LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Bionic 880 thread - promise I won't delete it (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: Bionic 880 thread - promise I won't delete it
lymie_in_md
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
o2babe you could take a ship to Europe and drive. You don't have to take a plane. Just a thought. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are many reasons why someone would not want to undertake this journey.

I had a hundred reasons not to take my husband in a wheelchair - not an easy task for someone my age. There is another Lyme person in a wheelchair overthere now, and my hope and prayer follow her every day. The desire, the will to overcome has to be very strong.

The first trip I took on, by myself when still very sick, I had a bloody nose all the way over and could not remember at times which airport I was at...... We have taken many trips to seek help, even when we both were still ill; this was by far the most rewarding.

I talk a lot to myself - positive talk!

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UnexpectedIlls
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15144

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UnexpectedIlls     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know I am way too sick to travel... I am actually very scared of what a trip like that what do to me...

I wonder if the Bionic880 gets rid of Neuro symptoms? These are the symptoms that keep me ill and bedridden

constant dizziness, body feels constanty in motion, feel like I am constantly on an elevator or treadmill while trying to walk... veering off... severe head pressure... any movement makes all these symptoms much worse. When I travel to my LLMD which goes into a higher altitude.. I get VERY sick.

I am looking for anything to get rid of these horrible neuro symptoms I have been living with for 18 months straight 24/7

--------------------
"You'll be surprised to know how far you can go from the point you thought it was the end"

Posts: 946 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NanaDubo
Member # 14794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanaDubo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UnexpectedIls, I was not too keen on a long trip myself. I was fully anticipating feeling much worse from the trip than before I got on the plane.

My mantra was, "just get there, just get there, just get there."

The choice for me was to either continue to feel ill, or to risk feeling even worse due to the trip and have faith that I would be well after being treated.

It seems huge but in retrospect, a small price to pay to feel great and not live through that for more months, more years etc.

Having someone there to support you and look after you is very important.

Posts: 1129 | From Maine | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steelbone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shandy

You can do it. I'm not looking forward to thr trip either.. Had to get some meds from my dr to knock me out on the plane.

Just think positive. If all three of us come back feeling great hopefully you will find it in ur inner self to make the trip.

Hang in there [Smile] I want to see everyone to get well...Even the nay sayers..

Don't stop fighting [Smile]

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

The harder you work the luckier you get!

Posts: 965 | From Nebraska Cornhuskers fan in Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steelbone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shandy

You can do it. I'm not looking forward to thr trip either.. Had to get some meds from my dr to knock me out on the plane.

Just think positive. If all three of us come back feeling great hopefully you will find it in ur inner self to make the trip.

Hang in there [Smile] I want to see everyone to get well...Even the nay sayers..

Don't stop fighting [Smile]

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

Posts: 965 | From Nebraska Cornhuskers fan in Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angelica
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everyone leaving soon have a really good healing trip!!!!

I wish I was going now too.

Melatonin has helped me fly long distances with zero jet lag before and it also has helped me sleep on long flights.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rachellemarie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rachellemarie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it safe to assume that when you go, give yourself about 3 weeks for your return flight back to the states?

What and where is the best place to stay while there? I'm seriously considering going around February of 2009 if I can financially pull it off.

I would be interested too, if there are others on here from Arizona, to purchase a machine together and share. I suppose that would only work if we all lived in the Phoenix area.

Thanks!

Rachellemarie

Posts: 215 | From Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

Three weeks is what most are doing. I think some really sick people that dont buy the machine are staying for 4 weeks. I could be wrong about this.

Sorry i dont have the link to where i'm staying.

When I get back i could give u all kinds of details about the trip.

email address is [email protected]

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

rachellemarie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rachellemarie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steele,

That would be wonderful. I haven't traveled outside the US much, besides Mexico, and would be totally lost!!! That is all I need on top of being sick...getting lost in Germany and not finding my way home! [Smile]

When are you going to Germany? I will definitely hold on to your email and get in touch with you when you return.

Thanks a lot!

Rachellemarie

Posts: 215 | From Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evgen
Member # 14118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for evgen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello there folks.
The economic collapse in our country makes plans for visiting Dr. W uncertain for me now. Nevertheless I will enjoy more healing stories from Six, Steel and co. So far I have questions on testing: energetic and muscle ones. If someone has this info, share it pls.

Best of luck to all.

--------------------
~From Russia with Lyme~

Posts: 34 | From Rostov-on-Don, Russia | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

rachellemarie

i'm leaving tomorrow. 7:25 pm flight me and 2 others. Plus a 4th coming a week later... So i will be able to give you some real good feed back. We will try and post updates while we are there. But no gaurantees [Smile]

Take care

PS
I'm 36 also [Smile]

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

sunshinyday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunshinyday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Six, Ruth and Paul - Have a great trip! I wish I was with you.

I hope you all come back successfully treated for Lyme!

Best wishes and prayers are with you.

Gail

--------------------
Gail

Posts: 234 | From Sterling, Ma | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TS96
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TS96     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
praying for a safe trip for all of you

May you come home leaving the old behind and bodies renewed!

Six, Did you tell Dr. H and L about your trip? What did they think?

Lastly where can we read your blog?

--------------------
Bart Henslea 1976
Fibro/CFS/arthritis 2004
Lyme diagnosed 2007
3 1/2 years treatment with oral combos, Cowden, IV roc. BW herbs. Off all abx in 12/10. Feeling good.

Posts: 647 | From NY | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The place to stay - http://www.gaestehausklein-dobel.de/

Thank you for all the well-wishes!!!!

TS, nothing. Dr. H said basically nothing, we just talked about his treatment of me and my need to be off meds for a time. He showed no opinion, which was the right thing for him to do since he was unfamiliar with the technology.

I'm not intentionally keeping my blog spot secret ... I just haven't set it up yet, ROFL!!! I may just do it at myspace to keep it simple.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UnexpectedIlls
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15144

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UnexpectedIlls     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have a safe trip Six, Steel and the other person... sorry I dont know your name!!

Steel... Thank you for your kind words!! [Smile]

Nana-- How are you doing??

I wish you all healing to the highest degree!!

--------------------
"You'll be surprised to know how far you can go from the point you thought it was the end"

Posts: 946 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willow way
Member # 16605

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willow way     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very excited to leave. Thanks to all for your well wishes. Like Paul said...we will try to post our progress if possible.

Take care,
Ruth

Posts: 4 | From New York | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Post and let us know how you're doing.

Bob yeah right, cargo ship for me [Wink] . I think not, I'd rather buy a machine for myself! Let's see how people do. I feel I could convince a practitioner to take this on if it really is legitimate, and go study with Dr W for a few weeks.

Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jl123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jl123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"TS, nothing. Dr. H said basically nothing, we just talked about his treatment of me and my need to be off meds for a time. He showed no opinion, which was the right thing for him to do since he was unfamiliar with the technology."'

My doc in here in nyc has also said absolutely nothing and refuses to talk about this? I wonder why most docs do not want to reach out more to find out more.

PS Does any1 know how the different groups who have bought the 880 (maryland group etc) on their own are doing with it?
thanks, Jeremy

Posts: 268 | From new york city | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m0joey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for m0joey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MDs and bionic

jl: the bionic is considered energetic medicine, there have been no clinical trials on its usage for anything. It is solely experimental for the time being, and I imagine it will be pigeonholed like this for years.

LLMDs are already sticking out their necks to treat us with long-term antibiotics when that goes against IDSA guidelines. It's one thing to alter dosage and duration of conventional treatments, it's another thing entirely to start trumpeting an experimental treatment with no listed side effects or official safety record.

I take it as a good sign that top docs are voicing no opinion on this. When I asked my west coast Dr. H if he had any thoughts about me going to germany, he said "None. I have one patient there right now." I view that as him being in wait-and-see mode. After all, they could just say the idea is garbage! But LLMDs have seen crazy ideas such as rife, hyperbaric, ondamed, homeopathics, become almost standard conjunctive lyme treatment over the years.

-joey

Posts: 713 | From Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jl123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jl123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
joey, thanks for the thoughtful words.

However someone on another thread has just commented upon a LLMD that they claim has been monitoring and sending patients to Germany?

Here is the thread:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=072724

No judgments just trying to find out experiences. JL

Posts: 268 | From new york city | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nyjohn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nyjohn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
best of wishes to all 3 of you!

i am thinking i might even go over in the end of november, depending how you 3 progress and report!

enjoy germany, too!

john

--------------------
do your best to educate the rest because
9 out of 10 doctors don't know jack about tick borne illnesses

Posts: 437 | From shawangunk mountains, ny | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

Thanks all for the kind words

Support is always a good thing [Smile]

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

hanginginthere
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11685

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hanginginthere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have a safe trip everyone! My thoughts and prayers will be with you all.

I'm very excited for you guys!!! And I'm doing my very best not to be overcome with jealousy [Big Grin]

Keep in touch when you have a chance! Until I can go too, I will be...

~hanginginthere

Posts: 136 | From North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ctlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ctlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have a great trip everybody.
Come home well.

I was wondering if the poeple going could write down the 5 worst symptoms on this site and to what degree it bothers you.

Often times when we get ill and then get better we may forget some things.

We could get a real sense of your improvement that way.

Jsut a thought.

Have a safe trip.

Posts: 137 | From wethersfield ct | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let me know when you get a machine O2, I'll stop by. [lol]

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Current five worst symptoms -

Fatigue - debilitating at times
Air hunger - can be severe, is almost daily
Insomnia - cannot sleep without medication (Lyrica and Lunesta), even with meds have trouble at times
Muscle aches/fibromyalgia - take Lyrica and Norco
GI distress - pain after eating, constipation/diarrhea, lack of appetite

I have had many symptoms resolve with abx treatment, but these are the ones that are left.

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m0joey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for m0joey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my fab five (honestly can't say one is less severe than the other)

1. physical fatigue
2. cognitive impairment, mental fatigue
3. sleep impairment (can't sleep at all without meds)
4. postexertional malaise (can't tolerate any aerobic activity)
5. postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (can't stand up, walk for longer than 20-30 min)

Posts: 713 | From Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angelica
Unregistered

If anyone starts to feel sickly and uncomfortable while on the flight over ask for oxygen. It does help and they used to be required to give it to people for free and probably still are.
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Thank you so much Angelica, I didn't know that ... I will ask if I need it!

Okay, here's my blog ... I posted a summary of my Lyme history. [Smile]

sixgoofykids.blogspot.com/

--------------------

m0joey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13494

speaking of oxygen, i rented an inogen one portable oxygen concentrator for the flights. This will allow a constant supply of oxygen for the 11-hr flight. running me about $500 for the whole month, but i consider this a worthwhile expense to prevent relapsing symptoms from hypoxia.

i really benefited from ordering oxygen tanks on domestic flights.

And angelica, i don't know about international flights, but they did not carry oxygen tanks on domestic flights unless you requested them. They also cost $100/tank. We have to consider the reality of planes skimping on any dead weight with higher oil prices.

-joey

liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for liesandmorelies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mojoey and everyone else going,

I will be thinking of you all and am so excited for you.

So many of us will be eagerly awaiting your news. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers as you travel abroad.

I hope this is the next step to being healthy for you all and am just as excited as this trip will be monumental for us all if it works.

So many are pulling for you all to do well and get healed.

I am with you in thought!

Hugs,
Elizabeth

--------------------
aka: Lyme Warrior

In order to do "real" science, you have to have a "real" conversation with nature.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History!

"Just Demand your Rights"

Posts: 869 | From nor - cal | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angelica
Unregistered

I tried to research this but could not find the current FAA regulations. I think the airlines on all flights have to carry extra oxygen in tanks in case a passenger is having difficulty breathing or becomes ill in flight.

If you just say can I have some oxygen it might not appear but if you ever really do feel badly and if you DEMAND it they have to give you some.

It is not meant to be used for the whole flight but sometimes just breathing on a tank for a 5 minutes will help. It can be very calming.

"``The Federal Aviation Administration requires commercial flights to carry at least two oxygen dispensers''

m0joey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13494

yes angelica,

i'm sure they have some for emergency situations. And yes, if the passenger says they need oxygen, they will treat it as an emergency. You can imagine what would happen PR-wise if they didn't.

However, I'm talking about patients that can stand to benefits greatly from having continous supply of oxygen for long flights. Just something to consider for patients that are hesitant to travel due to fear of altitude-related relapses. And like 5 minutes of oxygen can be calming, so can 11 hours of worth make an overseas flight downright tolerable =)

Angelica
Unregistered

I agree with everything you are saying. I just wanted everyone to know do not hesitate to ask for oxygen if you do not feel well.

I think I had to have it once on a flight. It was so long ago I can't remember it but I think I had to ask twice and then it did appear and it did help.

Ocean
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck everyone! I'm so excited for you guys and can't wait to read updates. I hope that all goes smoothly and you are healed.

Take care,
Ocean

--------------------
http://www.healingfromlymedisease.blogspot.com/

Sick since 1996...Diagnosed 10/2008

IgM:23-25 IND, 31+++, 39 IND, 41 +++
IgG: 31 IND, 41++, 58+

Posts: 1623 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck everyone! I'm so excited for you guys and can't wait to read updates. I hope that all goes smoothly and you are healed.

Take care,
Ocean

--------------------

Posts: 1623 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m0joey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13494

sorry if i sounded condescending angelica!! i didn't mean to at all.

-joey

Angelica
Unregistered

No worries and I hope you have a really wonderful trip.
GiGi
Member # 259

Trying to assist a person a couple of days ago (not a poster here) to get an appointment with Dr. W., I found that they are no longer accepting new patients until the next year. They were in the process of moving when my husband and I were overthere in June. The move was delayed, but may take place soon. So they need time and are closed over the Holidays.

My strong feeling is that the recent nasty public commentary here on the board about the doctor and his people was not appreciated. It certainly made me feel horrible, even though I had nothing to do with that person's visit there, except that I provided the original information here on the board about the Bionic880 success and the doctors using it in their practice.

We certainly had the best care and a most pleasant experience in that office by both Dr. W. and his staff.

I would also like to add here that they are not able to enter into e-mail conversations with the many patients they serve, so please be considerate.

Taking a dictionary always helps when traveling to a foreign country.

I know you will understand what I am trying to say.

Hoping your trip will be as successful as ours.
It's a beautiful life without Lyme.

Take care.

P.S. Here just a few notes to help you plan:

The Kleins are wonderful people and try to be very helpful. However, they do not clean your apartment during your stay. There is no maid service as in a hotel.

You may want to take enough clothing to last you - Mrs. Klein will help with a tub of laundry (for an extra fee)if really necessary during your stay. This is not customary, however, when staying in a vacation apartment. Many Europeans spend their vacations in "vacation apartments". People bring enough or go to cleaners in town; besides a drying rack on your balcony, there is no dryer - the cost is much too high and people are very concerned with conserving energy.

Hope this helps. And happy travels!

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm so excited for all of you!! travel safely. [Smile]

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willow way
Member # 16605

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willow way     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Here is a list of my 5 symptoms:

The chronic and debilitating fatigue
I have big problems with my eyes and the muscles around them
Air hunger
Weight loss and very poor digestion
Cognitive impairment, poor memory

Take care
Ruth

Posts: 4 | From New York | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zombie_mummy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17402

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zombie_mummy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.naturheilpraxis-mallorca.com/englisch/press6.htm

Has anyone looked into being treated by this guy (looks to be an ND) in Spain?

--------------------
"Be it, don't dream it." -Dr. Frank-N-Furter

http://www.lymefriends.com/profile/zombie_mummy

Posts: 196 | From Canuckistan | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunshinyday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunshinyday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up

--------------------
Gail

Posts: 234 | From Sterling, Ma | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joylindy
Member # 16501

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joylindy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just returned from seeing Dr. W in Germany. I am lyme free after 5 treatments! I am absolutely delighted. I chose to buy a machine (Bionic 880) so that I can do a couple of follow up treatments for borreliosis (at Dr. W's recommendation) as well as learning to use it to address other issues in my system.

I also bought the biotensor, and am enjoying testing my foods and supplements while gaining confidence and practice in using this instrument.

I found Dr. W and his staff to be most caring and accommodating in every way. I am truly grateful for his expertise and help.

I followed the trend and stayed at the Guesthouse Klein, and was absolutely delighted with the apartment, the location, and the kindness of Karin and her husband Manfred.

All in all it was a very positive experience.

I especially want to thank GiGi for her posts this summer on the Bionic, and for taking time in phone calls and emails to help answer my questions.

I have only posted a few times on lymenet, and communicated with a few of you. I have appreciated the information and support. I found out that I had lyme only this summer, at the end of July, after many years of suffering.
My major symptoms have been extreme fatigue and brain fog. Other symptoms have included depression and anxiety, joint pain, neuralgia,thyroid disease and digestive problems.

I know I have continued healing to do to restore my health, but I am on my way and believe that the Bionic 880 treatments were worth it in every way.

--------------------
joylindy

Posts: 15 | From Ohio | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angelica
Unregistered

Congratulations joylindy!

It sounds like you had a very healing experience in Germany. Thank you for sharing your experience and continue to improve.

ctlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ctlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for sharing Joylindy.

Happy to hear you had a good experience and got home feeling better than when you left.

Can you tell us to what degree your symptoms have lessened or been completely relieved.

Did Dr W encourage you to purchase a machine because you needed more treatment?

Again, thanks for sharing

Posts: 137 | From wethersfield ct | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Member # 3496

Yeah Joy!!!

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. I am so interested in the Bionic, I keep checking this thread for new replies and it's so exciting to hear such positive results from so many people.

I am thinking of going, of course it depends on if our house sells so we can use the equity to pay for it all. I wish there was a doctor in the US who could do this.

Anyhow, congrats again,

Ocean

--------------------

jamieL
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16563

Icon 9 posted      Profile for jamieL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GiGi,

When did Dr. W think he could see new patients again?

--------------------
Diagnosed with :yme and mycoplasma pneumonia Aug 08.
Treating with Doxy and Ceftin ever since. 15 sessions in hyperbaric o2 chamber

Posts: 183 | From all around | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mikej2323
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mikej2323     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sixgoofykids-

Could you please email me at my email down below when you can? Thanks.

[email protected]

Mike

Posts: 252 | From Iowa | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hanginginthere
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11685

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hanginginthere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike, she's in Germany for three weeks, but she has a blog you can check for updates: sixgoofykids.blogspot.com/
Posts: 136 | From North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Jami, it is best for you to call them in person. Their plans are at the moment I talked to them last not to take on new patients until next year.
The are expecting to move offices and then there are Holidays. But do call - things may change or may have changed since I talked with them.

The phone number is somewhere in the beginning of this thread. Consider that they are nine hours ahead from Pacific Coast time, six hours ahead East Coast Time. Closed on Wed and Fri afternoons. Do not call at lunch hour and do not leave message on recorder. They have trouble listening to unclear phone numbers and don't have time to repeat listening to messages. So try until you get a person on the line.

For certain, they will schedule people for next year. I don't know if they do it this early. So suggest you call them. Okay?

Take care.

GiGi
Member # 259

Mike, are you or were you aware of the Bionic treatment? I assumed of course you were when you mailed me. If not, please e-mail me privately.

Take care.

evgen
Member # 14118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for evgen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good news from joylindy. [woohoo] I am getting convinced more and more of the Bionics effectiveness. Impaitient to hear more from the october group.
Thanks God we have Dr. W!

[woohoo]

--------------------
~From Russia with Lyme~

Posts: 34 | From Rostov-on-Don, Russia | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nyjohn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nyjohn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone hear from the group over there now?

--------------------
do your best to educate the rest because
9 out of 10 doctors don't know jack about tick borne illnesses

Posts: 437 | From shawangunk mountains, ny | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Member # 3496

I know, I'm anxiously awaiting any news.

--------------------

karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karatelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been thinking about Sixgoofykids a lot today ~ was her appointment yesterday? Is she
roaming the countryside, lol, or taking it easy detoxing?

I can't wait.......................

Sandy

Posts: 686 | From Northeast Georgia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

If Six has proven Lyme (the energetic way,) she should be having her second treatment Thursday, I think. I hope the mold will keep quiet while the spirochetes are being pursued. Lets keep our fingers crossed ---- when we were overthere I kept thinking of Betty Davies and her bumpy ride!, but it never came.

The best to Six and Paul and Ruth and all the others under the light.

Take care.

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Hi All, Steel is waiting to get on the Klein's internet so I'll keep this short .... we're here, I have a heavy Lyme load, he said I have had it at least ten years (which I knew). You can read about it on the blog, but I really think this can work. [Smile]

--------------------

Ocean
Member # 3496

Yeah Six,
thanks for the update! I've been checking daily to see if there were updates from anyone.

I hope that everything goes smoothly for you!!

Ocean

--------------------

NanaDubo
Member # 14794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanaDubo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Joylindy! I got to meet her in Germany but was finished up a week before she did.

A great place to meet new friends and watch them get well!

What a wonderful thing it must be for Mrs. Klein at the guesthouse - to watch people dragging themselves in (like I did) and go home with a big smile on their face!

Posts: 1129 | From Maine | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mikej2323
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mikej2323     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes- I know she's in Germany...which is the reason I post. If she's checking here and her blog on a computer- I'm hoping she can email me quick. I can't find anywhere on her blog to PM.

Six- could you email me when you can?

[email protected]

Thanks.

Posts: 252 | From Iowa | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NanaDubo
Member # 14794

correction - I got to meet joylindy, not six.

Sixgoofy and I have been in contact quite a bit the last couple of months and she is intentionally not receiving pms through her blog. Just a place for her to write about her experiences while in Germany.

zombie_mummy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17402

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zombie_mummy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nana (and any others who wish to chime in),

I was just wondering how your food intolerances are, now that you have completed the Bionic 880 treatment. Have you been able to eat gluten yet?

I cannot tolerate any grains at all, in addition to lactose, potatoes, cane sugar and soy. Even a molecule of wheat gluten leaves me ill for 2 weeks. It would be so nice to hear that Bionic treatment would clear this up!!

--------------------
"Be it, don't dream it." -Dr. Frank-N-Furter

http://www.lymefriends.com/profile/zombie_mummy

Posts: 196 | From Canuckistan | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angelica
Unregistered

zombie_mummy I am gluten intolerant too. I am hoping treatment with the Bionic 880 when I make it to Germany helps with gluten intolerance.

I dreamed I ate chocolate ice cream in a waffle cone last night.

GiGi
Member # 259

From my experience, the leaky gut and heavy metal toxicity has to be addressed first. It takes a long time after the Bionic treatment and the Lyme is eradicated that the leaky gut can heal. But only if the heavy metals are also dealt with.
Leaky gut brought about by environmental toxins and heavy metals is closely tied to allergies of all kinds. Wheat/Gluten is one of the most difficult to get rid of. So is Dairy.

I was allergic to everything including wool, silk and most foods. I am no longer allergic to anything that I am aware of.

Only after I cleared my system of the heavy metals and dental toxins (mercaptans and thioethers) was I able to get totally well. Lyme was just a part of the problem, even though I thought that is all it would take. I was fine, totally fine, before the Bionic treatment. But my husband still needs attention for heavy metals, mold and fungi, etc. Layer by layer, following the Bionic Lyme treatment. Not all can be accomplished in 2-1/2 weeks. Our body would not survive if all were attempted at once.

But, the major problem, the Lyme spirochetes and all that came with it (Babesia, Bartonella, etc.) are all gone, done with. And that makes the remainder of the problems much easier to deal with.

Take care.

NanaDubo
Member # 14794

Zombie_Mummy, I haven't been playing around with wheat since I got back. I have found a nice European Sourdough Rye that has no wheat or yeast that is keeping my toast habit happy.

Other things that I have dabbled with that I normally stay away from (sugar and dairy) don't seem to bother me although I have only experimented with them as they are not a part of my normal diet anyway.

Dr. W had said once the yeast was out of my gut I could eat what I wanted. The yeast is gone but I do not intend to invite it back.

I still have metals to deal with. As Gigi has said, this is crucial and will be the frosting on the cake for me- so to speak [lol]

In other words, although I can probably handle some foods I couldn't before, I am not going to play around until my dental work is finished and my metal load is down.

Hope that helps.

Bob - if you are reading this, your mailbox is full and I sent you an email [Wink]

lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Thanks nanadubo opened up some more room in the old mailbox. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Bob

steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

i have had 2 treatments so far..it is certainlky helping

back pain is my biggest issue...slowly getting better

had back surgery 13 yrs ago so a lot of bugs there so it will take some time..i have no doubt this treatment will cure me...

My only concern is will i need more then 6 treatments.just my concern not the dr's..Dr w thinks i will be fine.
Dr w and his staff are flat out awesome..some of the nicest people on the planet

will give u another upadfte next week..

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

jamieL
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16563

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jamieL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bump!

I can't believe this thread is on page two! [lol]

--------------------
Diagnosed with :yme and mycoplasma pneumonia Aug 08.
Treating with Doxy and Ceftin ever since. 15 sessions in hyperbaric o2 chamber

Posts: 183 | From all around | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alv
Unregistered

Look at that is very interesting.

The IR biophoton "ENHANCES THE IMMUNE SYSTEM by increasing the number of "killer" cells by up to 900%"

http://www.thetendonitissite.com/howitworks.html

How important is light on our LIFE!!!

http://www.international-light-association.eu/page1/page1.html

[ 20. October 2008, 12:08 PM: Message edited by: Alv ]

m0joey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13494

thank you alv!

i posted the site on my blog if you don't mind. Those that claim there is no scientific evidence or documented research behind the therapeutic use of biophotons, please take a look at the list of current research.

-joey

UnexpectedIlls
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15144

mOjey-- When are you leaving for Germany?? I can't wait to see your progress!! [Smile]

--------------------

Ocean
Member # 3496

Yes Joey,
I'm excited for you too. Will you keep a blog like Six to share your progress? Is anyone else from Lymenet going with you this time around?

Please keep us updated if possible!!

Thanks,
Ocean

--------------------

m0joey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13494

yes I'll be posting as often as I can on the blog listed below. I think scott is going a week after I, but not sure if he's staying at the klein's.

nyjohn might be there on 11/11 (great date!!)

-joey

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  16  17  18   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement