LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Alpha-stim, Rife, KMT?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Alpha-stim, Rife, KMT?
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know the differences between these devices?

I already have an Alpha-stim... can it be used to treat Lyme? I have the cranial-stim earclips. I thought it was mostly for use as a "tens unit" for that sort of treatment.

Can it be used in other ways I'm not familiar with? I bought it used.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Alpha Stim appears to be a brain stimulation device. I have never used or heard of it before, but it appears to be a one trick pony.

A KMT device uses micro current frequencies to prevent bacterial replication and increase Lymphatic drainage, etc. I have not used one of these either, but many say they work.

A Rife type machine uses specific frequencies to destroy or disable bacteria, viruses etc. My machine outputs about ten Watts of power. Not a huge amount, but much more than the KMT. The Rife device takes more power to accomplish this bacterial destruction.

They all use frequencies, but use them differently, with different effects. Although there is some overlap between the KMT and a Rife machine.

D Bergy

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can use the Alpha-stim for pain reduction - it's sort of similar to a tens unit. It can also be used for cranial stimulation which is supposed to be helpful for anxiety, depression & insomnia.

I mostly use it for pain.

It's just that there is not alot of comparisons between Rife & KMT & the other devices out there. The KMT is quite expensive but there isn't alot about it & how it works on the Klinghardt website.

I haven't studied alot about electronics & frequency & how they affect bacteria. I guess I just have to put in more time into studying this.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Also - why not just listen to an audio recording of the frequency ranges?

How is this different than hooking yourself up to a machine?

-----

info about KMT -

http://biotoolsforwellness.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12&Itemid=27

The KMT 24 Plus is a sophisticated mini-computer with carefully selected frequencies, sequences, wave characteristics and amperage. Most programs use microbial inhibition frequencies that were developed during the genome project.

Some frequencies are common knowledge and published in various journals. Some frequencies are proprietary to Dr. Klinghardt.

This instrument is expanded from prior models to twelve frequency packages simultaneously targeting: lymphatic drainage, microbial inhibition, increased arterial nutrient and oxygen delivery, increased nutrient and medication uptake, metal detoxification and increased activity of the citric acid cycle enzymes (ATP production).

Each pole/polarity has two different frequencies. The session frequency is created by the interference pattern of both currents.

This arrangement creates a set of harmonious sub-frequencies which contains higher and lower octaves and the harmonics (3rds and 5fths). The current has the largest effect in the center of the field created between the four electrodes.

The electrodes are color coded: yellow and black (`bumble bee'') is one polarity with however different frequencies (partner electrodes), red and green the other.

When a particular body area is addressed, usually one electrode-set is on one side of the body, the other on the opposing side of the region being addressed.

-----

about the Alpha-stim

http://www.alpha-stim.com/as100.html

How does the Alpha-Stim 100 Work?

The Alpha-Stim 100 is distinct in that it is based on the concept that the biophysics underlying the body's biochemistry also plays a significant role in regulating all of life's processes.

Doctors are taught that there are about 75 trillion cells in a human body, each having an electrical potential across its cell membrane, similar to a battery.

Alpha-Stim's proprietary waveform works by moving electrons through the body and brain at a variety of frequencies, collectively known as harmonic resonance.

This normalizes the electrical activity of the nervous system and brain as measured by an electroencephalogram (EEG).

---

about Rife -

Rife discovered that every virus, bacterium, parasite and other pathogen is particularly sensitive to a specific "frequency" of sound and can be destroyed by intensifying that frequency until it literally explodes - like an intense musical note that can shatter a wine glass!

To "disintegrate" the microbes, Rife invented a Beam Ray machine - now known as a Rife machine.

Various info about Rife machines, zappers, & other devices...

http://www.royalrife.com/zappers.html

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hubby had a couple of treatments from an alternative doc with an Alpha stim or a similar device once.

The first time he was lapsing in and out of consciousness and I was debating whether to take him to the ER. The doc brought the device out to the car and hooked hubby up. It was somewhat effective in calming tremors/myoclonus and reviving consciousness.

The couple of treatments in the docs office when hubby was less symptomatic were not of much use.

Insurance would not pay for the alpha stim device. Discussed the device with a rep from the company and decided not to pursue this.

As far as I remember this was after IV Rocephin, but think it was before any Babs or Bart treatment.

Hubby has never tried a KMT device or Rife. Personally don't think these would help him, but who knows.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have used the KMT technology with the first models, quite a number of years ago.

The KMT is totally programmed - into 12 different channels:

Metal mobilization, microbial inhibition freuqnecies for Borrelia b. and Bartonella hens.

Metal mobilization, microbial inhibition frequencies for Babesia - several strains

Metal mobilization and gastrointestinal support: parasites and most human bowel pathogens

Metal mobilization and brain clarity: Herpes family, chlamydia specis, mycoplasma, tuberculosis, strep, borrelia, etc.

Metal mobilization and chlamydia, mycoplasma, toxoplasmosis

Metal mobilization and fungi and molds

Metal mobilization and cellular balance

Metal Mobilization and Arthritis balance

Metal Mobilization and ANS (autonomic nervous system balance)

Metal mobilization and Parkinson balance

Metal mobilization and pain

Metal mobilization and Lymph Drainage

Some run more or less than one hour, some run 2, 3, 4plus hours.

We have a couple of resonator blocks in order to use the KMT while asleep at night without direct electrode attachment to the body.

As you can readily see, where there are metals, there usually are bugs. Eliminating both is necessary to regain health. Dr.K. is of the opinion that pathogens only survive in a heavy metal toxic environment. There may be some others, but mercury is the worst and the only root filled teeth (root canals) are worse. I mentally fought this idea for a while. But after all I have seen, experienced in myself, all the people/patients I have met --- I fully am convinced that the heavy metal toxicity is primary and has to be addressed for a long time if health is desired. There is no way around this. Heavy metal detoxing is tricky, but if you have tried everything and every antibiotic and and still are not getting satisfactory results, keep thinking Heavy Metals and work on them.

It is a sad situation that is getting worse with added EMF exposure.

So why expose the body to more EMF - with an instrument that runs on electicity.

Microcurrent in the KMT (small battery): the word "micro, refers to the usage of low amperage in this instrument. Voltage is the tension that exists between to electric poles, amperage is the actual current and energy that flows during a specific application.

Small currents activate tissues; larger currents block or sedate tissues. DC current (steady flow)_ has other biological effects than the alternating currents used in the KMT technology. When a current is pulsed, a multitude of biological effects can be achieved - dependent on the frequency, shape of the wave, pauses between the waves, length of the individual wave and variation of other parameters.

Microcurrent has been shown to increase intracellular ATP levels, dissolve deep scar tissue, trigger the formation and release of numerous growth factors and stimulate new nerve growth and tissue healing.

KMT technology focuses on the vasodilation of lymph and blood vessels, downregulation of the sympathetic nervous system, microbial growth inhibition and toxin mobilizing effects.

All you do pick the channel that you want - by pressing a button. That is it.

Be sure to prepare and follow any treatment with the KMT with binding agents/mop up agents because you will start moving neurotoxins/metals.

I do not care for "Rife" and would not go near one, especially the home-made ones. I just don't like electrocutions. Am not familiar with the alpha stim.

If I think I want to prevent, I go to bed with a resonator block on each side of my bed, electrodes attached to the blocks, the little gadget on the nightstand automatically shutting off when all frequencies have run on the channel I selected. You won't think of a 4plus hour program running while asleep. It is great.

Hope this helps.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The frequencies from a Rife machine need to penetrate the body so listening to them would not be very effective. It may not even work at all, but I know a few people have tried it.

Unless you are a person who has some electrical back round it is probably best not to make your own machine. It is not that difficult, but you could zap yourself, especially in the Doug Coil model where several capacitors are used.

D Bergy

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Thanks for the info. I called the company that makes Alpha-stim & spoke to a lady there.

She wasn't able to offer me much explanation other then what was on their website - which is very informative.

The Alpha-stim is FDA approved for pain treatment & there is a cranial-stim for insomnia, anxiety, depression.

It works pretty good but it is not specific for Lyme. The lady said they don't have any studies done with Alpha-stim & Lyme but they would welcome it if someone did want to do research into it.

I was wondering how the Alpha-stim compares to the KMT? They do sound similar from the descriptions.

Also- I have seen info on Dr. Klinghardt's site about audio CDs used for anti-viral or anti-bacterial use. Has anyone tried these? How do they work?

I'm really into Hemi-sync & Dr. Jeffrey Thompson's CDs.

Re: EMF - I think it can be compared to fire... use too much or improperly & it's a hazard but it also has it's benefits. Life would be kind of dry without electricity...

I'm not yet convinced about the Rife. It seems like you could maybe use the following analogy-

Rife = antibiotics
KMT = herbal treatments

I'm not sure it's completely accurate, though.

[ 11. May 2008, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: sparkle7 ]

D Bergy
Member # 9984

I don't think any of them are really all that similar to each other.

Although Herbs use a similar method of killing bacteria as antibiotics, they usually have several compounds that work together to kill them. Antibiotics usually have a single method of destruction.

They all seem to help people to one degree or another. The mechanism is somewhat different for all of them.

D Bergy

sparkle7
Member # 10397

To clarify - If a Rife machine is like antibiotics, then the KMT device is like taking herbal medicine.

It's more of an analogy that I made up about the process of the device - than being literal in meaning.

I don't know if it's true, though. I haven't tried all of the devices.

The description about the Alpha-stim does sound similar to me to the KMT device. I was just wondering if they do have any similarities since I already own an Alpha-stim.

The KMT device sounds good but it is very expensive.

I don't really know the specifics of antibiotics vs. herbs. They each have their place. I just don't like the idea of taking endless antibiotics. I think they can harm the immune system.

I would like to keep my immune system intact to fight the bacteria & other pathogens.

klutzo
Member # 5701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for klutzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband and I are renting an Alpha-Stim. I was thrilled to see it actually had more than 50 published studies and was FDA approved.

I am desperate for relief of my secondary depression, which has gotten to the point where the pain seems minor by comparison.

I got some info from sparkle7 beforehand (thanks sparkle!).
However, everyone's experience is different, and if I'd known then what I know now, I would not have bothered.

It can literally take up all of your time. I thought you put the electrodes on and in a few minutes it stopped the pain. Yes, if you are very lucky.

If the first treatment does not stop the pain you must keep moving the sticky electrodes around and treating again and again for long periods until the pain leaves. The support person told me this could mean wearing the device 24/7 for awhile. I can't go anywhere with wires hanging all over me, and I keep having the device fall off my waistband.

Any time you treat pain, even if it goes away in two minutes, you must use the cranial treatment for at least 20 minutes after that to set the relief, so that it becomes cumulative. If you have a diagnosis of fibromyalgia, then you must use the cranial treatment for at least an hour each time you treat pain.

If you can't tolerate high current without getting dizzy (I can't), you must use the cranial device 3 times longer than normal or until the heavy feeling in your head stops. The heavy feeling never stopped for me, and I have had to take extra drugs every day to handle the resulting neck stiffness.

The goopy conduction fluid drips on clothes and hair and is almost impossible to get off our mahogany desk top.

I have literally been messing around with this device all day long for 3 days now, while my husband messes around with it all evening long, trying every position shown in the 40+ page instruction book.

Neither of us has had any results at all, zip, zero, zilch. He feels nothing, and it gives me a feeling like my head will explode.

They tell you in the book that if you use the device on your temple for headaches, you could see flashing lights in the corners of your eyes, but it's normal.

Well, 24 hrs. after treating my headache, which I got in the first place from using the machine on my neck pain, I started seeing the flashing lights in one eye, and it turned out to not be normal at all.....my vitreous humor is detaching from the wall of my eyeball, and I had to rush into the Opthalmologist to make sure my retina wasn't tearing. Coincidence? Maybe.

But, my last attempt at using an unusual therapy, Atlas Orthospinology, caused another eye emergency, when one hour after an Atlas adjustment, I developed a bleed in my other eye. That situation has now developed into inflammation. Was that a coincidence also? Hmmm.....

I don't want to send the machine back this quickly, or they will give me a ration of crap for not giving it a good enough try, so I will keep trying for another two weeks, but I don't want to spend another month's rent.

Until they improve the technology to where this allows a person to still have a life while trying to get it to work, it's way too much trouble and too time consuming for us.

klutzo

Posts: 1269 | From Clearwater, Florida, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

My instructions from my doctor were very different!

1. You can use regular saline solution to wet the probes or ear clips.

2. You only need to use the ear clips for 20 - 40 minutes & never if you have a headache. I never use the Alpha-stim at all if I have a headache.

3. Use the probes for about 30 minutes to an hour. Move them around every 3 minutes or so.

4. You can use the electrodes for longer but I don't use them for more than an hour or 2.

I found that if you overdo it, it can cause a sort of burn out, painful feeling in the nerves.

I have no idea what they were telling you from the company. I never heard that about leaving it on all day...

I don't use the electrodes very often. It's quicker to use the probes. They are supposed to be more powerful then the electrodes so you don't have to use them as long.

I would start off slow & work up - not the other way around!

GiGi
Member # 259

With any of these types of instruments, you will also set heavy metals in motion and you need to be prepared for that. Many of the reactions people interpret as herxes, are not - but merely shifting problems from one body area to another - unless you take appropriate steps before, during and after. I have often posted about that and will not repeat it here.

If you live on this planet for even a brief period of time, metals are a part of the problem in this disease. There is no doubt in my mind or any of the doctors that we have consulted. It is a major problem causing symptoms that are not distinguishable from any other symptom caused by neurotoxins.

Depression is a major symptom of heavy metal toxicity. I was severely depressed, on and off, for years and had no explanation. Almost like clockwork, when I eliminated the bulk of heavy metal toxicity, all depression ceased never to return. Dr. K. agrees with this finding.

Make sure you do not use any of these instruments without protection. That includes using any form of artificial lights. I have really become totally conscious of this fact that it takes not more than approx. 30 seconds of certain light/frequency exposure to move metals.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

up for instrument users of any sort - light, colored lights, rife of any sort, tense, KMT, massagers, manual massages, etc.
klutzo
Member # 5701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for klutzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sparkle7,
I talked to the company rep from where I rented it last night, Allevia. The rep who told me all that stuff I posted before was from the manufacturer. The Allevia rep disagreed with much of what I'd been told.

The woman I talked to last night said to use the electrodes for no more than an hour, and move them every 20 mins. She said we could ignore the book, and turn them up as high as 3.5 for better relief.

I don't have time to sit and use probes...I got no relief from them, so I'd sit there moving the things around forever and getting nothing done. Both of us are always doing other things at the same time, like right now, I am treating my elbow.

I always have chores to do, and endless corporate paperwork, which I have to do, no matter how lousy I feel. Getting all the hanging wires caught on things and having the machine fall off of my waistband is a consistent and irritating problem, and one of the main reasons I wanted to stop trying. I felt like I was just adding yet another "should" stressor to my life.

We both decided to pick one area and stick with it during this trial, so we could get some results within 3 weeks, and send it back before another rental charge if nothing happened.

I picked my left elbow, since it is the only place that hurts all the time. I have had epicondylitis there for 2 yrs. and won't get a cortisone shot to end it due to the effect on my Lyme.

My DH picked his lower back, which makes him so stiff in the mornings, that he has to kneel to tie his work boots.

This second support lady admitted to me that about one in every 200 people have the headache problem from the CES and she told me not to use it, and that she never recommends more than an hour a day. She says she is one of these people herself.

She gave me an alternate protocol for those who are sensitive to current, which she says is the cause of the "exploding head" feeling. She told me to put an electrode high on each shoulder for no more than an hour, and some of it would get into my head.

BTW, I came here today to eat a big serving of crow! I am still getting no results, but my husband has just had something amazing happen adn I felt duty bound to report it!

For two days in a row now he has been able to pull his pants on while standing up in the morning, like a normal person. He has chronic low back pain, esp. in the am. when he gets up, and this is the very first time in several years he's been able to put his pants on without hanging on to the wall and raising his leg way up in the air because he could not bend over. He has been using the electrodes on his low back only.

So, we will keep trying it for at least another two weeks. The company gave me an autorization code to return it, and were very nice about it, but reminded me that they recommend at least 3 weeks for most people, and at least 8 weeks for those with fibromyalgia, which is still my "official" disabilty diagnosis, my Lyme dx having been made by an alternative doctor using an "iffy" test (Bowen).

klutzo

Posts: 1269 | From Clearwater, Florida, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement