LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Reducing EMF exposure

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Reducing EMF exposure
ItCantBeTrue
Member # 17151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ItCantBeTrue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone tested their home for EMF exposure? Is it done affordably?

How can we reduce our exposure? What sort of things have you done?

I was thinking of getting some sheet metal to put in the attic to reduce EMF from nearby cell towers but I'm not sure if it would help much.

Thoughts?

--------------------
IGM positive WB through Igenex:
18+ 31++ 34+ 41+ 66+

Posts: 61 | From TX | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doctor Burrascano recommends a form of metal chicken wire insulation within walls, or ceilings. I don't know much more. This data comes from Tailz from a prior e-mail she received from Dr. B.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Faraday cage
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_cage

other products
http://www.blockemf.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=763

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeMECFSMCS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeMECFSMCS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can use something called a Trifield Meter to measure EMFs in the home.

There are all sorts of barriers, etc., etc., that you can buy to block EMFs (i.e. from computers, phones, TVs. . .). I personally have not found any of those all that effective, except for an EMF-reducing phone headset so that I don't have to be as close to my phone.

When I used the Trifield meter around my house, the worst EMFs came from small appliances, such as the blender, and from a non-flat-screen TV. I get really sick from phone EMFs and other things in the house, however, and those did not even register on the meter.

I think the problem in most homes is dirty electricity in the walls, and to remedy that takes a very skilled electrician who is familiar with EMFs.

Posts: 929 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
where do you get the curtains and paint that is supposed to stop the emfs?

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NanaDubo
Member # 14794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanaDubo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cutcat.com sells a radiation protection paint additive and something you put in the laundry - haven't tried them though.

You can get a stetzer meter for under $100 to test all the outlets in your house to measure dirty electricity. Aside from appliances and cell towers, it can be running through your walls.

Stetzer filters are not that expensive and you can quickly bring down any outlet into normal range with one.

Posts: 1129 | From Maine | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lessemf.com has a variety of products to measure exposure and block it in various ways. I don't think they have the stetzer meters for the dirty electricity, though. I think the most important things for people to do are:

- if you're in an apartment or condo, get out of there and move into a house where you won't be exposed to so much of the wireless crap your lunatic neighbors are producing
- if you're using wireless devices or fluorescent lights in your home, stop the lunacy
- get and use the stetzer filters
- get something to block the smart meter you probably have on an outside wall of your home
- then if you're still measuring significant emf's in your home, do more to block what the neighbors are giving you

Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm really lucky--(or smart...non-lunatic!) i got the trifold meter before i bought the house and there are hardly any emfs here. the radon protector goes to 2-3 when you are a foot from it. nothing farther out.

i dont have a smart meter and hope to fight that if necessary

im at least 2-4 house lots frommy neighbors

however...after moving in i noticed the cleanest emf room-away from elec box and frige etc...that room-wher i planned to sleep has the highest wireless from the neighbots...still not too strong...maybe 2 bars...but i was thinking i could use curtains and/or paint to slow that wireless thing down.

what do you think...i am still a little confused about the types of emfs

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lpkayak:

i dont have a smart meter and hope to fight that if necessary

Just don't let them do it. There is a court case in CA that was won against smart meters so they know they can't make you. They've told us more than once they were turning off our electricity, but we called their bluff and they haven't.

BUT, get this, our 3G on our cell phones BARELY works for internet on our cell phones since our neighborhood got 3G. We don't use wifi, so our cell phones and ipads are just about useless at home now. Even without our own smart meter, the receptors on the telephone poles are still affecting us.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
squeak2011
Member # 37074

Icon 1 posted      Profile for squeak2011     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there

I bought a brain coat hat and some protective clothing from lessemf.com and it's worked wonders for me. I had terrible dizziness and vertigo before and now it's almost non exsistant. I work from home so am lucky enough to wear both all day but also wear them at night. I just ordered the faraday bed canopy to see if that provides additional protection.

From what I understand the clothing (or bed canopies) will only protect you from radio waves -cell,microwave, wireless internet. Dirty electricity requires metal coating or some kind of metal paneling at least that's what I understand.

There is a good video on the subject of cell phones called Full Circit - I found it at the library along with a bunch of other books about the topic. I've also stopped using my cell phone as much as I can and only talk on speaker phone.

Hope that helps!

Posts: 3 | From Seattle, wa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://stopsmartmeters.org./
Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

thank you guys. six...the local elecrician said the town was way behind on the smart meters and would love to not have to do me...but i need to get my ducks in a row just in case. so thanks for info.

i didnt understand the last paragrap about the cell phones...but is is wireless i am concerned with...i always use speaker now and really try to use landline...but i think at one point gigi had trouble with a land line...i may not be remembering that right

anyway...thanks all.

--------------------

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since we don't use wifi, when we use our cell phones data, which is 3G, it doesn't work because of the interference from the Smart Meters in our neighborhood. The Smart Meters transmit data to the telephone poles. The things on the telephone poles interfere with our data plans.

I don't have trouble with 3G even though I can't use wifi.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all the info! Interesting that the protective clothing helped you squeak2011. I was thinking about ordering some but I just got overwhelmed with all the pros & cons.

Some places say you need to have a professional do the remediation since the currents can form eddies & pools if you try to insulate. I also saw some physicists on YouTube saying that the silver canopies are a waste of money & a joke.

I like our place but it's hard to get my partner to want to move since it doesn't effect him. I don't really want to move, either - if I don't have to. We are in an apartment on top of a store with refrigeration units all under the floor in every room. I don't know what I could do to reduce the exposure. There's wifi all around, cell towers, huge transmission towers...

Luckily, they aren't on the roof but there are like 4 cable TV dishes attached to the house all around. Plus, this is a historic radon area + other toxic crap. There used to be a Superfund site very near by but it was supposedly cleaned up.

I don't think NJ is doing the smart meters. So, that's one less headache.

In any case, I got alot worse after moving in here. In about a month, I reversed almost all the progress I made. I don't know if it's from the EMFs. It's hard to say. I may try getting the lessemf.com bed sheets & see if it helps. I'm at home most of the day & night.

I tried using an earthing wire but it didn't seem to do much.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement