LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » My eyes seem more yellow...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My eyes seem more yellow...
Jasmin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jasmin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe it's my imagination, but the whites of my eyes seem more yellow. It kinda freaked me out when I first noticed!

I have been on liver supporting herbs, but maybe I need to be taking more. I have milkthistle, burdock root, sarsaparilla, and cayenne. I was eating garlic, but can't choke it down anymore. I need to buy capsules.

Maybe it's just before unnoticed aging...but I still don't like it!

Otherwise, I've been feeling a lot better lately. [Smile]

--------------------
Never doubt in darkness what the daylight proves to you.

Posts: 418 | From Utah | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gemofnj
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gemofnj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jas,

i would ask my doctor if this is a reaction and is it normal with your protocol.

does your skin seem yellow too?

do you get liver enzymes checked every month?

Posts: 1123 | From atlantic city, nj | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jasmin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jasmin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My doctor hasn't checked my enzymes yet, but I've read in his info packet that he checks them every 2 months.

My skin is naturally yellow, and I have a new tan that intensifies that... so I'm not sure. I want to say, no, my skin does not seem more yellow.

My next appointment is really soon, so I'll have to talk to him about it then for sure.

Thanks for the reply. [Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 418 | From Utah | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nenet
Member # 13174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yellowing whites of eyes is a dangerous sign.

If I were you I would go into a walk-in clinic asap and get checked out.

With this kind of symptom, coupled with prescriptions, chronic illness, and multiple supplement use, it is very risky to not get checked out immediately. If you don't you risk serious damage or worse.

Sorry to frighten you, but it's not a good thing to ignore or wait until later on. Better safe than sorry!

Good luck, Jasmin! Please let us know how you are doing, ok?

--------------------
Dr. C's Western Blot Explanation

Lymenet Success Stories

ILADS Treatment Guidelines

Medical & Scientific Literature on Lyme

"Long-Term Antibiotic Therapy Improves Persistent Symptoms Associated with Lyme Disease"

Posts: 1176 | From KY | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill E.
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill E.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I, too, encourage you to have your liver enzymes checked ASAP, either at a walk-in clinic or have your doctor fax a lab requisition to a lab, etc.

I went into liver failure from an antibiotic in 2005, despite being on liver-supporting herbs. Yellowing of the eyes can be a jaundice symptom, as you are probably suspecting.

Can you list which antibiotics you are on, if any? I was recently on Alinia which did cause my eyes to yellow, but eye discolaration was listed as a possible side effect. Regardless, I had my liver enzymes checked every two weeks!

Better safe than sorry, definitely! And liver enzyme tests are not expensive.

Jill

--------------------
If laughter is the best medicine, why hasn't stand-up comedy cured me?

Posts: 1773 | From San Diego | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MorningSong
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19989

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MorningSong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I agree with others. Get your liver checked enzymes checked asap. The sooner the better. I too have been there.
Posts: 515 | From In His Loving Care | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jasmin, call your lyme doc immediately and tell him the whites of your eyes seem yellow.

I know what he will do. He will fax to your local blood lab a request for liver tests immediately and tell you to go there immediately.

He will also tell you to stop all meds until you get the results of your blood tests.

If you have never thought your eyes looked yellow before, then you are noticing a change and it needs to be reported.

My girlfriend called me one day saying she thought her skin looked a little yellow, but she wasn't sure. I said to her, "Did you ever think your skin looked yellow before?" She said, "No."

Long story short, the lyme doc did what I said above and her liver enzymes were high and she was off antibiotics for a number of months until enzymes were back in the normal range.

A lyme doc is going to treat this seriously. Please call right away.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nenet
Member # 13174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jasmin, where are you? We're worried about you. Please let us know when you can ok?

--------------------
Dr. C's Western Blot Explanation

Lymenet Success Stories

ILADS Treatment Guidelines

Medical & Scientific Literature on Lyme

"Long-Term Antibiotic Therapy Improves Persistent Symptoms Associated with Lyme Disease"

Posts: 1176 | From KY | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jasmin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19959

Hi...

My doctor's office is closed today, so it will have to wait until Monday.

I asked my husband what he thought, and he thinks my eyes were just red. It makes sense because I haven't been sleeping well, and I've been wearing makeup which I usually don't do. My eyes even felt irritated when I went to bed last night.

Anyway, my eyes seem more clear this morning...so I'm not so worried. I'm wondering if my bathroom light has a yellow cast that made my red eyes seem more yellow.

I didn't take my diflucan last night and don't plan on taking anymore until I get my liver enzymes tested.

I am also on penicillin, but I plan on continuing that unless even the thought of yellow eyes crosses my mind again. Believe me, I'm checking every time I pass a mirror. [Smile]

And I'm not going to wear makeup either... [spinning smile]

Thanks for the concern. [group hug]

--------------------

ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My eyes haven't been clear for many years with this illness, unless I'm going out somewhere special and put Murine eyedrops in!

They are usually at half mast, reddish and sometimes yellowish, especially in the inner corners. Last summer a shower of floaters suddenly came in the left eye.

They are often sore and gunky and I think candida and food intolerances too through Lyme can affect the clarity of the eyes, not to mention the overall blurriness!

My son's eyes are often yellow [and skin] and he has been diagnosed with Gilbert's Syndrome, but I am wondering too about excess copper:

I know from my detailed cell-level tests [Monro Fatigue Panel at the Breakspear Hospital in UK] that copper has replaced zinc and Manganese at receptor level, so I am wondering about inherited problems for my son.

Sorry, been musing 'out loud': but if you are in doubt, it of course makes sense to ask your doctor for Liver Function tests,

all the best,

Carry

Posts: 1644 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jasmin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19959

No apologies needed! [Smile] I'm going to have to get some Murine eye drops!

--------------------

CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you taking Alinia? I have read accounts of that doing this.
Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jasmin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19959

Nope... no Alinia.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement