LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Daryl Hall Talks Lyme on Fox News

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Daryl Hall Talks Lyme on Fox News
Jill E.
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill E.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm watching Daryl Hall right now on Neal Cavuto's Your World business show on Fox News. He gave an excellent overview of the four tick diseases he has, his misdiagnosis, the seriousness (potential fatality), his going to Dr. B., his being on long-term antibiotics.

I will send an email to Neal Cavuto thanking him for the coverage. The email address is [email protected]

Jill

--------------------
If laughter is the best medicine, why hasn't stand-up comedy cured me?

Posts: 1773 | From San Diego | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6897

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THANKS DARYL WHERE EVER YOU ARE !!!!!!
Posts: 983 | From The sky | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hwlatin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4123

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hwlatin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw the same interview. I have heard him talk on several occasions, he really drives home how serious this illness really is.

One interesting point about him talking about his ex-girl friend who also suffers from this disease. Makes you wonder how he contracted it. Not enough is be said about how contagious this disease can really be.

Posts: 533 | From Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cactus
Member # 7347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cactus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will send a thank you, too. I didn't see it, but already have seen some good effects, on a personal level.

Just got a phone call about this interview from some extended family members, who now feel there are many undiagnosed Lymies walking around.

Wow, I don't know what Daryl Hall said, but it seems to have been effective!

--------------------
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again? - A.A. Milne

Posts: 1987 | From No. VA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6897

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Already wrote to Cavuto...!!
Posts: 983 | From The sky | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill E.
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill E.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I thought the same thing when he mentioned his girlfriend had it, and that's why she suspected it in him.

I'm emailing Neal now. I'll have to record it tomorrow because I won't be home but I want to see how many of our responses are on the email section at the end of the show.

Jill

--------------------

Posts: 1773 | From San Diego | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sojourner
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sojourner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey maybe someone should tell Neal to get tested, too. You know he's got MS.
Posts: 554 | From Naples, Italy | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
His show should be repeated sometime tonight.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 95255 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know what time the show is repeated?
I'd love to see it. Thanks

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foggy
Member # 1584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foggy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very good to hear. I wish Dayrl would become more envolved with The Columbia Center & LDA, & help their fundraising & publicity efforts...
Posts: 2451 | From Lyme Central | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just e-mailed cavuto.

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cactus
Member # 7347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cactus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks like there's another Cavuto show on at 5 am - not sure if it will be the same one.

--------------------
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again? - A.A. Milne

Posts: 1987 | From No. VA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill E.
Member # 9121

Trueblue,

I'm not seeing a listing in my local paper or on the FoxNews website about a rebroadcast, although my father swears there is one. But I'm thinking it must be in the wee hours because I know their evening lineup.

I emailed Neil Cavuto, although I think my email was probably too long to make it on air. I just couldn't figure out what to edit out. Hope at least one of us makes it on the air.

I also posted on CaliforniaLyme so some of those people should be sending emails, too.

Jill

--------------------

trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Cactus and Jill,

Heh, my TV guide thingy skips from 2:30 am until 7. [Roll Eyes]

I looked online and found a listing, as you said, at 5am. Jill sounds like Dad is right. [Smile]

I can't imagine it would be a new show at that hour. But what do I know. Just got to remember to tape it.

--------------------
more light, more love

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part of the interview is on Fox's website. Unfortunately, NONE of the part about Lyme is.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6897

http://www.foxnews.com/video2/player06.html?072307/072307_cav_hall&Your_World&Old%20School&Old%20School&Your%20World&-1&Business&271&&&exp

It is so sad....I just watched the segment and nothing about lyme...what a shame.... they might have more hits if the lyme issue was to be included....

Jill E.
Member # 9121

Hopefully enough of us emailed Neil Cavuto, so maybe they will realize there is a demand for this kind of information and post the entire interview.

Jill

--------------------

Beverly
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 1271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beverly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I missed it, I hope they air it again.

Thank you Jill for letting us know, and thank you Daryl!!!!

[group hug]

Posts: 6626 | From Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rats. I missed it too. Good for Cavuto!
Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

I've set the VCR to tape at 5 am. Hopefully, I've programmed it correctly [Roll Eyes] and it'll be the right episode. *crossed fingers*

--------------------
more light, more love

CaliforniaLyme
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FINALLY he is making up for all the WRONG he has done in the world*)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES*)!*)!!!!
As a moody teenager I had SO MANY people come up to me and SING to me over and over, SARAH SMILE SARAH SMIIILE SARAH SMILE Saaaaraaaaha!!!! AGH!!!

I forgive you forever now Daryl*)!*)!!

BLESS YOU!*)*!)*)!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
savebabe
Member # 9847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for savebabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great interview!!!

Thanks Daryl

Posts: 1603 | From ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foggy
Member # 1584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foggy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CaliforniaLyme:
FINALLY he is making up for all the WRONG he has done in the world*)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES*)!*)!!!!
As a moody teenager I had SO MANY people come up to me and SING to me over and over, SARAH SMILE SARAH SMIIILE SARAH SMILE Saaaaraaaaha!!!! AGH!!!

I forgive you forever now Daryl*)!*)!!

BLESS YOU!*)*!)*)!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe Daryl was "out of Touch" from Lyme fog? lol! [bonk] [Big Grin]
Posts: 2451 | From Lyme Central | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foggy
Member # 1584

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/index.html

Link is on the right

Here's Part 2

http://www.brightcove.com/title.jsp?title=1119228323

Foggy
Member # 1584

http://www.hallandoates.com/news.php
Ann-OH
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there a part 3?
ann-oh

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Foggy for the link but sorry I can't find the link on the left...did they change the page ?or am I totally out to lunch [bonk]

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foggy
Member # 1584

Try Part 2, all about his Lyme. Very good stuff!

http://www.brightcove.com/title.jsp?title=1119228323

Jill E.
Member # 9121

I just watched Neil Cavuto today (Tuesday, July 24) and unfortunately, none of our emails were read. I know that several of us from Lymenet as well as CaliforniaLyme sent emails to thank him for Daryl Hall's story and the coverage of Lyme Disease.

I can only hope that he will pass along the emails to one of their producers as an idea for a possible story.

Thanks to everyone who did send emails.

Jill

--------------------

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
before lymenet went down last night, i happened to read this post, so i stayed up to 5 am to listen to it; good job!

just NOW sent my email since i just got up for day.

what time does neil's show come on during the day? never watch it.

how did you happend to come across it? was it advertised? thanks [Wink]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill E.
Member # 9121

Betty,

Neil Cavuto's Your World program comes on Fox News (note, this is the Fox News Channel on cable, not Fox broadcast)at 4 p.m. EST/1 p.m. PST. It is a one-hour program.

I just happened to be watching because I sometimes watch this business program. As soon as I saw Daryl Hall being interviewed about the changes in the music industry, I had a feeling that Neil might ask him about Lyme, given that Neil Cavuto is very open about his own MS.

I will watch again tomorrow to see if, by any chance, our emails make it on one day late. He reads viewer mail the last few minutes of the program.

Jill

--------------------

Lymeblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6897

OK people this is the opportunity we were waiting for IMO, lets email to Cavuto our stories..specially those of you initially misdiagnosed with MS...he might pursue at the end to see an LLMD if he has lyme....what you guys think? Maybe I'm just dreaming or something....
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, i didnt realize he saw Dr B and was coinfected. Ive always like hall and oates, they were in philly for the 4th of july, I watched them on TV.

It would be great if daryl could get more invovled.

I wonder if he came on this site to 'quickly educated himself'

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
fyi, during the time i've been sending our newbie packages since last aug/sept., we've had at least 3 dozen plus country entertainers join and some showed Nashville.

we'll never know unless THEY chose to share that with us all! [Wink]

Lymeblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6897

up!
Pure Lymie League
Member # 10421

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Lymie League     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Sarah,
I was also " labeled " because of this song.
My 7th grade teacher called me Smile A While.

My husband and I went to a Hall and
Oates show Sept.2005, and as I was watching I

said, I can't believe he is able to perform
with Lyme, not knowing I had Lyme myself.

Sara, AKA Smile A While

Posts: 81 | From Nashville Tennessee | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David95928
Member # 3521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David95928     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was never able to find Part II

--------------------
Dave

Posts: 2034 | From CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foggy
Member # 1584

Daryl on Inside Ed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVE4H54YsrM

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 4 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
foggy, great interview on inside edition! thx [Wink]
nan
Member # 63

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watch the Neil Cavuto segment with Hall here:

http://www.foxnews.com/yourworld/index.html

scroll down and find Darryl

I did not see the part where he talks about his Lyme, etc. Guess they cut it out!

--------------------
nan

Posts: 2135 | From Tick Country | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blueocean
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5860

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blueocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey guys,

thank you for keeping us posted about daryl hall's
interview.

i checked out the site and did not hear anything
mentioned about lyme disease.

is there another site to check out?

thanks.

healing wishes,
b

Posts: 112 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill E.
Member # 9121

I followed up by watching Neil Cavuto's program the two days after the interview, and he did not read any of our emails, unfortunately.

Jill

--------------------

Dancer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dancer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's viewable on the Hall and Oates website!

It is currently the top paragraph on the home page - "Daryl on Fox News" - click on "part two" for the Lyme segment. It takes a while to load, at least for me, but it does work.

http://www.hallandoates.com/index.php

Yay Daryl for spreading the word!!
and thanks everybody who posted this!
[woohoo] [woohoo]

Posts: 227 | From South of the North Pole | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can always count on this web site to have a link to something I have missed on tv. Thanks to all that keep us up to date. Great interview!!!

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement