LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Is Rife Sound Waves?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is Rife Sound Waves?
jamescase20
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I downloaded a shareware program that claims to be a rife machine. The buzzing sounds seem to be making my shoulders tingle, like I get after about 1 hrs after abx. This seems to be working! Sound waves? I thought rife was emf's.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

My knowledge of Rife units is that they are silent, except for fans in some units used just for cooling the equipment.

Rife is not EMF, rather radio frequencies - although any electrical device will have EMF (unless shielded). Even battery operated devices like a walkman will also have EMFs.

If you can post a LINK or give us details about what you have then you might be able to get some input. It would be hard to comment until we know more.

Whether this is truly RIFE or not, specific sound waves may be helpful in some ways such as engaging the brain or ears, or both - or calming breathing. The book, The Mozart Effect, explains this as do other books on music therapy.

On the flip side, some sound waves can produce vertigo or irritate the ears and brain, too. Some can trigger heart rhythm shifts (not a good thing). Sound waves are the force of the air vibrating. The specific pitch, tone, frequency, timbre, etc. all make a difference in how we perceive.

As to whether sound waves just by themselves can kill pathogens, well, if that were the case we'd all be well.

[edited to add: maybe specific sound waves, though . . . more to learn . . . Ultrasound therapy has helped many heal faster from sprains, but that's due to increasing circulation, etc.]

Speculation aside, it's necessary to know details about what you describe, preferably seeing the source site itself to see what they say.

-

[ 26. January 2008, 02:44 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jamescase20
Unregistered

Here is where I downloaded the shareware program.
I covered my eyes, and the tingling didnt stop nor change whatsoever.

http://www.esseraudio.com/rife.htm

jamescase20
Unregistered

^push it up!
D Bergy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sceptical as to whether this would work at all. But, it is not going to hurt either.

I guess you will have to be the judge, but if all it is doing is putting out sound waves, and weak power at that, it is likely it is just giving you a skin surface sensation from the sound waves.

D Bergy

Posts: 2917 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sound waves have been used in healing. There was a woman named Sherry who came through the whole life expo one year and gave a huge presentation on it.
Posts: 13047 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jamescase20
Unregistered

bergy I agree with your statements. However, I even covered my ears...laid down in bed in the same room, turned down the volume very low...as low as it would go and you could still hear the buzzing. And the tingling didnt reduce, it actually got more intense! PRetty weird huh. I know it dont make sense, but thats what I felt.
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Hmmm. I went to the link (Thanks for provided that).

Then went to their home link to learn more. That's a bit limited and I'll need a clearer brain for that.

I would like to be able to talk to a person about it - or to someone who really knows about RIFE.

It appears that one can get a free trial, but after that one's credit card might be billed - unless it were to be cancelled (?). Not sure on the details.

However, it seems to purchase it would be 20 Euros. Not sure what today's exchange rate is but that would be probably no more than $30. (??)

Still, I'd want the opinion of someone who really know rife technology.

In the meantime, anyone who tries it, proceed with caution.

Slow, remember to go slow - and certainly find someone who knows about this and lyme to guide you.

With the Rife unit I have I've been instructed to use it for lyme no more than a six minutes every 12 days. More could severely strain the liver and kidneys from clearing out toxic die-off.

you say you are doing " 2X15 mins Rife SOUND software daily. "

Ohhh, please get expert advice. That time could be dangerous if it really is rife.

And, attention to heavy metal detox (if present) is necessary while lyme is being treated. Bryan Rosner's book details this and the reasons.

James, there is a RIFE bulletin board, you might go there and ask them. Try this: www.lymecommunity.com/forums/ubbthreads.php

Tingling is not necessarily good. It could signal an increase in NMDA excitatory action - or some ear reaction from listening to certain sounds. While NMDA increases can come from a variety of things or even just too much activity, it's not a good thing.

If you have buzzing in your ears, run, run, RUN away from it.
That could be tinnitus. Trust me. You want nothing that increases tinnitus.

More info. is necessary. Good luck and take care.

-

[ 26. January 2008, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Rife Forum would be a good resource also. Lots of experience there. http://www.rifeforum.com/

D Bergy

Posts: 2917 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
efsd25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for efsd25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jamescase20,

It all depends on what frequency you are running. Lower frequencies from 16 hertz to 8000 hertz will generate a sound wave which you can hear.

For example, the doug coil emits a very clear sound wave since it operates at frequencies less than 2000 hertz. However, it is also generating 100 gauss EM field. As D Bergy mentioned, the sound waves won't hurt and may help.

The same is true for Plasma Tubes, at least the ones I have generate a sound wave when I operate them in the audible range. Although the EM field is supposedly setting up the resonance in the bacteria.

If your source is the speaker, then I assume you are only getting a physical wave rather than an EM wave.

Hope this helps!
Ernie

Posts: 546 | From Cascadia subduction zone | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jamescase20
Unregistered

Yeah its just from speakers. So I dought its TRUE rife. And keeb your right, omg, I am so sick now. The software, or somewhere suggested the 15min 2x daily, I didnt just get it out of the blue. I am going to back off for now. Seems I am getting way toxic!!! Maybe that means it actually works!!! Yes, its 32.00 its the cheapest rife software gen Ifound. Some others wanted 100.00 q

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement