LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » abnormally low body temp--what's up?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: abnormally low body temp--what's up?
adamm
Unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since I haven't had a fever since the acute stage of

my infection ended about a week after my bite, but

I'm pretty sure that my body temperature has been

consistently lower than it was before then. Is this

common with TBI's?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it is. The spirochetes don't like heat and are able to lower body temperature. Don't ask me how.

The other possibility is that the Lyme has already affected your thyoid gland.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 95430 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kitkat32
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9682

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitkat32     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have found this to be true for me.

My normal body temp for the last few years is right around 97.4.

So, when I am at 99...like today...it is a fever.

My family doctor just laughs at me when I tell him this. Even though it's right in my records that my temp is low. [dizzy]

kit

Posts: 655 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter is always around 96.2-97.

My husband went to the doctor last week and his was in the 96's! I'm worried about him.

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, all in my family who are sick, including myself have low body temps. Tutu is right, could also be thyroid.

Terry

Posts: 6282 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeindunkirk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeindunkirk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Almost all of the infected have lower then normal temps. After having a lower then normal temp for at least twenty years, it is now back to normal after three years of treatment.
Posts: 547 | From Maryland | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
disturbedme
Member # 12346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine has always been low. I always thought it was due to my hypothyroidism, but after being on meds and having my TSH in the right range, it's still pretty low.

I didn't know it was something lyme could do, but it makes sense.

--------------------
One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Posts: 2965 | From Land of Confusion (bitten in KS, moved to PA, now living in MD) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alliebridge
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alliebridge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lyme gave me hypothyroid (nice gift!) and I thought THAT (hypothyroid)was the cause of my low body temp. Hmm...
Posts: 366 | From MA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cootiegirl
Member # 3216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cootiegirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At my worst, my body temp went down to 94!!! That really scared me because I thought I might die of hypothermia or something, but the doc assured me that it wouldn't happen. Overall my temp would be around 96. No thyroid issues so it was definitely the ketes keeping my body as their cold storage system. Now my temp is up around hi 97-98 - a veritable heatwave to nuke those remaining ketes.
cootiegirl

Posts: 1728 | From New York State | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Getting your body temp back to normal is almost esential to getting well. One of the weakest points for the bacteria is heat. The lower the temp/the better for them.

Taking low dose armour thyroid helped me.

adamm
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoa, thanks! But what other symptoms besides low temp would I likely have if it were screwing with my thyroid?

Oh well... luckily the LLMD I'm going to see is highly regarded for his treatment of thyroid disorders!

Rianna
Member # 11038

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rianna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My throid was also effected by Lyme, I cannot tollerate any T4 synthroid or Armour but take timed release T3 - this helped me so much.

Rianna

Posts: 1172 | From UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All

your temp changes threw the day by a degree or 2
for a healthy person -

If you have constant low temp -

96 - 93 - Babs causes this -

Babs is Real common as a Co Infection ---

From what I have Seen it looks like 70%
of folks have Babs also -

Babs is a Real Tuff bug and and Hard to
to get rid of and treatment can take
18 plus months of treatment --

Mepron- Bactrim DS -Quinine- Artemisinin
are some of the common medicine used for this --

There is a pill form of mepron-
I can not remember the Name -

Tonic Water has Quinine in it--
You Can Buy it at most stores -
Look by the Beer section --

Tonic Water helped me a Great Deal-
I personally cant stand the taste-
But some folks like it -

I have been drinking it Everyday -
for 18 months - 3 to 4 liters a day -
Thats close to 1900 bottles of
-- Luscious Liquid --

Let me tell you I am Looking Forward
to the day that I Never
drink Any of that Again - I am Serious --

I just figured out that I spent $950
on Tonic Water - was Worth Every Penny --

I get the Diet Kind --
2 Liters cost $1 --

Drinking Tonic Water May Be the
Best Test to See if you Have Babs -

It will make you Herx -
when you drink it

I think if you Drink 3 to 4
Liters a day for a Week -

If You Herx -- You Have Babs --

This is Just- My Test --

But I Bet in a few years -
Doctors will be Using this Test -

Try the Jay Test and See what Happens -

Your Jay Test Cost $14 - Simple - Easy -

--Jay--

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlisonP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlisonP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Usually my temp is around 96. I started taking iodine and my temp went back to normal.

--------------------
 -

The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. --- Edward R. Murrow

Posts: 923 | From California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement