LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Resveratrol and twitching

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Resveratrol and twitching
teresambear
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for teresambear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been doing good lately and pleased with my result progress, but since adding Resveratrol ( source natural ) 1 pill a day ( to start ) I have been having alot of muscle twitching body wide. Any Ideas ? Thanks Teresa
Posts: 115 | From warwick, new york | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alv
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YOU ARE killing bart ...and once you kill bart , Lyme is showing up ....as it is active and you need to address LYME with higher dosages...

ALSO detox a lot....BART and LYME go together.

REad Dr J S from FL book and you will understand what hapens.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
teresambear
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for teresambear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So Resveratrol bringgs out Bart,Lyme or both ?Should I than increase resveratrol dosage ? Thanks Teresa
Posts: 115 | From warwick, new york | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could you tell me where you ordered it from. My lyme doc wants me to take it.

I did a search on the web and came up empty handed.

Update: Did a search with your spelling and found it.

RE: Twitching....I have been dealing with lyme and company since 2001 at least.

I get that twitching off and on. It seems to be getting less with time and treatment.

I also seem to have a bad time of it when that twitching hits.

It use to really bother me but the twitching in itself is not that bad anymore. I still associated it with a bad time of it.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anneke
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anneke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just remember too that these supplements are UNREGULATED, which means that there may be something other than resveratol inside the pill.
Posts: 364 | From California | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks like Reservatrol AND curcumin are needed.

How are your blood electrolytes?

K, Ca, and Na levels? Important to know. High or low?

"trans-Resveratrol inhibits calcium influx in thrombin-stimulated human platelets"

But in other cells...

"Resveratrol decreases calcium sensitivity of vascular smooth muscle and

enhances cytosolic calcium increase in

endothelium."

The endothelial cells look to be the first impacted by Bb. These cells line our blood vessels.

Mg testing is inaccurate since most of it is not in "general circulation" and is attached to our ATP as Mg-ATP.

Posts: 9402 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Resveratrol (Japanese Knotweed)

Please read all that Buhner has to say about it before using or ordering it. It's also important to consider how it will work (or not) with one's overall protocol. It's all in Buhner's book - or at his site.

It has to be a particular type. He recommends a few places.

His site & links: www.gaianstudies.org/lyme-updates.htm

http://tinyurl.com/5vnsjg

Healing Lyme: Natural Healing And Prevention of Lyme Borreliosis And Its Coinfections - by Stephen Harrod Buhner

=======

I this book, by an ILADS member LLMD, Resveratrol is discussed in five pages:

http://tinyurl.com/6lq3pb (through Amazon)

THE LYME DISEASE SOLUTION (2008)

- by Kenneth B. Singleton , MD; James A. Duke. Ph.D. (Foreword)

You can read more about it here and see customer reviews.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
teresambear
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15061

I am taking source naturals Resveratrol recommended by Buhner. All my electrolytes are good except K always runs low or borderline.
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eat bananas. Drink orange juice. If K is low. That is NOT GOOD.

No...I don't want to hear about the sugar in them.

We NEED potassium. What we need is for it to get INTO the cells.

Bb does NOT like KCl.

We NEED glucose.

We NEED the fiber and B6 that are also in bananas.

And IF you have the dreaded HLA gene...for whatever reason, you need MORE K, Vitamin D3 (sunlight) and more DHEA than those who don't have that gene mutation which only allows those to respond to MHC 1 antigens.

Personal observation (family members with allergies) and a ton of research.

"Some people have found relief in treating their twitching with mineral supplements (such as potassium or calcium), hot packs, massage, or drinking a few glasses of tonic water for the quinine.

Others have resorted to Botox injections which can be painful, expensive and offer only temporary relief, not to mention the possible bruising and drooping limp muscles from the Botulinum toxin. In some severe cases, surgery has been the chosen recourse sought.

Neuromuscular function and muscle control require the minerals magnesium, calcium and potassium.

A deficiency could be causing tics, trembling or cramping. The B-vitamins reduce stress-triggered trembling by calming the nervous system. Vitamin B12 is often poorly absorbed through the intestinal tract and should be taken in a sublingual form. Calcium is also important for muscle growth and contraction and for the prevention of muscle cramps."

http://www.diagnose-me.com/cond/C254143.html

Posts: 9402 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

from Buhner's site:

Japanese Knotweed (Resveratrol)

100 mg tablets: Paradise Herbs

500 mg tablets: Source Naturals

bulk, wildcrafted: Woodland Essence

bulk: 1st Chinese Herbs

Further reading at links above.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
teresambear
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15061

Thank you all for you response. I had muscle twitchimg 6 years ago really bad when I believe I first go sick. Body wide even felt like it was in tounge. Along with pain in soles of feet and calves. Of course was diagnosed with benign fasciculations by Neuro.

Was not diagnosed until 6 months ago.Over the years twitching would come and go. But starting again after antibiotic therapy now Resveratrol seems to have brought them out full force.

They do not hurt , just very annoying

Keebler
Member # 12673

-

Thanks, Marnie, for your words of wisdom - as always.

-

Angelica
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Resveratrol by Source Naturals has magnesium stearate listed as one of their other ingredients. It is used as a flow agent. No one needs more of. It is found in many supplements especially probiotics. It can help produce bio-films.

Pure Encapsulations makes Resveratrol too. Theirs is rather pricey.

Strawberries contain vitamin K and they make a nice smoothie with some yogurt kefir and a banana. I toss ginger powder and cardamon in with mine. Ginger helps assist digestion and is one of those miracle roots/spices that does a lot of things.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
teresambear
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15061

Thank You !!!!!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement