LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Great, I've just tested positive for BRUCELLOSIS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Great, I've just tested positive for BRUCELLOSIS
tosho
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tosho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got a message from the lab - brucellosis is positive. Second test will be performed to confirm this.

Or maybe this is only cross reaction with bartonella ?

[confused]

--------------------
[Bb WB igm+] [B.henselae PCR+] [Chlamydia pneum.igm+igg+] [EBV igm-igg+]

Posts: 844 | From Poland | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know of others here who in the past were dxd with that! It was good, because once treated, they GOT WELL!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 94843 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, tosho. I'm not sure where that comes from or how it's treated. But, testing positive is a blessing, I guess.
Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Often from unpastuerized dairy products.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 94843 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tosho
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tosho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know too, Kelmo ! I never ate unsterilized milk or meat.
Is there any literature showing that ticks can carry brucellosis ? I think it would be not a suprise since ticks suck blood from animals...

--------------------

Posts: 844 | From Poland | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tosho
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10191

interesting topic:
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=014128#000001

http://pearl.sums.ac.ir/semj/vol2/jan2001/neurobrucellosis.htm

Treatment :

The major problem in antibiotic treatment of brucellosis is intracellular location of the organism .There is no unanimity of opinion regarding the optimal regimen. Tetracycline and aminoglycosides may not achieve adequate CSF level.

Nevertheless , most authorities recommend the use of doxycyclin 100 mg PO BID in combination with two or more other drugs (Rifampin 600-900 mg PO QD/ streptomycin 1gr IM QD) treatment should be continued for many weeks depending on the response.

Doxycycline crosses the blood brain barrier better than generic tetracycline, and it has been used successfully with trimethoprim - sulfamethoxazole and rifampin for brucella meningitis.

Third generation cephalosporins also achieve high concentrations in CSF but susceptibility of Brucella SPP. is variable , and in vitro sensitivity should be ensured.

Antibiotic therapy should be continued for 1-19 months, till CSF will be cleared. Corticosteroids are often recommended for neurobrucellosis, however , in the absence of controlled studies, their efficacy is unproved.

All patients should be kept under review for at least a year following completion of antibiotic course, when the serum agglutinins should be fallen to normal level.

--------------------

adamm
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also from biowarfare-Mercola's got an article on this.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think many people with Lyme have Brucella but doctors just don't look for it. Energetically, I have it as well.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's similar to mycoplasmas. You may want to treat both...?

http://www.consumerhealth.org/articles/display.cfm?ID=20000830164126

excerpt-

A LABORATORY-CREATED PATHOGEN BY THE U.S. MILITARY

Researchers in the United States, Canada and Britain were doing biowarfare research with the brucellosis bacteria as well as with a number of other disease agents.

From its inception, the biowarfare program was characterized by continuing in-depth review and participation by the most eminent scientists, medical consultants, industrial experts and government officials, and it was top secret.

The U.S. Public Health Service also closely followed the progress of biological warfare research and development from the very start of the program, and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in the United States were working with the military in weaponizing these diseases.

These are diseases which have existed for thousands of years, but they have been weaponized which means they were made more contagious and more effective.

And they are spreading. A program developed by the CIA and NIH to develop a deadly lethal pathogen for which humanity had no natural immunity (AIDS) was disguised as a war on cancer and was part of MKNAOMI (ref. Special Virus Cancer Program:

Progress Report 8, prepared by National Cancer Institute, Viral Oncology, Etiology Area, July, 1971 and submitted to NIH Annual Report in May, 1971 and updated July, 1971).

----------

I had 2 tests for mycoplasmas & they were both negative. I got an Asyra test done & it came up positive for mycoplasmas. I started treating it with a homeopathic remedy & I've been very ill from it. I think it's a sign that it's working.

If you choose to go another route than abx - you may want to consider homeopathy.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What?! What lab did your testing, and what is the treatment?
Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tosho
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10191

One of our LLMD's lab in Poland.
Recently he started to test for more uncommon coinfections like Q-fever, Tularemia and Brucellosis and there are already positive results among Lymies.

My current LLMD is dr.H.,NY - I wonder if he has experience with Brucellosis coinfection. I will contact him soon to discuss this.

I was going downhill on IV Clarithromycin and minocycline (!) so since few days I am back to Rifampin+roxithromycin. Things are stabilized now, I think. But I am very far from feeling well.
Also on Cumanda, Samento and HH caps.

--------------------

tosho
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10191

Treatment for Brucella looks similar to bartonella treatment. I think that's why Rifampin helps me little bit - makes some sense.
[Frown]

--------------------

Jill E.
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill E.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard of people who lived on farms in their earlier years getting Brucellosis, too, but I don't know if it was from the farm animals or the insects on the farm animals.

Here in Southern California, we have Tularemia. Wild rabbits in my area have tested positive. I know two Lyme patients here who have Tularemia - one got it from a biting fly. So there are so many coinfections beyond the ones we typically think of.

Are you tolerating the HH capsules? I bought them and am thinking of trying them because I'm still positive for Bartonella despite Levaquin, then Rifampin.

Jill

--------------------
If laughter is the best medicine, why hasn't stand-up comedy cured me?

Posts: 1773 | From San Diego | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by tosho:
[QB] I don't know too, Kelmo ! I never ate unsterilized milk or meat.
Is there any literature showing that ticks can carry brucellosis ? I think it would be not a suprise since ticks suck blood from animals...

I'd be willing to bet on it if you haven't been in contact with newborn calves or unpasteurized dairy.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

tosho
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10191

Thanks Jill.

Yes, I tolerate HH but I only take 1 caps daily (started few days ago). I will go to the higher dose. (per 'Bartonella Book' higher dose is needed for better results).
Cumanda 10 drops twice daily and still ramping-up.
Samento 10 drops twice daily, too.

--------------------

tosho
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10191

quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
quote:
Originally posted by tosho:
[QB] I don't know too, Kelmo ! I never ate unsterilized milk or meat.

I'd be willing to bet on it if you haven't been in contact with newborn calves or unpasteurized dairy.
No, I have not been in contact with any newborn calves or unpasteurized dairy...

Only tick comes to my mind.
And I had only 1 tick bite in my life.

--------------------

Lymen
Member # 6882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many of you guys have unsubstantiated beliefs that milk pasteurization is always done 100%.

No, it is not and dairy industry is not hiding it.
S**** happens. One container per 50-100 or so can be still contaminated by raw milk.

If you want to be sure boil any milk before you drink it.

Posts: 98 | From BC | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeCFIDSMCS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeCFIDSMCS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Read The Extremely Unfortunate Skull Valley Incident for more on the topic of biowarfare/brucellosis. The book links it to CFS and is very interesting.

I agree this could be good news for you, in terms of treatment/getting better, even though it sounds awful. Which lab did you use to test?

Posts: 926 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymen, I agree. I hear there are some horrific things in milk.

Organic milk just got a great rating in our newspaper. Said it was worth the extra money.

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brucellosis...what are the symtoms of that Tosho? I wonder what your LLMD will say about this?

Maybe get tested for tularemia too..whch Dr B mentions may actually be a "BLO" after all.

Did you get a Fry smear? do you have those bugs too?

Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tosho
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10191

LymeCFIDSMCS, thanks I will read it.

CD57, I didn't get Fry smear.
Now I regret little bit that I forgot to ask my LLMD about it.

I don't know if my symptoms match with Brucellosis, some of them probably do.
My symptoms are:
terrible chronic fatigue
very poor stamina
problems with thinking/short-term memory
mild chills
low-grade fevers
depression
tinnitus
"crackling" in ears
weight loss little bit
extremely poor response to treatment so far

sometimes:
mild sweating
tachycardia

I don't have any joint or muscle pain.

Tularemia is negative.

--------------------

Jill E.
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill E.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tosho,

Thanks for your feedback about the HH capsules. I have to start slowly with everything and increase a little at a time.

I do have the Bartonella book so I know that high doses are what the book suggests may be needed.

Good luck. I hope the Brucellosis treatment is the missing piece of the puzzle for you.

Jill

--------------------
If laughter is the best medicine, why hasn't stand-up comedy cured me?

Posts: 1773 | From San Diego | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tosho
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10191

quote:
Originally posted by SForsgren:
I think many people with Lyme have Brucella but doctors just don't look for it. Energetically, I have it as well.

Scott, do you know any options specifically for Brucella (other than abx) ?
I saw Brucella mentioned in dr. K's "A look beyond antibiotics".

--------------------

tosho
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10191

Jill, fingers crossed for HH caps [Smile] Good luck too!

--------------------

bejoy
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tosho, Desbio has a homeopathic series remedy for Brucella.

http://www.desbio.com/series-therapy.html

I have read references to Brucella being a tick born coinfection, but I don't remember where.

Like Scott, I also respond to it energetically, but it doesn't come up as a priority for treatment.

I have not used that series remedy myself, but I have used their series remedy for Bartonella, and Borrelia, and they were very effective.

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info about - The Extremely Unfortunate Skull Valley Incident.
Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swedish lyme sufferer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14579

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedish lyme sufferer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Tosho,

glad they found the missing link!

For brucella you can take Primaxin, Trimethoprim/sulfa (Bactrim, Septra) Rifampin, Doxycykline, Gentamicin, Streptomycin.

Just a question; do you have twitches? Paresthesia?

Best to you!
/swedish

Posts: 347 | From sweden | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tosho
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10191

Hi, I don't have twitches and paresthesia.

I have some news, my second test for brucella is negative (igm and igg antibodies).
I was told that first test was false positive (agglutination test) due to some technical reasons and I should not worry about it. I hope that's true and I don't have it...

--------------------

Alv
Unregistered

Yes my kids and I came up with Brucella energeticly later on treatment when THE LYME and BART was lowered ....it will not show up originally but later on ,yes it did .

It is NEVER just LYME.

The fact that they are not activated all the same time is the problem of not comming out positive ,while one goes down..the OTHERS SHOW UP .

clairenotes
Member # 10392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairenotes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I completely agree with Alv... you may see it re-surface again at some point.

Claire

Posts: 1111 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TO LIFE
Unregistered

Hey,

Alot of your SX match mine. Hang in their mate.

Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
glad you found and posted AJ's thread links there, tosho.

it's what immediately came to mind as i remember well the great info she gathered, and that i always felt certain that many of us are dealing with brucellosis ~~ either in it's original form or mutated into the mycoplasmas.

in fact, we should copy/paste the info contained in AJ's thread and links here.

LN sometimes clears out old threads, and this is one of many topics we shouldn't loose.
the most informative threads on brucellosis are from 2003.

m

--------------------
life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage
-- anais nin

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Seems that they may be some overlap or connection with Lyme in it's various forms, mycoplasmas, etc.

I don't know what it is, though. I'm not a scientist so I couldn't say technically what it is.

I had an Asyra test come up with mycoplasmas. I took the remedy & sure enough, I had a return of old symptoms...

I also read that mycoplasmas have a 7 year cycle.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement