LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » One month off abx...doing fine..!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: One month off abx...doing fine..!
Wimenin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wimenin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I havent been out posting in while, probably because Ive been doing fairly well lately, and Ive been extremely busy.

Anyway, yesterday marked one month Ive been off all abx. Given my long, typical story of lyme, Im really happy Im still getting healthier, and now doing it without any abx.

Im still taking some natural supplements and vitamins, but the drs apptmts are done. (Ive got a follow up with the LLMD in a few months, but he doubted Id be back, and at this point, so do I.)

My best advice for those still figting it...listen to your LLMD, follow Dr.Bs protocols, and be patient...very, very patient. This fall marks 3 years since this all started, and while I feel a lot better then 3 years ago, I still have a little ways to go yet, and it could take a few more years to be completely 100% healthy (if thats possible with lyme).

Although the lyme might be mostly gone in my system, the remnants of the encephalitis/meningitis still pop up to remind me of the battle...

Well, I just thought Id pop in to wish everyone well.

Keep fighting the good fight!!

Posts: 514 | From . | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shelly23
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shelly23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so glad for you but some what jelous [Smile] ( in a good way of course)

--------------------
Shelly
~ IGM~Positive
CDC Positive
23-25 +
31+++
34++
41+

I am a Dreamer, Believer, and Conquer; I will overcome this disease !!!

Posts: 382 | From Alabama Via PA | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MorningSong
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19989

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MorningSong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wimenin~

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your success story. It means a lot.

Also you mentioned recovering from encephalitis/meningitis. The reason I ask is because the LLMD believes Lyme may have spread to brain and spine. Were you on IVs for this. Just wanting to know if IVs were most helpful in this area.

Thankful that you are feeling well again [Smile]

Posts: 515 | From In His Loving Care | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cottonbrain
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 13769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cottonbrain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wimenin,
thanks so much for sharing the good news -- it is encouraging to those of us still fighting. I am so happy for you!

Can you let us know if you did IV's and how long you were ill before treatment?

Also, would you mind saying which symptoms took the longest to clear?

Most of all, congratulations! Enjoy the rest of your life
[Cool] [Cool]

Posts: 1168 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great news! would you mind sharing what meds you took?
Posts: 226 | From earth | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So happy for you!!!

It is great to hear of your success and it gives encouragement to those who have not seen much improvement in shorter periods of time.

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wimenin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wimenin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all the well wishes.

For those of you that want to know what I went through, protocols, etc, please do a search for my name and you'll see the different aspects of my case.

Id like to go through exactly what I used and what dosage, and what length, etc, but as I learned with my LLMD, everybody is different when it comes to how they react.

I can tell you that I was on the triple abx protocol, and that I also used natural supplements, and I also had vitamin deficiencies as well to address. As I said, everyone is different, and a good LLMD will have the basic Dr.Bs protocols covered, but also will do specific recomendations for just you based on whats going on with you.

As for the encephalitis stuff, I didnt know I had enceph/menin till a neuro confirmed it, however, it was originally thought to be viral, and it turned out to be bacterial/lyme. And knowing that, cripes, Im lucky to be alive at this point.

I did not have an IV for the enceph/menin. I did have a LP almost a year after initial symptoms, but the LP didnt yield anything other then an elevated protein level, which indicated I was fighting something.

Probably the thing that helped the most for the enceph stuff was reducing my work hrs to part time, resting alot, eating properly, not exercising, then eventually when my system seemed stronger, going onto abx to kill the lyme while boltering the immune system with vitamins/supplements, etc..

As for symptoms that took the longest to clear, thats easy..headaches, and anxiety. My twin towers of evil. They were the first ones that popped up when this all started, and will likely be the last ones to be completely gone. Even today I have mild migraine symptoms with a headache.

The majority of the other symptoms I had (I had over 80 at one time), were eliminated or greatly reduced after a few once once on Dr.Bs protocol which my LLMD followed (triple abx).

Anyway, if you want more details, please do a search on my name and you'll get more info on the specifics...but they arent anything that strayed from Dr.Bs...

If this kind of story can help you keep fighting...good! That was the whole point. Im not bragging, noooo.. Im just trying to encourage and support everyone here as this forum is top notch with truly great people. But as was mentioned already, it really does take time to heal up, and even then, you may have some permanent issues to deal with. The sooner you accept that its a long term (months, years) fight, the easier it will be for you to focus on one day at a time... thats what Im doing...

If down the road I have another relapse, so be it, Ive been there done that, and Ill just get back on the horse and keep riding. Hey, what choice do we have?

God bless..

Posts: 514 | From . | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baileygirl
Member # 19658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baileygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats. I am so happy you are feeling good. You have given me some much needed hope. Thanks.
Posts: 77 | From MD | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Kete-tracker
Member # 17189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Kete-tracker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great to hear this! Make sure to keep on some herbs to keep your immune system in top shape. (stuff like Cat's Claw)

Do that exercise atLeast twice a week for an hour+ (sure helped ME a bunch), & don't stay up too late!

My LLND said I could add some Wine w/ my dinner a month out. Don't overdo it though. I did & I paid!

Posts: 1233 | From Dover, NH | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abbyjo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abbyjo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Such great news and sooo encouraging! Thank you

so much for taking the time to share. May I ask

how long you were sick before being diagnosed?

--------------------
abbyjo

Posts: 253 | From Southern CA. | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nikoru123
Member # 20278

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nikoru123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations!

Thank you for giving me some hope. Headaches and anxiety seem to be the only symptoms I have left as well.

Posts: 11 | From Philadelphia, PA | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gemofnj
Member # 15551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gemofnj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wim,

Great news! I am so glad for you. [Smile] [Smile]

I too have gone into remission as well. Still on cats claw and tons of supplements such as immume boosters and an array of vitamins and supplements to keep the monsters away.. lol.

If a relapse is in my future then I will not stop swinging!

To all those who are still fighting, dont give up. If necessary, change up your strategy, protocol, tests, detox, doctors, and keep asking those questions!

Posts: 1127 | From atlantic city, nj | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement