LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Detoxing: toxins, purging toxic emotions, toxic people

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Detoxing: toxins, purging toxic emotions, toxic people
hopeful4
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I go through the process of detoxifying my body I have become so weak and sensitive.

I'm noticing a lot of emotions coming up, at times feelings of anger, increased irritablility, hightened lack of tolerance, negativity. As I soak in my detox bath I'm easing my aches and pains, while crying and releasing all of these toxic emotions.

I've limited or stopped being in situations or around specific people that I find toxic. I just can't handle their energy or personalities or the atmosphere of certain places. Since it's difficult to create safe boundaries with my weakness, I just choose to not be around these people or places.

So, is there some kind of correlation with the physical detoxing process, and the sensitivity to toxic people, places and personal emotions?

Sometimes I feel like this whole illness, it's effects and treatment are like living in an altered state of consciousness, or like a spiritual vision quest.

Anyone else?

Posts: 873 | From WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
humanbeing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for humanbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me, it is that I have become too ill to waste time in any non healing environment.

Simple as that. my motto is if you're not with me, you're against me. I finally have the courage to put myself first--it is a necessity.

This goes for doctors, friends, relatives, appliances, foods, and aything else in my control.

I am no longer just a regular person with all the time in the world....I am a lyme warrior! (Now I must rest [sleepy]

--------------------
We are spiritual beings on a human journey...

www.ruggierogallery.com

Posts: 906 | From CT | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

What a wonderful place to finally arrive.

Becoming bold and becoming our own advocates is a place we may not have arrived if not for Lyme {gota find some good in this mess}.

I agree, we are warriors, but then if you look at the WHOLE PICTURE, it is wise to be warriors in all areas of our lives.

Putting boundaries around ourselves to keep unhealthy people, food and situations is called wise, although is may at first feel selfish.

This is our season to become whole again.
Boundaries are essential. [woohoo]

Never doubt the poswer of spiritual warfare.
It is in our face in the form of Lyme.

The Great Imitator is not just the description of Lyme, it is also the desrcrition of satan.

The war is over and we will win this battle.

Peace,
BJG

Posts: 468 | From IL | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I appreciated all your posts on this subject. I am a mother of a daughter who was recently diagnosed with Lyme. I have lived with it the past two years, battling doctors, symptoms, schools, etc. I feel as if I am walking in her skin. But, as you know, I could never know what THAT feels like, but I see her in pain as she starts her antibiotic treatment.

We are just know discovering the effect of this disease on the brain. No doubt that chemicals are released through tears. I've experienced that myself. I believe it's healthy to just "cry it out". We have also had to limit our lives to a safe environment that does not include toxic individuals.

Thank you for sharing, I am finding comfort here in this room.

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hopeful, this is the first time in the years I have been posting here that one person really expresses that he/she has understood it.
Congratulations! Knowing that is halfway there.

Here is the portion from my doctor's website, www.neuraltherapy.com/articles/Comprehensive Review of Heavy Metal Detoxification and Clinical Pearls where he extensively talks about this important aspect of healing.

I would say that unless the psychological issues are solved, healing cannot take place. "For each unresolved psychological issue, there is an equal amount of toxins stored in the body".

Psychological issues:
There is a strange but largely overlooked association of metal toxicity and psychological issues.

I found that often when the client has a breakthrough in psychotherapy her/his symptoms become temporarily worse. This is often falsely believed to be a healing crisis (immune system acivation). In this situation the clients urine will often show high levels of toxic metals with out a provocative agent being used.

The psychological intervention has led to a release of deeply stored toxins. I developed a targeted rapid approach to resolve related psychological issues called applied psychoneurobiology or APN``, which is a form of muscle biofeedback assisted counseling.

The Klinghardt Axiom and the Triad of Detoxification:

By experience I found the following to be true: each unresolved psycho-emotional conflict or each unresolved past trauma causes the body to lose the ability to successfully recognize and excrete toxic substances. Also each entanglement or limiting connection with another family member, unhealed relationships and unhealthy, non-life affirmative attitudes limit the organisms ability to detoxify itself.

In fact, the type of retained metal or other toxin and the body compartment, where it is stored, can be predicted with a high degree of certainty by knowing what type of unresolved psycho- emotional conflict is present in a client and at what age the associated event occurred.

For each unresolved psychological issue there is an equal amount of toxins stored in the body.

When the patient starts to effectively detoxify on the physical level, repressed emotional material moves from the unconscious to the more superficial subconscious part of the brain. Instead of feeling better from the lessened toxin burden, the patient will often start to experience unpleasant inner states of being, e.g. tension, anxiety, sadness or anger.

This is commonly mistaken as a side-effect of the medications used for detoxification or as an unspecified ``detox reaction''. When this emotional material is not dealt with, the body stops releasing further toxins - the tension or discrepancy between the unresolved psycho-emotional material and the already

Both are out of balance - the toxin container is less full then the container with the unresolved emotions. Unless appropriate psychological intervention is chosen as the next step in treatment, detoxification cannot progress.

Things are further complicated by the increased activity of microorganisms such as fungi and molds, bacteria, viruses, prions and different species of mycoplasma during a detox program. Insecticides, herbicides, wood preservatives, mercury, and other toxins are used by us with a single purpose - to stop the growth of microorganisms and other unwanted pests in the outside world (farm fields, materials and furniture made from wood, to preserve food, etc.).

When these toxic agents have entered our inner environment (via the food chain, air, water, skin contact or amalgam fillings) they have the same effect in us. They stop the growth of microorganisms - at a price: they also harm the cells of our body. As the patient is detoxifying from these agents, microorganisms may grow out of control, since the growth of the microbes is no longer inhibited by the poison.

Paradoxically, it is the toxin induced impairment of our immune system that enables the microorganisms to enter our system in the first place. Once established, they are hard to conquer and removing the causative toxin is no longer enough. The organism needs help with the elimination of the infectious agents.

The flare-up of previously hidden infections occurs regularly during mercury detoxification. Historically, this fact is well known: mercury was used quite effectively for treatment of the bacterial spirochete causing syphilis. Some people died from side effects of the treatment, but many people lived after eradication of the infection.

The reverse happens, when we withdraw mercury from the body: spirochetes, streptococci and other microorganisms present in many hiding places (such as the red blood cells, the jaw bone, inside the lateral canals of a root filled tooth, inside the calculus of a bone spur, in the soft tissues of a whip-lash injured neck, in the gray matter of the brain etc.) may start to grow and extend their hold on us.

Microorganisms use their respective neurotoxins to gradually achieve control over our immune system, our behavior, our thinking, and every aspect of our biochemistry. It is the microbial neurotoxins that are responsible for many, if not most poison related symptoms, not the poisons themselves.

For each equivalent of stored toxins there is an equal amount of pathogenic microorganisms in the body (Milieu theory of Bechamp)

Patients who are infected with Borrelia burgdorferi, the spirochete which causes Lyme disease, often are unaware of their illness. They may have some joint pains or fatigue, but nothing that alarms them. However, frequently they start to become more symptomatic during or after a successful mercury detoxification program: they may experience MS-like symptoms such as muscle weakness, increased levels of pain, numbness, fatigue or mental decline. The same is true for infections with mycoplasma, streptococci, tuberculosis and others.

Therefore, it is important to anticipate the temporarily enhanced growth of microorganisms during a successful detox program. There is a latent period in which the microorganisms are already recovered, but the host's immune system is not. During this time the practitioner has to prescribe appropriate antifungal, antibacterial, antiviral, and antimycoplasma medications. I prefer natural solutions which are often sufficient - or even better in the long run then medical drugs - such as freeze dried garlic, bee propolis, colloidal gold and microbial inhibition microcurrent frequencies.

The immune system in a client with unresolved psychoemotional material and compartmentalized toxins is unable to recognize and eliminate the microorganisms present in the toxic areas of the body. Those areas serve as hiding and breeding places for these organisms. Unfortunately they have been termed ``stealth organisms'', implying that they behave in secret unpredictable ways, that they have learned to evade a perfectly evolved and functional immune sytem. There is a fear, that they are slowly gaining control over us and that there is really nothing we can do about it. We can, if we understand the triad of detoxification.

The Detoxification Axiom:
For each unresolved psycho-emotional conflict or trauma there is an equivalent of stored toxins and an equivalent of pathogenic microorganisms. To successfully detoxify the body the three issues have to be addressed simultaneously.

The triad of detoxification: *

Detoxification of the physical body
* Treatment of latent microorganisms and parasites
* Treatment of unresolved psycho-emotional issues

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey,

I do not know where you live, but there is a powerful healing source called Theophostic Ministry/counseling.

It does resolve many emotion strongholds in our lives.
These strongholds block our wholeness.

Check it out.
I am sure there is someone in your area who is familiar with it.

Reflexology, cranial scral are also helpeful is releasing emotional and physical toxins.
You are welcome to email me.

GIGI has an understanding that you cannot treat the physical alone. [woohoo]

Peace,
BJG

Posts: 468 | From IL | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, Hopeful. I'm really impressed. Most definately some people can be toxic to you. I use protection on my body to help protect me from these people. PM me if you want to know what I use.

Sometimes you can't avoid these type of people. It might be the cashier at the grocery store or the nurse at your docs office. They unload their garbage on you just being in their presence.

I've been posting here that lyme disease is not just a physical trauma to our bodies. It is also emotional/mental and spiritual traumas also.

Part of healing from a chronic illness is going through many layers of garbage in our lives. That include past, present and future.

Once you become physically stronger these outside toxins become even more noticable. There are ways to ward them off of you.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6444 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey hopeful

What you said is right on.

I also think while I am in there sweating and trying to stand another minuet, I start to cry too. like I am detoxing my negative thoughts out as well.

The hot baths for me are like a two fer.

A spiritual quest for me because it has tested me thru "Lyme fire" and I think I can wthstand just about anything now.

The old expression rings truer than ever for me
"If it doesn't kill you...it will make you strong"

Take care and hang in here
dana

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeful4
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all for your thoughtful replies. You have understood me and affirmed me. Each of you has spoken some of my truth. Thank you.

Humanbeing:
Yes, yes, that's certainly a part of what I'm experiencing. I'll have to do some reframing, and enter into lyme warrior-ship.

BJG:
Our lives are so definitely transformed. Boundaries can be healthy, and life-affirming, not selfish.

Kelmo:
Your daughter is so very fortunate to have you as her mother and advocate.

Gigi:
Thanks for the article. I'll print it out, it's going to take more than one reading. We are mind-body-spirit beings, so it makes sense that we must address healing on all levels. Sometimes I find some of the emotional purging more than my weakened self can manage productively.

BJG
I haven't heard of that particular type of counseling. I do different forms of healing practice, and will check that one too.

Map:
Thanks for suggesting the protection. I am aware of some of these, and use some. But, when I'm too weak or too sick, I just seem to lose it, my center is gone. I will take a look at some of your other posts.

Dana:
I can definately relate to the "trial by Lyme" and "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger". Sometimes the detox baths are a trial as well.

Again, thank you so much everyone.

Posts: 873 | From WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7070

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Talk about toxic environment......

I work in the corporate offices of a chemical plant in a really industrial area. We make Polyols.

Just had a conversation with the Safety Engineer. (I'm always complaining about the noxious odors circulating through the vents and mold in the building).

Well, mold is nothing compared to what I found out today.

Basically, I work on a Superfund site. It is not designated as such right now because it is still in operation. The soil is contaminated with mercury and lead. Apparently, if you dig, there are pools of mercury.

Mercury and lead are two things that came back high for me on heavy metals test!

When he saw my horrified look, he tried to make me feel better by saying it is sealed up with concrete and asphalt! Please.

I feel I should quit immediately........lots to think about this weekend.

Posts: 116 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeful4
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8486

LC,
Wow, that's a seriously toxic environment and situation that you are in. I'm sorry to hear that you have tested to high for mercury and lead.

Please, take a deep breath, don't let panic get you (easy for me to say). Take the weekend to think it all through.

You have medical proof and have tested high for these toxic metals found in your work environment. My first thoughts are for your health and safety. My second thoughts are for your legal rights and safety.

I keep thinking: attorney. The workplace's "sealing up" with concrete and asphalt has not maintained safe working conditions for you (and other employees, and the community and environment).

I know this is a huge can of worms, probably a whole truckload. Although I'm not savvy on the workplace rules and regulations on health and safety for this industry, I just believe strongly that you have some kind of legal case here.

Please be safe and careful on how you approach this. That is why the right attorney could be helpful to you. I believe that you are owed protection and compensation.

Wishing you the best, take care,
Hopeful4

WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We need to open up the Lyme retreat Spa. We will have a natural mineral springs pool, with HBO chambers and an IV room, a mepron shots bar, acupuncture, massage, chiropractic, a Rife suite, and LLMD call buttons as we socialize and vent our frustrations and toxins to each other and let the toxicity melt away. Ahhh! Got to keep dreaming! [Cool] Hang in there everybody!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh WildCondor, what a great idea. The only trouble is the duck patrol would close us down in no time. Charges....making people well.

What a crime? Would probably get us life? No pun intended. lol

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6444 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Especially when toxic...the need for "positive" thoughts, people, etc. is indeed a part of the healing process.

Laughter, thinking "positive", healing music (Mozart to increase dopamine)- or a CD called "In the Key of Healing", meditation, and on the web news recently..."Ohm".

Yes...all of these are indeed a part of healing.

We are very "electromagnetic" (and so are the pathogens). Neg. charges repel. Acids also have a neg. charge. If someone is too acidic, it follows that any increase in "negativity" is not advisable, comfortable.

Our minds are very, very powerful. It is important to BELIEVE you will get well ie. think "positive". I know, hard to do, but practice standing in front of the mirror and say to yourself, "I am getting well."

My sis' LLMD told her to do this!

You can and WILL recover!

Posts: 9404 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GiGi is rolling over this one im sure.
If you were audacious I could see a lawsuit in your future.

quote:
Originally posted by LC:
Talk about toxic environment......

I work in the corporate offices of a chemical plant in a really industrial area. We make Polyols.

Just had a conversation with the Safety Engineer. (I'm always complaining about the noxious odors circulating through the vents and mold in the building).

Well, mold is nothing compared to what I found out today.

Basically, I work on a Superfund site. It is not designated as such right now because it is still in operation. The soil is contaminated with mercury and lead. Apparently, if you dig, there are pools of mercury.

Mercury and lead are two things that came back high for me on heavy metals test!

When he saw my horrified look, he tried to make me feel better by saying it is sealed up with concrete and asphalt! Please.

I feel I should quit immediately........lots to think about this weekend.

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7070

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought lawsuit too. But then I heard you have to prove that a company knew that they were harming employees all along.

Just don't know if I would have the strength to pursue it.

My thinking is that they have done the minimum required by state law to "seal" up the contaminated areas.

Also it may be one of those difficult to prove kind of things, like how exactly has mercury harmed me.

I discovered that mercury was used as a catalyst up until the late 50's in the sorbitol making process- scary!

One of the old-timers at the plant told me that "back in the day", washing out a drum that contained any sort of toxic chemical meant hosing it out and dumping it on the ground. The plant is situated along the Delaware river.

The damage to my health is probably already done. I wanted to move on from this job anyway. It's probably best to focus my limited energy on that. And detoxing!

On a side note, one of my co-workers commented once when they saw me drinking detox tea..."you know, it's not good for you to get rid of too many toxins". [bonk]

Posts: 116 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iceskater
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceskater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what I find interesting in this post is: the reference to mercury toxicity and detoxing. I have worn contact lenses for 30 years. When I was 18, about 2 years after wearing contacts. I became very weak- a dr did hair analysis and discovered I had mercury toxicity. As I had no fillings, we were stumped... Not until months later, did I discover that my solution to store lenses in contained thimeresol, a mercury compound. With my eyes being blue, MD indicated , as a result of less melatonin and buffering in the eyes, you would absorb more HG. I wonder now, as I am using detox foot pads and they are still SOLID BLACK this could be a piece of the puzzle. Thanks guys... Incidently, the manufacturer of the lens solution years ago- stopped using mercury as a preservative in the solution.
Posts: 719 | From Delaware | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement