LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Last words on LightWorks for those interested... (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Last words on LightWorks for those interested...
pamoisondelune
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pamoisondelune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way, a lot of the missing info from Gigi about her Bionic 880 treatment was reposted on another thread:

Bionic 880 thread - promise I won't delete it Pages: 1 2

posted by Nobody

Posts: 1226 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a feeling that the infrared light may be cumulative. I stopped using the LightWorks for about 4-5 days. I sat in the sun for about an hour & the next day I had a huge herx reaction that lasted about a day.

I used a pendulum & it responded that I did not need to use the LightWorks for about 1 month but I could use it again before 2 months. I'll check again as I feel it's needed.

I have been going through a very severe herx but I'm getting through it. I really feel better but I'm a bit weak. I have hardly been taking any painkillers. For years, I had to take them every day to be able to function.

I don't even want to take any herbs or vitamins. I'm taking stuff I have around the house since it's here & an emergenC packet every so often.

I'm still having aches & pains in my back. My gums got a bit swollen. I don't know why that is. It seems that the infrared light is balancing out things in my body that are off.

I guess I'll get to work on the aches & pains when I resume treatments.

This may be the real deal as far as Lyme treatment goes...

Please keep posting your results!

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
herxuk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for herxuk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is only 4 days of using LT wrks, although I have many more issues than just my Knees, I'v focused on this because inflammation is something visible, ( my toes, and ankles as well, ) and if it is allowed to go on too long, can cause joint damage. I would have had to take a great deal of anti- inflammatory's and still not get this result, in this short time, and we know how bad they are for the stomach.

I don't know what else the LT wrks can do yet it's too soon for me to say, but good or bad, I will say how it is, I would not mislead anybody.

The last 3 day's I have done, two 4 minutes, and one 15 minutes, with the 880 nm, on B Mode. on belly button area, this I hope is for immune system, and Lymphatic.

The last few mornings I have woke up without the horrendous weakness and fatigue, like I'v never been asleep, I can't say as yet it's due to the LT wks, but I can say I have spent the last 7 Months like this.

I do hope it lasts

Now to deal with some of these pain issues.
Thank's Sandy, for your PM, on the Modes, I was very pleased to receive them.
Sparkle, pleased to here from you, I had missed your chatter.
Just to say, my knees, ankles, are not inflamed, just a bit on my toes yet. Very happy with this, so far.

Posts: 153 | From England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave6002
Member # 9064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave6002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just want to give you who are experimenting Near Infrared light therapy some encouragement and hope.

I have been off abx, without any herbs and supplements either, for over 3 weeks now, and only use NIF LEDs, and got some positive results: the itchy crawling feeling on my face was gone;better sleep and more energy.

Although, I still have pains, the progress is slow,I am pretty happy with the treatment, which probably is the best one for some Lymies like me.

During the past several weeks, I did have several minor herxes, and I used the NIF device extensively probably over 12 hours a day, which didn't kill me.

However, like Sparkle said, please be careful and cautious, and not to overuse it at beginning: NIF could cause severe herx.

Good luck.

Dave

Posts: 1078 | From Fairland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave- are you using any frequencies or pulsing like Nogier, etc.?

I'm wondering if you may have different results due to that???

May be interesting to know...

Also, where on the body are you directing the light?

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave6002
Member # 9064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave6002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sparkle, no, no frequencies and everywhere all over the body.

However, I did notice that when I used it around my head, it made me sleepy, that's a good thing, considering that I have had poor sleeps for so long.

The frequencies might make the NIF stronger, but the consistent lights still made me herx. When it stops to herx me, then I'll probably go for the frequencies.

The herx caused by the NIF could last very long, several months? which is understandable, considering how sick we were and how devastating this disease is.

I guessed it based on my experience on an infrared pad I used at the end of last year, which gave me the biggest herx ever, I had to stop to use it for a long time and lost confidence in it, until recently when I had bad back pains and nothing could relive it except the NIF pad.

I am hoping the NIF LED lights will give me back my good health soon, although little by little, I am very happy, probably finally we have some thing that can control or even cure the disease.

Dave

Posts: 1078 | From Fairland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Have you tried using the light on places where the blood can have access to the light - like the inner wrists, belly button area?

Also - it seems to effect the glands & may even penetrate bone. I think Bob posted a drawing of the endocrine system. It may be of interest to see how it may effect the glands.

http://www.ivy-rose.co.uk/Topics/Endocrine_Locations.htm

I was doing some research on the pineal gland today & there are some interesting findings about melotonin & pinoline... I'll post them later - I have to check the stove!

Dave6002
Member # 9064

No, I haven't specially tried that.

However, in our skin, there are plenty of micro blood vessels every where, which are reachable by LED lights.

The question about if LED lights may effect on endocrine glands is very interesting. I did use a lot on my head and as we know the most important glands probably are those that reside in the brain.

It's worth to measure the hormone concentrations in our blood and see if we have low levels of some hormones, and see if LED lights can restore the levels, if we want to pursue that direction.

However,right now my mind is setting on the hypothesis that the LED lights are increasing the energy levels of the cell through promoting ATP production.

The pathogenesis of the Lyme pathogens may rely on their crippling the host cells through decreasing cell energy levels, resulting in physical fatigue-due to crippled muscle cells; mental fatigue or brain fog-due to crippled neuron cells; immune incompetence-due to crippled immune cells...

Therefore, if we can reverse the pathogenic process, i.e restore or increase the energy levels of those cells, we may be able to get rid of those pathogens finally.

herxuk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for herxuk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Infrared wave length 880 nm has been demonstrated to penetrate to aprox, 30 to 40 mm, into tissues. Suitable for deep work. Bones, Joints, muscles etc.

660 nm visible Red Led more shallow.
Penetration depth, 8 to 10 mm. More suitable for surface issues, dealing with skin, and just below.

The Above taken from, Page 1, Lt wrks, posted by Six Goofy, 31st July 09. 03. Site, www braintuner. Lightworks.

( Sota Ltwrks Sellers )

Posts: 153 | From England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The bionic 880 or the heliohealth product penetrate much deeper. The power of these units may penetrate as much as 9 inches. It has to do with power output and the type of LEDs used.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2148 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
herxuk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15873

Yes, I know Bob. 9 ins ( 23 cm ) is being used for cancer patients radiation burns, as we discussed on Page 1.

But not sure I would want to go that far for Home use. It was only used for 10 seconds a day.

I am using the 880nm side of Paddle for belly button area, for deeper penetration, and select what I think is the appropriate Frequency setting.

I am ( at the moment ) sleeping much longer than what I did before, and waking up MORE refreshed. Very strange. Will see in time if this is due to the LT wrks, as I am doing nothing else, or taking anything, for this to have happened.

Who knows, we may all vary how it affects us. It's been positive for me up to now, time will tell.

Perhaps, getting the Disease load down, and building the immune System up, would put the body in a better place, for the Bionic 880 treatment. ???

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by herxuk:

Perhaps, getting the Disease load down, and building the immune System up, would put the body in a better place, for the Bionic 880 treatment. ???

That's what I'm hoping! I have an appt. in Germany for the second week in Oct.

I am off abx and taking andrographis, resveratrol (source naturals brand), and samento. I am still taking Malarone and Lariam for babs, but will need to get off it one week before Germany. I take aretemisia and enula.

I can stay on herbs.

I'm taking Lyrica now for sleep and am sleeping 8 solid hours and waking up refreshed. My adrenals must be improving.

So, I think I'm in as good of shape as I can get to go to Germany, let's just hope it holds. I'll do a blog while I'm there so you can read a play by play (to avoid my treatment getting lost in discussion).

At the moment, I'm not doing Lightworks.

It "cured" our parakeet!!! She had a very enlarged stomach that dragged on the ground. My daughter used Lightworks one her .... she'd sit really still and close her eyes to bask in the light. She has a history of liver problems. Now she looks normal again. [Smile]

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Thanks for the info 6! Please let us know where your blog will be. Good luck to you. Going off abx is a big step but I think everything will work out OK.

My feeling is that the light balances things out. I'm not sure how, technically. There are very important functions of the blood, immune system, & hormones, etc. that all seem to work together & adjust each other. I'm no expert in this... I studied art in college.

I was reading that melotonin & picoline produced in the pineal gland are (or function like) anti-oxidants & are also protective of the body. There are studies that they are productive of the body in regards to aluminium - so, they many be helpful for detoxing other metals? Just a guess.

Sleep is very important & I know many of us get horrible sleep. Many of these hormones are produced throughout the day or at night at specific times of day.

I tried putting a dark cloth over my window last night & it made a difference in my sleep. There are alot of lights outside of my window & the light comes into my room at night.

So, there may be a helpful balance of getting the correct light & darkness.

I stopped using the light for a short time. I just wanted to make sure my body has time to heal after going through that huge herx. I will resume treatments in a few weeks.

I agree that the Bionic 880 may be too strong for our home use - judging by what I went through with the debilitating herx for several weeks.

I guess this is what I always suspected. It's nice to have something professional along with the support but many of us can't afford it. I'd still like to get the benefits of using the light.

I think it's particularly important since Lyme is being implicated in Alzheimers by Dr. MacDonald! I think the people at SOTA are looking into making a 1072 nm paddle as per my suggestion (or maybe they thought of it prior - I don't know).

20 cm is fairly deep for penetration of the 880 nm light. It should be suitable for our purposes. It just may take longer to get to all the places we want to treat.

Does anyone feel a difference from using the various modes? It was hard for me to tell but the pulsing may be beneficial.

evgen
Member # 14118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for evgen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GiGi:
Sparkle, I have absolutely no problem with you.
I have a problem with the fact that you move into a thread in a way that immediately makes people reach for their forehead, wondering.

Once and for all, I have learned that light is not light, as you state. The light delivery out of Bionic is a totally different than from the devices you talk about.

Most of all, Dr. W. has treated some 2000 people with it, successfully. That is not anecdotal. T
Bionic treats a broad spectrum of conditions.

Your blunt input, light is light, stops and turns the discussion around, into a different area, where no one is talking about the same thing any longer. The talk is about Bionic, the way it works, the way it doesn't work, people's experience with it, the therapists' experiences with it which I am starting to collect -- with only great efforts I might say. We sleep in Seattle, while the Europeans are awake and can be talked to.

You are perfectly at your right to discuss any and all light, but your "light is light" comments are out of place and disrespectful when people are telling us of their own personal experiences with the Bionic, the doctors, the money they had to spend to get at the experience, the therapists/doctors providing the treatments, etc.
Our visit to Germany did not come easy, financially or otherwise. I hope you grow to be 76 years old, but won't have to wheel your husband through airports, up and down planes, in and out of doctors offices with stairs, driving the autobahn in a hailstorm, getting lost in the middle of the night. Clancy had similar experiences where one feels one cannot go on.
Just for a moment, put yourself in somebody else's shoes, and think the word appreciation.
It works, try it.

The Bionic is not a Lightworks. The Lightworks is not a Bionic. It's not an Elixa. The photons delivered are different. I have quizzed everyone I could on this subject. I said this in an early post many days ago: I am tickled and pleased if we find an instrument that does the identical thing, i.e. eradicate Lyme.

This is not anecdotal - this is for real - as experienced by many many Lyme sufferers. I have no interest in passing on untruth.

So don't be offended. It takes every hour I can spare to gather all this information. I would suggest that any of you who really want to understand also contact a few of these 200 Bionic users, doctors and practitioners, whose phone numbers I have posted more than once, to get at the real truth, if my input does not appear valid. Or call any of the Lightwork users and get details of their experiences.

Pardon the interruption.

--------------------
~From Russia with Lyme~

Posts: 34 | From Rostov-on-Don, Russia | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
herxuk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15873

They are all different Nogier Frequency's from A to G. Each for a different purpose, select one that suits your needs. will run for 15 minutes on either side of Paddle. Constant has no Frequency.

I think quality of sleep, is as important as the length of time, as you have no control over this once you are asleep, it cannot be faked. I have been in a deeper sleep, which is more restorative.

I think the Bionic 880, is probably more invasive, the treatment seems much harsher, so I think on the same lines as 6, get stronger for this treatment.

Problem is, we have no way to tell, how much Bacterial Load we still have, only by how strong we feel etc. I will consider this when I have managed to get somewhere near how I used to feel.

I think this little machine helps to restore the body, what this Monster has disrupted, interfering with sleep Hormones etc.

6 loved your little Parrot story. Proof enough that LED's are worthwhile.

I think the LT wrks is a great little help mate, it's too early for me to say any more than that. But look forward to post's from others, on how they are getting on with it.

And of course, 6, and her treatment in Germany.

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will let you know where I post the blog. It will most likely be myspace. I will also start a thread, but I think it's good to keep the treatment information separate. [Smile]

Actually, Sparkle, my LLMD wanted me to take an abx break anyway. [Wink] He felt my body was indicating I needed it. He also felt that my symptoms were coming from my own immune system (cytokines) rather than the Lyme, and it seems he was right.

He feels that babs is my biggest problem right now. We know intracellular Lyme is there still, and he just called this a break. He has me taking herbs.

So, it ends up being good timing for the Germany trip. [Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

evgen - why bring up old stuff?

Whatever the case may be... I'm feeling much better now, than prior to using the LightWorks (even though I went through a hell of a herx).

I still think light is light - it's the wavelength, not the brightness/strength.

They say "Necessity is the mother of invention." - I just didn't have the money to use the Bionic 880 or go to Germany.

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Really feeling alot better!

As per a reading I did on my health with a pendulum - it said I should not use the light for about a month or so. I decided to go back on the Cowden protocol for now.

I'm no longer having intestinal pain or other bad herx symptoms. I'm generally feeling OK. I still have some back & shoulder pain & I'm a little fatigued.

I do tend to go to bed too late but I'm sleeping pretty well & able to get us before noon - which is good for me.

I'm not taking any pain meds, though! (I was taking Oxycontin every day so I could function - so, it's a big deal).

I'm going to do the Cowden herbs for the mean time & then, I'll try using the infrared light again in about a month or so.

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Sparkle, each of us is different but I'm taking Banderol, andographis, samento, and resveratrol and having better luck with it than I did Cowden. Maybe you could test to see which works for you. [Smile]

--------------------

Annxyz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annxyz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sparkle ,
I appreciate your communication on your personal
experience with this very much . Most likely , a cure will only result from the combined insights of those who live Lyme Hell and persist in gathering our info and sharing our individual experiences .

Also , you are very tactful with critics, and do not proclaim yourself a scientist .

I hope you get better and better . Your story , like that of Ernie , and DBergy , and lymetutu
and groovy2 encourage me to persist .

Blessings to you !

--------------------
ANNXYZ

Posts: 744 | From Mineola | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karatelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last night I got brave and used all the frequencies for approximately 4 minutes on one wrist, 4 minutes on the other and then only the pain frequency on my shoulders/neck area for the rest of the 15 minutes (except for using it on my dog a few minutes - see below).

Wow, this morning I woke up feeling herxy like I had been on abx. I did make myself work out at karate (I get pampered a lot - stay by the fan) and that helped. Also the infrared sauna helped this evening.

I have a Beagle who is only 7 but having a lot of back pain. The few pain meds the vet has tried haven't worked or made him sick.

Last night I ran the LightWorks up and down his back for just a few minutes. Honestly, today he was a lot perkier. I will wait until he is back to his old mopey self and try it again.

This sure is one big experiment!

Sandy

Posts: 686 | From Northeast Georgia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CraigC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CraigC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have two questions for you guys/gals, regarding the Lightworks product...

1) Do you need to be off of abx to use it?

2) Besides a possible bad herx, are there any
other side effects that are serious?

--------------------
Craig

Posts: 207 | From Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for liesandmorelies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bumping to see if Craig C's question gets answered, as I am curious as well.

thank you.
Elizabeth

--------------------
aka: Lyme Warrior

In order to do "real" science, you have to have a "real" conversation with nature.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History!

"Just Demand your Rights"

Posts: 869 | From nor - cal | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

I don't think it is beneficial to use the infrared light while on abx. I have heard that some people have very severe reactions when they mix the two & ended up in the ER. The original protocol from Dr. W prescribes that people are not taking abx for at least a week or two - maybe longer.

For some reason, it seems to me that people with Lyme have more of a reaction that people who don't have Lyme & use the LightWorks. I have no idea why this is. Everyone seems to react differently to the treatment.

In my case, my experience is that it was killing the bacteria & I had a toxic die-off which accumulated in my intestines. I don't know what exactly was killing the bacteria - whether it was the infrared light or an increase in my body's defenses.

It took about 2 months to clear out my intestinal tract with absorbing detoxifiers. I suspect that alot of bacteria was killed, created neurotoxins that had to be expelled from my body & some went into cyst form. I stopped all treatment for a while since I didn't quite know what to do.

I am going to put some thought into it & see if I can come up with a way to continue with the light while using a cyst buster like grapefruit seed extract. I am also thinking of getting an Asyra test & trying some of the Deseret Biologicals homeopathic formulas.

I am going to proceed with caution & use the LW at a much more diminished pace. I'm in the middle of moving cross-country - so, it will have to wait for another few weeks.

I started feeling bad from Lyme recently (after not treating with anything for about 2-3 months) & went back on the Cowden protocol. In the last few days, it has helped alot.

I would like to continue using the LightWorks when I can but I can't go into a big detox reaction right now since I'm moving.

If you use it, you just have to be aware that you may become severely affected by it. I would definitely say to not combine it with abx! Just go slow & take your time.

Be sure to drink lots of water & use detoxifiers like charcoal, psylium, clay, etc.

PS - I haven't heard of any other side effects other than a big herx reaction. Some people with Lyme have trouble detoxing neurotoxins - so, it can be a serious problem.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement