LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Profound fatigue after meal/eating?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Profound fatigue after meal/eating?
justwondering
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12813

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justwondering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this happens to everyone to some degree, healthy or not.

Yet does anyone else find the fatigue that accompanies even a small meal or snack debilitating?

I often dread eating b/c I know how tired I will get.

What are some things that could cause this?

Posts: 209 | From maryland | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
justwondering,

Have you been tested for food allergies?

My husband suffers chronic fatigue and he says everytime he eats anything with wheat in it, his energy drops to the floor and he can't function. He is NOT a good eater and highly resisted change to his diet, but it has finally become so bad he has had to take notice.

For him to tell me wheat has this effect on him, tells me it is really bad. So this week we are trying to go gluten free with him. I'm involved because I am the cook in the family. His idea of cooking is microwave popcorn.

Luvs

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
justwondering,

Have you been tested for food allergies?

My husband suffers chronic fatigue and he says everytime he eats anything with wheat in it, his energy drops to the floor and he can't function. He is NOT a good eater and highly resisted change to his diet, but it has finally become so bad he has had to take notice.

For him to tell me wheat has this effect on him, tells me it is really bad. So this week we are trying to go gluten free with him. I'm involved because I am the cook in the family. His idea of cooking is microwave popcorn.

Luvs

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeast in the digestive track can cause fatigue after eating especially a meal high in carbs or sugar.

Patrick

Posts: 142 | From Florida | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanda
Member # 14107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An overgrowth of bad yeast in your digestive track can cause you to feel tired after eating. Abx can cause overgrowth of yeast in your system.

Try eating a small meal that is completely free of any carbohydrates, like a piece of chicken. If you are not as tired, that might be clue its yeast.

Regardless of outcome, I would go to the Doc and tell them whats going on. Amanda

--------------------
"few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" - Mark Twain

Posts: 1008 | From US | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heart issues maybe???......

but yeast and/or wheat could be the culprit, that's for sure!

www.celiac.com

[ 23. January 2008, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 95978 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catalysT
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for catalysT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Depends what I eat. I now avoid pasta type products. It wasn't just the wheat ones either, I tried pasta made of other flours and stuff.

So basically I avoid high carb stuff, and if I eat fruit or things with decent amounts of sugars, I take some gymnema sylvestre (anti-diabetic herb) extract with it and that seems to help.

--------------------
"You know, the worst, meanest, nastiest, ticks in the world are politicks," - Steve Nostrum

Posts: 242 | From South NJ | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have orthostatic hypotension (as do a number of us) and low blood volume. I assumed that my fatigue was due to all the blood going to the stomach to digest food.

Even if you don't have orthostatic hypotension, it does take energy to digest food and if one is low on energy, it makes sense that this would be a drain.

I also think that food allergies and many of the other things that people have mentioned could be a problem for some people.

Terry

Posts: 6285 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justwondering
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12813

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justwondering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo, what could be the connection with the heart? The only test I had done on my heart was an EKG which came back normal, although I feel I have a lot of heart symptoms.

I think I am going to try cutting some foods out and see if I notice a difference.

And the yeast is also something I need to look into.

I also have low blood pressure and have been prone to fainting - possible hypotension?

I guess this issue isn't as common as I thought and apparently I need to look into it further!

Thanks, everyone!

Posts: 209 | From maryland | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kbholley
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kbholley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My EKG's, Stress Test, Echo's all came back normal. If you have other heart issues, I would request a Cardiac Cather.

I had a complete blockage in the right coranary artry, which caused my heart attack at the age of 38, in nov. 2006.

I complained for two or three years about chest pains and aching in my heart, and increased blood pressure.

Just a suggestion.

--------------------
OK...I'll play your silly games.

Finding my happy place.

Brenda-Lee

Posts: 126 | From Florida | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HamDune
Member # 14139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HamDune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by justwondering:
I also have low blood pressure and have been prone to fainting - possible hypotension?

If you've not already, I would check adrenal and/or thyroid function. Low BP is classic Adrenal Fatigue and the ASI test is relatively accurate from my experience.

If, for some reason you cannot do this test, I have been looking into another way to confirm or support an endocrine issue from temperature patterns according to Dr. Rind and I would suggest that as a possibility. He discusses how specific patterns correlate to adrenal fatigue and other patterns to thyroid metabolic issues.

There are a lot of factors that could lead to your fatigue worsening after meals: blood sugar, gut dysbiosis, endocrine, low stomach acid, etc.

My LLMD recently made the suggestion that my Bart could be causing this, as the disruption of the RBCs leads to lack of the proper blood flow to the GI tract upon consumption of meals.

Hope this helps, justwondering. Let us know your thoughts as well as any other questions.

Posts: 85 | From Texas | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trish4
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trish4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My fatigue seems to be so severe right now that I cant even tell the difference if its worse when I eat. But in the past it never was a problem
Posts: 370 | From NJ | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Lymetoo, what could be the connection with the heart?

I think the same issue as Tracy stated. All the blood goes to the digestive tract to digest the food and there's less left for the heart to use.

Thus, the fatigue.

DIET, DIET, DIET is the key. Then, be sure to follow the 5 step plan outlined below. It was developed by my naturopath. It works.

Candida diet and elimination:
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/021412.html

http://www.wholeapproach.com/diet/

Lyme symptoms list compared with yeast symptoms
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/021202.html

"Successful control and elminiation of a Candida Albicans overgrowth requires a multifaceted program as described below. Failure to follow ALL the steps simultaneously will result in slow progress and will lengthen healing time significantly. The program should be tailored to the individual and must balance the need to eliminate the Candida and deprive it of its food source while insuring proper nutrition for the individual."

Five Steps to Candida Elimination:

1. You must starve it into submission by eliminating its food source.

2. You must kill it with anti-fungal herbs and supplements. [e.g....garlic, onion, caprylic acid, Pau D'Arco capsules or tea, clove, grapefruit seed extract, olive leaf extract, oil of oregano, tea tree oil, Echinacea, Goldenseal, black walnut, MSM, barberry root, uva ursi, neem leaf, biotin]

3. You must reestablish the proper balance and quantity of probiotic bacteria in the digestive tract. [...multi-strain lactobacillus acidophilus and bifidus capsules with FOS should be taken between meals to maximize repopulation of the digestive tract by beneficial bacteria.]

4. You must reestablish proper levels of all B vitamins (yeast free) and utilize other immune enhancing supplements to boost immune system function. [e.g ... B complex vitamins (yeast free), biotin, beta 1-3 glucan, colostrum, maitake mushroom, vitamins A, C, E, zinc and selenium]

5. You must cleanse and heal the digestive tract to promote proper elimination of toxins and Candida and assimilation of nutrients. [e.g...chlorophyll, MSM, omega 3 fatty acids found in flax seed and salmon oils, GLA found in borage, evening primrose and black currant oils. Pantothenic acid, digestive enzymes between meals]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 95978 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zil
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zil     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might try researching reactive hypoglycemia.
Posts: 383 | From Ar | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get tired after I eat carbs and sugar.

Stay away

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justwondering
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12813

i am going to try eliminating certain things and see what happens!

I had never even thought of most of these possibilities before.

THANK YOU all for the great opinions and advice

[ 24. January 2008, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: justwondering ]

Amir Agha
Member # 14473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amir Agha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All of the suggestions seem great. I would also look into eating food combination correct: starches together, proteins together, fats, etc. fruit on its own.

Regardless of the causes of your fatigue from eating, eating food combination correct will at least lessen the burden on your body upon consumption.

Do a google search and/or there are books out there on it.

Posts: 3 | From K.C. | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ellie K
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ellie K     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
get tested for celiac's!
Posts: 390 | From Oakland, CA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCrimeOfLyme
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I guess this issue isn't as common as I thought and apparently I need to look into it further!

OH is quite common with Lyme Disease- it stands for orthostatic hypotension and with all you described, it sounds exactly what you have.

Does taking a hot bath make you tired, dizzy, feel light headed as well? Thats usually a large sign to OH as well. YOu would need a cardiac tilt table test to diagnose it and a whole different host of medication for it.

After five long years battling OH, I am finally free from it. I feel for you, but it does sound like what you have.

I still get so tired to this day after I eat, I actually do nap sometimes. And, other times, I will eat and all my symptoms will flare. If you have OH, its because blood pools in the stomach to digest what you just ate, further taking away from the lack of blood you are already

getting to your brain. I used to say :if I don't eat, walk or bathe, I would be normal. Thats OH.

--------------------
You want your life back? Take it.

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Low bp huh? Okay well when you eat your body does this it sends it resources ie blood etc to the intestines to transport the nutrients away to where they are needed and when you have lyme or any tbi it really lets you know by making you exausted it happens to me now a 15min nap and iam like new.

Also I would get your sugar checked before you eat and at the time you get sleepy then a hour later and see where its at.

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sojourner
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sojourner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband had that!!

He never experienced this before becoming sick. And it was not the, "Oh I just ate a ton of pasta" kind of tired. It was an overwhelming fatigue that didn't seem to be gut related.

With treatment that no longer happens (at all), but I would say for about 6 months during early treatment it was significant.

Posts: 554 | From Naples, Italy | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justwondering
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12813

2007 | IP: Logged

Amir Agha
Thanks for the tips! I have begun experimenting today by watching closely how I feel after I eat anything.

I did not have any wheat/gluten but was still exhausted after a small healthy meal and had to lay down for an hour to nap.

So I will research the other possibilities, too!
there on it.

Ellie K
I have often wondered if it could be celiac's, but I had a "normal" colonoscopy a couple of years ago. Wouldn't they have seen indications of the disease?

The crimeoflyme
Wow you sound just like me! I have all those same problems. I have never looked into OH but will definitely for sure. One more thing to add to the list of living with Lyme, I guess....

--------------------
treepatrol
can I buy something at the store to check my sugar on my own at home?

Sojourner
I am sorry your husband experiences that, too. it definitely makes day to day difficult, having to plan your activities around mealtimes and naptimes.

Going out to a restaurant for dinner can be a natural sleeping pill for me!

So good he is feeling better these days.

You guys are all wonderful for taking the time to help me WOW!

HamDune
Member # 14139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HamDune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
can I buy something at the store to check my sugar on my own at home?
You can purchase blood sugar monitors at most pharmacies. If you want to investigate the blood sugar avenue, purchasing one of those would be a smart step.

Are you having other symptoms of blood sugar issues? Things like getting shaky and irritable if you go without eating for a few hours and you feel better when you eat sugary or high-carb meals/snacks?

Also, are you over/underweight?

Those are things to consider, but I would agree with whoever mentioned food combination dieting (with a healthy diet of course). Won't heal you, but will most likely help.

A few years ago (when my brain could actually absorb books) I read a book on food combination and the nutritionist who wrote it said that eating healthy, but combination incorrect can be as bad as eating less healthy as far as your digestion is concerned.

Don't know how much I agree with that statement, but squash all doubt and eat healthy AND combination correct. [Cool]

Posts: 85 | From Texas | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

"Ellie K
I have often wondered if it could be celiac's, but I had a "normal" colonoscopy a couple of years ago. Wouldn't they have seen indications of the disease?"

NO, not at all! You would have to have an endoscopy.. the other end!! [Wink]

Even at that, you would have to consume the equivalent of 5 slices of bread for 90 days to make sure the test would be a true and valid one.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

justwondering
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12813

HamDune

you asked "Are you having other symptoms of blood sugar issues? Things like getting shaky and irritable if you go without eating for a few hours and you feel better when you eat sugary or high-carb meals/snacks?"

and that is soooo me, irritable and even waking up from a nap or in the middle of the night absolutely craving salty cheez its all the time

As far as my weight, I guess I would be considered underweight

I am beginning to think this is a blood sugar issue, it just makes sense

THANK YOU

Lymetoo

THANKS for the info about celiac's, I had no idea. I actually had an endoscopy once, too, (during all my "what the heck is wrong with me???" doctor visits) so I might possibly be celiac's-free!

THANK YOU ALL for taking so much time to help me:)

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. I am not a doctor, but I DID stay at a Holiday Inn Express!

oops!
Lymetutu

Shosty
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reactive hypoglycemia would not be right after eating.

You could have yeast/leaky gut, in which food molecules migrate through the porous gut lining (porousness from yeast burrowing in, as a result of antibiotics)and create systemic reactions, especially neuorological ones. Both my daughter and I have had this.

I can feel the reaction happen in my brain instantaneously, with sensations I get, and so can tell right away not to eat that food again!

Here is what healed us:

1) find integrative med. doc, pref, one covered by insurance
2) do tests for intestinal permeablity, yeast, dysbiosis etc.
3) if needed, do yeast treatment with fluconazole and/or nystatin (at least 6 weeks fluc. at 200mg)
4) improve immune system (various ways)
5) take Gastrocrom liquid in water, 4 times a day (2 vials), can get from MD, by Rx
6) do elimination diet for food allergy diagnosis (also include yeast elimination elements)
7) reintroduce foods one at a time, slowly, and permanently avoid those causing reactions
8) for these reactions, use allergy products, Zantac, also Alka=seltzer gold and gastrocrom help
9)of course, do good pro-biotics

I am now unable to eat a huge number of foods, amazing...my daughter is back on everything but wheat and dairy...We both got woozy after eating before getting this help, and a lot of other problems too, which are all gone now.

BTW if I make a mistake, or eat something at restaurant that I thought was safe, I get HUGE Lyme symptoms, including extreme wooziness and neuropathy..within a minute!

I will never go on abx again if I can survive without. I did 6 years, and my gut is still having problems.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only read your post..not the others so I may be repeating something here.

I, too, had the profound fatigue after eating. It took a lot out of me to digest just a little bit of food.

And I noticed if I drank my meals and ate things that were easier to digest I was in much better shape.

Back then, I was not able to prepar meals or do the grocery shopping or much of anything.

I was just thinking the other day that it is rare I have this problem now.

Partly because of treatment and partly because of learning to live within my limits.

If I do over do it...I have the problem of not being able to swallow at this time or eat much at all.

I am beginning to be able to eat like a normal person lately for the most and enjoying it very much.

Meaning I am able to increas my food intake..still don't eat much..but much better than before.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've noticed that I get CRUSHING fatigue after drinking any high protein drinks and I thought they were supposed to give you energy.

I've only used the ones that are not highly sweetened because I can't handle the sugar. I just can't seem to find any that don't do this to me. I also get very tired when I take a lot of supplements.

I don't know why. [Frown]

[confused]

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that I think of it, I do get tired whenever I eat more than a few bites of anything.

I tend to eat very small quantities of food throughout the day and avoid actually sitting down to a typical "meal". [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hurtingramma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurtingramma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I, like AliG, also get tired after eating protein. A few years ago I started eating a little protein with my salad lunch following Dr.'s orders, now every afternoon after I eat I just want to lie down. Not a good thing when I'm at work [Razz]

Any expaination for that anyone?

--------------------
"Few of us can do great things, but all of us can do small things with great love". Mother Theresa

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1629665573&ref=name

Posts: 938 | From Northeast Kingdom Vermont | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes pharmacies sell sugar checking devices.

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justwondering
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12813

I am amazed this thread is still going and surprised that so many others experience this!

Shosty

Leaky gut would not surprise me.

The fatigue is instantaneous, like you said.

Your list is so helpful. I just don't know how dedicated I can be to making so many changes!

My Dad, who probably has Lyme but has not been tested, also has this problem. As soon as he eats, he has to go lie down.

Makes me wonder if maybe this is hereditary...

Thanks so much for your help and I am glad you and your family have found some relief and ways to deal:)

kam
That is great you are now finding relief after all this time.

Sorry you have had to deal with it as well.

Thank you for your help!

AliG
You sound like me - have to eat a little here and there and knowing what will happen if you sit down and eat a big meal.

With all the info from this thread we can search out possibilites and figure this thing out!

Thank you:)

hurtingramma
I don't know the answer about the protein, but I hope you can find your answer in this wonderful thread!

Thanks everyone

tickled1
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was at my worst, I would have to lay down immediately after eating meals and I would jerk and twitch uncontrollably.

I have POTS syndrome (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) due to the Lyme that is a little better now and low blood volume so I think this happened to me because of my low blood volume and the blood going to my digestive tract.

Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickled1
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To add to what I said also, POTS is pretty much the same as OH (orthostatic hypotention).

At my worst, my blood pressure was 79/39 and my resting pulse was about 160.

I would also recommend going to a cardiologist and having a tilt table test. However, if you test positive, they may want to put you on florinef which is a type of steroid. I don't think it's the kind we can't have.

I was put on it after diagnosed but weaned myself off because I actually thought it made me feel worse. I have read other posts though where it made some feel better.

There are many other meds they treat it with as well or if it's not too bad they may just tell you to eat more salt and drink more fluids to get your blood volume up.

It sounds like most on here with this seem to do better after being on abx for awhile.

Best of Luck to you!

If you want to "talk" more about this you can PM me!

Laura

Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Radha
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Radha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have bad POTS and lyme and babs and low blood volume and have major major problems with eating, terrible pressure headaches, adrenaline rushes and getting too hyper and have to lie down right away and always starving because i can only eat so so little and i dont eat sugar, lots of carbs, or caffeine, or gluten or dairy, and still so so sick from eating, i take so much beta blockers just to keep heart calm but still so many other symptoms when i eat, how did those with POTS get relief from the eating problems? thanks for any help, i am very desperate!
Radha

Posts: 392 | From New York | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement