LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Infrard Sauna users- help...no sweating?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Infrard Sauna users- help...no sweating?
luluMN
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12703

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luluMN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok is there something I don't know here?

I am using my friend's infrared, and I sit in it for 45 plus minutes at 130 degrees, and barely sweat?

I get that clamy, moist feeling and at most get a couple of drips at the end, but never
the good intense sweating I thought I was going to get...

Obviously I have a sweating issue, but not sure if I am not doing this right, or what I can do?

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Posts: 232 | From MN | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Laura I also didn't sweat when I was using infrared at a naturopath office 6-7 yrs ago.
Then the office started me from the sauna not being turned on to the degree it wanted me at. (Sorry I don't remember what that was, seems it was 120?)

As I did a gradual warm up my body started to sweat. I didn't understand why, but it made a difference for me.

I quit using the sauna after 3-4 mths due to not seeing results in myself. I also started reading more on mercury/metal poisoning and wandered if I was doing more harm than good.

I'm in process of eliminating metals first through my dental work. Believe me I have more than the average person.

I think there was 15 teeth with fillings, crowns all done with tons of ugly silver hidden and covered in my mouth.

Even though my heavy metal test didn't find mercury levels high, I knew that they were there. My body just wasn't releasing all the enemies.

Also at the time I was doing infrared, I was a walking TOXIN period. My body wouldn't or couldn't release toxins without me going down the drain with them.

My body now will detox, so maybe some day not to far off I will be able to use the infra red again.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6405 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My sister and I both suffered with anhydrosis (inability to sweat) for years. I personally beleive it makes it hard to control your body temperature. Mine got a lot better on lyme and babesia treatment. My sisters got better on abx.

This article mentions it - or at least the doctor said one of his patients had anhydrosis.
http://cassia.org/essay.htm

I've heard many other lyme patients mention it. Several have said that they eventually regained their ability to sweat with the use of the infared sauna.

I would take it really slow if you can't sweat because as I mentioned before, I think it is hard to control body temperature when you can't sweat.

Terry

Posts: 6282 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massman
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good info / recomendations above.

Are you drinking LOTS of water before during and after the sauna ?

Are you taking extra minerals ?

If you are really toxic your body may realize that and not let it happen quickly.

What kind of sauna is it (brand) ?

I used a Sunlight Solo for about a year and as a male thought more was better so I cranked it up high and that made me sweat less.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check your adrenals. Also, do you get enough salt in your diet?

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeparfait
Unregistered

Have you tried doing an aerobic form of exercise

before your sauna? I find if I get my interior

heat going naturally first by getting my heart

rate up, I get very good results in the sauna.

luluMN
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12703

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luluMN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
massman,
no I don't drink enough water before, you think that will change it huh? As for the brand, it is a Sauna Tech, and exactly what kind of minerals??

Scott,
I know my adrenals are off, won't take Ayrmor thyroid again ever because all my hair fell out, which was not what I needed on top of everything else. do you need extra salt?

lymeparfait,
I don't do any aerobic exercise because I am too sick, but thanks!

Posts: 232 | From MN | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My thought is that you have to be well-hydrated to sweat and part of hydration is related to electrolytes. I was rather dehydrated until I started adding more salt into my day. I would not suggest anyone do so without talking to their doctor though.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Also, I think some people have to train their body to sweat and over time, they sweat more. I am not sure if you have recently started or have been doing for some time. If recent, it may just take time.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

massman
Unregistered

Good multimineral.

Brand looks good for sauna.

Inhale lots of water.

Other posts above = good info.

Book "Detox or Die" has some good info on this.
Have your library get a copy for you - does not cost $$$. It is a bit overbearing, though.

Bugg
Member # 8095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bugg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi--

I had the same problem and I also, for a long time, had a very low body temperature. I discovered I had metabolic dysfunction due to a severe lack of magnesium in my body. Once I started replenishing the levels (which I'm still in the process of doing), my body temp started to regulate. I'm also now trying to work on vitamin D levels...(I should note that when I tried the sauna I had already been through years of oral and IV abx)....

Good Luck!

Posts: 1155 | From Southeast | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter has the opposite problem, she sweats profusely all day long.

She found sometimes she doesn't sweat in the infrared sauna. Don't worry, it's still doing good, just by putting out the infrared rays.

Something that REALLY stimulated sweating was to dry brush the body before getting in.

It is also important to drink plenty of water before and after.

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karatelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What I've noticed with my sauna is ~ during the summer, I sweat like crazy and use two small towels to wipe up the sweat the whole 40 minutes at around 130 degrees.

In the winter when its cold outside and my hands and feet are usually cold during the day, I only begin to sweat towards the end of the sauna.

Sandy

Posts: 686 | From Northeast Georgia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NanaDubo
Member # 14794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanaDubo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty small and can lay down on the bench in mine (sort of).

Anyway I never sweat very much when I do that because of course, that's not where most of the heat is.

If I sit up the entire time, I sweat plenty. As Scott mentioned, I have also added more salt to my diet recently. Himalayan salt.

Posts: 1129 | From Maine | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

I think that not sweating can also be a sign of very high toxicity.

You might want to think about doing an Epsom Salt bath before you do the sauna - if you are not sensitive to sulfur which many are.

Then try 10 minutes of rebounding or something to get the lymphatics moving.

Then try the sauna.

Sweating mechanisms being compromised may represent chemical/pesticide toxicity.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

luluMN
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12703

Thanks everyone!

How do you know if you are low in magnesium or salt?

And do I just begin taking any kind of salt..I know nothing about salt and not interested in doing high salt, like the vit c and salt protocol, because I'm on abx, but would try adding it to my diet but what kind?

I heard that regular table salt is bad for you is that right, too?

Scott, what do you mean by "rebounding"?
kelmo, good idead with the dry brushing..

Oh, so many question....
Thanks again!

maureen2174
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for maureen2174     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I first started using my sauna, I did not sweat either. Now I definitely sweat!

However, I do sweat a lot more when I do exercise beforehand. I usually walk on the treadmill and then bounce on the rebounder for about 5-10 minutes.

Then I dry skin brush my entire body and get into the sauna. I also keep wiping off the sweat with a towel, and this wiping results in even more sweating I think.

Rebounding is jumping on a rebounder, which is a mini-trampoline. Maybe you can try that since you are too sick for other exercise at this point? Maybe you could lightly bounce?

Posts: 871 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SForsgren - if you are around - can you expand on your comment "check your adrenals" If heme and liver are having trouble detoxing... will this cause the no sweating in the infrared sauna?

I am bringing this up because my son has this problem. He went in the infrared sauna for 10 minutes yesterday and came out bone dry.

He did 20 minutes today... still bone dry.

I got in at the same setting and I start sweating at about 8 minutes.

He also says the heat makes him feel ill.

He drinks plenty of water. He adds sea salt to everything. He eats lots of green vegies and is taking tons of supplements for HPU - zinc & multi-mineral replacement, B vitamins, oils, lechtin, biotin, chromium.

Any new ideas for why he doesn't sweat?

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
seibertneurolyme - you answered my question without even seeing this! When you do see this post, I want to thank you for this other post of yours:
Lack of Sweating May Indicate Iodine Deficiency!
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/37338#000000

I will go buy a cheap bottle of iodine in the morning.

Thanks! Your posts are always so helpful.

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tick battler
Member # 21113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tick battler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Heather,

Heat is hard to tolerate for many with lyme/coinfections - I can't recall - has your son been treated/tested for this yet?

Have you looked at babesia as a possible cause of nausea and heat intolerance? I think that was the culprit for one of my boys...it went away with babesia treatment.

tickbattler

Posts: 1763 | From Malvern, PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

tick battler - yes he has lyme/babs/bart/myco. pneu/ and perhaps more... this is what we know about to date.

He has responded poorly to all abx, combos, orals & IV. No herxing, just a steady worsening of symptoms, all over pain, neurological tics and convulsions and stomach pain. WBC keeps going down and liver functions keep rising up...

His LLMD took him off all abx because the WBC was just too low. That's when I found Dr. K's talks and info on HPU. Discussed it with LLMD. She had heard of it, but does not know much about it. I sent her the info...

A few days later, we talked and she agrees this could be the key to why he has not responded well to abx. Admittedly, she is not an expert and has not the time to become an expert in HPU for one patient. She will do what she can but her hands are tied. In NY, much of the testing needed to treat HPU is outlawed.

He has the zinc deficiency. I know this without testing because he has the white marks on his fingernails.

His LLMD has read the same literature I have on HPU but this is all new to her. I am trying to find a doctor who can help us with the protocol... but basically decided to go ahead and start treating.

I bought the sauna to help with the detox but maybe it is just too soon.

I wish I could get a full look at his vitamin & mineral deficiencies... this seems to be such a huge role in his recovery and NY has so many testing restrictions!

[Mad]

--------------------
May health be with you!

GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband never liked and still does not like the sauna. If your son is allergic and/or cannot regulate the toxins that are being stirred up through detox as well as sauna, look into Allergie Immun and do not talk him into using the sauna until he feels at least somewhat able to tolerate it. Some autonomics are so out of balance, that they simply cannot regulate enough to handle certain exposures. It is totally wrong and a negative to force the issue.

With any allergies, usually the deficiencies in the balancing minerals are huge because of malabsorption/leaky gut. Toxins leak into the blood stream.

If he is metal toxic as most of us are, it makes it even worse to force him into a sauna until he is able to deal safely with the toxin release. If he is allergic to metals, he is unable to release them until it is corrected (through AI).

If he has KPU, it will take a while for him to fill the reservoir of good minerals he needs to detox any neurotoxins.

My husband hated the sauna and was unable to detox anything until he did a few months of AI.
It takes time to heal a leaky gut.

I was not able to use the sauna until I was well on my way to start releasing neurotoxins safely. You should not start forcing detoxing the brain until the lower body is clearing out some of the bulk. If the sauna makes you feel ill, it is not the thing to do. The gut is loaded with nerve endings holding on to neurotoxins and they should be dealt with before anything else to avoid nasty blockages. I am sure that's why your boy is not feeling good.

Learn here what happens with the neurotoxins:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:-43z9zQ53vgJ:www.healingcancernaturally.com/klinghardt-heavymetalchelation.html+nerve+endings+in+gut+metal+toxins+klinghardt&cd =2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

I still learn something new everytime I read this.

Remember many children today are born with allergies. All of mine and their children have them. And that is what causes deficiencies.

Suggest you give your doctor the link to the KPU video where it is explained as only Dr.K. can do it.

Best wishes to your son and you, Heather.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

GiGi,

I have tried to read that link before and I can't read the way it is formatted. The purple writing on white is too much for my eyes.

I just copied it and saved it as a word file without the formatting. If anyone is having the same trouble. This helps.

There is some good information there. Still wading through it. Thank you.

--------------------
May health be with you!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement