc. I love the fact that it is cleaning out my lungs of pollution (athletes also use it to stay healthy and increase lung function). It also thins mucous....and is a type of expectorant.

They used a word I'm not quite sure of but I think it means an antispasmodic. I ended up using my medical inhaler once in 24 hours instead of 6 times and this is usually at night. Soon I will try the salt pipe at night also but the albuterol is a bit quicker, so I use that as not to wake up too much during the night.

I've always had a fear of not being able to get my albuterol inhaler. It feels awful not to be able to breathe and I've always thought...what if the trucking system breaks down or the drugs get too expensive...or whatever. I feel the drug companies pretty much have us under their control, so now I feel a great relief that I can buy these pipes without prescription and that if you use them once a day for 20 min they are supposed to last 5 years.

I am going to try and buy a supply of them to have for the future and to perhaps sell some here to people who want easier access to them. http://www.thesaltpipe.co.uk/testimonials.htm

Now the makers do not claim this is a cure all but they also say it is good for bronchitis, colds, flus, etc. I would not throw my medical inhaler out but I feel that the salt is so much better for you that I will use the salt pipe unless I need immediate relief. This is natural salt from caverns in Europe which have not been processed or treated.

We need salt and it is good for us...but we do not need the refined table salt which is only pure sodium chloride. That is the salt which does the damage.I also make a salt sole (solay) and take a teaspoon of it every day in a glass of water. Then one is supposed to drink alot of pure water throughout the day. I swear it gives me more energy. I also have the beautiful glowing salt lamps all over my house and sometimes I take detox baths in the larger chunks of bath salt. I also use the Himalayan salt on my food. It's a beautiful pink color, tates great and has something like 54 minerals in it. Salt and water are also components of our bones....so we shouldn't look to just calcium.

A most beautiful book to get if you are interested in this subject is.. Water and Salt...The Essence of Life. I read it and reread it.

Instead of individual vitamin pills I am now trying to utilize whole food supplements...such as the above, a product called Really Raw Honey and I am now selling Juice Plus , which makes much more sense to me over individual isolated vitamins. Here is my new website http://www.juiceplus.com/+mt86469 I've been on Juice Plus for just a little over 3 months now.

Between the salt products, the honey, the JP ,making fresh sprouts and going on thyroid meds....I feel as if I really have my life back (crossing fingers) I may be selling Juice Plus but even if I didn't I would be telling you about it because the concept makes much more sense to me that synthetic vitamins or vitmains extracted from natural products with all their synergistic consituents removed.

I feel there is no one magic product or pill and that we have to do several things to try and get our body back in balance. I do all this in conjunction with my antibiotics. Maybe someday I won't need them but for now I am grateful to have them.

Margie T

http://www.naturalsaltcrystallamps.com/

[ 17. December 2005, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: daystar1952 ]

Posts: 1176 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Margie:
Thanks, this was interesting. I had read about salt mines a long time ago, but I didn't realize that Europeans currently use them for therapy.

The "salt pipe" therapy has alot of potential for people with lung problems like asthma.
I know two people with asthma who could use this.

I also looked at the site that sells salt crystal lamps. What a great idea!

I hope some of the people here with lung problems will read this info.

Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Margie,

I'm interested in reading what you typed here, but I can't since there are long paragraphs.

For many of us long-term, chronic lymies, can you do us all a favor. Please EDIT/use pencil icon, and shorter to 6-8 lines of text and DOUBLE space between paragraphs. Then we can read & comprehend.

Margie, thanks for helping us so we can help you/others better.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daystar1952
Member # 3255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daystar1952     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK....I edited ity first message. Hope it's better for everyone. I should know better. I don't like long paragraphs myself.

Margie

Posts: 1176 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
concerned mother
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8128

Icon 3 posted      Profile for concerned mother     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My sons doctor recently told us that sea salt was helpful with lymes. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Amy Holloway

Posts: 255 | From Michigan | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vitch
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vitch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please post when you're ready to sell them. Will you sell the salt as well?

--------------------
[email protected]

www.lymediseaseassociation.org/Conflicts.doc

Worthless tests & labs, a dangerous vaccine, insurance companies refuse to pay, undertreatment the norm, all about money. MO.

Posts: 281 | From CT | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daystar1952
Member # 3255

Well, here's the deal. It would be cheaper for you to buy the salt pipe directly from the UK website. I'm not really bringing this up here to sell them to you guys and this is the reason.

I will be selling them for 75 dollars because I don't get them as cheaply as the UK company and I have to pay alot of postage. They sell them for 58 dollars plus around ten dollars postage. I was thinking more of selling them to people in my area so they wouldn't have to pay postage twice. Know what I mean? But if someone prefers...for whatever reason.....to buy one from me, that could be done.

Oh yes and one doesn't have to buy extra salt. It is permanently encased in the ceramic pipe and lasts for 5 years if one uses it for 20 minutes a day. I am using it a bit more ...to start with anyway so theoretically it won't last as long.

I'm using it right now while on the computor. You just breathe through it normally....in through the mouth and out through the nose. This way it cleanses your lungs and your sinus passages.

Margie

Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Margie:
I ordered a salt pipe and received it today, seven days later.

It's a nicely made smooth ceramic container, with some weight to it. It has little holes in the bottom, like a sieve. If I shake it, I can hear the salt crystals.

The tube on top for the mouth opening is almost an inch across. The pamphlet said that it might "taste" too salty at first, so hold it up to your nostrils and breathe in.

They were right. I tried inhaling by mouth, and tasted salt. I held it to my nostrils to breathe, and that was fine. A few minutes later, I tried it by mouth again, and didn't get the salty taste.

Although I do not have asthma, I did get exercised induced wheezing when I was younger. I also get bronchitis almost every winter, and pneumonia once.
I expect to use the salt pipe if I get bronchitis. Also for sinus infections.

Apparently breathing the salt ions into the lungs helps to kill bacteria.

The salt mines of Europe have been found to help people with lung conditions. People travel to them, and spend up to eight hours a day down in the mines.
Well, this is SO much easier, lol.

Since I don't have a lung condition, and don't take asthma meds, I won't have any big improvements to report like Daystar did.
I just wanted to let people know about this.

Read some of the testimonials on the website. Very encouraging.

Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

God bless you Margie for editing it to shorter paragraphs. I got a lot out of this.

Another newbie lyme patient had just mentioned salt to me a day prior, and now I could learn more from your most informative post! Thank you for sharing.

bettyg, Iowa

daystar1952
Member # 3255

I went for a 2 mile walk today and it was the first time I didn't have to use an inhaler. I felt invigorated and thought to myself that even if the air I'm breathing is polluted.....the daily salt inhalations will help to cleanse the respiratory system. I was just so very grateful today. I felt as if I was getting more oxygen to my brain and felt more alive and in touch.

So, even normal people can use it every day to cleanse from our polluted environment.

daystar1952
Member # 3255

Oh yes Carol......I meant to say that you should use the pipe every day to help prevent bronchitis. The salt kills germs so it would make sense to use it often to get the buggers before they set up house. :-)
JimBoB
Unregistered

Hi,I just ordered one from the company.

However, I had trouble TRYING to get the shipping to work. I tried it several times and it kept switching back to the UK shipping everytime I hit international. So my order FINALLY went through without any shipping on it for some reason. I am sure they will contact me, (I hope).

I will let you all know, HOW it works for me.

Jim
[hi]

Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Jim,
Mine shipped out of the U.K.

Carol

daystar1952
Member # 3255

If anyone has any problems , let me know and I can speak to the owner of the website. She is a very dear helpful person and we have become friends. She is really in this business to help others
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After reading these posts, I ordered one too. I'm so excited. I have always had respiratory problems. Strep throat, bronchitis, tonsilitus as a child. Later mild asthma and major allergies.

At age 6, after a day playing in the fields, my mother and grandmother pulled 21 ticks from my head. eeewww I had nightmares that night. Makes me wonder if I have had Lyme my entire life.

I sure hope the saltpipe will clear up my mucusy lungs and sinuses.

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daystar1952
Member # 3255

It should help...but you must use it reguarly every day and adjust it to your own specific needs...from 20 minutes a day to several sessions a day....some can be an hour if you need it. The point is it's not just a medication which is artificially enlarging your airways through chemicals. It cleans the respiratory system, thins mucous, kills germs and viruses, etc. I am very excited about it also. I even ordered another "elipipe" for myself, which is really a child's pipe. it's just too cute. I'm also kind of stocking up. You never know when certain things will be restricted
daystar1952
Member # 3255

Just got my shipment of 6 salt pipes yesterday. I was able to get a discounted price for 6. Usually you have to buy 10 to get a discount but the owner of the website is letting me try it out and see if there is any interest. So, if for some reason a person would rather order from the U.S, I can send you a saltpipe for 70 dollars plus shipping. If you are interested you can contact me privately. I am mostly going to be selling them in my area so people don't have to pay the extra shipping. Because of the shipping factor you are better off ordering directly from the UK

I'm keeping one of the elephant pipes for myself. They are so cute and I just want to make sure I have an extra one. I decided to sell these because they really do work for several different respiratory conditions. With all this talk of killer flus...I think I'd rather have a saltpipe than risk taking any vaccine the government is recommending.

I've only tried the pipe on asthma and while it's not a cure...it greatly lessens my symptoms and the incidence of the symptoms. I've heard it can be used preventativley...like flossing your teeth helps prevents gum disease and cavities

tequeslady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6832

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tequeslady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ordered one and have been using it for a few weeks. I have asthma and it is helping me.
Posts: 856 | From Texas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daystar1952
Member # 3255

I'm so glad to hear that the pipe is helping you. Don't forget to drink lots of water also. The water and salt help together. I may have already recommended that you go to www.watercure.com.

This author has written books about water and asthma and salt and how if you drink more water you need the salt. They are both antihistamines.

Make sure the salt is sea salt or himalayan salt...not refined table salt (sodium chloride) I went 2 days and nights without my medical inhaler (usually use it 6 times a day) a short bit ago because I was very careful not to drink alcohol, caffeine and just drink water and herbal teas along with the salt and the salt inhaler. It all does wonders.

And the water and salt is not just supposed to help respiratory symptoms...but many ailments. We know that salt seems to be effective in lyme

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement