Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552
When I use milk, I get the white cloudy stuff in my urine which my doctor has said is mucus and a sign of inflammation. I just got my allergy testing back and I am allergic to milk.
Also, sugar lowers the immune system so that could be part of your symptom increase because it may be allowing an increase in bacterial growth or some other infection growth like yeast or babs or ??. You could also possibly have hypoglycemia (not unusual with lyme) which can account for an increase in symptoms when eating junk food since junk food is high in sugar/carbs. Terry
Posts: 6282 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006
| IP: Logged |
quote:Originally posted by BostonLyme2005: I will have the yeast test 2morrow....
Regardless of what the test shows, get on the diet and get some Nystatin!
"Successful control and elminiation of a Candida Albicans overgrowth requires a multifaceted program as described below. Failure to follow ALL the steps simultaneously will result in slow progress and will lengthen healing time significantly. The program should be tailored to the individual and must balance the need to eliminate the Candida and deprive it of its food source while insuring proper nutrition for the individual."
Five Steps to Candida Elimination:
1. You must starve it into submission by eliminating its food source.
2. You must kill it with anti-fungal herbs and supplements. [e.g....garlic, onion, caprylic acid, Pau D'Arco capsules or tea, clove, grapefruit seed extract, olive leaf extract, oil of oregano, tea tree oil, Echinacea, Goldenseal, black walnut, MSM, barberry root, uva ursi, neem leaf, biotin]
3. You must reestablish the proper balance and quantity of probiotic bacteria in the digestive tract. [...multi-strain lactobacillus acidophilus and bifidus capsules with FOS should be taken between meals to maximize repopulation of the digestive tract by beneficial bacteria.]
4. You must reestablish proper levels of all B vitamins (yeast free) and utilize other immune enhancing supplements to boost immune system function. [e.g ... B complex vitamins (yeast free), biotin, beta 1-3 glucan, colostrum, maitake mushroom, vitamins A, C, E, zinc and selenium]
5. You must cleanse and heal the digestive tract to promote proper elimination of toxins and Candida and assimilation of nutrients. [e.g...chlorophyll, MSM, omega 3 fatty acids found in flax seed and salmon oils, GLA found in borage, evening primrose and black currant oils. Pantothenic acid, digestive enzymes between meals]