LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » ABX - CHEAP AND WITHOUT A SCRIPT

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ABX - CHEAP AND WITHOUT A SCRIPT
Annxyz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annxyz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many of us are without insurance or without a reasonable price source for ABX. Though some may balk , I hope you will consider the desperation of needing treatment and being without resources . ( SAVE YOUR CRITICISM )

Many here have used VET meds . They are CHEAP , and as my pharmacist says , THEY ARE THE SAME DRUGS HE SELLS ! Even my pharmacist says we are totally ripped off by drug companies .

I am going to list a couple of sites that those who need to $AVE $$$ can investigate :

Thomas Veterinary Drug and K VET Supply .

They offer the same meds at a fraction- literally !!!!

Also , 4 corners Pharmacy has minocyline generic and DOXY . I think they are in Australia , but have an 800 number .

If you research VET MEDS , or Vet supply , you will find quite a few ways to get ABX cheaply ,safe and without hassle .

I hope this helps someone .

God bless all who are in this struggle and who feel desperate for treatment options.

--------------------
ANNXYZ

Posts: 744 | From Mineola | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup. I know a woman who self-treated back to good health and she had a muscular dystrophy from Lyme!!! RSD it was- She bought from the local feed store because she could not afford a doctor and was desperate and indigent and otherwise believed she would die. She could barely barely walk was lurching all over by that time. Now back to normal!!! Moved to Chico area-
Called to say howdy and let me know she was doing great-

was a great role model for me if ever I am left very poor & without a doctor!!! because it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree 110%.

I posted that once and had people jump down my throat. HOPE that doesnt happen to YOU!! And IF it does,let it roll off.

They said I couldnt say that. I am a big boy and I can say what I want,,,specially if its true!!

I knew a vet back in the 80's who NEVER went to a doc in his life,,neither did his wife,,,they self medicated off their vet shelves.

VERY few people are aware that vet supplies HAVE to be made to human specs!!!

Keep up spreading the word!!! There are those people out there that NEED to hear it!!! OVER AND OVER again,,,and yes we are being ripped off by the drug companies.yelling back--just don--

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My dog is taking an antianxiety medication that is also given to humans. I can get it four times cheaper on PetMeds. The only problem is they fax the vet to approve before mailing.

So, if you have a willing vet!

Kelly

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
radfaraf
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11909

Icon 1 posted      Profile for radfaraf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do all these sites need vet approval or some other catch that makes it a bit more difficult then just ordering?
Posts: 526 | From NJ | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greatcod
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some places offer fish antibiotics which need no script..doxy, tetra, amoxicillin, some others.
I don't know about animal ABX, whether they require a script or not.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
as a vet tech I will say that a large majority of "vet" meds are human meds. Doxy is Doxy. I have dipped into my animal stash when I have needed to.
Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annxyz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annxyz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that bicillin ( injectable ) is also available dirt cheap . It is EXTREMELY expensive (!) if you buy it through conventional way . BUT IT IS THE SAME !

I found vet meds on amazon ( fishcillin , fishcycline , fishzole ) and started investigating . Some of the reviewers said they used the fish cephalexin for infections and it worked great and saved a office call expense.

FLAGYL, AMOXYCILLIN, DOXY, and others are available for pennies .

You can investigate by checking out"veterinary meds" or " Veterinary supplies " in a search engine. Some of the sites ask for a script , but there are some where no script is required
at all .

When you see the cost of a bottle ( large ) of flagyl, or cephalexin, or bicillin , you will be stunned.

There are others here who have reported using vet bicillin after the cost became prohibitive
( farmdog) .

If anyone here has a particular site they want to add to the list , please do so .

Though some people may not approve, it is best to keep in mind that there are states where there are no docs to treat the disease , and many are already disabled and without insurance .

Unfortunately , those who are privately insured know that anything your insurance co has to pay for is ultimately held against you.

The reality for those without company insurance is that the insurance companies do not want to cover you unless you have ZERO problems , and will find a way to get rid of you once you do.

I got a policy from United healthcare and in six months my premiums went up fifty dollars , yet I had not filed one claim and had cost them nothing .

People who have normal insurance through a company do not know whata nightmare it is for others .

--------------------
ANNXYZ

Posts: 744 | From Mineola | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annxyz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9097

Cal Lyme , I wish you knew what ABX the desperate lady used to recover . I am curious .

--------------------
ANNXYZ

Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you do not have insurance that covers prescription drugs, you should also look at this website to see if you can get free or discounted drugs directly from the manufacturer

https://www.pparx.org

It can take weeks to get them, so it's not for somebody who needs something short term.

People give warnings about going through vet sites because there are real concerns.

It is illegal to purchase vet meds for human use, and anybody considering this should be aware of that.

A vet that writes a prescription for a human is putting their license at risk.

The bet meds may be different doseages, so you need to be aware what dose you need and what you are taking.

I'm just sharing information, not telling anybody what to do or not do.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annxyz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9097

Some of the meds have to be dose adjusted , but 500 mg cephalexin is still the same.
In the case of meds like bicillin , there is usually a CLEAR instruction to based on weight which is not complicated .

A thought: Why is it illegal for me to get these meds for MYSELF , but it is LEGAL TO BUY THEM FOR MY PET ?????

What should be illegal is the way the drug companies control meds . For example, we are told we can not legally get meds through other countries. YET, THE DRUG COMPANIES DO THE TESTING FOR THEIR DRUGS IN CHINA OR INDIA , BECAUSE IT IS CHEAPER .

THIS IS IMMORAL!
UNFORTUNATELY , these laws are designed to
control their profits and for no other good reason. ( Incidentally the Bush admin. allows the drug companies now to test overseas , and to
make the laws force people to buy the meds at grossly inflated prices within the US . The same meds are far cheaper in other countries !

Who is the GOVERNMENT REALLY trying protect ?
They may say they want to protect me, but in truth they want to protect their heft donations
to political parties from lobbyists .

My opinions may be " contraversial " but keep in mind , I have always been a Republican myself . I am stating facts.

--------------------
ANNXYZ

Annxyz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9097

Another site that to check out is vet-meds.com

--------------------
ANNXYZ

Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Annxyz,

I wasn't trying to make a moral argument. I just wanted to make sure people know. There are some people who are averse to doing anything illegal whether it is moral or not.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annxyz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9097

Aniek,

I see your point clearly and am not offended .
It is just a shame that health care in this country is totally about profits and not making people well .

It is a shame healthcare is obscenely expensive .

I live in Texas . There are people who come here from other states , keep their same insurers and yet their premiums double when moving here.

Other states enforce some regulations on insurers ; Texas does not . Why ? Could it be related to the fact that Texas is a staunch Rep. state ? That is my guess .

It is hard NOT to connect the dots between
spiralling healthcare and gas costs when you see the influence of the lobbyists and their ties to the party in power.

I am trying not to make inflammatory
statements or be offensive.

It is a terrible shame that so many in this country are going BANKRUPT from healthcare expenses, as MY DOCTOR TELLS ME , and yet the gov't does not seem to be doing any serious study of this debacle .

There are FOUR lobbysts for healthcare [ insurance comanies and drug companies ] for EVERY REPRESENTATIVE IN WASHINGTON ( LOU DOBBS ) .

What is shameful is the absolute power exerted by lobbyists that in effect control access or lack of it to decent healthcare , and this system is immoral , but LEGAL.

--------------------
ANNXYZ

merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a vet tech Any reputable Drug company is going to want a RX for a pet for sure. I am sure there are loop holes.

As far as dosing according to the Bicillin bottle dont do it. There are different doses for animals than for people. I dont know the doses for animals off the top of my head, but animals have a different metabolism. What I mean is we can take acetaminophen, but cats and dogs don't.

A dose for a 100 pound dog does not mean that the dose for a 100 pound woman is the same.

Please be careful every one.

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annxyz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9097

Thomas Veterinary drug is reputable. Many vet drugs are made by Big Pharma . There are meds available w/o a script thru reliable sources .

There are members HERE who took vet bicillin under the CARE OF THEIR PHYSICIAN due to financial isues .

My pharmacist says there is NO Difference between vet bicillin and regular except the exorbitant cost .

Each person here has to weigh the options , but often those who criticize are blessed with more resources and not desperate .

I am not advocating anything . I am making this info available because there are people who can not get drugs like bicillin , that costs thousands of dollars ( when it is only a couple hundred for vet bicillin) .

--------------------
ANNXYZ

bejoy
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An interesting note:

The first time a child was protected from abuse was by a social worker making a case through the ASPCA. There were laws against abusing animals, but not yet about children.

Interesting how it appears that high quality treatment for lyme is more available for animals, and at a much lower price.

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

I just want to be clear that I am not knocking anyone for what they do. "you gotta do what you gotta do" I would do it if I needed to. I am as poor as hell and I have no problem with doing it if I needed to.

I am just saying be careful!! Melissa

tailz
Unregistered

No prescription? Do they have meds for babesia?

I'm tired of being up at 4am.

We all need to realize the laws that were created to 'protect us' from harming ourselves with prescription meds REALLY were created to protect profits, and nothing else.

Anybody here heard about the movie 'Sicko'? I'm dying to see it. I'm not sure if it's out yet or not.

CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A- I don't remember honestly!!! Sorry!!!- S.

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

Which site has doxy? Or is it called something else? This is pretty bad - I used to remember this stuff - I worked for a vet.
Annxyz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9097

From what I can see, it appears that several of these sites sell bicillin equivalent w/0
a script for about $ 10 . Compare that to THOUSANDS for a few months treatment !!!

If you search veterinary supply , you will find lots of sources .

Most of them NEVER ask for a script at all for the "fishcillin" ( amoxycillin) , fishzole (FLAGYL) Fishflex ( cephalexin ) , fishcycline (DOXY) .

Check out :

Thomas Veterinary Drug
California Vet Supply
Vet-Meds.com
KV- Vet Supply

Or go to your local feed store and investigate .

I am ordering cephalexin ( FISHFLEX) to keep on hand for dental treatments and for my once or twice a year bronchitis infection. Why ? The last bronchitis infection left me with a $445 .00 bill from my GP , which was absurd for an office visit ! All I needed was cephalexin!

I know folks who have ordered minocycline through 4corners Pharmacy cheaply online , and also doxycycline is cheap for a large supply . They have been satisfied with the products .

Please note , I realize this is not ideal , but for those with limited options and failing health , it may be their only option and a godsend .

If my pharmacist had not assured me the quality of the vet meds , I might have been reluctant to share . He agrees we are being ripped off royally .

Anyone who tries this might run this by a pharmacist if you know one.

When I see what the drug companies charge for a few months of bicillin , compared to the same for vet supply , I understand why insurance premiums are SOOOO absurd!

--------------------
ANNXYZ

tailz
Unregistered

I think God should bless you for this post. The laws we have today are not working.
Annxyz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9097

Tailz , I appreciate the kind words . I realize this is not politically correct , but years ago , people were not denied medical care because they had a chronic illness or were not wealthy .

I SWEAR that we are approaching a stage in our country where even the middle class can not afford dental or medical care .

I am not destitute yet , but live on a tight budget . There is NO LLMD around ! The only one I know of costs thousands of dollars . AND I know folks who spent thousands on LLMD's and are still not well yet .

Like many others here , I go to bed worrying about insurance and health care . Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night feeling anxious about how to deal withthis.

The only reason I have insurance is that they DO NOT KNOW I have lyme . Unfortunately , I have to self treat now . I did start with a doc in Atlanta before moving to TX. There is NO TREATMENT in this state .

I am losing my hearing and even the ENT suspects lyme is the problem. He EVEN thinks I need long term ABX , but no one wants to risk losing their license in Texas .

The reason I am elaborating is because a lot of people here do not realize how desperate other members here are who do not have docs or meds
available .

I think any unconventional method should be carefully weighed by each individual . I have a helpful small town pharmacist who answers lots of Q's for me .

And I would be literally lost without the things people share here .

For more on vet bicillin, read Farmdog's posts or PM her .
Ann

--------------------
ANNXYZ

Annxyz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9097

Tailz , I appreciate the kind words . I realize this is not politically correct , but years ago , people were not denied medical care because they had a chronic illness or were not wealthy .

I SWEAR that we are approaching a stage in our country where even the middle class can not afford dental or medical care .

I am not destitute yet , but live on a tight budget . There is NO LLMD around ! The only one I know of costs thousands of dollars . AND I know folks who spent thousands on LLMD's and are still not well yet .

Like many others here , I go to bed worrying about insurance and health care . Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night feeling anxious about how to deal withthis.

The only reason I have insurance is that they DO NOT KNOW I have lyme . Unfortunately , I have to self treat now . I did start with a doc in Atlanta before moving to TX. There is NO TREATMENT in this state .

I am losing my hearing and even the ENT suspects lyme is the problem. He EVEN thinks I need long term ABX , but no one wants to risk losing their license in Texas .

The reason I am elaborating is because a lot of people here do not realize how desperate other members here are who do not have docs or meds
available .

I think any unconventional method should be carefully weighed by each individual . I have a helpful small town pharmacist who answers lots of Q's for me .

And I would be literally lost without the things people share here .

For more on vet bicillin, read Farmdog's posts or PM her .
Ann

--------------------
ANNXYZ

tailz
Unregistered

I'll tell you this - my entire life I have ALWAYS played by the rules - without exception. But my attitude has changed since then.

I saved my money as my symptom list increased every year while I was working. Luckily, I had enough in the bank when my symptoms flared again in the late 90's to apply for disability and wait for their decision. Since 'joint pain' wasn't exactly a dx, I had to go on disability for depression/anxiety/OCD. And I got it.

I had a record trail the length of a football field by then. I thought it was messed up that, though some days I couldn't move, I had to have a 'name' to call what I had to be declared disabled.

I'm still on disability, and though my sister helps, I live in fear. I never know if I'll have enough money from month to month because she too has her bills. I fear if I get reviewed, I am no longer on psych meds because I now know this is Lyme - not psych problems.

I can't exactly spend any of my sister's money on anything non-essential, and at 42, I have a little pride and want to live my life (as opposed to stagnate), too. This system has changed that for me. I live off my sister like some kind of bum - when I was a top-of-my class, high achiever my entire life.

I thought a year ago, when I finally figured out it was Lyme MYSELF, that I would be up and running by now. I've been on disability since 2000. Nope - now I stagnate some more, waiting for coinfections to turn positive so that insurance will approve my meds. Even my LLMD won't treat me unless I turn positive for coinfections

What it boils down to is...

I don't really care anymore if it is 'legal' to fight for your life and want to live and get the meds you need however you can. And anyone who disagrees is probably not in a situation where it would affect them.

God bless you for having the guts to post this, Ann. I really mean that.

groovy2
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All

MedsMex.com is a pharmacy in Mexico city that will
mail you meds in the US --No Script --
I got Spornex for a friend in Canada from them about
a month ago-- it takes about 2 weeks for the meds to
arrive at your house in a Plain Brown Box--

Throw in some spy music and you have a thriller
going on --

cost about one quarter the US price--Jay--

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardynaka
Member # 8099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardynaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm amazed to see how this forum changed during the last years. If I rembember well, 2 years ago when I first came here, there were a few posts about vet meds and everybody jumped in saying 'dont do this, it could be dangerous, don't self treat etc'.

I'm glad to see it has changed, because it's a shame to be left without treatment by society, so if there's NO other way, why not go for it??

That's the real morality. Laws should work for the welfare people and NOT THE OPPOSITE.

Sometimes there's NO other choice! I love people that dont' choose to be victims-ONLY and act.

The only problem is that someone may check into this forum and go after the offenders. So be careful in all senses!

Thanks for the info from vet practioners!

Posts: 1086 | From Switzerland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

Ah, let them come and get me - I don't care. I'll plead insanity, and all they'll have to do is look at my medical records from my FIFTY doctors, who all agree that I am not quite right in the head. Gee - wonder why?

If you think you all are angry at what happened to you, keep reading, and you'll see why I'm even angrier than most of you are. You're not ever going to believe this...

I forget what year it was that I started seeing this one neurologist for a second clip, but back in 2003 (I think it was), he started looking pretty cute to me all of a sudden. He had a dog. He was smart. He at least believed there was something wrong with me (unlike most of the docs I had seen up to that point).

Since I had Lyme and didn't know (and therefore, lacked tact), I decided - hmmm? - let's find out if he's married (he wasn't), and I asked him out.

He said no, but he also said some things that were extremely iffy. And no, it wasn't my Lyme. So each visit I made another attempt to get him to date me.

Shortly after my move here to Kutztown in fall 2004, however, I pretty much gave up on him. I pretty much figured he wasn't going to admit he was ever interested in me (even if he had been), so I joined JDate - and no, I'm not even Jewish. lol

I had created a profile awhile back, but had never joined. Well, I joined for a month, and who do you think I clicked on? Yep. My neurologist! lol

Needless to say, he terminated the doctor-patient relationship shortly after that event. I expected that, but just wait, it gets even better yet.

I had been on Klonopin, a benzo, for 15 or 16 years, and I thought I had developed a physical dependence to it, because every time I had tried to wean, I would experience extreme anxiety, insomnia, tremors - basically I would convulse. This neurologist had been the one prescribing it and was aware of this. I never abused it - never sold it - nothing - ever.

But when the neurologist pawned me off on my family doctor, he told my family doctor that I had asked him out socially, and my family doctor would not prescribe my Klonopin unless I was 'active in counseling' from that day forward. I had never had a problem getting prescriptions for this medication before. It was the only medication that had ever done anything long term for my symptoms whatsoever.

Unfortunately, this just so happened to occur during my biggest Lyme attack ever. So there I was - having a Lyme attack (sweats, chills, anxiety, insomnia, diarrhea - you name it) - my doctors all think I'm suffering from psychological problems for asking this neurologist out - and it just served to 'cement' their psychiatric/drug addiction dxs.

I remember sitting in a psychologist's office after that - and wanting to cry when she used the word 'addiction' with me. I called her on it. I wasn't addicted - I thought I was dependent, not addicted - I learned that, to doctors, there's no difference whatsoever between the two terms.

I honestly think doctors thought I had been 'doctor-hopping' (like most people with Lyme are 'guilty' of) for the sole purpose of getting more Klonopin. They probably think that's why I asked this doctor out, too. Even if I had been 'addicted', my Klonopin 'addiction' would have been the least of my worries at that point.

Mind you, I had also been on STEROIDS summer of 2004 - so just imagine how bad of a Lyme attack I was having from first the steroids - and now all this excitement. I dropped to 88 lbs and nobody would listen - they all thought I was anorexic, psychosomatic, and/or just plain psycho.

So summer of 2006, still without a diagnosis, I cold-turkeyed a 15 or 16 year benzo all on my own - in retrospect, WITH LYME. All 88 lbs of me. I made up my mind that I never wanted to see a doctor again - ever - and Klonopin was the ONLY thing that was keeping me going to them, because they certainly weren't coming up with any answers.

I'm still pinching myself that this system allowed something like this to happen. I could have died, but I honestly don't think I cared.

Funny thing is I don't even believe in the term benzo dependence any longer - I think it's chronic INFECTION. And after being treated like a common criminal over Klonopin, it wouldn't even phase me after this.

I know that was long - thanks.

Annxyz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9097

Tailz I am sorry about your doctor fiasco. I do think that part of our dilemma is that no one can imagine how miserable this feels and endless. I could have never imagined feeling as sick as I do now . I do not think they realize that we truly want to be productive and feel like part of the real world again.

Let's pretend that we live in the year 1946 ,
and we have a loved one who has a deadly infection like pneumonia or TB. There were no
PPO's , HMO's , deductibles , denials, blah , blah($$$$) .

What would Mr Smith do to keep his beloved child or wife alive ? ANYTHING ! Would he use
Elsie the cow's ABX if he knew it killed pneumonia ? Probably if that was all he had!
And his neighbors would have figured a way to help him find a safe conclusion- even the vet !

Fast forward to now . We have to sit and worry about losing our house if the insurance Co doesn't cover enough or we lose coverage . We have to worry about going to jail if someone finds out that we discovered Elsie's meds would work fine for us . That would have never happened in the past .

Of course , if we are here illegally we can go to the county hospital and have a baby every year for free - not even being a taxpaying citizen. ( There are 13,000 born in Dallas hospitals to illegals each year ) .

None of us WANTS to bend rules or risk legal trouble . But what is a person supposed to do as his life slips away , or he loses his hearing , or his heart is affected ?

The words to a great bluegrass tune : " The highest laws are written on the hearts of HONEST MEN" .

--------------------
ANNXYZ

tailz
Unregistered

Yeah, a lot sure has changed since the early 1900's.

The worst part is they had LESS proof that I was a drug 'addict' than I have that I have coinfections that still need to be treated, yet that didn't stop them from accusing me. It's sick.

I was so toxic last year around this time that even my eyebrows fell out. I lost gum tissue, and I don't have dental insurance. My teeth and gums were fine before all this.

And when I started infusing, they had to stop the Rocephin after only one WEEK because my liver cried out. I've heard some people have to stop after one month, but the numbers tell me I was 4 times as toxic as most people with Lyme by the time I got my diagnosis.

I have absolutely no life like this. I can't sleep. I can't work. I can't think. I can't eat like a normal person. I have to manually operate my immune system.

But I'll tell you this - Lyme is on such an upswing that, give it just a little bit longer, they are going to HAVE to listen soon, because there are going to be too many people with it to ignore it much longer.

Until then, I'll do whatever I have to do - legal or not. I don't owe this country my life.

farah
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for farah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was sick I got effective antibiotics, minocycline, amoxicillin, and flagyl from http://www.rx2world.com. I still get my albuterol inhaler and generic Flovent from there. If the system denies help for you, wasting and withering away is not an option. People need to do what they need to do. It isn't hard to find out about proper dosing and potential side effects now with the internet.

I wasn't happy that I had to do this, but I am glad I did do it and helped myself.

Farah

Posts: 208 | From New Mexico | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annxyz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9097

Thank you Farah for sharing . Most of us agree that wasting and withering are not a good option.

Our system is very very BROKEN.

--------------------
ANNXYZ

tailz
Unregistered

I'm just posting to keep this thread at the top. lol
radfaraf
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11909

Icon 1 posted      Profile for radfaraf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I placed an order with 4 corners Pharmacy yesterday. Will see what happens...
Posts: 526 | From NJ | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annxyz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9097

Radraf,

I read about 4corners at immune support . Another lady said she had bought meds through them for her family for a long time and had no problems.

Someone else I know buys minocycline through
4corners and is satisfied with the product .

--------------------
ANNXYZ

radfaraf
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11909

It took exactly 7 days for my order of Tramal(Ultram) to come. It works as it should too so I doubt it is counterfit which was my biggest worry.
mrsdizzy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11690

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrsdizzy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was sent monodoks from Turkey and I'm afraid to take it...it's suppose to be Doxy....hummmm

--------------------
"don't ever write anyone off, you'll never know who or what they will become"

Posts: 115 | From la la land | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annxyz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9097

Vet Supply Houses that have websites and appear to offer ABX without scripts :

California Vet Supply - 1 800 366 3047

KV Vet Supply - 1 800 423 8211

Entirely Pets.com 1 800 889 8967

Thomas Veterinary Drug 1 800 359 8387

4 corners Pharmacy has minocycline , doxycycline , and other ABX

Also , if you search Amazon.com for Pet meds ,
you can find "fishzole " ( flagyl) , "fishflex"
( cephalexin) and several other ABX like doxycycline. Amazon has lots of pet meds and some folks stated they took them ( ABX ) and
wrote reviews.

If you search google and look for "vet supply " and "bicillin" or pennicillin , you can find other vet supply houses that have it CHEAP.

Someone also posted they got bicillin through their local feed store and through
Tractor Supply Store , which probably has a website .

If you do a search on Thomas Veterinary Drug
you will find a long list of feed stores that sell their pharmach grade meds for pets , along with phone numbers . You can probably order through these feed stores .

I hope this list will help some here , and I hope others who research will add their findings .

We are all trying to survive , simply put .

--------------------
ANNXYZ

just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just bought long acting pen,,,for $14.99 for a 250ml bottle for MY animals use. Bought two bottles to be sure I had enough for the job at hand. NO eyes rolled when checking out,no questions, no nothing,,,but I probaly LOOK like I needed it!!!(No NOT me personally)

I bought other animal stuff same time.

AND I buy ALOT of animal stuff there. I am well known by most cashiers. That place is like some peoples candy store,,,my favorite place to 'shop'

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bump to help those who need affordable meds .

Another member here who has a lot of good advice on finding CHEAP meds , is Groovy2 , who is also very helpful .

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amk33
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amk33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
annxyzz, I looked at a bunch of those sites, and either they don't carry rifampin, or you need a script for it. Do you know of any pharmacy or tractor supply that you can get it without a script? Maybe there's another name for it for pets?

Thanks for all the great information. Were you the one that was taking horse paste ivermectin? Someone was taking it for FL1953, I can't remember who. If so, how did it go? I took stromectol for a while, but, noticed no difference, except that after taking that, and alinia (at different times), I have no more IBS symptoms. It's so obvious now, that they were some sort of parasite, not detected in stool tests. Parasites are probably what causes everyone's IBS, and the gastros have no clue, and just prescribe other meds as "bandaid fixes". Hate this medical system..

Posts: 418 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement