LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Brain fog and head pressure

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Brain fog and head pressure
aileenhome
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aileenhome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have not been able to think clearly for about 6 weeks. I also have head pressure and neck stiffness. I keep thinking that if my brain would just "free up" I could deal with everything else.

I am on amoxy 500mg 3xday (tried higher dose and it made me worse). Also take Ultra Flor probiotic 4 caps/day.

I have severely cut down on sugar and yeast-products. I have been trying detox baths. I also go for lymphatic/myofascial treatment once a week which helps.

Is there anything else I could be doing? This is literally making me feel like I am going out of my mind. I felt a bit better earlier this week and thought I was finally turning the corner but today I feel as bad as ever. Will see doc again next Tuesday. I am trying to stay positive but really I am so depressed.

Posts: 133 | From Far Hills, NJ 07931 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jocus20
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jocus20     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear that aileen.

Im dealing with those same problems as well. The brain fog/derealiaztion and head pressure are two of my worst symptoms.

I have not found any real relief from either. Xanax does seem to help a bit with both espacially the head pressure. Not sure why.

Good luck.

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jocus20

also check out my videos:

http://www.youtube.com/user/jocus20

Posts: 248 | From PA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aileenhome
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aileenhome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for response - I was taking low dose xanax to help me sleep but I was finding it was making me sleepy all day so I have stopped. I guess you trade one symptom for another!

Head pressure/fog/neckache are bad for me today. I am sure they are all related. Could not even drive today. I am hoping it's maybe some kind of die-off or something.

Praying for a better day tomorrow for both of us.

Posts: 133 | From Far Hills, NJ 07931 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahmet ozbek
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14358

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahmet ozbek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
İ have head pressure, head pain,neck and back pain. i have begun the take laroxyl and lithium oratate.
my headeache is decreased with 25 mg laroxyl and my fibromyalgic back and neck pain is diminished pretty much with also lithium oratate (2x120 mg). ahmet

Posts: 182 | From turkey | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nwisser
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15682

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nwisser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're probably already drinking plenty of water, possibly with lemon juice. Are you taking alpha lipoic acid and acetyl-L-carnitine? In combination, they seem to help with brain fog.

--------------------
Just because it' s not nice doesn' t mean it' s not miraculous.
--Terry Pratchett

Posts: 121 | From Nazareth, PA | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweet pea
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6495

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweet pea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang in there, you are doing the right things and will eventually feel better.

I recently tried ionic foot baths (I had 4 over the course of 2 weeks) and I'm pretty sure they helped me detox.

I try not to take NSAIDS, but once in a while, like when my noisy young stepson is visiting, I take an Aleve or Ibuprofen to help with the inflammation.

Like Ahmet, I also take lithium orotate, which has no side effects as far as I know.

I use klonopin for sleep, 1/2 a pill before bed. It works but it does make me a little drowsy the next day.

Posts: 449 | From Vermont | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement