LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Anyone have cycles of symptoms?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone have cycles of symptoms?
vachick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vachick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good grief...I don't know what is happening. For a time being, I really felt quite good. Now I feel AWFUL.

I was wondering if any of you knew of symptoms cycles? The shooting pains in my limbs are back...I haven't had them in months. The fatigue is back. My myoclonic jerking is back.

All of these symptoms seemed to be better and now they are back again full force.

I also have developed excruciating back and side pain that will not abate no matter what. This is a new symptoms that started about a month ago and has gotten progressively worse. I thought it might be ovarian cancer but the pelvic ultrasound did not show any masses. I still wonder if something is growing in my abdominal cavity!

Posts: 331 | From virginia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cisco*
Member # 5231

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cisco*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had you finished treatment?
Posts: 29 | From Maryland | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vachick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vachick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No...I still take Omnicef daily. My doc wants me to pulse Flagyl now and I am scared because I feel really bad and don't want to add fuel to the fire.
Posts: 331 | From virginia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cisco*
Member # 5231

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cisco*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long have you had these back? I associate the shooting pains in my limbs mostly with Babesia. Were you treated for it? If so, it probably was not totally eliminated and has restrengthen.

I'm actually getting back some symptoms, like the shooting pains, but I have been off the antibiotics for six months.

Posts: 29 | From Maryland | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vachick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8353

These symptoms have been back now for about two weeks. I have Bart not Babs...have not been treated for it yet though. Levaquin about destroyed me.

I honestly feel like I am back where I started five months ago! I was feeling so good a month ago that I considered going back to work. Now I am sure I can't. I am sleeping 12 hours a night.

Cisco*
Member # 5231

Stupid question, but have you been tested for Babs?
alliebridge
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alliebridge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the same problem! I get pelvic pain in my lower left abdomen that comes and goes. I just had a pelvic ultrasound done today. It showed no masses at all!

I am also getting symptoms returning which I haven't had in months as well, such as shooting pains and tingling down the back of my legs, sharp pains on the tips of my big toes and in my fingers.Ouch!

I wonder if it is caused by the lyme bacteria reacting to the change of seasons/weather. It is so hot in these parts-100 degrees yesterday!

I am confused.
[confused]

quote:
Originally posted by vachick:
I thought it might be ovarian cancer but the pelvic ultrasound did not show any masses. I still wonder if something is growing in my abdominal cavity!

Posts: 366 | From MA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cisco*
Member # 5231

alliebridge, you bring a good point. Some symptoms can be seasonal due to allergens in the air or the temperatures. In my case the shooting pains do not follow this pattern. Another trigger that makes me worse is EMF. Believe it or not, solar storms make my symptoms worse.

The first few times I had the shooting pain in the legs I thought of blood clots. Was I scared. My godmother died due to a clot that traveled from her leg to her brain. Since I was going to a cardiologist at the time (strong heart palpitations) I had a scan done to check for clots with no abnormalies found.

vachick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8353

How do they scan for clots? In your legs or whole body? I think I had something done in my legs once many years ago because I had leg pain and they thought it was clots.

I do not have Babs (at least I tested negative for it). I have Bart though.

My right leg/hip has pain also which is the same leg that goes numb when I exercise. Again, no one knows why.

elley0531
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elley0531     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been nervous about clots as well..also getting pains.

At first it will feel like a sharp shooting pain and then it will throb a bit...but still feel sharp. Always in the same places.

My doc said its doubtful that its a clot, much less two. She said If I had a clot that acted up that much there would be swelling in the area.

I have had lower right abdomenal oddness for the past two months. It feels like there is something down there, but all my damn tests came back negative!!

It feels like a sharp tensing sensation down there. Sometimes it just aches, and sometimes my whole right side will feel tense, as well as my abdomen.

I'm seeing a gyn in 2 weeks...I'm going to inquire about possible endometriosis since apparantly it can create mass like feelings and cramping but not show up on imaging.

Posts: 594 | From NJ/NY | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cisco*
Member # 5231

vachick,
The tests were just on the legs. I had some other tests (nuclear(?) stress test, EKG, MRIs) but these were to check on my heart and arterial conditions. Everything came back fine. The palpitations were attributed to the how the lyme was affecting my nervous system.

elley0531
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elley0531     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cisco*:
vachick,
The tests were just on the legs. I had some other tests (nuclear(?) stress test, EKG, MRIs) but these were to check on my heart and arterial conditions. Everything came back fine. The palpitations were attributed to the how the lyme was affecting my nervous system.

likewise. I get palps too, but my heart is A-OK...just a nervous system response, same thing with my sleep apnea.
Posts: 594 | From NJ/NY | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7070

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My lyme symptoms seem worse in the last few months too. After having progressed a lot.

Have you been doing any detox lately?

I have been doing a lot of detox since Feb. and I am hoping now that I am getting rid of mercury, that is why lyme is really acting up.

I have new tendon pains that wont go away...left knee, right hand, hips.

6 months ago I was able to do some running, now I can only walk.
LC

Posts: 116 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement