LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Hemorrhoids?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hemorrhoids?
richedie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for richedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone had issues with hemorrhoids fro mLyme treatment?

I eat very well, about 50 grams or more of fiber a day with lots of water, bowel movements are easy. So, then I develop a nasty hemorrhoid this week. I start reading that liver disease can cause pressure on these veins resulting in hemorrhoids. So, could this be due to something wrong with my liver as a result of the Mepron and antibiotics?

My doctor sends me for liver function tests but I read that the standard blood tests for liver function are not the best method! So, now what...

Anyone run into any of this or am I the first here?

Thanks for listening.

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Doxy/Biaxin/Flagyl pulse.
Artemisinin with Doxy/Biaxin.
Period of Levaquin and Ceftin.
Then Levaquin, Bactrim and Biaxin.
Bactrim/Augmentin/Rifampin.
Mepron/Biaxin/Artemisinin/Cat's Claw
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

Posts: 1949 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KauaiGoddess
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KauaiGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aloha~

I don't have any really answer for you, sorry...

I too have had hemorrhoid problems off and on since treatment...nothing really painful, but they did make my butt itch terribly!! Mine were more 'inside' the anus...

I freaked out the first time,and did all this research..but didn't come to any certain conclusion...

went to the doc here (not my LLMD) and they were gone by the time I got in...

I too eat very well, and take fiber daily...it was not a constipation thing at all...

My LLMD didn't really have much to say and wasn't really too concerned...they come and go.. a hot epsom salt bath feels good....

I still yet have no idea what causes them...I'd b interested what you find...

Good Luck!

Smiles and hugs~
Fawne

--------------------
Energy flows where attention goes~

Posts: 302 | From Kauai | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richedie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for richedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks!

I read spicy food can contribute and I eat lots of spicy food. I also just started to get back into heavier weight lifting since feeling better at times and trying to work around my pain and do what I can. Could have led to the hemorrhoids.

Mine is an external type and is somewhat painful! I have used this natural healing oil in the past called, 'Healing Hemorrhoids' from Natural Helaing Oils and it works! Rather than go see a doctor, I just ordered some and asked if they could fed ex overnight. I had a bad hemorrhoid about 10 years ago and the doctor cut it out - ouch! I don't want to do that again although the numbing was the bad part!

Last time this happened I used the natural oil and it went away. Figures I am out of the stuff.

I am just hoping I am not doing damage by not seeing a doctor right away since if there is significany clotting, an infection can set in.

It has been like this a few days now.

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Doxy/Biaxin/Flagyl pulse.
Artemisinin with Doxy/Biaxin.
Period of Levaquin and Ceftin.
Then Levaquin, Bactrim and Biaxin.
Bactrim/Augmentin/Rifampin.
Mepron/Biaxin/Artemisinin/Cat's Claw
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

Posts: 1949 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
herbalfrog
Member # 12711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for herbalfrog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today removal is quite easily done with three laser treatments.

--------------------
Else

Posts: 82 | From Florida | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement