Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7686
Passing this on...
Thought I'd pass on some research regarding the use of electromagnetic therapies for Lyme disease.
Admittedly there is not much objective evidence that electromagnetic therapies have antibacterial effects. Recently a dental surgeon began studying this (William Nordquist, DMD, BS, MS, Implant Dentistry of San Diego, CA, http://www.niceteeth.tv ). He observed that the "Doug Coil Machine" stunned spirochetes in vitro. Here is the video:
Of course, merely stunning the bacteria is not the same as having antibacterial qualities. Yet, this video was created with a treatment regimen that was not optimized or even well planned - this was the first attempt. Other videos will hopefully be forthcoming. Just the fact that any effect is possible and has been recorded, is a huge step forward in this area of research.
Other scientific evidence includes the well studied principle that electromagnetic frequencies can destroy biofilms and hence weaken bacterial colonies. See:
Remembering basic physics....even the Bionic 880 therapy(biophoton), is part of the electromagnetic spectrum. Visible light is from 400 to 700 nanometers in wavelengths.
So electromagnetic therapies appear to be an important piece to overcoming Lyme. Certain wavelengths are for killing Lyme/disrupting biofilms, other wavelengths or energizing our systems, bionic 880, for example.
Rife (alternating fields) appear to doing 3 things at the same time: 1) Killing/weakening Lyme bacteria by damaging the cell wall(when Lyme is in the spirochete form), 2) disrupting biofilms which protect Lyme bacteria from antibiotics, and 3) causing cation (Ca/Ma)outflows from the cells, which weaken the bacteria.
I think we often forget about the big picture on how we use the various tools we have at our disposal. We need to be using both AC and DC approaches in the therapy. Using DC light techniques to strengthen our immune systems and AC (rife) techniques to weaken the Lyme bacteria.
Posts: 546 | From Cascadia subduction zone | Registered: Mar 2002
| IP: Logged |
One "big" shock is a lot different than repeated small electrical "shocks"/impulses (pacemakers, etc.)
About using "electricity" to destroy pathogens:
"Ali Demirci, an associate professor of agricultural and biological engineering at Pennsylvania State University, is investigating the use of ozone, supercritical carbon dioxide, electrolyzed oxidizing water and pulsed UV-light to decontaminate foods and ensure products are safe.
Other emerging technologies include irradiation, high hydrostatic pressure,
***pulsed electric field***
and ohmic heating.
"Employing nonthermal ways to destroy pathogens allows us to decontaminate food without damaging the products," he stated in describing his work."