LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » What is happening to me when do salt?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What is happening to me when do salt?
spookydew
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for spookydew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On Nov. 2, I drank 7 or 8 tsp baking soda in glass
of oj. I had strange sensation immediately.Feels
like water dripping off my head. Deep seated burning ache in center of my head left at
that time and I have had no pain med since. Also
was on bicillin since Sept.
Cleared my head and vision but could only tolerate every other week. Yesterday, started drinking
3 tsp in warm water every 5 hours with same effect.
Labs normal so I'm not low on sodium. Is this dangerous? Is this herx? Killing coinfection?
Vision so clear like have new glasses on. Any ideas?

Posts: 290 | From ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Spookydew

Are you talking about baking soda? I though your header was regaurding salt?

Baking soda can make your body ph more alkalinize
Maybe this is what is happening?

I sprinkle a little of it in my distilled water for detox but haven't heard of it in mass quantity's. 7-8 tsp sounds like alot to take

What is your purpose in taking so much ?

I do know that if I use too much it can have a laxative effect.

Don't qoute me here but I have heard from someone to becareful with baking soda as it has alunminum. MY lyme fog may be decieving me here,

I hope someone comes along with more knowledge in the matter. If this is about the salt than just ignore my ramblings. [Big Grin]

Take care

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
spookydew
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for spookydew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dana,
I think baking soda has almost 1gram sodium chloride in each tsp. I think that's what the
box says. Not sure what purpose is but it makes
me feel really good. I know that the bicarb
reacts with hydrochloric acid in stomach and
gives sodium chloride effect.
Still in shock because that constant pain
gone. Kept thinking it would come back. Had it
11 1/2 years constant.

Posts: 290 | From ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 5dana8:

I sprinkle a little of it in my distilled water for detox but haven't heard of it in mass quantity's. 7-8 tsp sounds like alot to take

I would be careful not to take too much. 7-8 tsp seems too much to me too. Many use it to detox and/or calm a herx. Must be clearing some toxins for you.

Don't overdo, OK? [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 95341 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charlie
Member # 25

Icon 4 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's baking POWDER that has alum in it...
Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pq
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spookydew,

what is your rationale for taking baking soda?

what is your rationale for taking the baking soda in teh dose you did?

any specific reason for taking the baking soda in orange juice, as opposed to other beverages?

two things picked my curiosity that prompted my questions on your reason(s) for taking the baking soda, the first being that one member of long ago claimed some kind of relief w/rt to his knee joint(best i recall from long ago) and releif from other symptoms; he was specific about the knee, but o/w somewhat vague about specific relief from other symptoms.

secondly, one study on baking soda given i.v., cured dogs of babesiosis.
baking soda = sodium bicarbonate.

a third thing prompted by your post, and which, i'd imagine doesn't apply to healthy persons.
a decade or more, ago, i once read of a case were a guy drank a baking soda solution, the dose and pattern of intake of which i don't recall. nonetheless, this caused him a life-threatening situation, and he wound up in the emergency room.

docs found out that he had a cancer that he had been unaware of, and that, the baking soda solution he took did something with respect to the cancer that produced the severe symptoms, the latter, in turn, prompting him to go to the e.r.

thanks

[ 21. February 2006, 10:23 AM: Message edited by: pq ]

Posts: 2708 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
spookydew
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8432

Lymetoo,
I put 7-8 tsp in OJ on Nov. 2 and got most of
my strange sensations before I even drank the
fizz. Tried to do 1 glass daily but could not
tolerate it. I couldn't even do 1 every week.

Since yesterday, I have been drinking 3 tsp in
about 10 oz warm water every 5hours and am
getting same good result.Clear head and vision.
With same strange sensation.
I will be careful as usual.And thanks for the
concern.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spookydew:
Lymetoo,
I put 7-8 tsp in OJ on Nov. 2 and got most of
my strange sensations before I even drank the
fizz.

???? before you even drank it?

I hope your dr knows what you are taking. We don't want you to have problems here.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 95341 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
spookydew
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8432

pq,
On Nov.1-2,I was studying the salt and c protocol.
Out of no where I came up with drinking this mixture with a strong sense of urgency. My mother's
death in july has also changed me.
I thought the fizz did it. But now it must have
been the baking soda. I don't get the same effect
from a plastic cup. I only drink it from glass.
You don't remember if it was a dog or person cured
with it? Was it IV sodium bicarb? Can you give that
IV? Thanks, I'd appreciate any info on this.

spookydew
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8432

Sorry,
I forgot that sodium bicarb is given IV in
emergencies.Which means that it is dangerous. I will decrease to 1-2 tsp daily for now.

spookydew
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8432

Before I got the fizz from the mix all drank, I
had immediate sensations. Now drinking less in
water with same response.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement