LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » i give up!!! am going to try buehner's protocol

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i give up!!! am going to try buehner's protocol
geniveve
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have been back on ceftin for about a month now and quite frankly, my body just can't take anti's anymore. i have developed diahhrea at least 2-3 times a day, my skin is itching like crazy and the pain in my liver and spleen (right under my ribs and above navel) is killing me. i feel terrible, i really do.

i've been on antibiotics for over a year now and just don't feel they are working for me. i mean i should have some good days right?? oh no, not me.

so i'm going on buehner's protcol. i'm hoping it will work for me.

my doc said she won't see me anymore cause "you should have been cured a long time ago with all these antibiotics."

she told me she had a man come in with a raging fever, Em rash, sicker than a dog. she said she "thought he might have lyme." but get this, she said "oh, after a couple of days, the rash went away and he felt better, so i didn't treat him."

i knew then she really didn't believe i had lyme so i just left.

i don't want to take the anti's without a doctor around who believes i have lyme and would test. i think taking ceftin for long periods of time with no lab is dangerous.

i've read all the posts on his protocol and am hoping it will help.

sorry this is so long but i guess i'm afraid.

will the lyme get worse if i stop ceftin and go on his protocol?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You poor dear. It sounds like your doc is not very lyme literate. I wish you could get to an LLMD. People respond very differently to different antibiotic protocols... you may just need to switch to another, or treat co-infections, or have your doctor work a little harder to find out why you haven't progressed.

I can't comment on Buehners Protocol though I know some people seem to improve a lot on it. Herbs are powerful, though, and I wish you were under a doctor's supervision if you decide to go that route.

I am concerned about your liver with the pain you describe and my non-medical opinion is to get a full blood panel done and a liver panel ASAP.

Don't give up; just give up your Duck.

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Consider the KMT microcurrent device as well. It can be very helpful.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
geniveve
Unregistered

well i ordered the herbs listed in his book. am going to go slow so i placed a small order from lstchineseherbs.com.

i figure at this point i can't do anymore damage.

i am using the foot detox pads from healthmarvels. they seem to help with my feet. before they were a block of ice and now they seem to be warm all the time.

scott, is this a rife machine? i've looked at them and i wow, i can't afford those. i can barely afford my normal bp and hormone meds!!!

MariaA
Member # 9128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MariaA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel so bad for you to have that doctor interaction. I dealt with ignorant ones for a long time also and it was very discouraging.

Are you in any position to perhaps travel out of town to see an LLMD? SOme of them will do phone appointments after the initial appointment (usually half the cost of the regular office visit).

Herbs are great but we really should be doing this with good LLMD advice, as some people have reactions to them as well, and
since you have other health issues such as liver pain, it really seems like you should have professional help with the herbs as well. We sometimes need blood tests that regular doctors don't know about. As you probably know, all of our cases are drastically different, and an LLMD knows (hopefully) more about the variations and what to look for when it's not going well or someone's having a bad reaction. The fact that people herx complicates matters also in terms of diagnosis and knowing where to proceed when you dont feel well.

Also, some of us who are getting better on Buhner herbs are also doing various forms of detoxing- looks like you're trying something already- it seems like an LLMD who's aware of the options there (mine uses a combination of the Buhner protocol and the cholesterol drugs from Richie Shoemakers's Mold Warriors (unreadable book, by the way), or non-prescription alternatives. Getting rid of mercury after testing for it and other poisons is another strategy that he employs. All this kind of stuff is why some of us have good luck with herbs and other people don't, and it's very useful to have a doctor who can guide you rather than trying to figure it out yourself.

Maria

--------------------
Symptom Free!!! Thank you all!!!!

Find me at Lymefriends, I post under the same name.
diet: http://lymefriends.ning.com/group/healthylowcarbrecipes
Homemade Probiotics thread
Herbal Links Thread

Posts: 2552 | From San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
geniveve
Unregistered

maria, and i'm being perfectly honest here. there is no way, no way, i can travel out of town.

i have a husband who is in total, and i mean total denial about lyme. says i'm doing it to get attention. anyway just mentioning lyme sets him off, so for me to go out of state, would cause an explosion around here.

and frankly i'm not up to the fighting and nasty comments, etc. and please no comments about leaving, cause that just isn't in the books guys.

there is a person in denton texas who does some kind of rifing thing but i believe he's booked until september or later this year. i think he would probably help with this thing.

i'm wondering if anyone else is going it alone on the board,, do ya know??

SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you are talking about Dr. C. I have heard of some people with good results, but I would not consider him a LLMD. I would contact DrWiseAss or Dawn from Public Health Alert. They both live near you and may have some recommendations. KMT is not rife, but microcurrent. It entrains the immune system to fight the bugs.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
humanbeing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for humanbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree you need a competent llmd who can do routine liver panels...at least once a month while on oral abx.

Maybe pulsing would work for you, giving your body a break....

I'm not knowledgable about herbs but don't give up on killing Bb...

--------------------
We are spiritual beings on a human journey...

www.ruggierogallery.com

Posts: 906 | From CT | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
geniveve,

If you definitely can't work with an LLMD, then please at least try to work with a primary care doc who will run liver panels for you.

I would also recommend getting your pancreatic enzyme levels tested. My pancreatic enzymes are high, and I get an aching pain in the same place you describe.

I don't recommend trying to treat Lyme on your own. But if that's what you are going to do, please at least get a doctor to monitor your health. Herbs can be toxic.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annxyz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annxyz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many of us are simply on the " save yourself" protocol. My insurance will not cover lyme treatment . To be honest, I am not so optimistic that an LLMD has a magic bullet that would be worth the $$$$$$$ . I read so many posts here
of people who are on ABX for years at heavy doses , who have some improvement , but relapse after they stop the ABX .

I do not have the guts or the money for that; I just do not think it would work for me.

After reading Jim Bob and Ernie's stories, I think I will try Buhner's protocol and rife.
Like you , I am sick of the ABX related problems like yeast in the ears and chest soreness and upset stomach.

The herbs seem to offer a lot of possibilities
as does rife. AND real sick people have found they work , so they are worth a try. I just can not do seven or eight years of abx straight , like so many people here .

I am so sorry you have so little emotinal support , as that would add an emotionsl wound to the physical suffering , To deny a person's suffering seems cruel, esp when it is the one person who should be making you feel loved and supported. You are in a tough spot.

Take heart that others here seem to find a way to better health , and the answer frequently seems to come for them after crying "uncle " from ABX. We just have to be persistent and vigilant in seeking safe alternatives.

May God bring you to better place soon , one simple step at a time.

You sound like a stronger person than me !
Take care - you have friends here . jen

--------------------
ANNXYZ

Posts: 744 | From Mineola | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are there two Dr C's?? I'm confused.

We go to Dr C in the midwest......and he has been wonderful......

Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBoB
Unregistered

Hi Genivieve:

So sorry to hear of your dilemma. We all have something, I guess.

WOW, I can imagine how you must feel. A WHOLE year on abx. Ugh! I couldn't even take a full two months, but guts hurt so bad.

Now, my guts are qute good as is most of my body.

I too, did not have the money, nor the insurance to be able to pay for the outrageous prices for LLMD's and $800 a month drugs, that would probably have just made me sicker anyway.

Some will jump on me for writing this, but so what else is new?

I don't come over to this group too much anymore, partly because I lost so much time a year ago being so sick, and need to make up for it now in working seven days a week to try to catch up, and because of the many naysayers on this board.

It seems they are either afraid of the unknown, or just don't want someone to get well on something they can't get their brains to okay for themselves.

I am glad I was pretty ignorant as to all that was out there for making you feel better at the time, and also glad, now, that my duck wouldn't treat me after the first three weeks for Lyme.

I am also thankful for coming to this site, as THIS is where I discovered Buhner's Book, on the Amazon.com advertisements to the left of these articles. It was quite by accident, but I ordered it right away, and started herbs right away AND got RELIEF RIGHT AWAY from them, and was doing fine till I started taking abx. They killed my stomach and made me feel worse in general.

The herbs will HELP your inerds. IF you take Sarsaparilla, Milk THistle, AND Red Root along with the Lyme healing herbs Buhner recommends, you WILL feel better. QUIT those danged abx ASAP, IF you can, at least as soon as you get your herbs. Be faithful in taking the herbs, and ramp up, don't start out gung ho. ONE pill at a time per day, for the first week, then two a day, etc., etc..

You won't always feel perfect, but you SHOULD start feeling better after a few days, (not weeks or months), and should continue to improve, overall, as the months pass by.

I take considerably more than Buhner's CORE protocol, as I find other herbs in his book are very helpful for certain symptoms.

PM me if you have questions. Many have, and many are feeling better than they have in a long time.

Herbs won't cure you overnight, but you will most likely feel MUCH better while you are healing.

By all means, get your liver, and any other things checked out from time to time, IF you think there may be some problems with them. I finally did after a year, and everything checked out excellent, except my cholesterol, and that is MY fault for not changing my diet enough.

Keep us posted on your progress. Keep track of what each herb might be affecting you. You will get used to them IF you are not allergic to any of them, and hope you have a happy healing.

Jim [Cool]

lymiebean
Member # 10015

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymiebean   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi genivive,

I am recently dx after 10 years. I am "going it alone" although I see it differently. I am using the
burrascano protocol as regards supps, but I am using essential oils to address the lyme and coinfections.

Now I love doctors, some of them, but those I've met lately I cannot love. The info I have fouind here and on line is so wonderful and helpful, and I have found so much help here I am confident that I can kill myself slower than the ducks can.

Anyway, the amazing thing is that I am feeling better and better with my made for me protocal. I have found the info and experiences of another poster here to be the kkey for me.

Farah, a health pro herself, addressed her lyme with essential oils. Her story electrified me and gave me hope. I don't know how to find her posts as I am really new to this computer, but they are here on this site and her website is yinessense.com.

But you have to toughen yourself to treat yourself. I had to get in tune with my body and remind myself many a dark nite that there will be healing crises (sometimes very scary) many of them before I am well, if I ever am.

This is not for everyone, but it suits me. I am more fed up with wasting money and getting insulted by ducs, than I am fearful of
pursuing my ownrecovery. I continue to look for a doctor, but until I find one worth the cash, Hey, I am doing better every day.

If you would like any more info, pm me cause I'm not good at finding my posts again.

Don't be afraid, you are not alone.
good luck

--------------------
na

Posts: 16 | From Mendocino, | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annxyz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annxyz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bump as many are asking about alternatives to ABX

--------------------
ANNXYZ

Posts: 744 | From Mineola | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still trying to figure out the Dr. C comment?

What's that about?

Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
psano
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm surprised that more hasn't been said about rife here. There are a number of threads here, if you search for them about home made rife setups that are quite reasonable in cost and should be considered along w/herbs as alternatives to abx.

Many people are using only rife for treatment and are improving. There's www.noriftrife.com ( a contact method) and a non contact variation of this using a degaussing coil that bobdavis has posted instructions for. Check it out.

Posts: 449 | From Pasadena, CA, usa | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I have found so much help here I am confident that I can kill myself slower than the ducks can.
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Amen, Lymiebean!

Tracy

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katcon
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9812

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Katcon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found that the generic ceftin that is a white pill, worked so much better for me.

How you tried the generic pill?

Posts: 175 | From Pa | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
serendipity
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8474

Icon 1 posted      Profile for serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boomerang,
There are two Dr. Cs who treat chronic lyme.
There was a Dr. C here in DFW, he moved recently though.
Hope that clears things up.

Posts: 628 | From the south | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Boomerang:
Are there two Dr C's?? I'm confused.

We go to Dr C in the midwest......and he has been wonderful......

Yes, there are two, but the one in Denton is not an LLMD.

It's not the one serendipity mentioned either.

and yes, the one in MO is awesome!! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 95255 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
geniveve...It took me WELL over a YEAR before I had even ONE good day.

I hope you will progress on the herbs. Everyone is different.

Have you been following the low carb diet while on abx?? IF not, that would explain some of the misery, and probably all of the itching.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 95255 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBoB
Unregistered

I am on a HIGH carb diet. IF you could call it a diet. Maybe that is why I itch at times too. Never thought of that part before.

However, I felt quite good just days after getting on the correct herbs. I didn't just dabble like so many do. I got serious about it. I went from feeling like I was going to die any day, to being able to put in a pretty good day working, even on concrete, and enjoying more of life again.

I always felt worse taking the abx. Even last month when I went on Amoxicillin for prostatitis, I felt pretty bad for a couple of weeks.

I did find that the Amoxicillin didn't bother my stomach as bad when I took it with about 1/3 glass of skim milk and away from my meals and herbs.

Jim [Cool]

hardynaka
Member # 8099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardynaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geniveve,

I said in the beginning: "they gave me up, these ducks, I'm NOT going to give up: I'll try Buhner's herbs". The opposite of what you wrote!

I went directly into herbs because I couldn't find anyone to treat me and I DONT' REGRET.

I never had candida problems, my intestines work better now than before lyme. Maybe that's a reason why I need so little herbs to keep improving, because I absorb them very well (a guess?).

Later I found a naturopath who helped me on many things. And I also use the KMT, it's very easy to use, multifunctional, without scary herxes people describe with rife (that's the only reason I didnt' try rife from start, tooo afraid...).

If you find the right herbs for you (each person is different), you'll improve very probably fast. I hope you can find someone to guide you later on.

Selma

Posts: 1086 | From Switzerland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foggedup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7415

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foggedup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see Dr. C in MO., but all of my blood tests and follow-up work is done from a former Dr from the FFC in Fort Worth.

He is still in Fort Worth and if you want his name just let me know. I think I have your email from a long time ago.

The FT Worth Dr. rewrote my IV script that Dr C wrote so I could have insurance hopefully pay and it would be from this state.

Aetna would not pay a dime so I have not started the IV antibiotics.

I know you are sick and I am so sorry about your partner. Mine goes thru believeing and not believing from day to day...it is very draining.

Take care of yourself and hopefully the fort worth doc can help with the tests.

good luck,
Michele

Posts: 106 | From Texas | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Research shows (Dr. John Gottman)that distainful comments and looks (the smirk with rolling the eyes up) from a marriage partner have a strong correlation with the number and degree of illnesses that the other partner experiences.

Being with someone who is demeaning about your sufferring and experience of life inhibits your immune system. This may be one of the things you will need to treat in your new protocol. Good job with finding support and validation on lymenet!

bejoy

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement